main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Qi’ra should have been in BOBF. Missed opportunity there.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Wonder if they wait for Emilia Clarke to age up for her to do post ROTJ.

3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I doubt Qi’ra appears in SW live action again. The reliable leaker thinks she'll be a comics only character from this point.

I think Lando is the only viable character from Solo for live action.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So he just speculates. Emilia Clarke has said she welcome to return and was the most popular characters from Solo with Lando. Jon Kasdan has been in talks with Jon Faveru that might produce something.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    rocknroll41 likes this.
  5. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Unlikely.

He speculates pretty accurately because he has better sources than anyone here. He loves Solo too, so if he thought there was a chance Clarke would return I'm sure he'd say so.

Ron Howard has said there's no chance Solo returns while some of the actors and Kasdan have said it's up to fans to create demand. Which isn't happening.

And as for Kasdan, his work on Willow is so terrible that I find it unlikely he'll be working with any big properties again anytime soon. Then again, the power of nepotism is stronger than the Force.

Oryx-I and rocknroll41 like this.
  6. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah I think Qi’ra’s probably not going to be in live action tv/film for a while.

Theoretically they could show Maul again in the Bad Batch, but I don’t get the impression the series is all that interested in larger narratives.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Bad Batch is interesting in big narrative but its just the start of a new story. We only got a tease of crime syndicates.

Kasdan has done well with Solo and Willow, he has a good relationship with Lucasfilm and Faveru.

8. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Bad Batch barely does anything with its own “Myth Arc” (the clones place in the Empire and Mount Tantiss), it would just be naivety to assume they would also try juggle a whole other huge saga about Crimson Dawn and Darth Maul.

rocknroll41 and Sarge like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Not this season but future seasons, as long as it involves the clones in the story. And from reviewers we will soon get more of the clones in the Empire and Mount Tantiss. We already met with the Pykes in season one.

10. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    What makes you think that Kasdan has done well with Solo and Willow? Is it just your personal feeling?

In reality, Solo only has a 64% audience rating on RT, and the critics agree with a 69% approval rating. Even more significantly, LFL has no current plans to continue the Solo film franchise and even KK has admitted that their approach to the film was a mistake.

Willow also has had a poor audience reception, with an 64% RT score.

If Kasdan still has a good relationship with LFL and company, it's only for the wrong reason: nepotism.

I would think if fans are interested in LFL's future success, they wouldn't want Kasdan near any future projects.

Oryx-I, Watcherwithin and Sarge like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont trust rotten tomatoes, they get review bombed sometimes too, just look at certain woke shows, lol.

juanw likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Why do people bother with audience reviews?

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I prefer to harshly review the audience reviews.

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This is the way.

15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't see them doing Kira in live action post-ROTJ until they resolve that aspect left open from Solo. otherwise there is a huge gap missing.

If they do decide to do ROTJ Kira first in live action, then that aspect left open by solo is not gonna be all that important when its resolved.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Who is Kira?

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    maybe nothing really important happenned post Solo, comics suggest there was no war and Maul was not revealed to be the top behind Crimson Dawn. Maybe Maul departed to look for Malachor.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Second in command of DS9. Try to keep up.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Metacritic has similar scores: Critics 62 and User score 6.1.

When the critics and the audience agree, concerns about bias shouldn't be an issue.

Do you have a measurement tool you prefer? If we don't trust the measuring tools because of bias, why should we trust you?

Of course, the most effective measurement is that LFL isn't planning more Solo and have admitted mistakes were made.

So if this thread is about the future of SW TV, the focus should be placed elsewhere -- unless you have some kind of evidence you haven't introduced yet.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I trust the sites that agree with my opinion. I mean, don't we all? ;)

21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Would you rather that we only get one Star Wars show a year but with a higher production value and better/less rushed writing, or keep things as is?

Sarge likes this.
  22. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Only shows? sure make them more a set piece for the year. Keep books, games and comics going.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I've liked 80+% of the "rushed" content so keep churning out content you soulless content factory!

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I've enjoyed all the "rushed"* shows so far, so I don't see a problem with it.

*The only show that can be truthfully called rushed is The Book of Boba Fett, and that was mostly because they knew that covid restrictions might shut them down any day.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They should wait 3 years between episodes like I had to back in the day. Harrumph.

AusStig and Mistress_Renata like this.