main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TBH, they need to just leave the OT and the PT alone. They happened. Just like the ST happened. SW has proven with The Mandalorian that its more than capable of moving on.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Realistically, if the ancient Sith ever settled a planet and passed on their genetics, over the course of many generations there could be billions of Sith descendants.

The idea that Bane somehow tracked down every single Sith and reduced the number to two and that they go extinct when both killed is fairy tale story telling.

I would think that the the number of “Sith” (as in of Sith bloodline, not necessarily Force sensitive) could number higher than the number of clone troopers.

I think a story that takes place after RoS about the rise of such zealots/cultists could be cool. Attacking from the outside and also having infiltrated high positions in the Republic.

Something that bothered me about the ST is that the whole point of Vader and Luke in the OT was that love brought down the Emperor. Palpatine’s death was incidental to Vader allowing himself to love his son.

In the ST the solution was to kill him outright. And all the cultists are crushed, and when the Star Destroyers get stuck, the solution is to kill them all, rather than an unconditional surrender.

I’d like to see a conflict that can’t entirely be resolved just by slaughtering the enemy. There would just be too many Sith to kill them all and not have it be a genocide. War would be fought, but not resolved via wholesale slaughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    You mean the heroes shouldn't win by killing what they hate, but saving what they love?

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    These are some of my issues with TROS as well. The whole thing has such an unrealistic Hollywood fairy tale ending. Kinda like the LOTR: ROTK movie, where the entire Mordor army is magically destroyed the moment Sauron is destroyed. Even though in the novel, the orcs were still around and actually in control of the Shire and other parts of the world. They are just fractured and without central leadership. The same thing that would happen to the Empire or the First Order.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh no! In Star Wars?!

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lest we forget the implications of ROTJ

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Orcs never took control of the Shire. Those were just dudes.

Oryx-I and Sarge like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah, the noble race of Dudes. While everyone else ran off to fight Sauron they just chilled out and sipped some White Russians.

Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah a classic

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Future of Star Wars tv, could mean more look into the underworld of Star Wars, characters like Maul and Boba.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    With Disney+ Day around the corner what’s everyone’s hopes in terms of new content announced? I’ll start…

5. Luke and Ben (animated series)
    4. Solo 2 (either movie or series)
    3. Finn the Jedi series
    2. Obi-Wan and Anakin (animated series set between TPM and AOTC)
    1. The High Republic animated series

MrDarth0 and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  12. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope no one would have the audacity to claim that Star Wars is ever unrealistic. They should be banned from this site if they think that way.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Fett TV

Django Fett likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think High Republic animated will come soon, but maybe not until before Acolyte.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The New Adventures of Luke Skywalker - set 5 years after ROTJ
    The Further Adventures of Luke Skywalker -
    set 10 - 15 years after ROTJ
    The New Adventures of Princess Leia
    - set 3 years prior to ANH, possible crossover with Andor
    The Further Adventures of Leia Skywalker Organa Solo -
    set post ROTJ during her Jedi training
    The Diary of Zuckuss & 4-LOM - set post ROTJ
    The Day of Dengar
    - set concurrently and shortly after ROTJ

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would hope for at least one tv show with zero returning characters and far removed from the events of the Galactic Civil War, temporally and/or spatially.

I mean even a story that takes place simultaneously with the PT or OT but takes place so far in the outer rim where talk about a Galactic Civil War or Clone War is just rumor and does not impact the citizens to any big degree.

Create 100% new characters, new villains, new conflict. And then they can gradually become more and more impacted by the events of the Republic/Empire after a couple seasons.

I don’t really like the monolithic nature of Star Wars politics. That it’s one Republic or one Empire that meets dissidence.

The Hutts and criminal cartels add a bit of flavor, but even then it just feels very Roman. I.E. there were civilized Romans and “uncivilized” Germans, Celts, etc.

There is the Republic/Empire, then criminal cartels beyond their reach. I’m interested in the Parthia or China to the Empire’s Rome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    @clone commander bossk will not be happy.

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The Book of Boba will take a minor classic character and pump them up into a fan favourite. And that'll be the hit series of 2023.

The Marvellous Menagerie of Mister Maliki

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Post-ROTJ Luke series.

Or even better. Post-ROTJ Luke, Han and Leia series.

And then something with Jedi and Sith set very long time before the Saga movies.

20. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I'd still love to see a series that just meanders. A Star Wars version of Kung-Fu that really shows of the world-building. They have enough props by now!

Sarge, Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. I'd like to see a Star Wars story that's not about an ongoing fight with antagonists, but rather, is one of exploration, with the obstacles being the natural environment or personal fears, and not goons or moustache-twirlers. Something akin to The Green Knight would be great, too.

Sarge, Riv_Shiel and DannyD like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    So you want a Star Wars film/series that is so boring it puts the audience to sleep? Odd choice. :p

PymParticles and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, because I hate audiences and I'd rather they be asleep so I can watch the movie in peace.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    To be clear I was specifically referencing The Green Knight. Which is a movie that is so boring I think it should be considered a war crime to make people sit through it. The other stuff in your post would be okay as long as it’s handled better. :p

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I know. But it's an opinion that sucks so much that I decided my life would be better if I pretended it didn't exist. ;)

Sarge likes this.