main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    How so?

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Fandom Wire have a good track record, don't they?

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It was taken down for some reason, though. At least the link isn't working.

EDIT: They've posted a retraction on the story...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They might have played their hand too soon, lol.

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well there you go. They were had, basically.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I knew they shouldn't have mentioned a movie!

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Effective immediately, the 2nd half of Andor Season 1 and all of Season 2 are also cancelled.
    As soon as the word "movie" drops, DLFL just spams the abort button.

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A Disney plus movie.
    For both shows.

9. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    So what will the schedule for Star Wars tv look like for the next couple/few years (I recently heard Andor season 2 probably won't come until 2024).

So 2023 will be Mando season 3, Ahsoka season 1, Skeleton Crew season 1, perhaps a third season of Bad Batch.

2024 will be Acolyte Season 1, perhaps Skeleton Crew season 2, Mandalorian Season 4, and Andor season 2.......oh and potentially Ahsoka season 2. Doubt we will get five live action shows in a single year so a couple of those will likely get pushed to 2025. And we will undoubtedly have some new announcements on the tv front at next year's celebration.

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    To hazard a guess I’d say,

May 2023- Mando season 3

December 2023/January 2024-Ahsoka

May 2024-Skeleton Crew

September/November 24- The Acolyte

May 2025- Andor Season 2.

future seasons of Mando and Bad Batch if they happen I’m expecting another 18 month wait.

11. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Considering how they've been treating The Bad Batch, I have doubts about S3 happening.
    S2 is January 2023.

12. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    They do seem to be putting more emphasis on live action right now so that wouldn't be surprising. And TCW and Rebels were a little unique in how long they lasted compared to most other animation projects.

I think we can tend to expect three live action shows a year to go along with one to two animated shows.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I can see Visions becoming an annual event since they don't have to rely on any one specific team to account for a longrunning linear storyline.

Cos Palpatine, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think something like Visions/Tales of the Jedi is probably the future of Star Wars animation. Shorter and more compact that slots easier into their scheduling.

So Bad Batch ending with 2 wouldn’t shock me at all.

15. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I see no reason to think that The Bad Batch is getting any "bad" treatment.
    Season 2 will arrive very soon. Why would they not make more seasons?
    Why is this even a suggestion? Star Wars shows will start overlapping this fall.
    The trend will continue with The Mandalorian and Bad Batch 2.

16. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Not looking likely, considering that Mandalorian has seemingly been pushed back from its February release date.

17. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    I have a feeling they are going to have Mando season 3 debut Celebration weekend.

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Is there an official source of that? Or are we going with the fake screenshot of Disney+ saying Season 3 will come in October 2023?

19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m not going with that at all (and I believe the Disney + thing said October 2022)

What I am going with is how, during D23, Favreau consistently referred to Mando Season 3 coming in “2023” as opposed to specifying February. Likewise the February date has been removed from several official SW social media accounts.

They’re moving it.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Three years until Andor S2? How do you figure?

21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    With the production time, the earliest we could see it, (as in the earliest it would be done), would be mid-late 2024, but I suspect with the Disney + scheduling format of spacing everything out as far as possible (to avoid internal and external competition and to keep subscribers) it’ll come out months later than that.

I don’t know it’ll be May 2025, that’s just me throwing it out there because of May 4, but 2025 is a very possible release window.

theorenwulf likes this.
  22. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I think the future of Star Wars TV is supernova bright and in good hands; if this latest offering in ANDOR is anything to go by.

And I don't care if there is 2 or 3 years between Seasons. As long as the production, the cinematography, the characterisation and the acting are all top notch and of the highest quality.

Although I am insatiable for any new Star Wars content, with the glut in recent years, I am happy to be contented with this for now if the outlook is to create everything of the highest order. And such a thing takes time to make and to go through all of the post-production processes.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    While I could see your release schedule, I could also see them trying to get 3 seasons of Star Wars out each year, like they did this year. Probably not more but sooner or later they probably want to constantly have Star Wars or Marvel on while avoiding overlap at the same time. So next yeqr we are probably going to get Bad Batch season 2, Mando season 3 and Ahsoka (maybe a bit earlier then you expect). 2024 would then have Skeleton Crew, Acolyte and probably also Andor season 2, unless there are production problems. But maybe that is also just wishful thinking. 2025 would get intresting then. Mando season 4 and Bad Batch season 3 might be on then provided they happen but if they want three shows per year they'd need something else. Acolyte and Skeleton Crew season 2 are probabl not gonna be ready by then, even if they happen and nothing else was supposed to get a second season. Maybe they could squeeze the Lando event series in that they announced a while ago or they announce something new next year that could start production in a year to be ready for a 2025 release.
    But maybe I'm also wrong and they revert to a two seasons per year schedule.

24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think Disney’s at a point where it’s not just their own series that they want to have breathing room from, but also external stuff like Rings of Power and House of the Dragon, so I think that’s another factor you have to add in with the scheduling. They’re almost at a point where they have more content than room to release it, so there’ll have to be some adjustments. My feeling is that they’re going to stagger these things going forward.

theorenwulf likes this.
  25. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    I'm not so sure that they are gonna factor those things in. They might not schedule their flagship shows at the same time as something like Rings of Power or House of the Dragon but I think they are gonna schedule something. Otherwise they risk many people unsubscribing when there is nothing new to watch on Disney +. And right now both shows are competing with two concurrent shows on Disney + (She-Hulk and Andor), so I don't really see any evidence of that.