main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Future of Talon Intel Squad.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Idiots Array, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Fluke, I understand where you're coming from, I really do. And it would be nice if we could finish up the current chapter. But we have to be practical here. Part of the reason we're starting over in the first place is because of the lack of focus and direction in the current chapter. I still refuse to say that the story "died," but even I can admit that it's not going anywhere right now and that's not likely to change. There's simply not enough interest in finishing the chapter.

We haven't heard replies from everyone yet, but I think we're all pretty much agreed on starting over, or at the very least resigned to the idea. That means that right now we need to be focusing our time and energy on making that happen. Finishing up the current chapter would just distract us from this new project, and that would not be good. We can't have our attentions divided if we want this to work.

I hope you can see my point of view here. Trying to finish the chapter is a nice idea but I'm afraid it's just not terribly feasible.

-mjeh

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Let's compromise...I can find time in the oddest places, and I'm sure if a couple of people want to finish the chapter just for the sake of not leaving it hanging, it can be done with no harm to the future TIS. It would only take one large post, as Albion succeeded in doing not too long ago, to finish the chapter.

I will take on the task, along with Fluke, if he would be willing. All I ask is an ending idea to get started, and we could finish the "unfinished business" in one clean post. Guaranteed.

First, Fluke, would you like to do another co-authored post...?

And secondly, anyone have any ideas as to the way chapter twenty should end...?

3. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    So...what's been going down here lately? A breif summmary for old time's sake?

:)

4. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    Okay... I hope to all heaven I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by doing this, but I've delved into the MSN Communities, and have set up a rinky-dink little board to keep ideas, pictures, documents, and other stuff organized and ready for when IA finally gets his uber-Cool Nest together for all of us to post on.

Well... whether you wanna use it or not, the link is here...

TIS Transitional Community

IA and MJEH... if/when both of you log on there, you both get manager privilieges, because as co-leaders for this group, that's the least you deserve.

I'm always here to support you guys, and keep things going smooth when I can, and I'm sorry that I've been caught in this black hole called 'Writer's Block'... I'm hoping that by me doing this is a step back towards my being on the boards again.

OFF TOPIC!!!!! - Oh, yeah... Mentos. I'm planning a trip up to Harrison Hot Spring this May. Derisa told me you're up in that area. Can you send me an e-mail?

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Thanks, Albion, but I just got the new Nest up and running. The URL is: http://www.amateurwriters.net/cgi-bin/Talonsquad/yabb/YaBB.pl or you can use the link here. I'm in the process right now of creating the correct forums, but it's getting really late here, so I may not finish until tomorrow.

Happy Posting. :D

EDIT: Oh, and Mara is the new Admin at the Nest. She'll handle the day-to-day administration of the Nest while I'm working on my other project.

India Alpha

6. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Woohoo! IA, you rock! :D

But that was really cool of you to go to all that trouble, Albion... you rock too. :) And don't worry about the writer's block thing... you're certainly not the only one.

Trika and Fluke: well hey, if you guys want to get that together on your own, go for it. ;) Best of luck to you.

Nomi: Kind of a long story. I'd summarize and all, but it's a little past mjeh's bedtime and she needs sleep (and divine intervention) if she's going to pass her exams tomorrow. Maybe someone else can explain for you... if not, the first page of this thread pretty much lays out the sitch.

Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, I think I'm out for tonight... Honors Algebra II finals in less than ten hours, not to mention the fact that sleep deprivation is quickly reducing me to a drivelling moron. If I don't show my face much tomorrow, it is because I am doing some mega-cramming for my AP European History test on Wednesday, which is basically the academic equivilant of an especially brutal Imperial interrogation session. Please pray for my survival.

-mjeh the academically-beleaguered

p.s. I think I've posted more times in this thread in the last day or two than I have anywhere on the JC in about the last couple months... *sigh* I hate being caught in Study Hell. :(

7. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    Okay... I'm now 'Ghost' on the new nest too! ;)

Thanks for getting that up. I'll keep that annoying little bastage Community site as a back-up... just in case.

*goes back to his cubicle*

8. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Go to the The Nest to continue the discussion of this topic.

Thank you for shopping at an Idiots Array thread. Please come again! :D

India Alpha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.