main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions The future of the Unknown Regions

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SpecForce Trooper, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    So what would happen to the superpowers hidden from view? Who are the big players? What about the unaligned territories- the lawlessness spoken of in the Thrawn trilogy. Has it been cleaned up? Where is the "hyperspace disturbance" and how will it affect the western side of the galaxy. How will the Unknown Regions and mainstream galaxy interact? How will alliances form? There's so much potential here.

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I guess we are talking about Legends canon? I imagine through thr Chiss the unknown regions will be eventually integrated into the mainstream of galactic society and economy.

The Ssi-Ruu at this point are gone, the Vaagari are gone, I'm not sure about the Mnngal-Mnngal but they can be contained. Eventually I think hyperspace travel in the western galactic quadrant will become easier opening up countless worlds to settlement and trade.

Eventually it will become a part of the rest of the galaxy though I imagine there are still terrors unheard yet...

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A Star Trek type series in the Unknown Regions would be so much fun.

4. Pacified_llama

Pacified_llama Jedi Master star 3

Sep 15, 2017
    Agreed. An exploration of the Unknown Regions on screen/on page would be great fun.

They have constantly pushed the rationale that you can't chart the Unknown Regions because there's no hyperspace routes/lanes charted out. Whenever people have ventured "Into the Unknown Regions" so often has it been off-camera, so to speak. Which is frustrating. The focus is always on the pivotal events in the galaxy proper.

This reminds me of some of the earlier parts of Force Heretic in the NJO - when Luke & company are onboard Widowmaker and go in pursuit of Zonama Sekot. I thought the earlier chapters conveyed a sense of adventuring into the unknown quite well - a sense of comradery to match too.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hundreds of new alien species. New technology. Just like when Europe and the original 13 colonies began colonizing the American continents. Except more dangerous.

6. Pacified_llama

Pacified_llama Jedi Master star 3

Sep 15, 2017
    Hopefully not in a battle cruiser called Widowmaker. ;)

Something more approachable perhaps, like Love Commander. (Oh my, I can't believe I'm quoting from LOTF)

7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd say from a galactopolitics standpoint the Chiss probably either rule directly or hold sway over large parts of the Unknown regions. They probably have various rivals the Vaagari were at one point. So I imagine a more fragmented political dynamic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.