main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Galactic Civil War Era Revival Index and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AdmiralVorec, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralVorec

AdmiralVorec Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2006
    Greetings members of the Galactic Empire and... pfft... the Rebellion! I am Admiral Vorec, member of the Imperial Navy. I've taken it upon myself to gather up some stories that take place during the Galactic Civil War era which feature the Imperial Forces, the Rebellion, or Neutral/Otherwise in the same era (Post ROTS to Pre- New Republic).

I'll be managing this index by adding in new stories as I find them. However, feel free to send me a message with the link to any story that likely fits the timeframe, and I'll be sure to add it.

Each story will fall under one of three categories. First one being, Imperial Related. These stories are mainly Imperial or Empire related in nature. They feature Imperial point of views (ie. Stormtroopers or TIE Pilots), and generally try to cast a kindler gentler light on them. The second category is the Rebellion Related. These are Rebel point of view stories, or Rebel sympathetic in nature. The last category will be the Other Related. These are any stories set during the Galactic Civil War period that either depict neutral/pirate forces, both Imperial and Rebel (equally), or some other strange variation that I can't think of (ie. A Droid story).

Again, feel free to PM me any links to stories that fit the categories included here. So I now give you, the Galactic Civil War Era FanFiction Index!

Imperial Related Stories:

In an Imperial State of Mind: The story of Kane Lavos
    Author(s): Protege-of-Thrawn
    Summary: We chronical the life of a young boy, whose life will be a bittersweet yet profoundly epic tale that reflects and mirrors the rise and fall of Palpatine's New Order.

Tales of the Galactic Empire: Survivor
    Author(s): CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
    Summary: One man alone and stranded on the fourth moon of Yavin must survive the harsh environment, escape the clutches of the Rebellion, and resist the temptation of the Darkside...

War of the Galaxies - Todesfuge
    Author: Amphistaff-Chuck
    Summary: Part 1 of a three part story. The Empire is taken over by a small clique of brilliant misfit generals and admirals just after the Battle of Hoth. Their appointed Emperor crushes the Rebellion yet introduces numerous reforms to grant greater freedom to the oppressed of the Empire. After several prosperous and quiet years the peace is broken by the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong. The invaders acheive unprecedented victories and threaten the Core within days of their arrival. They are stopped and a seige of the remnants of the Empire rages on. The shadowed leaders of the Yuuzhan Vong begin a new push and their victory appears close at hand.

Beyond The Darkness (A Thrawn Story)
    Author: Azeria_Jade
    Summary: My story takes place about fifteen years before Thrawn joined the Empire, his military career has just begun, and he's about to embark on an adventure that would leave even Luke Skywalker breathless...

The Hunt for the Sovereignty (Thrawn/Zsinj AU Fic)
    Author: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
    Summary: Her captain and crew have stolen the Victor Star Destroyer Sovereignty on her maiden voyage. They plan to turn over the Sovereignty and her technology to the Galactic Empire and request asylum. But one man will stop at nothing to get the Sovereignty back, even if it costs him his entire fleet. And another man waits in the shadows to thwart him and obtain the Sovereignty before anyone else does, for this ship can decide the fate of the galaxy and all that live in it.

Tomorrow Is Another Day To Make Them Pay (A Poem)
    Author: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
    Summary: A poem that follows the Empire's decline.
    [b

2. AdmiralVorec

Nov 30, 2006
    Here is where you'll be able to find updates to the index. They'll be dated, and brief. Just to keep you up to speed.

Updates to the Index:

3. 12/21 - "Shades of Empire" Added

4. 12/21 - "Bulls-eye" (Archived) Added

5. 12/21 - "Leia's Father" (Archived) Added

6. 12/21 - "Freedom to Err" (Archived) Added

7. 12/21 - "The 181st Imperial Fighter Group" (Archived) Added

8. 12/21 - "The Death of Tarkin" Added

9. 12/26 - "The Battle of Hoth: A Snowtrooper's Perspective" Added

10. 12/26 - "Quelsa Tonacrry: Return To Ter'Janiii" Added

11. 12/26 - "Walk The Line" Added

12. 12/26 - "For Hire" Added

13. 12/26 - "Escape from Perdition" Added

14. 12/26 - "Galaxy Noir" Added

15. 12/26 - "Galaxy Noir II" Added

16. 12/27 - "The Dark Fire Chronicles" Added

17. 12/27 - "One More Season" Added

18. 12/27 - "How Few Remain" Added

20. AdmiralVorec

Nov 30, 2006
    Here are the index rules, this way you'll know what belongs here, and what you can and can't post within the thread.

Rules for the Index:

21. All stories posted in this index should be parked on the forums, and can be either complete or incomplete

22. All stories MUST be set within the time period of 4 years Pre-Yavin to no later than 16 Years Post-Yavin

23. All stories listed here should be "believable". Meaning, no crossover stories will be added. Humor, and angst stories will be posted but may have an "*Index Note:" attached to them.

24. All stories should fall under the Imperial, Rebel, or Other categories. When submitting a story link, please specify where it belongs for quicker posting.

25. Quick reviews of a story are allowed. You can say why you particularly like a specific story, but refrain from any negative or bash comments. If you don't like a story, don't read it. If you do, recommend it.

26. General discussions are ok... just don't go too far off of the topic established here.

27. That's all... enjoy everyone! Be sure to PM me or post links to stories not yet added, and include the basic info as it appears above (link, author, summary, and category).

28. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Cool index thread.

And thanks for including my little tale. :)

29. AdmiralVorec

Nov 30, 2006
    I'll include what I find. :D Somebody had asked so I thought I'd mention it. I'm only including pieces that:

A. Are possible (meaning can happen)
    B. Are fun, scary, etc (but are generally within the realm of Star Wars)
    C. Most importantly, set between 4 Pre-ABY to 16 Post-ABY

Stories like crossovers that obviously don't fit the above criteria wont be included. Sorry guys.

30. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    I've got a tale with only OCs on my own planet that's set between episode IV and V.

31. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    looks great man, keep up the good work.

32. AdmiralVorec

Nov 30, 2006
    Link me :D I'll be sure to add it.

Also guys, if you've read these stories, feel free to recommend them to other people. The more exciting this thread is, the more people are likely to see it and then read the stories listed there.

33. AdmiralVorec

Nov 30, 2006
    I've just added one of my new stories, Quelsa Tonacrry: Return To Ter'Janiii, and Walk The Line... still waiting on some links from you guys. Don't be shy, help me get this index going! :D

Edit: I added four more stories submitted by The_Face. Keep 'em coming.

34. AdmiralVorec

Nov 30, 2006
    Three more stories added! How are you guys liking these so far? Any more to add? Keep the PM's coming.

35. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    Lets start a topic.

hmmm.

Is the empire evil.....or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.