main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars THE GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: PRISONER OF CORUSCANT

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by pashatemur, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    IC: Torian

Ben grinned wide. "Why didn't you just say so?"

Torian returned the smile. ?All right then. I?ll assemble the TRT and requisition the proper ships for the operation. We?ll need a ship that can cold nose the enemy from a distance. The men need an ABS score of at least 85 for this job.?

They continued out of the conference room and into the hallway. Torian kept up the conversation mostly, running through his head what he would need but talking out loud. ?I don?t want any Charlie Foxtrots covering my six on this one. We?ll probably put you at point so you can swing away at any fastballs thrown at us. Once we bag and tag the tangos will unload their goods and bug out.?

Infarius gave Torian a confused look. ?TRT?Charlie Foxtrots??

The General stopped, ?Son if you want to hang out with the heart breakers and life takers you need to learn the lingo.? He slapped the Jedi on the back hard and walked on ahead to lock and load.

Tag: Ben (respond if you want, I will post shortly)

2. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: General Lehkauf and Lord Vader
    LOCATION: Emp. Palpatine I spaceport, Coruscant and Ursean Embassy

The floor of the terminal vibrated with each metallic step the large squat AT-TE made as it lumbered forward looking nothing short of giant beetle, the turret and 'head' turning as the crew inside must be gathering information on the environs.

Truly useful, the AT-TE was a real 'workhorse' on the field. Lehkauf had always thought the two flanking ball socket cannons in the forward section of the upper part of the ?tank? looked a lot like mandibles. Yet, in battle, there was nothing 'cute' about this vehicle and it's unrelenting approach often rattled the calmest of the ?flesh? in the Confederacy.

However, this AT-TE stopped and down it's armor-clad side hurried a lithe man followed by another officer, Colonel Sin - who could mistake him for anyone but Sin- and two jumptroopers. Overhead, hovered some accompanying jettroopers, as well. Yet, the man in the lead approached with confidence if not a little discomfort, walking like a 'spacer' returning from a spree. Lehkauf cleared his throat. This must be Captain Sohmer, thought the General.

The man spoke disarmingly offhanded as he came to address the General. "General Lekhauf? Captain Sohmer. Yeah, do we really need to tell anyone about Option 4?"

"Option 4?!" queried Lehkauf sarcastically and gesturing to the AT-TE. "Captain Sohmer, I have to admit, 'Option 4' certainly demonstrates your understanding of the gravity of your charge, but I was wondering just how you were going to work out getting that thing through the checkpoints." The General smiled slowly. "Fortunately, your carriage awaits," he said nodding to the LAATi. "Looks like I am your 'Fairy Godfather,'" he added dryly, "but you can call me, 'Sir,'" and began to walk to Sohmer.

"We have the terminal under heavy surveillance, as I'm sure you've noted." Lekhauf smiled cordially. "Let's get underway. You can see your cargo is transferred, Captain. I understand there is a surgical committee ready and waiting and every second delay sees us all another hour closer to our own 'reward.' 'Option 4'," said the General, referring facetiously to the AT-TE, "shall have to remain with your ship. We're to convey you to the Embassy is under heightened alert and I'd just as soon not draw things out further by going through the multiple bureaus it would take to find clearance for your assault vehicle."

He reminded himself of something. "Ah, yes," he said withdrawing a small holo transponder from his belt pouch and raising a com to his lips. Clearly an Ursean 'someone' on the other end of the call was a 'gate keeper' and Lehkauf replied with a series of numbers.

He was approved to continue his call. A click and another voice spoke, male, and this time Lekhauf stood to attention as he replied and spoke quickly and to the point about meeting the Captain of the Krayt?s Fire and their intention to depart the spaceport immediately. The General held the transponder on the flat of his palm and a small holo sprang up, the image of the Imperial Executor, in lines of pale light, before the two men.

"Captain Sohmer, welcome to Coruscant. We stand ready to receive you at the Ursean Embassy. I trust Mr. Sin has kept you ...engaged…" he said, searching for the 'right' word and casting his glance to the 'hand' giving him a curt nod acknowledging the Sith's presence, "and that you felt adequately covered by Captain Vectis' group," he said with a slight nod. "I will meet you upon your arrival and look forward to an immediate debriefing," Lord Vader added, quickly bringing the welcome to a close.

"Which should be in roughly ...10 minutes, General Lehkauf," the image said with a slight smile.

Lehkauf looked to Sohmer and then quickly replied, “Yes, Your Majesty.”

“Excellent! Captain... General!” the young Emperor said and the image seemed to fall, line by flickering line like a fountain shut off.

Lekhauf stowed the transponder and looked to the Captain. “Need a hand?”

TAG: Captain Sohmer and all aboard the “Free Wheeling 56”

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Master Chef Don Diablo, Minarai Mountains

The tired chef took one last look at the shielded enclosure protecting his mountain home from the road, let the ?Secure? bleep from his luxury black limousine ring in his ears, and let himself through the disarmingly thin white door into his high-end, three-storied, mountainside home.

?Honey, I?m home.? He called out of habit, despite not re-marrying since the death of his wife back in the waning days of the Republic.

Naturally, no-one answered.

The chef made his way to the Kitchen, threw together a salad sandwich, and plastic vessel of blue milk, then with both hands full, made his way to the Security Room, where a desk and comfy chair sat before several holo-repeaters, where he could check the various parts of the house, grounds, three remotely-recorded areas of the Hell?s Kitchen restaurant. The hidden hard drive had recorded everything that had happened in those surveyed places, while he had been away from the Capitol.

He could see a closed landspeeder out on the road, beyond the ?gate? shield.

Don put the snack down, and turned a round knob on the black panel before him, magnifying the image, and zooming in on the tinted window.

Another button caused the tinted window, on his display anyway, to become transparent, and he could see the Black Guard that the Reina had assigned for his protection, that ditzy female who had previously been assigned to the princess Ylestra.

Diablo sneered. He did not need protection. He could handle himself, and he had no enemies. Not true enemies, anyway.

Maybe some kitchen staff who had failed to reach his standards. But whatever they were being paid in their current dead-end employment, it would take them years to afford to come after him.

He decided to get some rest, sleep off the supralight travel exhaustion.

Tag: no-one

4. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Obi wan Kenobi, Jedi General and Master

He should have been asleep hours ago!

Obi wan sat in the cock pit of the old Aether sprite fighter, hands dangling as he rested his arms upon his thighs and sat in dumbfounded silence unhearing, for the moment, of R-4?s signal to inform the Master that his Padawan had risen?

The scratchy transmission of the holo made the voices in the holo sound small and tiny, every other word lost as the holo flickered and scrambled before the lines coalesced into a discernable form again. The small sounds bounce off the hard walls of the sunken and modest homestead under the still and chilled Tatooine early morning sky. It was early morning, but the Jedi had been up most of the night. It was only, when he worked reluctantly on the vehicle that he found himself fading in the small hours and had under a strange little urge tried the transceiver in hopes it worked for a bit and could keep him up just long enough to finish his task.

To say Obi wan was not a natural mechanic was to say that Tatooine was a planet possessed of a somewhat arid environment. He was certain that one or two of his cries of pain and frustration had woken Luke and recovering immediately to listen for the boy?s stirring he would stand leaning out from under the open chassis, one ear cocked for a several minutes before salving yet another smashed finger.

The tools lay on the hard ground where they had been dropped earlier. R-4?s tracks showed in the dust and sand in circular patterns where he?d worked with the General.

The red-topped astro-mech whistled at the Jedi to no avail and trundled about to find Luke in the small corridor between the spare living area and kitchen.

R-4 tweeted at the boy with his disarray of sand-colored locks and a look of mild concern on his face as he searched the darkened abode. ?Whuuuuuuu! Mbeep,? she said softly to get Luke?s attention, her barrel-shaped body swiveling in the direction of the round courtyard. A single small work light hovered under the fighter showing the scattered tools on the ground beneath, while in the cock pit, an intermittent holo?s blue lights joined with those of the fighter?s interior control board to illuminate the motionless Jedi sitting within.

TAG: Luke

5. Master_of_les_pauls

Master_of_les_pauls Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2010
    Ic Jorus C'boath

Location The Jedi Haven

The old man had seemed to have lost any sort of focus of time, he had no idea how long he had been alone in his quarters. Jorus C'boath sat cross legged in the centre of the room there was just a lone flickering light illuminated the room. The Jedi master had spent his time immersed in the currents of the force, there had been a seismic disturbance in the force how ever no matter how hard he tried to figure out what had caused this change.

To say this frustrated Jorus was an understatement.

The more he tried to push and discover the source of the disturbance the more C'baoth's frustration grew, to the point that his frustrations were beginning to have an under current of anger. This anger was starting to seep into his every pore, the anger was starting to become a hard ball deep in the centre of his being.

Despite his reluctance to try and put a stop to these emotions, Jorus knew how he felt was wrong. The Jedi master knew he was skirting close to the Dark side but he no longer cared. These feelings had been building up for a long, long time. They went back before the Jedi had left Dagobah, back even before the fall of the Order.

It was he who should be leading the Jedi, not Yoda, not Emi-to. Jorus C'baoth was perhaps the one man who could have kept the Order from being destroyed, he who had the strength to lead the Jedi to there true place in the galaxy. The Jedi's place was not to serve but to lead, this had been there down fall, allowing themselves to become slaves to the corrupt senate, it was this that allowed Palpatine to bring the Jedi to there knees.

However under the leadership of Jorus C'boath he would reverse the decline of the Jedi and lead them to there rightful place and now was the time to take his place at the head of the order.

TBC!

OCC
    Sithy contact me please!

6. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Captain Scyther Vectis
    Location: Terminal 17, Emperor Palpatine Spaceport, Coruscant
    Scyther had noticed that the Lord Admiral had not joined them as yet; he was probably getting all of his belongings together for the trip off and maybe possibly the trip home. Scyther hoped she would see him again before the next time the AllStars went into battle once again.

The warm Coruscanti air felt good, and it was nice to be back in the open again after being on board Roadblock for several months. Recycled air got a little tiring after a while. This was her childhood home, and it would always remain that way, Roadblock was more of a traveling home.

As the other Captains and Lieutenants continued to chat away, her comlink chirped for attention.

"Captain Vectis from, aah, Free Wheeling Fifty-Six. We have the cargo, but there is a lartie blocking our route out of the landing bay. Do we need to worry about it?"
    Scyther sighed Not my problem mate, you want to get it out of the way, comm them yourself and deal with it. She didn't say it out loud though.

Thirty seconds later Sohmer came back on the line again, she recognised his voice over the comm.

"Roadblock from Krayt's Fire, uh, Free Wheeling Fifty-Six; it's okay, we're cool."

"Guess somebody likes a few too many holomovies" said Terric who had been listening in.

"Well Terric seems he wanted my help in getting rid of a transport sitting in his way. Guess that help is not warranted"

"Why didn?t he do it himself?" asked Bahari "Is he not able to do such a thing and he has to get a woman to do it for him? No offence Scyther".

Scyther smiled "None taken Bahari, but if it came down to a firefight, we'd show him whose boss around here"

This raised chuckles from the others.

"I have just spoken to Control" said Lieutenant Spencer piping up "Transport should be here in ten minutes, says they will probably land on one of the taxi bays"

"Good until then we'll have to figure out what to do with all the crew"

All the crew members from the AllStars group were mainly milling about, talking, laughing, sharing experiences and catching up on gossip. Some had found family members and were relating to them about all they had done, all they had achieved, and how much they had missed their loved ones.

"Might have to get the biggest hotel in the universe for all this lot" said Arazov.

"No doubt most of us can return to our homeworlds" said Ivanov, sounding rather wistful for once. He was looking forward to possibly returning to Ursa, seeing his relatives and the beautiful countryside.

“I will campaign til my eyeballs pop out for you to get a break. Those who cannot return home or decide not to can stay here, I’ll see if we can get somewhere for them to stay”

“I’m defiantly not going home “said Bahari “My family will just ask me why I’m not being a proper nobleman and just staying at home. All they keep saying is what a disappointment I am to them” Bahari shook his head sorrowfully.

"Ensign Spion-Bomabardier gets that all the time from his father" Scyther said "He keeps wondering why he doesn't stay at home, become what he is supposed to be, the heir to a massive fortune".

"Glad I'm just a commoner" said Terric.

“Me too” said Arazov “I’m like Ivanov, from the countryside, where there’s no hassle, and all you have to do is farming and making ends meet. It got a bit boring for some of us, so we joined the Academy”.

The crowds had dispersed a little but there were still a few diehards hanging around for glimpse of the officers. Scyther wondered what the holonews tonight would look like what with their entrance and all.

Scyther turned to look at Roadblock, which unfortunately looked like it had quite a number of bangs scrapes and dents in its armour. It was then that the Lord Admiral Xavier then decided to show himself, striding out of the portal with measured and quick strides with the baggage he was carrying. It didn’t look like he travelled with a lot. The junior Lieutenant from Security who had been assigned as his guard was keeping up, but he was showing pure professionalism in not letting his feelings show.

He was walking along with a comlink to his lips, probably asking about what he should do now that he had arrived on Coruscant safely.

Scyther excused herself from the others and approached him. The other Captains looked curious as to the stranger from the Union, Ivanov looked about ready to kick him straight back there.

“Captain Vectis, it seems our paths will be diverging from this moment. If we don’t meet again I wanted to say that it was a pleasure being on-board your ship. I am sorry for your losses during the battle, but that this the reality of war.” the Lord Admiral paused for a moment “I have talked with the representative of the Union here on Coruscant for a transport but he wanted to know what is my location and since I am new to this world could you please tell me where exactly are we and where can I wait for the speeder that he will send?”

And so it was, Lord Admiral Xavier was leaving her and her crew. A shame, because he had got on so well with her and her crew, providing tactical insights during the battle of Mygeeto. She hoped that her knowledge of the Union would come in handy sooner or later, and he was like a father to her, or even a sort of friendly uncle, even though she had only known him for a short time.

“Lord Admiral Xavier” Scyther responded proudly but with sadness in her eyes which was genuine “On behalf of myself, the crew of Roadblock and the AllStars group, we thank you for being with us and providing us with some useful tactical information and also giving us an insight to the Union. I hope the Empire and the Union someday work together to bring peace and justice to our galaxy. I hope you enjoyed your stay on board and I wish you all the best and a safe journey back to the Union when you do return”

Scyther gave him one of her brightest smiles.

“War indeed means that losses are inevitable, but we shall mourn the dead when we can and then move on. Obdurate was a sad loss, but hopefully a new ship will be on its way and it will bring our group back up to an even number. As to where you are, you are at the Emperor Palpatine Spaceport, not far away from the Ursean Embassy itself, which is the tall spire you can see in the distance. We are heading over to the taxi rank to pick up our transport, so if you can send your speeder to that point, you’ll pick it up no problem. Coruscant is a busy planet, I’m afraid there isn’t much to visit but do take your time to enjoy it”.

As Scyther was talking, Ensign Charios had finally arrived and was standing next to the group of Lieutenants, waiting patiently.

“You can come with us, as we will be heading over there in a moment. Oh and before you go, I would like you to meet the rest of my group Captains. The tall man you see there is Captain Ivanov, the shorter man next to him is Captain Arazov, both of them Urseans. The tall man with the sandy blonde hair is Captain Terric, the two shorter men near him are Captain’s Madison and Bahari.”

The other Captain’s nodded respectfully at him as they were announced, Ivanov still giving Xavier a dirty look.

Lieutenant Spencer looked over to Scyther as she finished mouthing “Transport’s arrived”.

“Speaking of transports, ours has arrived, if you would care to follow us”

Scyther gestured to her right, and the Captain’s Lieutenants and Ensign Charios walked from Terminal 17 over towards the taxi rank which was situated near Terminal 14 which at the moment was empty.

“What took you so long in getting here Ensign?” Ivanov asked as they walked along.

“I was propositioned by a Kuati lady, a merchant princess no less who had heard somehow that a Kuati was coming in” Charios looked amused.

“She mistook you for Haji” said Lieutenant Casrah, Haji just turned red.

“So why didn’t you say yes?” asked Lieutenant Morelli.

“Because she had the face of a pig” said Charios simply.

“And that’s it, blimey Charios you do need coaching on women” said Terric.

“Casanova strikes again” said Madison which had both Casrah and Terric in hysterics.

Scyther smiled and shook her head, as they approached the taxi rank, her comlink chirped.

“Vectis here”

“Doctor Rufus sir. We’ve got Commander Alpha out safely and are just transporting him to the nearest medical centre. Most of them are full up because of our major injuries and those from the terrorist attack on the Senate. We’ve managed to find a space so we can keep him there for a while. We might have to move him again.”

“No problem Rufus, stay where you are, have the guards near him at all times. Not intrusive, just there to protect him or to protect others. I’m on my way to the Ursean Embassy to speak now with Lord Vader. Any changes let us know.”

“No problem. Rufus out”

As they approached the rank, Terric smiled and gestured at the speeder bus waiting for them “Your chariot awaits milady”
    Scyther shook her head “A speeder bus. Terric you do amaze me”

“Well we can’t all fit in a taxi, so what better way to travel in style than on a bus. At least you will be sitting down”.

“Go on you lot get aboard, can’t keep Lord Vader waiting, not if we want to hold on to our jobs” Scyther turned and saluted the Lord Admiral “Hopefully your speeder shouldn’t be too long sir, just wait here and hopefully the driver will spot you. Goodbye sir, and happy landings to you.”

A couple of minutes later with everyone on board, the bus soared into the bright blue sky and headed off towards the towering spire of the Ursean Embassy.

TAG: Lord Admiral Xavier, Commander Alpha, Ursean Embassy and Lord Vader

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Sohmer, Colonel Sin, Lieutenant Raechel Yaer

?Which should be in roughly ...10 minutes, General Lehkauf,? the image said with a slight smile.

Lehkauf looked to Sohmer and then quickly replied, ?Yes, Your Majesty.?

?Excellent! Captain... General!? the young Emperor said and the image seemed to fall, line by flickering line like a fountain shut off.

Lekhauf stowed the transponder and looked to the Captain. ?Need a hand??

Sohmer opened his mouth to respond, but behind him, the Sith Maruader interjected, "Relax. I got this." he turned towards the AT-TE, gloved left hand raised towards it.

Immediately, shouts and shrieks of concern could be heard from within the mighty infantry-supporting vehicle.

The captain had an idea what was causing the commotion.

"By the Core, its moving by itself!" Merch's voice could be heard coming from the open hatch.

"Please remain seated while the captain has the sign lit." Yaer's voice too.

"I never touched nuffink." Sohmer practiced his defense. As he gazed up at the Tactical Enforcer, he belated realised that the General seemed to have assumed that "Option 4" was the vehicle, and nothing to do with the automated answering message.
    The captain brushed the factoid under a metaphical carpet, and watched as the Emperor's 'coffin' nosed out of the vehicle hatch, over the standing officers' heads, and descended to where it could slot lengthways into the side of the LAAT's passenger area.

As the lieutenant, Merch and ORIC agents scrambled down from the enforcer, a gust of wind, already funnelled by the straight enclosures of the capital-scale landing bay, snatched the Imperial flag of it, and carried it away.

Sohmer looked pointedly at Sin. "Well?"

"Well, what?"

"Get the flag, Moron-urk!" Sohmer's breath froze in his throat as the red-clad Marauder's fist snatched at his throat, fingers not quite meeting round the commander's pale neck.

There were several audible clicks as nearby jumptroopers turned and aimed guns at Sin's head.

"I don't care how fast you think you are, unhand the Captain." Merch warned, stepping back out of harm's way. "Now!"

"All one wants, is a little respect."

"All one is going to get, if he does not let go, is get shot down like an animal, and buried in a shallow grave. Lieutenant-" The Commander gestured towards the lartie. "-go with the remains, in case the General needs to leave with them before we," He spared the Sith a stern look, "get finished here."

The olive-uniformed liason-officer-cum-stewardess trotted ahead of the Krayt's Fire senior staff, where a Black Guard held her elbow to allow her to climb into the aerial gunship.

Four jumptroopers disengaged from the defence of their leader, to take up hovering positions on either side of the lartie.

Tag: Lekhauf

8. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: General Lehkauf

The Captain seemed to be on the verge of a response to Lehkauf's offer when Colonel Sin, a creature not known for the application of much grey matter when it came to action, declared he had things in hand and began to manipulate the Force, lifting and moving the AT-TE.

Lehkauf slapped his forehead in frustration as several more of Sohmer's crew scramble from the assault vehicle. The deceased Emperor's capsule floated out and to the LAAT's open cargo bay, a gust of wind taking the Imperial flag off as if the drape was an insult.

"Just…" began Lekhauf, when he became aware the Emperor's hand was now applying the Force in a less efficient manner.

Now, not only Sohmer's own jumptroopers took aim at Sin, but the safeties were off all round the terminal and the 501st clattered into position at the far end of the loading dock as one of Sohmer's officer's swiftly addressed the Sith who held the Captain's throat in a deathly grip for the slight the Captain paid him, Sin declaring he only required a little respect.

"All one is going to get, if he does not let go, is get shot down like an animal, and buried in a shallow grave. Lieutenant-" The Commander gestured towards the lartie. "-go with the remains, in case the General needs to leave with them before we," He spared the Sith a stern look, "get finished here."

Lehkauf clapped slowly. It was a simple gesture, but meant to distract and defuse. Sin was needed, just as the Captain. "Very good, Colonel Sin. But unless you're as accomplished at impersonations too, I'd refrain from exercising your need to play god and let the good Captain be. The Re's expecting to debrief you both in ten minutes. Now, I expect Sohmer'll need a throat lozenge," said Lehkauf with noted frustration and gesturing to Captain Sohmer with a small container of fruit flavored pastilles with which the Captain might avail himself.

"The Commander is required by duty, Colonel, to protect his CnC. I think you can understand that. Let loose of the Captain, by order of the Executor." warned Lehkauf. Sin's repeated blunders were tolerated far beyond those of others by Palpatine's whim and had more than caused the loss of historical artifact and important resources, they had compromised the battle. The Hsiss-chameleon was as bull-headed and wise as a sack of bricks when riled and his "engine" on idle revealed not only his increasing mental degeneration, but his physical as well. If it weren't for his personality and bravado, one could almost feel sorry for the wild experiment.

There were two spotters hidden in the trusses high above them who were charged precisely with keeping Sin in their sites, their weapons fitted with mega-doses of a sedative based on the now prodigious amount of clinical information gathered on Sin?s biology from all his many previous escapades. No one was willing to hazard his torching the LAAT or the Embassy. Across the skyline, the Palace of the People stood pinnacle short due to Sin's peculiar brand of logic.

If Sin did not stand down, Lehkauf was charged with a plan "B," part of which he had a mind to implement as a precaution and, as he replaced the small tin of lozenges in his pocket, he touched the button of his comm to record the proceedings.

"I think the Captain's swift actions over Kalee give sufficient reason to overlook whatever slight you felt, Colonel Sin. Now, I understand you took some rather hard knocks duing the campaign.- We're all a bit short of temper," he said glancing to Sohmer and Merch. How Lehkauf would like to have dispatched Sin with the pistol next his commlink!

" For the record, tell me, this creature you encountered with the Executor and the Emperor was preternaturally powerful. I know you found and protected the Emperor's remains until the Krayt?s Fire was able was able to air lift you from the ruins of Kalee, did you witness Palpatine’s demise at the hands of this force? ”

TAG: Captain Sohmer and all aboard the “Free Wheeling 56”

9. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC:

E and O in my post from Lehkauf in response to Sohmer, Sin and Merch. It is the med-capsule holding the Emperor's remains that is seen to move out of the AT-TE and not the AT-TE which Sin is causing to move.

Forgive the interruption and mistake, Sithy.

Pash

10. Master_of_les_pauls

May 28, 2010
    Ic Luke Skywalker

Location Tatooine

Well seeing as I can't find Obi Wan I better make some breakfast Luke thought to himself. Just as young Skywalker started to make his way to the kitchen, the sound of R4 came from behind him causing the Padawan to jump out of his skin!

?Damn R4, don't do that!" Luke said his face was blushed with embarrassment.

Luke had to admit to himself that , dispite looking like an idiot, he was glad to hear R4's dulcet tones, because if the Astromech droid was still at home then that meant Kenobi was too. Thus narrowing down Skywalkers search for his master.

?Okay R4, where?s master Obiwan...ahhh? Before Luke could finish his question R4's dome rotated round to lead the young boy's gaze out across the courtyard to the garage. In the garage Luke could see Obi Wam sat slumped in the pilots seat.

Luke couldn't help but let out a small chuckle to himself, Obi Wan was without a doubt a powerful Jedi and an amazing teacher but one thing he wasn't was good with tools. Well it was time to say good morning Luke thought to himself and with that he strode over to were his master was working.

As Luke got closer he could not help but notice the various tools scattered across the garage. The Padawan turned to R4 who was following close behind him and spoke very softly to the droid.

?Has he been out here all night??

The droid replied with a series of bleeps, which sounded to Luke's untrained ear like a affirmative. As Luke finally walked into the garage he couldn't help but notice the huge dark rings around his masters eyes.

?Good morning master,? The Jedi said with a warm smile ?Are you still trying to fx this bucket of bolts??

Tag Obi Wan Kenobi

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Colonel Sin, Captain Sohmer, Commander Merch

Sin just wanted a little respect!

Was that too much to ask?

He was the only one here with a high enough midichlorian couhnt to really defend this galaxy, yet these small-shoed, Force-blind ants, in their technological terrors, thought they were better than him.

The Krayt Fire?s captain had called him a moron; his second had threatened him with a shallow grave; the Marauder looked expectantly at the Ursean general to see what he was going to bring to the table.

Lehkauf clapped slowly.

Okay, that was a little unexpected.

?Very good, Colonel Sin. But unless you?re as accomplished at impersonations too, I?d refrain from exercising your need to play god and let the good Captain be. The Re's expecting to debrief you both in ten minutes. Now, I expect Sohmer?ll need a throat lozenge,? said Lehkauf with noted frustration and gesturing to Captain Sohmer with a small container of fruit flavored pastilles with which the Captain might avail himself.

For his part, the captain tried to choke an affirmative through the vice tight around his windpipe. He felt like his brain was going to explode.

?The Commander is required by duty, Colonel, to protect his CnC. I think you can understand that. Let loose of the Captain,?

The crimson-clothed buffoon could not resist wheedling the Skywalker?s man. ?And what is the magic word, General? Come on, educated being like yourself. Begins with ?P?, and rhymes with ?sleaze?.?

?-by order of the Executor.?

Sin smiled tightly. ?Not what I have written on the card,? he said as a flagging Sohmer's knees started to buckle, ?but that works just as well.?

The hand snapped open, and returned to his side, while an agonised inhalation of air from the kneeling captain, was followed by a wracking cough which quickly dripped phlemy ichor onto the dusty ferrocrete.in front him.

?I think the Captain?s swift actions over Kalee give sufficient reason to overlook whatever slight you felt, Colonel Sin. Now, I understand you took some rather hard knocks duing the campaign.- We?re all a bit short of temper,? Lekhauf said glancing to Sohmer and Merch.

?I?ll see you hang for this,? Sohmer vowed from the deck.

?I think not, my good captain.? Sin countered, reaching for Lekhauf?s tube of pastilles, ready to deploy the Force to prevent the other denying him. ?I?ll have a lozenge.? A gloved pair of digits plucked one from the proffered pack, and popped it into his mouth. He smiled triumphantly at Lekhauf.

How Lehkauf would like to have dispatched Sin with the pistol next his commlink!

?For the record, tell me, this creature you encountered with the Executor and the Emperor was preternaturally powerful. I know you found and protected the Emperor?s remains until the Krayt?s Fire was able to air lift you from the ruins of Kalee, did you witness Palpatine?s demise at the hands of this force??

?Hard to see much of anything with a volcano exploding in your face, General. It is very distracting. I sensed the creature?s Darkness though, like nothing I have ever felt before. An almost physical eddy of dark power, as you spacefarers would consider a black hole? He grinned as he swept past Lekhauf in the direction of the lartie. ?Swirly Thing Alert, indeed.?

Tag: Pashatemur

12. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ This post is a collaboration between HanSolo29 and myself. It was a pleasure working together on this post, thank you :) .

~IC~ Commissar Ahsoka Tano, Larrad (NPC)

Panic and pain and rage. A swell of violence and desperation permeated the immediate atmosphere. Honing in with her senses, Ahsoka could feel the source acutely close by. Light on her toes, she sprinted through the grime covered alleyway, nimbly zig-zagged past waste disposal units, derelict droids and a sleeping drifter that obstructed her way. Rancid and sour smells wafted up from them.

'Just ahead, just hang in there', Ahsoka told herself as she singled out two presences in a close proximity with each other; twisted cruelty mingled with an alarming fear of helplessness radiating coldly. 'I have you now.'

Turning the corner, she ran into a cacophony of crates that flew out towards her. Ahsoka?s legs tucked up as she leapt out of the way, her feet hit the edge of a crate before kicking off and bounding over three others. She landed in a crouch position beside the lying form of a young man on the ground at the centre of the heap of crates. Double taking as she recognised his face before whipping her head up to face the culprit behind the bloodlust rage that bore down upon them.

Acting on instincts, Ahsoka struck out her right leg, her boot connected with the man?s stomach with a sharp kick to drive him back before rising up to place herself between the two.

"Stand down!" Ahsoka growled, her voice reverberated off the hard surfaces. Her bottom lip curled showing off her sharp teeth.

"You don't know what trouble you've got there, girlie," Larrad sneered. "Step aside and I'll take care of it."

Ahsoka glared at him, her hands clenched, her nostrils flared sharply at being called 'girlie'. Her fist opened and relaxed as she exhaled, calming her mood. "Thank you for the generous offer but I don't think so."

Larrad's blood boiled with anger and frustration at this Togruta that stood between him and the boy. His hand whipped up his blaster with the intention to remove her from his sight.

"STOP!" Ahsoka waved her left hand and nudged the blaster's barrel sharply sideways with the aid of the Force. Two scarlet bolts rang out and missed their target, impacting on the alley wall creating two small smoldering craters.

Larrad in frustration and realigned his sights on her and fired again. Again he felt the barrel yank to the side as though pulled by an invisible grip, his shots went wide. His brow narrowed as he realised that this is no ordinary Togruta, that it must be one of those blasted Jedi or something along those likes. An encounter with one of those is the last thing he needs.

"You'll rue the day you have interfered into these affairs, Togruta!" Larrad shouted as he stepped back, firing another shot to keep her back. Glancing up, he aimed at the large sign overhanging where the boy laid. With two rapid shots, the support holding the sign in place broke free. "We'll be back and Shrike won't be so lenient!" Larrad turned and bolted back down the alley.

Ahsoka pounced to Han’s side, scooping her arms under his unconscious form and leapt out of the way. The sign impacted the ferrocrete with a loud crunch as it crumpled in upon itself, sparks sprayed out and danced along the pavement, the light flickered before blacking out. Crouched, cradling Han in her lap, Ahsoka glanced up to see that the large pungent man had disappeared from sight. Sighing, she looked down to Han and placed her hand tentatively on his brow. Her fingers probed gently, checking his head for any fractures before moving to check his pulse. The cadet seems to be healthy, just a few cuts, bruises and the bump at the back of his head from where he must have hit it. He might have a mild concussion and a pounding headache when he comes around but that can be easily fixed.

Ahsoka’s nose crinkled at the smell of burnt electronics from the damaged signage mingling with the stagnant odour the alley. She fished out her comlink and contacted Master Vos as her gaze dart about, alert for any movement in the dark street. “I have Solo.” She informed over the com, she looked down again to Han’s face. “He is fine, though out cold. The culprit is a heavyset man, most foul... he escape before I could apprehend him...”

TAG: Master Quinlan Vos, Chief Riek Supiro, Cadet Han Solo

13. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: I am currently working on posts to respond to my many tags. I will be out of pocket over the weekend and will not be able to post till the beginning of next week. Thank you everyone for your patience.

Pash

14. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC: This is a joint post between me and Corellian_Outrider, and with the help of Pashatemur! Thank you for the enjoyable experience writing it!

IC: Jori Atredies, Rowan Halcyon, Lord General Xavius
    0.6 deca-cycles before the incident at Coruscant

Jori left the bathroom feeling refreshed after taking the zydrate medicine. Her mind was working at a greater pace. She decided to provide the man a ship. There was something that bothered her. His lack of concern whether they found survivors from the crash. From what she had seen, the ship was large enough and there was hardly any way that Rowan could have flown it all by himself. Thus far there were no bodies found near the crash site, nor other survivors. The commanding officer, along with the CSS operative that was charged with the investigation had shared their concerns that this could be an elaborate ruse to get outsider agents within their territories. Her gut feeling was telling her the opposite, that she could trust Rowan. Jori only hoped that this trust was not misplaced. Either way if there were other survivors that they didn?t know about, they would reveal themselves in due time. The Union had been in a state of isolation for so long that it would be next to impossible for an outsider to blend in with the population.

The duchess went downstairs, moving swiftly through the corridors. She wanted to go to the communications room. Jori reached another set of stairs leading to the basement, that also served as a command bunker for extraordinary situations and as a communications room. There were a couple of guards flanking the big metal door. Both saluted her and the one standing on the right turned to key the access code in a small keyboard on the wall. She could hear the door unlocking then it slowly slid to let her enter. There were several officers inside seating behind consoles. As she entered they quickly jumped on their feet to salute her. The duchess just signaled them with her hands to resume their work. Jori moved towards a console and pressed the buttons to make a connection with Castle Kaladan. Lord General Xavius appeared on the screen.

"Your Highness, how can I be of assistance?"

"I need you to send one of the freighters that we use for dealing with the outsiders, one of the Corellian ones for small cargo. Remove the unnecessary modifications and send it to the villa."

"As you wish Your Highness. It will be there first thing in the morning."

Jori smiled and turned off the comm. unit, there were some perks being the leader of the Union and one of these was the unquestionable loyalty of her subjects. She just hoped she knew what she was doing as it could possibly lead to ruin. As she went upstairs again, the butler informed her that the table at the front terrace was ready and that the outsider gentleman was waiting for her.

The sun had just slipped under the horizon, it?s lasting rays turned the sky into a gradient of deep red to purple. I stood on the terrace, my arms folded behind my back as I gazed out over to the setting sun. 'It was kind of the butler to direct me here... or maybe he was sent to do it. I shrugged subtly to myself, either way I am here. What the Duchess and I had spoken about in the library had raised further questions; about the past, about the present. What else had happened since I've been away? Is this place truly what she says it is? There was a clash between what I know and what I feel mixed with what I have been told... I need to know with certainty.'

I glanced to the table that had been elaborately prepared for us. With the effort that had been put into the table setting, for a brief moment it had me wondering if she knew exactly who... and what I am. 'How many would know of my previous exploits or the connection to Solkrest?' I asked myself before I dismissed that thought as it was clear that this is not the case. 'This would be more of a display of hospitality given by a Kaladanese host.' I smirked silently to myself as I remembered it was something Lord Commander Basil Xavier was known to do. I rocked gently back on my heels as I stood tall while I awaited the Duchess’ arrival.

Jori climbed the stairs to the second floor of the villa and headed towards the terrace where her guest was already waiting. She hoped that the dinner would go undisturbed as she rarely had a calm one the last few months. At least this time there would be interesting company to keep her entertained, at least for the evening. Jori stepped outside at the terrace wearing her most endearing smiles. Just as she was about to say something, the distant blare of a powerful horn sounded. The duchess turned her gaze to the open sea and could see the approaching massive ship. It was the fighter carrier “Darius Atreides”, the massive ship was conducting a search for the survivors from the crash and was moving in the vicinity of the island to continue that search there. They signalled with the horn as a greeting to her.

“Well I guess the “Darius Atreides” will keep us company for the evening.” she said with a lighthearted tone.

I followed Jori’s gaze and saw a cluster of lights belonging to what appeared to be a ‘floating island’ that moved across the waters at a steady pace. It’s large elongated box shape was lit up brilliantly by floodlights that bathed its large main deck in a harsh light, smaller vehicles were arranged neatly on the deck. A large command tower was positioned offset from absolute centre, blinking lights emitted from points. “So much for the evening’s ambiance.” I smirked and with a sweep of my arm, gestured for her to come out more onto the terrace. “I hope Darius doesn’t mind.”

“I doubt that...” she said and just as she tried to continue her sentence the butler came behind her.

“Your Highness, the captain of ‘Darius Atreides’ is sending his regards and wishes to inform you that they will be proceeding the search for survivors in this area and apologize if he is causing disturbance.”
    Jori turned to face the man and nodded.

“Of course, send him that I don’t see any problem with him being in the vicinity.”

There was another reason for the carrier’s presence. The Union’s military was worried that there might be other outsiders at large and that this was a covert operation and as a precaution the Darius Atreides had to be near the island. In case of an emergency she was to be taken from the villa and moved to safety on-board the enormous ship. But these were just unnecessary details that need not be disclosed. Then came the sound of the four engines of a TuB-95 bomber retrofitted for patrol duty. The craft passed over the villa and the sensor arrays could be seen. It must have circled around in a search pattern. They were seeking survivors from the recent crash but the shear size of the sea made it painfully slow, thus reducing the chances of finding anyone at all.

“Thank you, for what you and your people are doing.” I bowed my head slightly to Jori to obscure the muscles had briefly tightened in my jaw. ’It doesn’t add up,’ I commented to myself. ’That ship is too large and cumbersome to perform a quick search and rescue from the ocean, not to mention a day had almost passed after the incident had happened. Something had spooked them and I hope to high heaven that it was not the ’Icarus’’ fault.' “I am grateful that you are taking the time and resources to search for any survivors from my crew. Your hospitality has been most kind.”

Jori turned towards him just as the butler went back in the villa.

“Well, we have to be civilized, don’t we?” she smiled “We don’t have to stand like that, let’s be seated, they will be serving dinner soon.”

I smiled and gestured with a nod to the table that had been elaborately set for us. I had not forgotten my upbringing and that the chivalry of a nobleman required the lady be allowed to sit first. Moving over to the table, I pulled out a chair for her, "after you."

Jori grinned and moved towards the table and sat graciously in the offered seat. “Thank you.” She followed him with her gaze while he was moving to his seat. “I hope the chef managed to come up with something tasty. The one that we have here is the student of the one who cooks for our House at Castle Kaladan. I hope he comes up with something delicious.”

“You are welcome.” I inclined my head to Jori as I sat down opposite her, “I am sure this evening will be your chef’s moment to shine with tonight’s menu…” my eyes glance over the crystalwear before meeting her gaze. “...a chance to be recognised out from under his mentor’s shadow.”

She chuckled “Indeed...” then turned her head to see the butler coming with a tray with different bottles. Then turned her attention back to Rowan “So, what do you prefer for a drink? Alcoholic or non-alcoholic?”

“Ah…” I looked up to the butler and back to Jori. “Given the amount of sea water I swallowed today, it might be best to play it safe and have non- alcoholic, please.”

She clasped her hands and her smile widened “Excellent, you see I am not fond of alcohol myself. It is not that...healthy.” Almost everyone in the court knew that Jori was a fanatic of healthy lifestyle. Well at least almost healthy...

Jori signalled the butler who approached the table. He took the jug filled with freshly pressed juice orange in color with ice cubes inside. The man poured a glass for Jori first, then moved to pour some in Rowan’s glass. Afterwards he silently moved back inside the villa until the food was ready.

I thanked the butler while he filled my glass, “You have a wonderful place here.” I said to Jori and gestured with my hand to the vista outside, complimenting her property.

“Thank you. I love this island my self.” she smiled “I try to come here as frequently as I can, but since I inherited the throne, I can find no spare time to spend here. Unless I want the Union to collapse.” she chuckled.

Taking a brief sip of the juice, the amber liquid tasted sweet as it went down. My brow arched slightly at Jori’s comment about the throne. “How did it feel for you when you were... elevated to such an esteemed position?” I had to ask her, the question itself reflected my own anxieties about the future.

Jori gave a sad smile “You can say that I have been preparing for this moment all my life...” she paused “...Not that it made it easy when it occurred. It was unfortunate that the assassination happened so soon, before my father could finish his reforms. Now I have to both enact them and come up with new policy as the situation changed.” she then chuckled bitterly “You can say that I lead the glamorous life of a politician.”

“A-Assassination?” I regarded her. “You have lost both your parents?”

“Well not in the same time...My mother was killed when I was a little girl. And my father died a few months ago during a cowardly attack by Baron Ordonnen.” she said with a flat expressionless tone. This was a topic she did not like discussing much.

“I am sorry for your loss.” I bowed my head slightly. Sensing the awkwardness of the moment, I changed the subject. “You said the House of Xavier watched over Kaladan... how did they come to that position?”

Her gratitude for changing the subject showed briefly on her face. “To answer that question I have to first explain to you the structure of the Union.” Jori exhaled silently and put her hands on the table “You see each of the planets in the Union are governed by a House Major. Each planet is divided into regions that are ruled by a House Minor. The Minors are like vassals to us Majors, or in my case Supremes. Each Major House has a House they trust with their lives. In the case of the Atreides, these are House Xavier and House Xavius. Since the formation of the Union they have taken care of our military, switching their roles between themselves. Today the Xaviers oversee the Navis Nobilite and the Xaviuses are leading the ground forces. Throughout the years there were no more loyal houses like them.” she paused “So you see when the Ordonnens kicked us out after the war. We were exiled because Darius wanted to side with the Republic and the Ordonnens wanted to go with the Sith. Of course when we remained neutral and the Republic isolated, we were the scapegoats.”

She paused for a second then continued “Basil Xavier took everything in his hands and protected Kaladan from being taken over by another House Major and kept the other Minor Houses in line. In his late years he even managed to come up with a bold plan to get Darius Atreides back here and retake the throne. It seems that loyalty is a strong trait in the family as Basil’s descendants are still stark Atreides’ supporters.”

“Yes... loyalty above all.” My voice faint and distant as I reflected upon far off thoughts. Blinking, my gaze refocused back onto her. “When Darius reclaimed the throne, he did not pursue his earlier notion of an alliance with the Republic?” I asked, my thoughts pondered if something had spooked him from his earlier cause. “Or Darius’ heir?”

She just shrugged “Well after the return it was not politically viable as when they returned the isolationist mood was the prevailing one.” Jori took a sip from her glass then put it on the table so she could continue. “We as a House, along with other houses made it possible to keep the dialogue with the Republic open. Even managed to continue trading, but the relationship was chilly at best. This was when we turned our gaze towards the Outer Rim. Now we have to find a way to restore our previous status, this time with the Empire.” she shrugged again and grinned.

I cocked my head at the mention of ‘Empire’, this was a different direction from what Darius had originally hoped for the Union. Are they hoping to cater to both the government bodies of the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire in order to gain back the position they sought? There is a lot of danger by going down this route. “By pursuing this course, you... hope to break free of the isolationist chains laid by from your forefathers and become a more open neutral entity?” My brow arched as I brought my hands together, interlocking my fingers. “I am sure you have been advised about this but... by opening your region back up... may help your commerce. However,” I looked Jori in the eye, “I have to warn you there will be a delicate and dangerous balance you will have to maintain to keep the peace... and stability between both the Republic and the Empire affiliated forces- ah... the activists in the region.”

“If by Republic you mean the Alliance for Restoration of the Republic they are just an insurrection organization. And if I choose to throw my lot with them, we would be branded an enemy of the Empire and start an unnecessary war.” her distaste showed on her face “Besides the Empire is the descendant of the very same Republic we had signed our treaties with.”

Tilting my head, I frowned at her. “I don’t... don’t quite follow. This Alliance for Restoration of the Republic... Is it that the Galactic Republic has been forced out of Coruscant, yet again by the Sith Empire? That…” I paused as I glanced down at my plate. ‘The Empire is the descendant of the Republic,’ I repeated those words in my mind… ‘insurrection groups...then what of the other major power in the galaxy?’ Looking back up to the Duchess. “How many major government bodies, that you know of, are vying for control of the Galactic Capital?”

Jori tried to hide her incredulity from her face as she remembered the man’s peculiar condition. “Well as far as I remember no one forced the Republic from Coruscant. Just Chancellor Palpatine reformed it into an Empire. Well excluding the Rebels from the list of major powers, at least for now, there are only two; the Galactic Empire and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The latter though will soon fall, I am led to believe this is a matter of weeks or months.”

“Why am I not surprised…” I muttered under my breath about the Republic’s reformation into an Empire. “I was starting to believe they were becoming a bit…” my voice trailed off. “There is always two... This Confederacy... how did they come about? What is the Jedi’s stance about all this?”

She arched her right eyebrow a bit “Some say that all started with the blockade of Naboo by the Trade Federation around eighteen years ago. I am not that familiar with the reasons of the blockade. I even barely remember my father discussing it back then. It had to do with trade tariffs.” Jori paused for a moment and tried to remember everything she could. This was an interesting mental exercise, to trace the roots of a major conflict. “So ten years after the blockade was lifted, a charismatic Jedi called Count Dooku gathered the heads of major corporations, and as I mentioned before we were invited as well, and started this rebellion against the corrupt senate. This was what my Jedi friends told me...” her voice trailed for a second “And regarding the Jedi Order, one of the most esteemed Knights got captured on Geonosis, caught spying on a meeting of the Separatist Council. Then as my friend Dennii Sunwalker said a large part of the Order went there to rescue that Knight, his apprentice and a Republic Senator, who happened to have been the Queen of Naboo during the Trade Federation blockade...” she took a sip from her glass again “So to make a long story short, the Jedi were dragged into this war. Some even say they are the cause of it, seeing Dooku as a former Jedi and the others serving as Generals in the Grand Army of the Republic.”

I leaned back slowly into my chair, my hand cupped my chin as I processed Jori’s explanation of events. While the names and locations were not familiar to me, except for one, the main thread of events had connections to what I had seen before. Strangely, there was no mention of the Empire that I knew of, the one that I had fought several campaigns against. What had ever become of them? What ever happened to their fleets and resources? Was it to do with the threat I had recently faced? So many questions and yet it appears that the whole galaxy had twisted into a double helix. Regarding
    the Duchess, I realised that I might have railroaded the conversation to politics, a topic, from experience, that is not quite appropriate dinner conversation. “Thank you... I apologise for dragging politics of a galactic scale into all this.” I gave her a smile. “It’s.... well…” I shrugged as I tried to find the right words. “Something…”

Jori chuckled “Don’t worry, you should know that here politics is everything no matter the scale.” she then leaned back in her chair.

“Yeah, well, politics has a funny way of popping up when you least expect it. I did not intend to go down that route.” I shook my head. I couldn’t help but feel there was a disconnect between the events she had just related to me and the ones that I had experience. I had been outside the loop regarding galactic affairs for a couple of months before Feye arrived and she would definitely have told me such things.

Jori tilted her head slightly to the left, still smiling. Without being a psyker she could tell that the man felt uncomfortable with this topic so Jori decided to return the favour and change it. “By the way, I arranged for a ship to be delivered here in the morning. It is of Corellian design, we use such vessels when we have to carry smaller cargo towards outsider worlds.” she paused for a moment “I must ask though, is there something you are not telling me? Are there any other survivors. I must know because if there are, and they are in hiding and someone of my people finds them...let’s just say it can cause some misunderstandings.”

“I appreciate that,” I nodded and smiled, “there is a reason why Corellians are the leading shipwrights in the galaxy.” I caught a look in her eyes as I took a sip of the juice before placing the drink down. “As far as I can remember, my ship was en route to Corellia. We stumbled upon an unknown force at the waypoint and they attacked us unprovoked. We took a beating, I gave the order to abandon ship and I stayed behind as a decoy to buy the others time to escape. I made sure everyone got away before attempting to leave myself. I am still trying to work things out, all I can surmise is that I was suppose to die.” I frowned as an unsettling concept entered my mind. “Unless I have already and that this is a place in between the material and the metaphysical realms? If that is the case, you are not suppose to be here and this place... however things are different from the last.” I sighed and regarded her as I replied sadly. “Duchess, I have a responsibility to my people too. From one leader to another, if there were any survivors from my ship, would I not make sure they are safe and tended to? There is no one else, to my knowledge, on this island that originated from my ship. That is a sign that my sacrifice had not been in vain.”

She regarded him in silence, her smile still on her lips but her eyes grew cold and calculating for a second. Jori hoped that the man did not perceive that, she could not exactly say that she trusted entirely what he said. For the moment the duchess decided to accept this version, but with some reservations. “Alright then, I am sorry that I asked so bluntly. I wanted to be sure, as anything can happen and since we haven’t met before... misunderstandings are bound to occur. I wish to avoid such inevitability. I would find it personally distasteful and most unfortunate should our friendly discourse be marred by the discord that would certainly develop should such an event occur.” There was a predatory edge in her smile just as she was about to say something else the butler appeared at the door pushing a cart with the salad plates on. They consisted of mixture of vegetables and some fruits, they gave it an exotic flavour that Jori loved. “Well I guess we can leave the serious discussions for later...”

The dinner went fine, better than she expected, but something bothered her. As if she did not want for her guest to leave, at least he was making life more interesting. Or was there something else? Jori decided not to delve further in this matter as it could easily distract her from her duties as the leader of the Union. There was no time for weakness and she knew that. Besides they met only a couple of days before so there was no time actually to get to know each other that well. Besides Jori was in no position to reveal herself to anyone, even to her best friend Dennii, as this could cause some complications.

Jori needed someone to love and to be loved in return. Being at the top of such a society like the Union was lonely, extremely lonely. All her life she was preparing for this moment and now more than ever the duchess felt completely unprepared for these duties. ‘I guess no one actually is.’ she murmured to herself when she turned in her bed unable to sleep. Jori was too excited, there were far too many conflicting thoughts in her head...her sense of duty fought with her need for affection, a real one, not the fake affection which her subjects displayed towards her. She turned once again, this time on her back. Her half-clothed body brushing the soft fabrics of the sheets underneath her gave her a pleasant sensation.

It was always warm at the villa and Jori pulled at the fine and light cream colored lingerie that clung to her skin with the humid breezes that swept in off the warm sea surrounding the small lush island retreat. She eschewed pyjamas and sleeping gowns for all the fabric that would make her hot and uncomfortable, particularly now after dinner and in the hot and humid tropics. Tonight though, it seemed even this scant light fabric irritated her. She chuckled in frustration at herself, blowing a silken strand of her flaxen hair from in front of her face as she turned again to find a more comfortable position in which to sleep, but it was no use.

The balcony door was open letting the soft breeze in. ‘I guess there will be no sleeping tonight.’ she thought so she sat on the side of the large bed, her bare feet touching the soft red carpet. Jori made an attempt to find her sandal slippers that were lying somewhere near the bed. She stretched her right leg and probed the carpet with the big toe, finally finding one of the slippers. Jori caught the strap between the big toe and the next one she dragged it to her. It happened to be the left one. This whole exercise made her giggle as it was a bit childish, but there was no rule that said something against it. After she found and wore the right one Jori stood up and searched for her silk gown and found it at the back of the chair in front of the vanity.

Jori avoided looking at her portrait hanging on the wall facing the bed. It felt distasteful to watch herself there, reminding of her role in the Union. She took the gown and put it in but did not tie the belt at the front so it simply hung on her. The fabric was so tender she barely felt it. The duchess then turned towards the balcony and with slow steps went outside. The air was warm, but the gentle breeze made it bearable. The palm trees were unmoving and she could hear the gentle splash of the waves. All in all it was a very calm night. She put her hands on the marble railing and leaned a bit forwards supporting herself with the arms. The gown was silently fluttering from the air movement. Jori left her head hang for a moment, her straight blond hair cascaded downwards covering her face.

Then she just looked up at the starry night sky. It was beautiful as ever, it was a shame that she could not observe it from Castle Kaladan. The lights from Kala city made that impossible. Jori contemplated the idea to move her residence to the villa. A thin smile appeared on her lips, she knew that it was impossible and crazy to even try. The uproar will be so great that it would surely cost her the leadership. Not that was necessary a bad thing, but knowing the heads of the other houses there would not be a bright future for the Union. She had a historical role to play and there was no room for mistakes. Maybe it was a good thing that her guest was leaving, he proved to be too much a distraction and this was a luxury she could not afford at the moment. There will be enough time when the events are put in motion and they would not need her hundred percent attention so she will have to bear it somehow. And there was the problem with the lineage, she needed a heir and this could prove problematic. There was no suitable man for the “job”, not in the Union. Maybe her father was right to look outside for a suitable match, though this could be equally disastrous. Jori turned a bit to see something in the room. There it was, the shining lacquered wooden body of her favourite violin. A thought formed in her head, surely a night concert wouldn’t hurt that much and seeing that Rowan was also awake and standing on the balcony at the opposite end she would not fear bothering his sleep.

There was something nagging her from the inside. Since Rowan’s arrival she had been acting strangely. She felt unlike herself. Despite being pleasurable it bothered her. Maybe it was for the best that Rowan will leave, at least there will be one less distraction to worry about. The thing that bothered her was that she was unable to explain what she was feeling, a strange attraction, maybe nothing more? Or was it the beginning of something deeper? Maybe the fact that Rowan was not from the Union and did not act like one of the members of the Houses. At least he seemed more interested in her as a person and not as a possible path towards ascension. Maybe she needed someone like him, a sudden pang in her heart made her wince for a second, remembering Dennii. Her friend could act as a substitute until the situation in the Union calmed down. Then she will have enough time to forget Rowan and find herself a suitable marital partner. All it will work out in the end...hopefully.

She moved inside the room and took her violin. Jori gently took it in her arms, she loved that instrument. It spoke volumes without uttering a single word. With it she could truly reveal her inner self, not the pretentious image she was forced to wear as the ruler of the Union. The duchess avoided playing it in front of an audience of sycophants that cannot appreciate the true beauty of the sounds and emotions she is trying to convey. They only saw her performance as just another mean to flatter her, as if this would help them elevate in the social ladder. That is why she only performed for a select few who could actually appreciate it, not only try to tell her whatever they believed she wanted to hear. A childish hope formed in her mind, she hoped that Rowan is a person who likes art. What if he does not? What then?

These were questions better left for later, after her performance. The smooth wooden body of the instrument soothed her. It did not matter anymore, all her worries washed away, only anticipation remained. Before going out of the room she tied the gown, after all she did not want to give food for the imagination of the guards. Holding the instrument in one hand and the bow in the other she swiftly exited the bedroom. Her steps were silent, cushioned by the thick carpet. She went downstairs, the villa was dimly lit, she could hear the guards patrolling inside. The duchess entered the common room that overlooked the back of the villa, just underneath her own room. The guard that was just outside the glass door opened it for her. They were used to her making night walks around the island. She knew that there will be a large number of them shadowing all her movements in case something happened. Jori didn’t care much about that, passing by the guard she just nodded to him when he saluted her. She moved outside walking toward the pavilion built for small orchestras entertaining the guests of the villa. This night though there will be only one person playing. Jori slowly went to the stage, trying to decide which piece to play.

Finally when she reached the stage an idea formed in her mind. Jori remembered a tune she loved, a deeply sad and melancholic one. She disliked the happy tunes, they could not describe her inner world of loneliness and the darkness inside her.

Her fingers felt the four strings where she clasped the violin lightly round the ebony neck just under the scroll. She looked down to her hand as it turned the instrument round, the bottom to point upward and she brought it to her chin and tucked it comfortably and firmly, her bow raised too and drawing smoothly over a the strings to resonate in her chest, the bridge of her nose and she drank the sound in. This was perfection! The feel, the sound, the weight and width of it!

Again she bowed and made the smooth transition, leaning into the strings as she spoke her soul through the music. Through the plaintive sonorities, the strident bell that sang half shadowed in the warmth of harmony, Jori could cry out, rail and weep when she could not do so otherwise. She played on, her body, an extension of the instrument, the sound amplified and warmed by her own blood, the waves traveling through her.... The strings left their imprint in her fingers and each vibrato, each pitch rose from that imprint to the air, Jori driving at the melody, sending forth a truth that must not take the form of words.

TAG:To be continued

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Got a problem. During the year that we were out, I have forgotten what SPARTA or SPARTAN was supposed to mean. Can anyone help?

IC: Agent Mike Tozzi, Acen Hunter, ISB Medical lartie

The transition from low orbit, into the upper tranches of the atmosphere was a beautiful sight that never got boring, but the SPARTA operative within the Medical LAAT/i did not acknowledge the scene; he was thinking about his day ahead: he had a meeting with a pair of "professionals" in the operation to avenge the Reina.

Just had to ditch this Imperial agent first, the thought making him focus on Acen sitting opposite, only to find the ISB man's hand waving inches in front of his face, while talking to him.

"Coruscant to Mike, you okay buddy?"

Tozzi blinked. "It's okay, I'm awake. So, Acen, can you drop me at the Emperor Palpatine Spaceport?"

"Sure. Anywhere in particular? The place berths star destroyers; if we put you down in the wrong place, you'll have quite the walk."

Looking out the window, Mike could see the low flat roofs of port structures, and the dorsal hulls of docked spaceships, and he was looking out for the dolphin-finned back of the royal Ursean "yacht", which would be a massive cruiser in Imperial terms.
    "Can you get me close to the Mavras Maelstrom?"

"Pilot, did you get that?!" Acen called the flier, up forward in the craft's cockpit, and when he felt himself sliding sideways on the aft-facing seat as the lartie banked sharply, "Take that as a yes then."

The structures below rose towards the passengers rapidly as the lartie lost altitude.

"Agents, we are heading for Terminal Three landing area, ETA, five minutes."

"Copy that." Acen Hunter acknowledged. "Afterwards, take me back to headquarters."

"As ordered."

Tag: no-one

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ This is a joint post between Pashatemur, TheAdmiral and myself. Thank you, it has been an absolute pleasure!

~IC~ Rowan Halcyon, Kaylee, Se?Iva, Jori Atreides, Kal & Ariek, the crew of the ?Darius Atreides?
    0.6 deca-cycles before the incident at Coruscant

The faint sounds of the ocean projected louder during the subtle and quiet night than the heat of the day, carried up to the villa on soft breezes. The intensity of the stars twinkled brighter in the clean tropical air that decorated the rich blue-black velvet night sky. The crescent moon hung overhead, it?s light cast down upon the land. Shimmering flecks of white traverse the ocean reflecting the moon?s illumination as the waves rolled towards shore.

I folded my arms in front of my chest as I leaned against the balcony?s guardrail, the smooth marble still had the sun?s warmth trapped within it. Gazing out over the land, watching the silhouettes of the foliage sway in the light breeze, my hair blowing out in the direction of the wind, I listened to the rustle of the leaves, the crashing of the waves and the chirping of insects seeking a partner. This serenity is deceiving... this calm is all an illusion.

Looking up at the heavens, clearing my mind, my eyes traced imaginary lines to connect the sparkling dots in the heavens, creating my own constellations. People, animals and stories. The brave knight setting out to seek fair maiden’s hand... his noble steed.... the fire breathing drakõn... and the evil sorcerer. The threat to the people vanquished, the knight a hero of the lands... ballads sung, stories told... ending with the hero leaving the realm taking no reward except a kiss farewell from the maiden. These are only stories... stories of hope... honour, courage and nobility. Stories from a simpler time...

My gaze lowered.

All the things that needed to be done kept piling on top of each other in my mind. The attack on the Queen’s escort that landed us here just added another level of complexity to an already entangled predicament. With the war, Corellia... my people...’my people’ - the phrase holding a double meaning - things were certainly not as simple as the calm of this moment would have one think. Ha! They never usually are. If only I had retired... settled down... worked on a small farm just outside Coronet, but in my heart I knew that I could never do that. It would seem that it was not in my nature to settle into some idyllic lifestyle living the simple life... not that I prefered this always running... running. I bowed my head and sighed. “What is in my nature?” Yet, my inward course was unsettled. I was distracted.

My ears pricked up at the sound of a bow drawn over the strings of an instrument. Double blinking, I tilted my chin up, searching for whence the music came. Spying out through the tropical gardens of the villa grounds a pavilion, a lone figure at its centre was the origin. Leaning forward, I recognised it to be Jori playing. Her concerted skills on the strings sounded flawless, her playing intense and she seemed to speak longingly, beseechingly through each phrase. Could music be where her passion lies? A way to express and emote? As I listened further, the sombre tune resonating with my earlier thoughts and could not help but recognize the soul at the center of this music, a questing one, like myself. Yet, the Duchess’ yearning contained a wildness and yes, a darkness to which I could not lay the same claim.

Noting her attire, I realised that she must believe she played in solitude and uncomfortable as if I intruded, I bowed my head, turned from the guardrail and headed back inside the room respecting the lady’s privacy. Moving to the bed, I sat down on the end and closed my eyes to concentrate. There was that prickling sensation on the back of my neck, the small hairs standing on end, that all too familiar feeling in my gut letting me know that I have lingered too long. It must be time to move on and while the lady was compelling, the answers I sought would never be forthcoming, or at least not straightforwardly.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and sighed. At the edge of my consciousness, I felt the faint touch of another growing stronger and seeking the touch of my own through the Force. My lips curled to a smile as I identified the source, lowering the barrier I’ve always kept, I reached out to connect. Mutual tendrils of warmth and understanding, woven and intertwining together in harmony, expelling the emotions of sorrow and solitariness. My eyes flicker beneath my lids as I picked up upon an underlying sense of despair... no... an urgency. Following along that thread, the presence became stronger... nearer... moving.

//We must leave this place, NOW! Our presence is known to my people and if we linger, we impose a grave danger upon this world. ‘They’ have come to destroy us. Rowan....//

//What? How is that possible?// It came as a shock. Our own jump drives were different from conventional ones and to my knowledge would make it difficult for any pursuer to follow... unless they too possessed similar means.

A low chirp pierced my concentration, emitting from the comlink snug in my pocket. My eyes opened as I snatched it out, my body on full alert.

[“Rise and shine lil brother!”] Kal’s voice came out scratchy through the com. I knew him to be in relative proximity to my location. What could impose such strong interference. Surely, the Duchess’ resources had too little to go on to have already jammed our transmission. [“Pack your things, we’re picking you up.”]

“How far away are you?” I asked, rising quickly from the edge of the bed and collecting my belongings . “What is your approach?”

[“We had to circle around to the eastern side of the island cause of the reef.”] Kal’s voice crackled a bit. [“We’re several minutes out, shouldn’t be too long.”]

“Signal me when you are close by. ”

There was the familiar acknowledgement over the com before it went silent. There was no time to dawdle as I gathered my mended clothes under my arm and left the room. So, it appeared that the strange Force with which we met earlier wanted to finish the job. Having experienced first hand of just what the Cha’ala were capable, I did not want to stick around long when they showed up. The rest of the villa was quiet as I stepped out into the hall clothed in the Force and made my way down to the foyer.

The night breeze picked up slightly with one strong gust, blowing the sands on the night time beach and sounding a light sheen as if a low snare were being softly brushed, a light peddle point in answer to the haunting melody the flaxen haired Duchess had just played. The tide, creeping away, left a ‘mirror’ upon the sandbars to reflect the thin line of brilliant orange - a scant burning remnant of sunlight that swept in under a low set of purple clouds lingering low in the distance. Overhead, the sky was clear and studded with brilliant stars and a silver sliver of moon cast blue shadows through the pavilion and out in the water, upon the smooth, sleek decking of the Darius Atreides as it plied gracefully through the dark waves in search of the outsider’s wrecked ship, its sharply cut bow cleaving each deep swell like a knife through butter.

The gust that swept a few skittering leaves across the hard stone floor of the stage played at the hem of Jori’s silk robe. It was a cool damp breath out of the sea, unusual for this time of year; the kind of breeze that chilled. Jori shuddered from the sudden change in temperature. Even here in the tropics, the season was about to change. It was that part of the year when in both Kala City and at the villa, the weather turned rather cold. Not that at this part of the planet it became bitter cold like in the capitol or around the Baltia region, but still it was unpleasant. As she finished playing the piece of music Jori wiped the tears that were trickling down her cheeks. This tune always made her too emotional, which is why she did not allow herself often to indulge in it. Jori took a look at her long and elegant index finger. There was a small drop of moisture on the top and bringing it to her mouth, she sucked the tear just as her mother used to do when she was a little girl. ‘Not a single drop of water should be wasted.’ This was the Corrino/Vernius philosophy; resources must not be misused or wasted. She remembered the smile her mother would give her too and knew that her mother did that to cheer her up and though warmed momentarily by the memory, the thought of her long deceased parent decreased the efficiency.

Jori turned towards the sea again, the beautiful vista ruined by the presence of the huge fighter carrier, and frowned. Its presence was a bit of an overreaction to a situation that did not require so many military assets on the spot. She knew that somewhere out there lurked Kosatka-class attack subs carrying their deadly payload of Holtzman missiles. All in all a big waste of resources, but she could not blame the military trying to find some way to please her since their failure to protect her father. Yet, just as she thought it all a waste of resources, her attention was pique by the approach or development of an unnatural dark cloud near the massive carrier. It seemed that guards inside the villa command center also had picked up on the development and ran outside to fetch her to safety. Jori refused to go, she needed to see what was going to happen.

Lieutenant Dmitriev could not sleep so he decided to go and check the new fighters that had recently arrived. The brand new SuF-37s were shipped only the day before. They were marvelous machines and he could not wait to try them out. All in all serving on the Darius was a dream job in the military. The big ship was always stationed in the warmer parts of the planet where most resorts were located. So in the free time, they could go to port and meet up with the pretty girls. The aura of a fighter pilot was irresistible and he was a handsome man - a perfect poster boy for the Navis Nobilite. He ran his fingers on the sleek black surface of the SuF. It was then when he noted that something was happening. Something that was not right. It was his last conscious thought as the gust swirled around him, darkness following.

“Comrade captain, shouldn’t you be resting?” came the voice of the navigator of the TuB-95 bomber.

“I don’t know how you can sleep in that heat! Besides we will be up in the air soon. Those survivors won’t find themselves, you know.”

The navigator chuckled “Yeah, but it won’t do us any good if you fall asleep in mid-flight. After that they will need to send a search party for us.”

The captain was about to say something witty when the instruments started pinging. It was odd as the mechanical crew were still calibrating them. Maybe it was a mistake of sorts. After all, sensors showed something big coming towards the carrier. It surely was a mistake, besides if it wasn’t, the ship would have started moving by now, as the Darius had some very powerful sensors. The crew of the TuB-95 SC-9458 did not have much time to realize the grave mistake they made...

On deck of the Darius Atreides, two midshipmen stopped to brace themselves as the swells suddenly rose and fell with greater magnitude. The deck had become slick and now it was misting. A swirling gust building over the water drove the mist to stinging darts of water and out over the water all around, there was a growing haze.

“I don’t understand it. How is it possible for such a large vessel to just ...disappear?” The young officer leaned in closer to study the readings the various spectrometers were giving of what should have been the crash site and debris field of the alien craft. The telltale imprint and resultant ridges of a destroyer sized vessel were evident in the seabed, but of armature and general flotsam, there was very little to be found - large pieces of armature or random detritus.

Another young officer entered the bridge “Hey, you still searching for debris? You should take a break, you’re becoming obsessed. Maybe you’ll see something once you’re rested.” Seeing the concern on the other officer’s face, she became serious “What is it?”

Before he could answer, the deck heaved and it was noted that the barometric pressure dropped suddenly. All around, the seeming enigmatic and random “ping” of sensors began to fill the ’Darius’ operations center.

They were here! Se'Iva looked up from the console where, head buried in her supporting hands, she had been quickly learning the symbols that scrolled cross the screen. Kaylee instructed beside her when she could, but the ship's predicament was taking Kaylee's attention at the moment. The Cha'ala looked about the room and could feel the tension build among the crew. They had begun to note critical changes in the surrounding environment. Again she reached and felt for Rowan in the Force. He was not far and it was unnerving to be so close and yet unable to resolve the matter of escaping the scouting Cha destroyer that had come in search of them. Stretching her wings with a tremble and flit, the platinum haired Dominant stood and worriedly panned the room. //Rowan?//, she queried reaching out into the Force, again.

//Se'Iva...//

I heard her voice in my mind with brilliant clarity. The squoosh of wet soil liquefied to mud accompanied my booted footfalls as I ran through the dark foliage. The wet leaves and branches whipped against me as I crashed through. Driven by instincts, I ducked and dodged the natural obstacles while I clutched a bundle under my arm and the hard object in my pocket kept smacking against my right leg with each step.

How would he reach them?! //I am coming to meet you. Help you back to Icarus.// she said resolutely, as she exited the navigation room and headed for the hangar bay in which she had earlier arrived, her hospital gown shifting stiffly in its starched state with her swift gait.

"Have you a ...a...vehicle to ride the water?" commanded Se'Iva quickly and firmly, her voice amplified as she used resonators under utilized of late, her presence imposing as she spoke with the authority of a Dominant. The mechanic looked befuddled and was at a loss for words, referring the tall, slender and winged female alien to an approaching officer in the hangar.

The officer smiled to disarm the situation and nodded to Se’Iva in recognition. "Lt. Shael, my Lady. I... I can call bridge and request passage for you, but as of now, I'm sorry, I cannot provide you any vehicle..."

Se'Iva did not wait. Time was dangerously of the essence. She was strong enough to carry Rowan part of the way if she must do so, and it did appear she would. Se walked towards the shield opening beyond which the Kaladan sea was beginning to seethe.

The mechanic’s eyes widened in alarm and the officer called after Se’Iva in a warning which she did not heed. "My Lady...the shields...stop....STOP!"

The click of many blaster safeties sounded. "STUN!" the Lieutenant shouted quickly, hoping to avoid the woman's injury.

Se'Iva burst forward with sudden and phenomenal speed, her right hand before her pushing out and sculpting a shield about herself, her lithe frame pushing through the Icarus' own shields.

Following my internal compass to where I had felt Se’Iva’s location, I let that be my guide through the darkened landscape, my hair wet, plastered to my face, blown across by the wet and wind. The coldness of the rain stole the warmth away from me, my exposed skin felt too numb to feel the cuts from the underbrush. Strange, when earlier, it had been sweltering hot.
    //I am making my way to you//

Her wings furled inward tightly against her back, the Cha'ala's body darted through the water sleekly and once safely beyond the ship’s shielding, her wings unfurled fluidly like milk in water and then beat against her sides like long flexible fins, the iridescent cobalt ‘eyes’ staring aggressively from each wing as she passed . Out and over the waves she shot, not far enough to take flight, but soon swimming through the waves to the now exposed reefs which nearly encircled the island.

Rowan's presence was strong, his mind touch giving added fuel to her moral reserve.

Behind, on the Icarus, the officer on deck looked out through the wavering watery and quickly receding image of the Cha’ala in awe before lifting his com to his lips to relay what had just happened. "Get me the bridge.....Bridge, this is Lt. Shael. The ...Cha'ala female, the Lady Iva has just...jumped ship."

The noise of shaking of branches and thousands of rustling leaves filled the air from the intensity of the wind. Large trees cracked and swayed wildly, now leaning in the direction the gale that pressed them. My boot caught in a gnarly root and I came down hard on my knee. Panting to regain my breath, I looked up as I gathered my spilt belongings back under my arm. I could feel Se'Iva's determination and presence nearer, smiling to myself, I held onto that and blocked out everything else. Studying the root that tripped me up, there was a large cluster of them arranged in a circular pattern, frowning, my gaze continued up the tree and then ahead of me. Mangroves... I am close to the shore.

Shouldn’t this place be flooded? Normally there would be water about the roots of these trees. Looking about, I realise that I had found myself in a wide ditch, the ground sloped on either side, bracketing the trees. Feeling almost claustrophobic as I pried my way through tangled vines and roots of the mangroves, my boot splash into mud and silt. It seemed each one’s purpose was to trap me.... Something wasn't right about this, but I couldn't let that enter my mind now.

Kal pressed his hands on the side of the console and sighed, sensing movement, he glanced up briefly to see Kaylee quickly stride onto the bridge. Their eyes met, he could tell something was troubling her before he disengaged and looked back down to the monitor. “There is nothing we can do, Shael. Let her go.”

“Kal, I cannot find Se’Iva.” Concern showed on Kaylee’s face as she saw what was happening outside the viewport. She tried to compose herself but fatigue was catching up with her. “She was with me in the navigation-”

“I have been informed that she has... ‘jumped’ ship.” Kal told her about the report from Lt. Shael about an incident that had happened down at the hanger.

“Jumped...! We were just...” Kaylee pursed her lips as she stepped closer to the viewport. Crossing her arms in front her chest, she looked back over her shoulder to Kal. “Do we know...” She stopped herself from asking, she felt some inkling behind the reason why Se’Iva would do such a thing.

“I can offer you a few theories, one is that I don’t think she trusts my flying.” Kal added levity to the mood on deck. He didn’t want to say so, but whatever it was that was stirring up that unnatural activity outside might be why Se’Iva had acted the way she did. She had courage going out in that, and if she was doing what he thought she was, he hoped Rowan would be there when she got there.

“What you are doing isn’t flying,” Kaylee allowed herself to chuckle and then shook her head, gazing worriedly to the view outside.

Kal just smiled as he left the console and stood beside her by the viewport. Staring out, he thought he could pick out with his eyes or imagined he could see the Dominant. “Force be with you.” He whispered respectfully.

The reef was sharp and the rough water threw her against it's razor like edges twice before she could get up the energy to push herself away and find some footing from which to get aloft with the strong deep beat of her powerful wings heavy with the sea water that sprayed out as she leaped into the air, with a grunt, her abdomen like a rock.

Over the coral and the gleaming rippled sand that had long been hidden beneath the waters that now were absent flew the Cha’ala. She scanned the dark shoreline which was obscured further by the sheeting rain. She, however, illuminated the dark as she passed, her silver reflection shining over the wet sand like a faint sliver of moon and she looked up above her to quickly and anxiously search the stormy skies for any who might spot her.

Clambering out of the labyrinth of mangroves to the crest of the slope, I pressed on through a tangled mess of shrubbery and found myself at a sandy clearing, immediately I brought my arm up across my face to shield it from the elements. I could feel her ever closer. With the weather acting up, there was a chance Se'Iva wouldn't be able to spot me and we would have to rely on the still young bond that had formed between us. Closing my eyes, I reached for the tool in my pocket that I had reclaimed earlier, the cylindrical shaft fitted my hand as though it belonged as I pulled it out. Raising it above my head, I hit the activation switch.

The familiar snap-hiss of the saber igniting could be heard in the mounting roar of the winds along with the constant fizzing sound of rain striking the silver blade. Squinting my eyes, I saw that the sands stretched out far ahead of me, the waves beyond in turmoil and far to my right down the shore, a strange slip of a glow could be seen. Bowing my head, my arm felt heavy holding the blade up. Yet, even as I began to think of the Duchess and my leaving without word, I felt a wave of relief as Se'Iva's presence drew very close.

The winds were increasing and starting to exert a greater amount of drag on her flight, but still not enough to impede her. Se searched now, peering into the dark landscape through the stinging rain straining to see Rowan and just as doubt began to seep into her thoughts, she spied a curious shock of silver, a slender beacon of light against the dark at the edge of a small inlet, not quite a bay. The light was brilliant and shone on the sands below. For a moment she hesitated. What if it were not Rowan? But the saber was familiar to her and she felt him before her. It had to be him. She flew low, hearing the sound of engines in the skies.

Jori was surrounded by guards, their weapons in hand. The young officer leading them was nervous as the duchess refused to get to the villa to wait for a shuttle to pick her up. Instead she insisted being present as the events were unfolding. If something happened to her, all the fault will lie on his shoulders, provided he survived whatever this strange occurence was.

Upon seeing the incoming mist, Jori remembered that she was carrying her violin and ordered one of the men standing nearby to bring it back to the villa. Even as he took it, the cold increased and the mist turned to hard stinging rain. Barely concealing how infuriated she was by the current situation, she turned to the officer. “Get me Central Command and the CSS Chief resident here on Kaladan on the line. NOW!”

The man paled, but managed to keep a professional face. Saluting, he ran towards the villa to carry out the duchess’ orders. Jori could not understand what was going on. Were they being attacked and if yes, by whom? Did the Empire have such weaponry and why use it on a simple carrier? Was it to scare her, intimidate her? That seemed absurd... Or was it Rowan’s fault?!

She did not want it to be. Her heart sank and just as quickly, her blood boiled in righteous anger at the thought of such a betrayal of her kindness in tending the stranded man.

She peered out through the rain, but now the carrier was obscured in a moving darkness!

How could she let her heart get the better of her!? Perhaps, he was an agent and there were others who had infiltrated the Union. She hoped that this possibility was impossible, that she was wrong. Either way, she was about to find out and then...Then start devising plans for retaliation. Indeed someone had to pay the price for humiliating the greatest of all houses of the Union! And then, if there was an infiltration, would her hesitation and compassion towards Rowan be seen as weakness or still worse, complicity?

The winds had now picked up a gale force.

One of the guards gasped in alarm. Jori looked with the rest of them to see what they could of the Darius Atreides. It seemed to be coming about.

The people of this place were on alert and searching too, Se’Iva thought, but her relief at finding Rowan compelled her as she touched down about 10 yards from her friend, the rain striking them both at an acute angle.

"Rowan!" she called. "Hurry!" Se'Iva held out her left hand beseechingly as she stopped short to turn back the way she'd come. There was no time for a reunion. The warm and sultry night had now turned icy cold.

Extinguishing the blade as I saw her, there was no time to speak. Running to meet her, I skidded as I caught her hand in mine catching sight of marks and gashes, something had cut at her. //Are you hurt?!//

//It hurts only when I breathe.// she said with a restrained wince in a hasty attempt at humor she had not yet mastered.

They continued running, Se casting her pale faint glow as they sped across the slippery surface of the vast sand bar. She stopped up short and gazed out to where the surf was still breaking, out on the other side of the reef. "Put your arms about my neck, Rowan. Past this point, there is a... barrier of sharp creatures, like rocks. They are what cut me," said Se'Iva over the wind and rain, shivering, the engines she heard earlier, still in the sky above.

"Coral..." I realised what she had meant as I looked out to where her gaze was focused. Wiping my face with my sleeve to brush the hair from my eyes, the water collecting in my beard poured out as more took it's place.

"Here, put this on." I unfurled the bundle I had carried with me. An emerald green tunic and trousers took shape, turning dark in colour from the downpour. "This will protect you better and keep you warm."

It took half a minute to help her into the trousers and fitting the tunic back to front to allow her wings the freedom to move. All the while I was thinking about the injuries she had sustained. If she had trouble coming here, the weight of me wouldn't help in the return flight. The rain was sapping the warmth out of the air, which I could only assume would make it harder.

We couldn't afford time to hesitate, I placed my arms carefully around her slender neck. Part of me felt concern that by doing so I would cause her harm; Se’Iva, though tall and toned, was slender and quite lithe. My frame seemed almost giant in comparison, yet I knew she was strong. It was clear to me, at this point as I heard the approach of a Union reconnaissance vessel above, that she took quite a risk on my behalf and I was fortunate in her aid.

//Thank you// I sent her my gratitude.

I had to do something to help in some way, even if it was small. ’Heat is the answer... if I could...’ Closing my eyes to block out distractions, I concentrated on ourselves. Slowly drawing in the coldness of her body temperature into my body, I transferred all the warmth I could spare into her and to her wings. Hopefully that could help generate some lift for her in the currents.

As soon as she felt him secure in his grip, her arms about his waist, she sprang up, lifting them both and beat hard against the air, straining as she gained flight, her wings beating with a loud deep thrum and fast as they skimmed the coral. She could feel her blood rush to the muscles in her abdomen and back, to her neck and shoulders. Se’Iva pursed her lips with determination and was glad for the warmth that now filled her. Though they didn’t have far to fly, she still struggled, and fearing dropping Rowan, whose breath she could feel in concentration at her cheek, his beard against her skin as she held him fast, she pushed harder to get beyond the reef. She could see the waves breaking at its edge. She held the Jedi fast as she struggled and dipped precipitously close to the calcified blades of coral, pumping harder to regain height, her ears swelling as she dove at the water rolling beyond the reef, falling in the waves headlong and grateful, she was nearly unable to catch her breath before hitting the water.

For the moment, it was Se who clung to Rowan, the splash still roaring in her ears. She pointed to the Icarus which now jutted up from the water, light from it’s hangar bays illuminating the waves from below and Se’Iva gulped air before they dove below the waves and toward the hangar bay she’d exited.

They must have seemed strange fish as they swam before the shielding. Finally, padding on the cold decking, pools of water spilling about their feet, Se sputtered and coughed, spots swimming before her eyes, but aware Rowan was now at least in a position better to leave this planet. She smiled at him, his trousers sagging about her legs soaked and the tunic slipping from her arms to slap the deck. Her wings drooped down her back and dragged the deck too as she trembled with the cold.

“We... should leave quickly...” she said, teeth chattering. “The Cha will pursue.”

She straightened as Lt. Shael again approached, baffled, but happy to see Rowan and bewilderment turning to relief and he saluted the Corellian and came to attention. “Sir?!”

Se’Iva let her hand slip from Rowan’s shoulder with regret. She shook now all over and swayed a bit. She looked to the water beyond the shields and about the hangar in alarm. It was difficult to know if it was exhaustion or some upheaval that caused her disequilibrium.

“Don’t ‘ave to do that, at ease.” I waved my hand down to dismiss the salute from the Lieutenant as I spared a glance to check the state of the hanger. “Let them know we are here and to get a move on.”

Looking to Se’Iva, I felt a deep pang as I saw the way she shakily held herself up. The coldness on top of the lacerations and who knows what other injuries she might be hiding were a cause for concern. Bringing my arm under her, I scooped her swiftly off her feet and held her to my chest, hoping that I could somehow provide her with warmth until we settled. Searching her face, “I have to get you, my dear, to the medbay.”

Se looked to Rowan blinking and alarmed. "Oh no, not the medbay again. Please, I'm alright. We leave and then I will feel much better," she insisted pushing to get down and on her own feet, but it was comfortably much warmer where she was.

I could feel her shivering, my arms instinctively tighten to hold her closer as I carried her out of the cold hanger. "You have been hurt, at least let your cuts be cleaned." I paused to get my bearings in the hallways and changed direction. If I go directly there, then there be a chance that I’d be confined in medbay at a time I must be on bridge. “Come to think of it, I don’t blame you. If not the medbay, then somewhere for you to recuperate.”

I took us to where the crew’s quarters were located and opened the door to a specific cabin. “I’m sure Kaylee stored a kit... just... over here,” I murmured as my eyes scanned the cabin. I had a reluctance to let go of her but I needed both hands to check. “I’ll be a sec.”

After Rowan put her down, she let the soaked hospital gown fall to the floor with another wet slap and clasping her arms for warmth, she climbed under the covers of the service bunk and shivered.

I took the small first aid kit and a few towels from the refresher and sat down on the edge of the bunk to see to her wounds while I contacted the bridge myself.

Se’Iva listened to Rowan as he announced himself and the obvious relief of those on the other side of the com. he’d activated. As he spoke he tended her and Se sighed and shook her head.

After Rowan closed his conversation she said, “It seems you are always putting me back together.”

"If we aren't careful, this will become habitual and I'll have to scuff myself up in anticipation of our every reunion." She spoke quite seriously, having no idea of how amusing her comment was.

I chuckled quietly. “I'll have to bundle you up to keep you safe." Smiling softly to her, I held her hand in mine. "You always keep me on course." My other hand applied a kolto patch to a larger cut, the healing properties would clean and tend to the wound.

"Thank you, Rowan Halcyon. Now go. They need you in command. I'm better now," said Se’ looking down to close her eyes for a moment.

He warmed her so and she was grateful, but it was easy to be lulled by the pleasant fire of friendship and mutual regard. Outside, however, matters were quite the opposite and soon the Cha would locate them and the situation and damage to these Union people would be far greater and devastating.

Leaning forward, I gave her brow a soft kiss before standing up. “I will be back soon.” I gave her an reassuring smile before leaving the cabin. Making my way through the familiar corridors, it had been some time since I had last been on this ship.

“Wait up!” I heard someone shout as I neared the bridge, I looked back to see Ariek coming up to me and short of breath. “I was sent to collect you.”

“The price on my head this time?” I teased at her choice of words given that her line of work was bounty hunting. It was good to see her again, it felt too long since I had sent them back.

“Ha ha, I think you already know.” She gave me a sly look before she linked her arm through mine and tugged me in the direction of the bridge. “Tsk! Rowan, Rowan, Rowan. No flowers? Shame, I wonder how Kaylee would take that given that you had kept her waiting. And what is your excuse this time?”

“It was a matter of reconnaissance... something is not right about this place, the locals and our current predicament. The situation might be more serious than we had thought.”

“I could have told you that and saved you the trouble.” Ariek narrowed her eyes and looked him over but didn’t press further. The answer had satisfied her for the moment, but later she would try and find out what had actually happened, whether with or without encouragement. “Come on!”

I could sense the atmosphere had lifted in the bridge when we entered. Smiles and waves from familiar faces at the consoles, my eyes followed across the deck to find Kaylee and Kal were at the viewport. Catching Kaylee’s eyes, her expression lit up before she ran over and embraced me tightly. Ariek had let go of my arm to moved over to Kal’s side and smile back at us.

“I’m glad you are safe.” She whispered, her voice almost cracked from a flood of emotion. “And... Se’Iva?”

“I am glad you are safe, too.” I whispered back as I hugged her close, feeling her cheek nuzzle against my neck. ”Yes, Se’Iva is safe.” I lifted my gaze and caught a nod from Kal. “What is our situation, Kal? I have been told that our ‘friends’ have arrived.”

“That would explain the unusual readings-” Kal gave a sharp nod to the officer at the sensors.

“And the weather.” Kaylee pulled away from the embrace and wiped her damp cheek with the back of her wrist. “Let’s leave this place.”

“Yeah, I’d love to do that, but how with all ‘that’ commotion out there?” Kal gestured out the view port. “The moment we leave this bath, they will surely spot us and give chase... not to mention ‘your’ pals too.”

“We seem to be getting more popular each day.” I remarked under my breath before stepping closer to Kal and Kaylee. I can see that with the water receded from the shore, the Icarus was now visible to the Union and anyone else. The bridge and upper decks along the length of the ship to the prow protruded from the water. “What are our options? The hyperdrive has been repaired?”

“Yes, the drives are operational again... we think.” Kal shrugged his shoulders. “As for options, we can’t go up, we can’t go around otherwise we attract unwanted attention.”

“Unless we go through. They won’t be able to follow us that way.” I folded my arms in front of my chest and gave a nod to the activity outside, the island could be seen and the treeline blowing wildly about. “It’s dangerous but if we hyperjump from where we are, we’ll come out on the other side of the planet. There is no way they can follow us and it gives us an opening to leave unhindered.”

“We don’t know if it would work, look at how we got here!” Ariek waved her hands in frustration.

“But the ’Valhalla’s drives were corrupted, it was experimental in the first place.” Kaylee caught onto what Rowan had in mind. “Icarus is the original, we can trust the drives won’t give us further surprises.”

“Wait a sec, it would tear the ship apart if we open a window…”

I felt a throbbing ache behind my left eye and spreading, squeezing my eyes shut, I pressed my palm over my eye to ease the pain. I couldn’t listen to the rest of Kal’s protest, we didn’t have the luxury of waiting delaying further while we sorted matters through, we had to act immediately!

“It can work!” Kaylee argued. “The curvature of the surface, we don’t have to stay long, about five seconds. A good chance we won’t hit anything.”

“Please!” I raised my hand to cut anyone else from responding to prevent the discussion from escalating further. “We can debate about this later. We just do it!”

A tall cloud began to mount the dark sky just over the Darius Atreides port bow, not even one klick away- like a funnel for a water spout and as the clouds billowed out and upward, the hiss of scalding steam heralded the seething cauldron the seas beneath it became, the smell of sea creatures seized into a soup of hot boiled flesh perfuming the air. The waves and the wind began to turn and cycle upward pulling the carrier into a massive whirlpool that pushed the water before it in an ominous encircling wall.

The ship’s aft slipped sideways, it’s metal hull groaning against the wrenching motion.

Then above them, the “wheel-house” officers only just getting the readings of a mass shadow within the funnel, gasped as the Cha’ala destroyer prow glistened darkly above them, the rest of what must be a gargantuan ship hidden in the great tornado above.

On shore, the tide had receded by meters exposing the “shelf” around the Island, and with it, the mutated carcasses of a few and varied manner of sea-life. All around them, an eerie calm came, even as they continued to slip sideways, round and round, and now the enshrouding gloom that had risen before the funnel swept up to the heights , now crept and wound eerily around the Darius Atreides.

Se’Iva fell back against the bunk and lay still, exhausted. There was little she could contribute at the moment and considered it a blessing to be distracted, otherwise, she might find herself pacing. She closed her eyes to sleep, but the nearness of the hive prevented her from finding respite. The humming in her mind was faint, but every second that passed, the sound of the hive searching her out grew. Again she tried to close her eyes and sleep, but the hum was very loud.

She clasped her ears. So many... The cacophonous “sheen” of the humming was like a million searching cilia, incisive, incessant, unstoppable, and probing every sentient mind. They twisted and writhed, drilling and mining for the information they sought.

The Cha’ala’s eyes shot open in alarm. She reached out and tried to rise from the bunk but crumpled to the decking...

TAG: TBC

17. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    OOC: so posting shortly didn't happen. Sorry work is kicking my rear all over the Galaxy. Did I miss anything? PM me, thanks.
    Omi

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mike Tozzi, roof of Terminal Three, the Emperor Palpatine Spaceport.

?And we are grateful. Doesn?t explain what you are doing up here though. This is a restricted area on a normal day; Citizen. Today, more so.?

The tall Ursean held his temper as he looked down into the anonymous black-and-white faceplate of the 501st stormtrooper who had been the first person to greet him, after the ISB lartie had dropped him off.

Mike realised that he had made a basic error. Running with Acen Hunter around the Senate casualties, and up to the skyhook, had made him feel like a fellow intelligence agent, alongside the ISB man, with the authority to go where he pleased.

And true, he was an operative of SAURRIAN, an elite part of the Ursean KIG, but his cover was that of a civilian paramedic, and one on vacation at that.

So his being called to the post-Senate disaster was one thing; turning up on the roof of a spaceport terminal, within spitting distance ? favourable wind permitting ? of the new Empress? star cruiser, raised more questions than he had answers for.

Tozzi made a show of shivering in his shirtsleeves, as the wind buffeted him on it?s way over the slightly curved roof.
    His jacket was in the back of a taxi at the Senate, or it had been, hours ago. It was probably in a Lost Property basket at the cabbie?s office by now.

?Look, sergeant, my good friend Acen Hunter is onboard that LAAT that dropped me off. He is Imperial Security Bureau, and can vouch for me.?

An unusual combination of engine sounds drew the Ursean?s attention away from the guard, to the underside of another lartie passing overhead, accompanied by a quartet of jumptrooper silhouettes.

Compared to the one that he had been dropped off by, which had been in good condition, this one looked almost pristine!

The Force, which was naturally present in the Urseans, passively magnified his hearing to discern some voices from within the craft.

?-are now a twi'lek dancing girl, and Commander Merch has shoved a twenty credit note down the back of your panties.?

?I'm warning you, Sin.?

?Show him some sugar.?

?Sin, change her back, I'm not playing with you, Man!?

?General Lekhauf, do you want in on this??

?Ooh, fancy.? Mike observed, wryly, as the flier continued towards, and descended to, the distant Ursean Embassy.

?Keep your attention on me, sir.? The stormtrooper insisted, tapping a gloved finger onto the side of Tozzi?s head. ?Down here.? The trooper gestured with his blaster carbine. ?Why don?t we go down to the station, sir. You can make a free comm call from there.?

Tozzi thought of his rendezvous with the bounty hunters. ?I have an appointment, sergeant. If I could call ahead, let them know-?

?From the station, sir.?

Tag: Pashatemur

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ Happy New Year, I hope everyone had survived and are well rested. The month of December had been an insanely intense time... it is good to be back!

~IC~ Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo, Captain Brandei, Lieutenant Garston

The atmosphere aboard the bridge of the ’Stormhawk’ and ‘Judicator’ was filled with tension as the officers in the crew pit hunched over their terminals. A team of them were focused intently on the transmitted material sent back from the probes that were launched into the maelstrom of gases and dust, light and radiation. Another team were focused on the ship’s major systems. Reports filtered up to the Captains regularly; documenting the probes journey into the ‘interstellar nursery’, to the power distribution of the shields that held back the constant bombardment of micrometeorites and radiation.

It took the two Capital ships working together to punch through the dense soup to the deeper regions of the nebula where the probes traversed. A reddish-orangish glow illuminated the hull as they inch towards the edge of the recommended ‘safety’ zone as directed by the ‘Relentless’.

“Sir!” Someone had called out from the crew pit, garnering Captain Brandei’s attention for the umpteenth time from over these past few hours. “We’ve just received another burst of interference, five more of our probes have shorted out.”

Brandei cursed under his breath, that counts forty eight probes that died in that mid-region. “Did we received their data before they died?”

“Fragments of the data made it back.” The technician scrolled through the garbled data. “Trace elements, a higher concentration of metals... alloys...”

Brandei walked over and leaned over the man’s shoulder to view the monitor for himself. “Do we know what they are?”

The technician shook his head. “Impossible to know for sure without more information.”

The Imperial Lambda-class shuttle glided through the evening sky en route to the Nabooian city of Theed, it’s bright navigation lights blinked at the tips of the wings and the slanted nose of the cockpit. Altering course, Lieutenant Garston piloted the transport along the assigned flight path given to them by Theed Air Traffic Control. Glancing up from the instruments, Garston could see from out the viewport that the streets and buildings of Theed were casting sparkling lights of their own, a shimmering reflection on the Solleu.

He couldn’t shake the sense of déjà vu, that events were playing out all over again. It wasn’t too long ago he had made that same journey to ferry the Chiss Grand Admiral to the Capital to investigate the crash sight of a Confederate shuttle. Shifting his gaze, he caught sight of twin red glowing orbs suspended above the city. Doing a double take, Garston realised it was the internal reflection of the small cabin, the orbs were eyes belonging to the passenger beside him: Thrawn. The Grand Admiral’s intense gaze are as though they were piercing the veil of the physical to a far deeper reality, Garston could only guess as to what was going inside the Chiss’ head.

Without saying a word for fear of disturbing the Admiral’s concentration, Garston initiated the landing sequence and brought the shuttle gently to the allocated pad, the landing gears lightly kissed the deck. Unstrapping himself, he lowered the boarding ramp and prepared to power down the shuttle.

“A moment, Lieutenant.” Thrawn’s neutral tone stopped Garston in his tracks. “I have an errand for you while I am gone. I need you to collect any documentation and records pertaining to the Union vessel, ’Aquila’ and it’s owner that the Naboo authorities might have on their file. No detail is to be overlooked, official and unofficial. Understood?”

Garston nodded as he held his gaze with the Grand Admiral. “Yes sir.”

“Very good.” Thrawn’s hand procured an identicard and datacard and held it out for the Lieutenant. “Take these credentials, it will grant you my authorisation in case there is trouble securing the necessary documentation.”

An officer, garbed in the black stormtrooper uniform, sat inside a parked Gian speeder, awaiting to take Thrawn to any place he chooses. The officer watched and then saluted as the immaculately white uniformed Grand Admiral approached. After the brief exchange, Thrawn settled inside the speeder.

“Defence Minister Nacluv is expecting me. Let’s not keep them waiting.”

“It is hard to tell, there was a huge spike in magnetic... and gamma... across this region...” The technician traced a circle with his index finger on a map showing on the top right side of the monitor before flicking across several screens and showed a graph and a sharp exponential curve. “This is looking to be a regular occurrence, if we take the information and timing from the outer probes...” The graph changed to a sine wave. “The burst sweeps out at intervals.” He tapped the screen with his index finger. “Every time that happens, we lose our probes that are caught in the higher concentrations.”

“Find a way around it.” Brandei ordered. “Do we know what is the cause of this?”

“I am no astrophysicist, using the data at hand, I can guess that there is a cosmic event...” The technician shrugged. “Whether it’s an unstable neutron star, a black hole or a pulsar... but something out there is causing havoc with our equipment. I can try and time things so that after the next interval we can swing a few probes around into an inward spiral trajectory following the wake of the anomaly. That might bring us closer before we lose the probes.”

“Do it.”

TAG: Naboo, Open

20. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Investigator Cyrus Teg, Chief of Kala City Police Maximilian Fedorov

Various locations in Kala City, Kaladan

Several hours before the blockade of the Union

Investigator Teg was in the Atreus Park waiting for the mysterious man that had commed him. He said that he had some information regarding his investigation, he was tasked to find who supplied the mercs that helped Baron Ordonnen kill the duke with military grade weapons. He knew this was an absurd case, but the orders came from the duchess? office so he could not say no. Thus far there were no tangible results, not that he put much effort in it. After all it was all clear that the Baron must have supplied the mercenaries with the necessary equipment. Even something more they could be Ordonnen Spec Forces but a mere investigator cannot prove that. All in all the investigation was futile, though it posed some uncomfortable questions, but he doubted he will be able to answer them.

Cyrus was a tall man in his late thirties wearing a grey greatcoat with a light colored suit underneath and grayish trousers. He was a handsome man from a powerful family. Some believed that his father and brother were connected with the criminal underworld and that he was their ?inside man?. Throughout the years he tried to severe his ties with his family, trying to avoid doing anything for them that could be considered favours. Another thing that caused controversy was the fact that Cyrus was married to the daughter of his boss - the Kala City Chief of Police Maximilian Fedorov. The tabloids had a field day when he was awarded for exceptional performance. Few people believed that he was a good investigator and the reason was his private life - more precisely his family. He tried to ignore all the gossips and made up stories about him, but he knew that there will be time when all this will come to haunt him.

The investigator circled nervously around the large monument in the form of a black monolith with carved names on. It was a memorial for the heroes of the Union that served House Atreides. After each civil war it was expanded with more names of men that performed exceptional feats during battle in the name of the Atreides. The man he was waiting for was late, not that it surprised him. Usually informants were nervous, some had second thoughts about the endeavour or wanted to take some precautions. Cyrus wished that the man contacted him during the warm season so that he wouldn?t need to endure the cold outside. The sky was overcast, they were expecting to snow these days. There were few people around - mostly elderly couples that took their routine daily walk outside. Since it was not a working day because of the elevation of House Atreides to House Ultima most people were in the shopping malls or stayed home.

He was one of the few who did not have a day for rest. Cyrus shook his head to chase those demoralizing thoughts after all this case may be absurd but in his guts he could feel that it had the potential to become the most important one that he had ever investigated. He ran his fingers through his neatly combed brown hair, most likely ruining it. He was frustrated and so circled around, kicking the occasional pebble towards the grass. Cyrus heard steps approaching him from behind. This time he hoped it will be his man or woman. He was not entirely sure of the person?s gender. The investigator turned as the steps stoped, his heart was racing as for all he knew there could be a gun pointed at him.

Cyrus was sure that the man was wearing one of the special masks that you can turn into anyone you want. These masks were hard to find using the usual means, it can be easily adapted to show an entirely different face every time you wear it, and it is very difficult to say whether a person wore one. If his guts were right, this was an intelligence operative. All the secrecy and mistrust screamed CSS about the man. But the question was, which division? The answer was very important as it would define what the man has to say and why he approached him. This was a dangerous situation as the man could easily set him up and then arrange for him to disappear somewhere in the secret prisons of the CSS or turn him into a mindless vegetable. Nevertheless he got the investigator’s attention.

“I won’t ask for name as you can easily lie to me. Not that it is important.”

The man smiled. A cold humorless smile, definitely an intelligence type.

“Wise move. You can refer to me as Mister X if you want.”

Cyrus nodded then gestured towards an empty bench so that they could sit and talk. He hoped it won’t start to snow as it would make this conversation even more miserable. But you never know with Kaladan’s weather. When they sat the man turned his face towards Cyrus. He had a narrow face, the man seemed in his early fifties, with cold blue eyes, his hair was black with some gray streaks. All that could possibly be fakes, he could be a twenty something year old playing tricks or a more matured person. He would never know...

“You probably have guessed that I called you to discuss you current investigation.”

“You know that I cannot discuss anything before it is finished.”

The man chuckled.

“Don’t worry I already know more about what you have found than your boss or even you.” he paused for a second “I am not here to ask you questions, nor intimidate you. You are free not to believe me what I say, I want you to think.”

Cyrus frowned then nodded to the man to continue.

“Your current objective as you might have guessed is absurd. Even if you find something the person who was blamed was already executed. No what you are doing is far more important than you even expect.”

The man made a dramatic pause, surely he was taking pleasure of the moment.

Before the stranger could continue Cyrus decided to interrupt him, he was getting annoyed by all this “And what it might be, if I may ask?”

Instead of showing any irritation the man just smiled as if doing so to an impatient child. This, needless to say, caused further annoyance in the investigator.

“Well, for starters, I will say that you will have to investigate some powerful people. And I am talking not only about heads of houses but representatives of different spheres of influence.” he paused to observe the incredulity starting to show on Cyrus’ face “Surely you have heard about the Enlightened?”

Before he could say anything the investigator couldn’t contain his laughter then shook his head and made an attempt to stand up. The so called informant reached with his hand and grabbed his elbow. It was not a strong grasp, but Cyrus’ could feel that the man won’t let him go that easily so instead of struggling he decided to sit again.

“I know what you think, but I can assure you, they are quite real...” “And I think you should change your spice dealer...”

The man’s gaze turned to steel.

“I am serious about this, despite the official position about them, they do exist. Of course most of the books, movies and articles about them are absurd, as you can see that we could not allow the public to know that such a powerful organization actually exists.”

The slip of the word “we” was of course intentional. The man was sharing that he was representing someone powerful, maybe Cyrus’ guts were right after all...he could be indeed a CSS operative. The investigator wondered whether this informant was doing this on his own or was he given orders to do so?

“Now that I have your attention... You may be asking yourself why you? The answer is simple, they will not expect someone like you to come sniffing around for them.”

“And what if I am one of them?”

“A very good question, but I am afraid the answer is quite simple... We have done a very extensive check on you and we are quite sure that you are not.”

Cyrus stared hard at the man, he did not like what he heard. The only question remained, was this man a CSS agent or one of the Inquisition?

“If you know that much about them, why don’t just arrest them? Surely you don’t need me for this.”

The man sighed.

“The problem is that we need you to find the complete list of members. Don’t look at me like that, we know this thing exists but we were unable to find it...All our agents were compromised one way or another.”
    Investigator Teg remained silent, considering what to say next.

“So you say that I have to start from the investigation of how the mercenaries got their weapons and connect it with this broader...” he paused looking for a suitable word “...conspiracy?”

The man nodded.

“Yes, as you see the Baron Ordonnen was pawn in their hands...” the man stopped in mid-sentence “Haven’t you asked yourself why there were so few guards in Palace Kaladan and the 2nd Iron Fist Tank Division was away on some sort of exercise far from here? And what about the regiment that is stationed here in the capitol? They didn’t react adequately to such a threat... You may say that they are incompetent but this is not the case, I assure you...”

These were questions Cyrus had asked himself but when sought the answers was given only the official version of what had transpired.

“Yes, I did ask myself these things but I was not given satisfactory answers.”

The man smiled sympathetically.

“And you would never be given unless you modify your investigation a bit.” then he tapped his lips with his index finger clearly thinking of something then added “A free piece of advice, seek out this Echo guy, he is onto something.”

Echo was the nickname of a hacker who also happened to be a conspiracy theorist. He was barely known but had a small but faithful group of supporters on the VivaNet (the Union’s internal HoloNet). The police was trying to arrest him for financial frauds and for VivaNet vandalism. In the light of this new information there might be something else behind the orders for arrest.

“Well, it was good to see you investigator. It was a pleasure...” the man stood up and just as he was about to make a step he clearly remembered something and turned. “Almost forgot to give you this, here you will find your orders.” he handed Cyrus an envelope.

The investigator swallowed hard as he could see the that the envelop bore the personal seal of the Duchess Atreides...

Meanwhile elsewhere in Kala City

Chief of Police Federov was arriving back home, he took an early leave as he wanted to be with his family for the celebrations. Besides he needed a short rest, the police won’t fall apart in his absence. Most of the ongoing investigations were going well so there was nothing to worry about. This was such a rare occasion, everything to run smoothly for once. Maybe even the criminals were celebrating the elevation of House Atreides and were getting sloppy. Or maybe it was true what the lower classes believed that the Duchess can make miracles... That caused him to snort to cover his laughter so his driver turned slightly to check on his boss. Federov just made an indeterminable gesture to show that everything was alright.

He then diverted his attention to looking outside the window of the speeder. It was a gray day outside, snow was coming. It was that miserable part of the year when you have to stay inside, even when it was snowing. The dirt of the big city makes even the snow to look grayish, it robs you the joy of observing the beauty of a snowfall. He imagined what it might be in poor neighbourhoods when even the richer ones looked bad. It must be even worse to live there, but no one actually talks about these areas, everyone just pretends they don’t exist, that everyone in the Union was well off and happy. This was the general hypocrisy, even he succumbed to it as he rarely visited these neighbourhoods anymore...

He could see the gleaming window displays of the boutiques full of expensive clothing and accessories. Fedorov was part of the privileged class, not that his job position ensured it, it was more due to his family. All the important positions were taken by people from at least middle class families. Despite all the talk of equal chance and that if you were smart enough you will be able to elevate yourself in the society... well this was a lie... A cold and heartless lie that forced countless youths to lose their illusions about how perfect their society is. Of course hardly anyone blamed the ruling houses, they were off-limits about such matters. There were some exceptions to the rule as some of these youngsters managed to carve their way out of the slimehole. Though most did this with some illegal methods and thus making themselves his problem.

The streets seemed half empty, his speeder had passed through the financial centers, some of the shopping areas of the city, and even through “Vice City” as the locals called it. Vice City was the second largest part of the city where most of the more expensive night clubs and other entertainment premises were located all controlled by one of the large crime syndicates. The biggest was called Sin City, it hosted even more lavish forms of entertainment. The problem was that he could do nothing to arrest the owners as they were intertwined with powerful politicians and businessmen. A situation that he hoped one day to change, though he suspected that this would not happen in his lifetime.

Finally they were approaching the Liberty Hills where he lived. It was a beautiful place full of small parks, little family restaurants and cafes. Of course it was an exclusive place to live, though the celebrities and most of the other famous people lived in another part of the city. On the Hills lived highly paid executives, some businessmen, respected lawyers and doctors, some professors. All in all representatives of the “intelligentsia”. The buildings were not vast mansions, but medium sized houses in nice and warm colors and a few ornaments with backyards. Nothing too opulent. It was a quiet place where everyone can relax after a hard day of working. And it provided a nice vista of the city too which came as a bonus.

They arrived in front of his house. A two-storey building with some large windows and pale orange in color. There were some decorative shrubs in front of it, along with some flowers (at least during the warm season). As he stepped on the pavement Maxmillian stretched a bit and watched the driver moving away to the local parking lot as upon building the house Fedorov decided not to make a garage as he did not want to ruin the design. The chief started moving towards the entrance when he heard a voice behind his back.

“I am so sorry...”

Fedorov frowned, as he had not heard the man approach him, nor he realized that there was someone on the street. When he turned he saw a medium-sized man wearing a gray hoodie and he could not see the man’s face. Suddenly the hooded person brought something out of his pocket. The motion was so quick and he barely had time to notice it, then came a muffled shot. Fedorov’s limp body fell on the pavement with blood pouring out of his pierced skull. The hooded person just left the crime scene with a quick pace, after all there was no-one in the area...

This was not a perfect day after all...

To be continued

21. Master_of_les_pauls

May 28, 2010
    OCCA joint post by myself and Omi

IC: Jon Matrix, (RC) Bruce Wayne, Dirty Harry Callahan, Jimis McCaintir, Dutch, Norrislic Cucklo, Drago, Mislin 'Cobra' Cobretti, Snake Plistken, General Torian
    Location Yavin Base

The large group of alpha males maintained silence as they made their way through the maze like corridors of the Yavin temple, although it wasn't' a large group of people each man was an army of his own. Their sheer size made everyone around them move out of the way and the ancient walls seemed to tremble at each strike of their combat boots on the stone floor.

These men were the hammer in Jon Matrix?s commando team that would have the greatest impact on the Empire or anyone else who decided to get in their way. Matrix was hoping that these mountains of mayhem would become as feared as the 501st was in the Rebel Alliance. The team would be made up of the finest soldiers the Rebellion had to offer, with each man bringing their own unique talents to the team.

The idea for the team was always in the back of his mind and he thought about it the more it had dawned on him that such a team was possible and would live on beyond his years. It was with this in mind he and Lucius Fox had selected each member of the team.

The eight men made their way into armory, each man heading off into different sections each favoring different weapons. Bruce wasn't much of a weapons guys, even though he had no doubt he had been asked to join this group due to his skills as pilot, his preferred method of combat was hand to hand. Of course he could use a blaster like most people; any damned fool can pull a trigger after all. Bruce was skilled in various martial arts but the one he excelled at best was Tres Ki.

Bruce looked around the room at the other men who made up this new team; out of them the only one he even remotely knew was Harry Callahan. Callahan was the primary pilot but with the formation of this team Bruce guessed he would soon be getting his hands dirty in some old fashioned troop to troop fighting.

"Hey Harry give me a hand with this" Bruce called out to Callahan.

Dutch had a wide grin on his face as he pulled a huge case on the floor underneath a stack of shelves. The smile grew wider opening the Kevlar case. It was just the weapon he had been looking for, an M816 minigun, or as he often called it, "Old Painless." It was not mini by any standards.

For a moment Dutch stood with the huge fire arm in his hands, in his mind's eye picturing himself alone with ?Old Painless? wiping out hordes of incoming stormies.

"It's definitely you" Jimis said breaking Dutch from his day dream. "Help me with the explosives will ya big guy."

The two men carried a huge case and placed it onto the massive table that took up the centre of the room. Jon Matrix walked in, speaking in a loud and clear voice.

“I selected you guys because each of you are the best in your field of operations.” Matrix looked around the room at every member of his team. “And because it’s also time to put the hurt on the Empire. You men ready to take the fight to the enemy?”

Each man in the room replied in unison with "Yes sir!"

"Well boys, General on deck!" Jon said as his old friend Torian strolled into the room.

In less than two seconds every man was at attention and saluting their leader.
    There was barely enough room inside with Matrix, his men and all the assorted toys of mass destruction. Looking around, cigar in his mouth, Torian could see that these men could put the hurt on just about anyone or anything. These were the kind of men that would eat their morning rations out of dead carcass.

“At ease men.” He took a long drag on his cigar and blew the smoke up above his head. “I understand that Commander Matrix chose you select men because of your prowess in combat.” He walked around the men and continued.

“You are the tip of a very sharp spear. You will be asked to enter into some of the most dangerous environments and conditions ever imagined, situations that would make your cojones suck up into your body cavity and hide.”

The men let out a laugh. Torian turned to Matrix, “Commander, have your men locked, cocked and ready to rock in 30 minutes. I have an unlimited credit line with the Empire,” Torian held up the M816 in Dutch’s arms, “and I intend to use it.”

“Right you heard the General, A-holes and elbows” Matrix shouted out “Time to hustle and bustle, move, move, MOVE!”

With that the group of men Matrix had assembled sprang into life and began to quickly organize themselves for battle. With that Matrix turned to his old friend and spoke.

“So you coming with us on this one?” Jon said.

A puff of smoke escaped his teeth, "Does a bantha crap in the desert? Hell yes I'm coming with you."

"Okay then boss" Jon said with a half-smile "We’re we headed to?"

"We're headed to the Imperial trade routes, Corellian Trade Spine, to be exact."

"Correlia huh, my kind of place" Jon replied "Any specific targets?"

"Imperial supply trains. We'll have the flyboys run cover for us while we break into one of their supply ships. We need medical and other essential supplies."

“This is getting better by the minute” Matrix smiled “And of course we kick the ever loving crap out of any Imperials who just happen to get in our way right?”

"Exactly. Always remember, we don't murder Imperials, we kill them."

"Ha ha" Jon let out a small laugh "Of course and me and the boys are in the mood for some killing"

Torian chomped down on his cigar and spoke through gritted teeth, "Good, get your butts in gear and meet me on the tarmac."

Jon snapped to attention and then turned on his heels and then marched back over to his team and barked out “No doubt you boys heard the General so shape up and snap up!!! Elbows and A-holes, get your gear stowed and down on the tarmac within 30 mins”

30 Mins later!

Jon stood and watched as his men were finishing up stowing there gear away on their ship, Matrix could feel an immense swell of pride welling up inside himself. Jon felt good knowing that he had put these men together and it was he who had helped forge them into a tight, cohesive unit.

Then with that almost on cue, Torian strode across the landing pad towards him. “All men present and accounted for General” Jon said snapping to attention.

The cigar was down to the bitter end. Hot smoke scorched the General’s tongue but he didn’t mind. He spat out the remains of the wet stub of a stogie and narrowed his eyes.

Jon could tell instantly that Torian had his game face on and was ready to go to war, Matrix was in no doubt that was just what they would be doing. “Understood, would you like to address the men?”

“Call the men out here in front of the ship.“

Without saying a word Matrix made his way to the landing ramp and shouted up to his men to come down and face there leader. Jon had to suppress a smile as his men quickly made their way down the ramp and were quickly stood in line and at attention.

He paced back and forth in front of the men. They were hard, mean and nasty, just the way he liked his warriors. There was no room for pansies in his outfit. “We are going to hit the enemy so hard it will knock them into the next star system. Keep damage to the cargo to a minimum and damage to the enemy to a maximum. That said though, don’t get so gung-ho on me that you blow a hole through the cargo ship and suck us all out into the blackness of space. Do you understand me?”

“SIR, YES SIR!” All the men shouted out at once.

Torian nodded his approval and looked around. The Jedi that was supposed to come along for the ride, was not present yet. Infarius was supposed to be locked and loaded as well. "Thank you gentlemen or should I call you by another nastier name?"

“Ha” Jon laughed to himself “Old man you can call them what you want but don't call them in the morning!” Matrix then noticed that Torian's eyes were darting around the landing ramp “You waiting for someone?”

Glancing back at Matrix, "Yea. A Jedi is coming with us. Figure we can use an extra hand around the office.”

“A Jedi?” Jon asked quizzically, last Matrix had heard the Jedi were pretty much spread thin and had split into several groups, Matrix also thought the Jedi were pretty much keeping out of the war “Who is it and are they on the level?”

"Yea, it’s the Jedi Infarius. He offered to come along. I hope he doesn't mind if he gets blood on his robes." Torian was jesting of course; the Jedi was as hard as the rest of them, though this bunch of savory characters aboard the ship would make even the old emperor crap his diapers.

“Well let’s hope this Jedi pulls his finger outta his A-hole and gets down here for my men are ready for war!” Matrix said proudly.

“Roger that Commander.”

Tag Darth Gollum Smeagol

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: H the Hoojib, outside the Master Chef Diablo residence

Early next morning

The sun started to poke over the horizon, beams of light washing up the tree-covered flanks of the famous Minarai Mountains, illuminating the sunward side of the Master Chef's abode.

Looking like a miniature and organic Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery (SPHA) unit, H gambolled along the roadside, where the grass verge met the two-lane ferrocrete, with a stokli stick, attached to his back, the business end swishing about with his forward progress.

Fifty metres ahead of him, parked on his side of the deserted road fronting the wrought durasteel gates, sat the black limousine containing the Black Guard assigned to the Chef. The occupant seemed unaware of his approach, though admittedly, from his low angle, nose just above the road surface, H really could not see much.

The occupant could be dancing on the car's rooftop, and he probably would not see, though he imagined he would be able to tell the speeder's rocking motion, even if all he could see was the road under it, and the vehicle underside.

H trotted on all fours up to the left side of the car, turned to face the doors, and carefully positioned himself so that the squirted material only hit the door below the window line.

Ready. He telepathed.

Seconds later, a sticky white substance sprayed over his head to stick fast to the door, covering the crack between the door and the flanks behind. The material quickly lost its shine, as it hardened on exposure to air.

Alright, stop!

The spray stopped, and H stood frozen, hoping against hope that none of that gunk dripped onto his back from the makeshift tub. In a moment, he would head round the other side of the vehicle; secure the other door; slitch wasn't getting out of this thing in a hurry!

To be continued...

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Captain Dorja
    Location: Chommell Sector - Obligon Nebula/Arrissa's Field - 'Relentless'

While the ?Ambassador? from the Union moved to confer with the rest of his entourage, Captain Dorja sucked in his breath for a moment as he regarded the rabble of Panthera Squadron. Their undisciplined form and unconventional background made them stand out from the usual cadets but in the end, they are still a bunch of regular flyboys. As Dorja approached them, the pilots broke out of their loose circle and their chatter died down. Dorja held their gaze before locking onto Major Sam Sparro, whom acting as leader of the squadron in the wake of Captain Juno Eclipse?s ?absence?.

?Captain.? They said in varied tones and timing before they fell into ranks.

?Sloppy!? Dorja kept the comment to himself that these men do not share the same scrupulous procedures that his own people performs. The Captain folded his arms behind, his hands clasped together against the small of his back. He gave a brief nod of acknowledgement before he cut straight to business. ?Are you all accounted for??

?Yes.. Ah..? The cheerful expressions of the pilots went sullen as the adrenaline high were not enough to overrule the memory of earlier events above Naboo?s orbit. ?No sir, ?Oxiana? was disabled and we lost the Captain. She-?

?I have been informed of the situation, Major.? Dorja interrupted him, a further explanation would have to wait until they are secured. They do not want possible eavesdroppers to overhear and their new guests to pick up on mixed signals. Loose lips shatters ships.

?And that is, Captain?? One of the pilots interjected. ?What is the situation??

?That it is far from over.? Dorja narrowed his eyes at them. With a raise of his hand, a platoon of Stormtroopers marched forward and encircled the pilots. ?Until then, you will be escorted to a secure hold and there you will await until properly debriefed.?

He ignored the look of surprise on the pilots faces as the troopers silently escorted them out of the hanger bay. His watched them until they were gone from sight before his gaze flickered to the closed bay doors. Situated in a bay on the opposite side of the vast Star Destroyer's hanger, a team of his best armed forces were being assembled. Raising his comlink close to his mouth, Dorja whispered. ?Commander, is your team ready??

[?All set and ready to depart.?]

?Very good.? Dorja responded. ?You may begin the operation at your earliest convenience.?

Given recent developments expressed to Dorja by the Grand Admiral, it is believed that the ?Ragnarök? has been compromised. A leak like that should not be left unattended otherwise it can leave irreparable damage, if it has not already. The ?Relentless? is a failsafe, Dorja realised, that it was for this very reason why the Grand Admiral had his command assigned to babysit the other vessel out in the middle of nowhere. Silencing his com, Dorja returned it to his pocket before turning around. From his vantage point he witness the elderly gentleman, garbed in white robes, converse with his people. When this Master Dondarion has finished, they will ensure his people are settled.

TAG: Master Dondarion, Open

24. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    OOC: So, I was going back and reading through old stuff. And let me just say... the fact that this is still alive makes me VERY happy. I love all of you. :)

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Ema', I don't claim to speak for all of us, but on seeing your name on the thread, "Holy ****!"

How are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.