main
side
curve
  1. Happy Halloween

Greetings Guest, Happy All Hallow’s Eve!

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Reference The Gambling Den - OOC and Reference for The Yakuza

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Master Vo'Un'Var, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

This thread contains information about the game The Yakuza: Territory War and other installments of the series. It also serves as an OOC thread for discussing theories, asking questions, or generally relaxing.

[​IMG]

---

The Clans & Families (current and former)

---

The HIMURA CLAN

The Himura Clan, one of the strongest Clans of Hiroshima, had been well established in the city before the bombs fell. Back then, they stole weapons and smuggled them into the black market. Now, their enterprise had spread into extortion, prostitution, gambling, and more. They control a large part of northern Hiroshima, and have recently spread into the east and south. They seek to seize control of the black markets and further their power. This clan holds a good few families under their name, but will they crumble under this weight, or be triumphant?

Himura Sub-Families

The Takeda Family
    Led by Hideyoshi Takeda, the Takeda family is one of the most powerful families within the Himura clan. They are the most diplomatic of the families, and pride themselves on their connections and wealth in post-war Japan.​
    The Nakamura Family
    Led by Katsuo Nakamura, the Nakamura family are on good terms with most of the other Himura families, and beyond the clan. They work on expanding the Himura territory and look to increase the numbers of their clan.​

The HADA CLAN

The Hada Clan have a firm grip over the open-air black markets and control a large portion of southern Hiroshima, allowing them to control most harbours and ports in Hiroshima. The Hada also hold a reputation for recruiting some of the most elite and dangerous Yakuza, and often have the most questionable honour of the great families.

Hada Sub-Families
    The Hagiwara Family
    Led by Yoshi Hagiwara, the Hagiwara family, unlike the Hada and the rest of the sub-families, are more muscle than subterfuge. For this reason Yoshi Hagiwara is considered one of the more important under bosses in the Hada clan, as they are the muscle of the clan.​
    The Oni Family
    The powerful and elusive Oni Family are a staple of what formed the Hada clan and brought the families within so much power. Composing of the very best of the Hada clan, the Oni are a terrifying presence in the Yakuza world. They are perhaps the most feared family in all of Japan. They are lead by the lethal and legendary Goro Oni.​
    The Hattori Family
    The weak Hattori family could have seen better days, but their leadership lacked the drive to push the family to great heights within the Hada clan. Now, they sit festering, waiting until a day that they can gain fame within the clan.
    The AKIYAMA FAMILY

The Akiyama Family hold little-to-no land, but grow larger by the day. Emerging only very recently, the Akiyama have tried breaking into the black markets and southern parts of Hiroshima, putting them in conflict with the formidable Hada family. It's only a matter of time before the Akiyama ally with one of the Hada's enemies, creating an even larger conflict in southern Hiroshima.

The MAJIMA FAMILY

The Majima Family has been around for a while, but never pushed to control land nor spread to any other crime apart from their forte, gambling. They run a famous Gambling Den in Kure city, simply known as The Gambling Den. The Majima family are lead by Mikio Majima, the owner of the Gambling Den.

[​IMG]

---

Important Locations

---

OPEN-AIR BLACK MARKETS

The story begins in the open-air black markets of Hiroshima, markets which bustle with activity on the daily. The Hada Clan has most control over these markets, though recently their control has been challenged by the Akiyama. Either way, it is a hub of villainy and gangs. These serve as important locations to hold in these desperate times.

[​IMG]

---

Important Characters

---

Kenshi Ozunu (@greyjedi125) (Currently absent)
    A small-time thief struggling in the ruins of Hiroshima, how long can he remain unnoticed? Now he has been inducted into the Himura clan, and has yet to choose a family within the clan.

Yuriko Takadagi (@Ktala)
    A healer whose path saving lives may cross with a darker world of a destroyed city.

Hideki Fujikawa (@The Jedi in the Pumas)
    An Akiyama gangster, Hideki seems to have a shot at redemption, and a chance to build something new... How hard will this path end up for the violent Yakuza?

Zaraki Nara (@Darth_Elu)
    The former Oni family member, also known as Yomi’s Wind. Zakari returns to the shadows of the Yakuza world, to the fortune of Genta Hamamoto, who has offered Zakari a fresh start. His return is sure to catch the attention of the formidable Hada clan.

Hiroto Hattori (@Shadowsun)
    The Hattori family member who seeks to bring his family glory in the Hada clan. He is the son of the patriarch of the Hattori family.

Ryutaro Himura
    A powerful Yakuza clan leader with a great amount of power. How long will he reign until someone challenges his rule?

Goro Oni
    The legendary and vicious Goro Oni leads his family, the Oni, in the Hada clan, with brutal efficiency. His family is well-known for their elitist membership, and rightly so. Goro Oni is one of the most dangerous men in the entirety of Japan.

Yoshi Hagiwara
    An underboss for the infamous Hada clan who may be entering an unlikely alliance. Head of the Hagiwara Family.

Genta Hamamoto
    A thief and boss of a small-time gang in southern Hiroshima. Threatened by the Hada's, Akiyama's, and Himura's, how long will it take until he forges a family of his own?

Yuta Akiyama
    The leader of the rising Akiyama gang in southern Hiroshima. Surely his family will need to make some new alliances to take on the threat of the Hada clan.

Shinobu Hada
    The infamous Shinobu Hada, head of the deadly Hada clan. The grip on southern Hiroshima has been challenged, but surely he will not let it go so easy.

Mikio Majima
    The owner of The Gambling Den and patriarch of the Majima family. His family has no affiliation with any clan as of late, and they solely work on their gambling business.

Iroh Hattori
    The father of Hiroto Hattori and patriarch of the Hattori family. He leads the Hattori family with a lack of discipline and structure. While wise and intelligent, he dislikes the Yakuza world, and is greatly upset with his son's involvement in it.

Hideyoshi Takeda
    An elder of the Himura clan, Hideyoshi Takeda is considered one of Ryutaro's best men. He often watches over new members deemed fit for important tasks, and deals with the various relations among the other Yakuza families. He was recently appointed as a mentor to Kenshi Ozunu, and will teach him much about the Yakuza world. He is the head of the Takeda family.

Katsuo Nakamura
    An underboss of the Himura clan attending the Akiyama-Himura meeting. He is the head of the Nakamura family.

Iwata Bunjiro
    A supposed forger and suspected hitman out for Akiyama's blood,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    I need a sure bet! :p

Dang! I think the dice roller is gone. :(

Thanks for the Glossary @Master Vo'Un'Var

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Hehehe... glad this is here!!
    Loving it!

4. Master Vo'Un'Var

Mar 19, 2017
    I will try and keep this updated often, so be sure to check back in to see the latest Yakuza scoops... Glad y'all are enjoying this as much as I!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  5. Master Vo'Un'Var

Mar 19, 2017
    I have the intention to wrap up our prologue in about 3-5 updates. Maybe less, maybe more. With the completion of the prologue, this hopefully will have introduced the world and characters of The Yakuza enough to get the ball rolling pretty fast. I hope you are all enjoying this game as much as I am.

On to my next point, I hope to introduce a feature in chapter one of the game, or possibly chapter two. The feature in question is what I decided to call an Expansion. These act like a DLC would in a video game. Adding extra story content that is typically related and referenced in a main story, but not a continuation of the main story. These expansions will add new story content to the world, and act as side missions if you like. These are not mandatory whatsoever. Just a fun idea I came up with to further enrich the world of The Yakuza. I will likely post a lone update with no tags with several hooks and loose ends which your character can use to follow this story if you so please. I hope these to be a fun and rewarding experience for us all. Let me know your thoughts on this idea.

Ktala likes this.
  6. Master Vo'Un'Var

Mar 19, 2017
    Ktala and greyjedi125 like this.
  7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Let the good times roll...
    or is that role? Hmmmmm...

;)

8. Master Vo'Un'Var

Mar 19, 2017
    I split this update into two parts for organizational reasons on my part. Yuriko's update will be posted as soon as possible. We have now entered chapter one!

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    hehehehe.. Lovely.

[​IMG]

greyjedi125 and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @The Jedi in the Pumas

Haha! You got me good. I just peeked in and BAM!!! A Tag! I got something doing atm, but you bet Ima be back to post a response ASAP! LOL!! loving' it!

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    POODOO!
    (Cause I cant curse in Japanese....) [face_devil]

Master Vo'Un'Var and greyjedi125 like this.
  12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    What in..........:eek::eek::eek:[face_nail_biting]

13. Master Vo'Un'Var

Mar 19, 2017
    Planning to update this weekend or later today.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  15. Master Vo'Un'Var

Mar 19, 2017
    Alright, update tonight! If you haven't got a reply in now is the best time to. Hope everyone is well.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2003
    Glad to be a part. Former member of the Oni, Future member of the Hamamoto, coming through. Just call me scoundrel.

:han:

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Darth_Elu

That was an excellently crafted character bio and a joy to read. :-B

Darth_Elu and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Thank you, my friend. *bows* :cool:

Master Vo'Un'Var and greyjedi125 like this.
  20. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2017
    Sup guys, super excited about this!

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Welcome @Shadowsun

Welcome to the game! LOVE your character!! because, yesterday, I was talking to someone else about the SAME EXACT TYPE - then one just 'happens' to materialize in the game this morning!! So, unless you are that person, hats-off to you, sir!! Bravo!! =D=

22. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2017
    @greyjedi125
    Haha thank you so much! I am not that person but have been following along, as best I can, and been thinking about this character for a little while. Super excited to steal those weapons right under your noses, I mean create a fun RPG world with you guys.

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Banzai!!!! :D :D

Master Vo'Un'Var and Shadowsun like this.
  24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Welcome to the game, @Shadowsun!

And now all the clans have someone. ;)

25. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    I.

Am.

So.

Excited.

Welcome to the game!

Shadowsun and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.