main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Game of Death (Qui/Obi, Angst, Hurt/Comfort) *Chapter 11* Updated 12/05/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Wow! I'm so glad I found this story! I'm still catching up but I just wanted to let you how much I'm enjoying it so far. Poor Obi! He most defintely needs a hug! [:D] Can't wait to finish reading what has been posted so far! Can you add me to your PM list?

2. erikawr05

erikawr05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2006
    like its not enough to force someone to
    fight he takes their families.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great post!! Thanks for the PM :)

4. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    OK folks. Next chapter. Hang on to your seats, its a long one. :D Thanks to everyone for your continued support. [:D]

Chapter 7

Days passed. Obi-Wan?s injuries from his fight with the guards healed slowly. But as steadily as his physical wounds closed, far more serious ones were being scored across his soul. And they were the ones Obi-Wan was sure would never again be made whole.

As a Jedi he had seen many terrible things throughout the galaxy. But he had never really had to experience first hand the hopelessness and despair caused to people through sheer cruelty and neglect. He saw sights in those first days that he never wanted to see again yet knew for certain that they would haunt his darkest dreams for years to come.

Time passed unmarked in the dim light unchanging. The meaningless hours broken only by the guards bringing the weak gruel that was supposed to nourish the starving, hollow-eyed prisoners.

As a valued warrior, Obi-Wan was fed better than most, but the majority were not so fortunate. Fights over food were common. The strong preyed on the weak, driven by the need to survive. And Obi-Wan could do naught about it, however his heart raged against the injustice.

Disease was as rampant as hunger. The conditions were filthily and infection ran rife among the tight press of bodies. Several succumbed in the short time Obi-Wan had been present, and the wrapped bodies were carried away each morning accompanied by the wail of mothers and the whimper of lonely children.

Then one morning a body was taken that was followed only by silence, seemingly no soul present to mourn its passing. Obi-Wan?s sorrowing eyes followed its progression out of the room, wondering who this lonely person had been.

As if in answer to his thoughts, one of the bearers shifted their grip and the shroud covering the still form slipped, revealing an ancient face crowned by thinning white hair.

Unbidden tears stung Obi-Wan?s eyes as he recognised the old man that had helped him on his first day. Even though he had only known him for a few minutes, his death layered another stinging welt across Obi-Wan?s heart.

And as the empty shell of the man that had been was borne out of sight, the Padawan bowed his head and cast a prayer to the silent Force that his friend had finally found peace in its all encompassing embrace.

Another quickly followed in its wake, this one for himself.

Master. . . Please find me?.

The next day, as far as he could guess, Obi-Wan lay on his cot, shutting out the stench and filth from his mind, even as he blocked his sight with an arm over his face.

He wasn?t allowed to stay that way for very long, however, as he was pulled rudely from his private little world by a polite jab in the ribs. Obi-Wan hissed between his teeth and slowly removed his arm from his face.

Before the collar no one would have been able to catch him unawares like that.

With a resigned sigh the Padawan lifted his gaze to see just who had found reason to disturb him.

To his dismay he found himself staring straight up into the Cobra?s sneering face. He had hoped that he?d seen the last of the bounty hunter.

?Get up, little Jedi.?

?May I ask what for?? Obi-Wan responded coolly. After what he had seen in these few days he was in no mood for this man.

?Time to prove you were worth all that trouble I went through. Can?t have you lying idle getting fat on all our food.?

Obi-Wan wanted to retort that it would be impossible for a Hutt to get fat on that slop, and that the bounty hunter should try it.

He held his tongue, however, and rolled smoothly to his feet. Despite the Cobra?s assertions, he had not been idle. In an attempt to distract himself from his surroundings the Padawan had spent a lot of his time running through some training katas to keep himself limber. It had been difficult in the limited space but he?d managed.

With the unknown challenges lying ahead it would be unwise to get out of practice.

Several heavily armed guards had

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow. Way wow.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Obi-Wan, when will Qui-Gon rescue him?

Fighting like that for his life and seeing the hurt and pain of others.

:_|

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job on the fight. I could picture it very clearly. Poor Obi-Wan. He may be wiry and well prepared to fight but against such a large opponent... gotta hurt.

Wonderful.

8. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    wooooh!

holy[face_cow] that was gripping!!

horrible that the only way Obi-Wan can get a chance to rest is by getting beaten within an inch of his life!

9. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Wonderful update. I could picture what was going on very clearly! Poor Obi-Wan, having to against that monster of a man. Hopefully he'll be able to contact Qui-Gon soon and then his captors will have one very angry Jedi Master to deal with... Again, awesome update! :)

10. Nimloth

Nimloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2007
    Good action chapter! You were able to depict the scene in a very graphic and visual way...:eek:

Please, continue! ;)

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I agree with everyone - wow. Wow! You do a wonderful job of writing action - believe me, I could see that.

Nicely done.

12. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Wow great fight scene... I am sorry the old man died but at least Obi is alive....

my favorite sentence is :
    "Size matters not. Size matters not. Obi-Wan repeated the mantra to himself like a lifeline. That better not have been the only time you ever lied to me, Master Yoda"

13. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Wow! Great fighting scene! =D=
    I hope Obi-Wan will recover soon - I guess that wasn't the last fight he was in. [face_worried]

His mind reached blindly for Qui-Gon.

Master, help me!

Of course there was no answer, but Obi-Wan had not been Qui-Gon?s apprentice for over ten years without some of that infinite wisdom engraining itself deep down inside him, waiting to be called upon.

Focus, Padawan, Obi-Wan could hear his Master?s voice as clearly as if it had been spoken in his ear. Don?t try to match his strengths, use his advantage against him.

I liked very much that Obi-Wan remembers Qui-Gon's teachings althouhg he is not able to reach him through the Force.

14. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Well done!=D= I could see every event play out in my mind as I was reading it! I [face_love] stories like that! Poor Obi-Wan...there is no doubt that he needs a hug and I volunteer to give him one! ;) I can't wait for more! Keep up the great work and thanks for the PM!

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Excellent fight scene=D=
    I hope Qui-Gon finds him soon.

Wonderful post.=D=

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Excellent update! :D

Then one morning a body was taken that was followed only by silence, seemingly no soul present to mourn its passing. Obi-Wan?s sorrowing eyes followed its progression out of the room, wondering who this lonely person had been.

As if in answer to his thoughts, one of the bearers shifted their grip and the shroud covering the still form slipped, revealing an ancient face crowned by thinning white hair.

Unbidden tears stung Obi-Wan?s eyes as he recognised the old man that had helped him on his first day. Even though he had only known him for a few minutes, his death layered another stinging welt across Obi-Wan?s heart.

And as the empty shell of the man that had been was borne out of sight, the Padawan bowed his head and cast a prayer to the silent Force that his friend had finally found peace in its all encompassing embrace.

Another quickly followed in its wake, this one for himself.

Master. . . Please find me?.

=D=

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow, I really love this story! [face_love]

I felt so sorry for Qui-Gon as he mourned for Obi-Wan, thinking he was dead. :(

And poor Obi-Wan! I hope Qui-Gon can rescue him soon!

You're a wonderful writer, Glenstorm, and I very much look forward to more. [face_love]

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Very nicely done fight. I was a bit concerned about permanent injuries for poor Obi-Wan! And he called out to Qui-Gon in the middle, too, even though he knew it wouldn't help. The whole story really makes the poor reader really want to see a rescue coming. Ooooooh, and from the first part I know it's going to take some time, since this is when Qui-Gon still thinks his Padawan was killed in the explosion. I'll be looking for that rescue. :)

19. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. can not wait for the next post.

20. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    I think it's time for an update, isn't it? ;) [face_batting]

21. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Wow! That was an awesome fighting scene! I loved how you put emphazies on Obi-wan being thankful for not being able to feel the pain and hatred through the Force, and his hurt at seeing the man who treated him nice die. It goes well into showin that Obi-wan hasn't lost himself even though he's goign through such a terrible situation. I only hope Qui-gon finds him alive. :) Awesome chapter! I can't wait for more! I've enjoyed this story from the start! Great job! PM list please.

22. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    This is a fantastically written story! would absolutely love a PM when you update!

~Jen~

23. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Ack, this is another one that's just too good to abandon! Please update!!![face_praying]

24. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Excellent fic, truly excellent.

Please PM me when you update this :)

EG

25. Obi-Odd13

Obi-Odd13 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2008
    =D= =D= [face_dancing] =D= =D=

WOw this is really good! I hope you update soon - could you put me on the PM list? I don't foray into the realms of unfinished fics often, and if I do, it means its a really good read. So pretty please update soon? [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.