main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Game of Death (Qui/Obi, Angst, Hurt/Comfort) *Chapter 11* Updated 12/05/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Whoa! :eek:

?Qui-Gon,? Mace said, and seemed to be choosing his words carefully. ?You must understand that this is very hard for us to believe. Obi-Wan has been gone for a long time now, you yourself said your bond with him was cut the minute the senator?s ship blew. No other sense of him has been found in the Force since then. Your grief has been terrible. Now you enter out of the blue, claiming Obi-Wan is alive based on nothing more than a brief flash of presence after leaving his room. A place you avoided until now. A place soaked in his old Force signature.? He let the words hang for a minute. ?I?m sorry, Master Jinn, but if what you felt was real and not just an echo in the Force, how is it no other felt such a massive disturbance. No Master on this Council sensed any such thing.?

Qui-Gon balled his hands into tight fists to prevent himself from trembling. ?Because, with respect, this Council has become nothing more than a gathering of blind fools.? He ignored the collective shock around him. He didn?t care right now. ?You don?t know how to listen any longer, hobbled as you are by your narrow mindedness.?

?Master Jinn!? Now there was a bite of anger in Mace?s measured tone. ?If you think--?

?Enough. Silent you both will be!? The command stopped them all in their tracks, edged as it was with quiet steel. Qui-Gon turned to Yoda, who had sat quiet and pensive up till now. He had no idea what the ancient Master was thinking. But he would fight him too if he had to.

Yoda seemed to sense his thoughts and gave him a piercing stare. ?Respect for this Council you will have, Qui-Gon,? he said, before turning to Mace. ?Achieve nothing, this bickering does. Going Master Jinn is, whether we grant permission or not.? Here he cast Qui-Gon another level stare. ?Give him what he needs, we might as well. Keep him out of more trouble, it might.?

Awesome post! =D=

2. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I was so glad to come back to an update for this incredible story...all I can say is WOW! Great post, great characterizations, do I need to go on?

3. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Oh my goodness!! Wonderful job, Glenstorm!! This story is so gripping! I started it two days ago, and it's the only thing I've read since! Lunch break has hardly enough time. :D

But now I'm caught up and I would like to add to the general clamor. Please post more soon!

On a literary note, I must say that your characterizations are spot on, especially Qui-Gon. And Kyan is very cute. He adds just the right amount of cheeriness to the fic. Keep up the great work! =D=

Oh, and please add me to the PM list. Thanks!

~Celeste

4. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Please update soon

5. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Thanks everyone! [:D] Just to let you know that the next chapter is half complete and on the way. I won't make you wait so long this time :) [face_blush]

And I'd like to give a big welcome to CelseteAntola on my PM list :D

And a belated, thank you, thank you, thank you for the noms and the subsequent qualifications. You've made my summer [face_dancing]

6. foxsolo

foxsolo Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
  7. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    Very nicely done. Glad that I refound it! Please update soon.
    I´m new here so, Please add me to said PM list.

8. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    update please!!![face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

9. moviegeek03

moviegeek03 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2009
    OK, just sat here and read the whole story when I should have been studying...But it was definitely worth it!! WOW! This story is so incredible. You have the ability to make it so heart wrenching yet warm. I applaud that. =D=
    I really hope that you will update soon. I patiently await more. [face_batting]

10. Alikhar

Alikhar Jedi Master

Aug 6, 2004
    Great work... here i am, in my work, at night, 05.07 am reading this story and i love...
    up please... Poor Obi... Poor Qui...

11. foxsolo

foxsolo Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I just re-read it all again... so I had to bump it [face_whistling][face_dancing]:cool:[face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.