main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The-Gap

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Now there have been several threads discussing the Sw Saga in sequence. My question is about the gap between ep3 and Anh. Do you think it will be weird going from digital picture and all of todays technological availabilities to the limited technonlogy in Anh?

2. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I've thought about this. I think one way of tying them together is looking at it like that things went backwards during the repressive empire. Technology developed slowly and things fell into disrepair (other than imperial technology and equipment). The PT could be looked at as a more civilised age w/ great development and innovation (like the Rennaissance). WHile the OT is a more repressive era where things went stagnant, disrepair and backwards (like in Medieval Europe)

3. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

Jan 28, 2003
    Could they possibly show this in ep3?

4. The_Deal_Alterer

The_Deal_Alterer Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    If the Archival Edition is indeed due to be released, then the transition will be flawless. They're going to clean it up and add effects to the point that we'll really believe that it's been made in the modern era.

Although the AE is still only a rumor at the present time.

5. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

Jan 28, 2003
    but if they did do that it should really make the transition not really seem like a transition

6. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    "Could they possibly show this in ep3?"

All they really have to show is the Seperatists being completely obliterated. With the end of the Trade Federation, the Commerce Guild, and other big corporations, Palpatine will be able to convince the galaxy they need him to stay in power for life, so that he can repair and rebuild the ruined Republic, now known as the Empire. He'll convince them they need him to take all matters into his own hands, without any questioning from others.

This should effectively get the point across that the galaxy is in ruin, and the millenia(?)-old-corporations and organizations that have made it run smoothly for so long are gone.

With that being said, the special effects do need to be touched-up to be more realistic. However, they really don't need to add any or change the style of what we already have, because as I've already said, Ep. III should provide an excellent explanation for that.

7. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Its a known fact ep3 has alot of pressure and responsiblity to bridge the gap.but I think GL will do fine. as far as thie so called AE or UE of the films, I can only hope this happens. but that has not been confirmed yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.