main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more years!

3. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more!

OOC The GAW V Emergence OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Corellian_Outrider , Jun 4, 2017.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Curator: Art&RPF | Oceania RSA | CR NSW star 5 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya everyone.

Welcome to the GAW V Emergence OOC thread.

Discussions, questions, updates and anything in between pertaining to the Galaxy At War: Episode V: Emergence game and the GAW series in general shall be held here.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Curator: Art&RPF | Oceania RSA | CR NSW star 5 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    The hours are getting closer before the Reception starts. Still time to attend. I hope everyone has their evening attire all set. Just a few more threads to tie and it'll kick off.

For those that aren't sure, it is being held at the Senate Building on Coruscant. If there are any queries, always welcome to ask.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Happy Anniversary everyone!!

This series has officially been running for 14 years now… hard to believe it has been that long. I want to thank everyone who has been a part of it and also to those who are continuing to add to its legacy.

Of course, 14 years is a long time and can be hard to keep track of all the various threads, event, and altered from canon story arcs. Additionally, the truncation of many original posts from the previous episodes is a further confusing issue. The good news, however, is that there is a backup of everything that came before, so the history is preserved. With the scale of it all, there is a timeline project in the works to make it easier for everyone. It will be added to the Library thread over a period of time.

For now, in the game, the Reception is finally starting.

The Imperial Royalty and their entourage are boarding their transports and en route to the Galactic Senate Building where the event is being held. For arriving guests, there is a red carpet to follow through to the entrance. It is a festive atmosphere with crowds on the sidelines of the path and the media coverage and interviews, as well.
    At various points along the red carpet, select members of the media will be allowed a brief word or two with the guests if the guests so desire.

I hope everyone will have a great time at this event. This is a chance for characters to be brought together, interact and mingle. Have fun.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  4. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2004
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It's great to see you, KD! I hope you are keeping well :)

6. Jerjerrod-Lennox

Jerjerrod-Lennox Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Been looking forward to this for a long time, time to do some hobnobbing:D

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Only Imperial characters, or all sides?

Hello everyone, and well done for achieving fourteen years!

=D=

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you.

The reception is more Imperial based given the nature of it and location and also where the most of our active cast of characters are located. Leaders from other worlds, Politicians, Admiralty, Celebrities and so forth who are vetted and invited to attend.

9. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Doing great, thanks, CO. I'll look forward to the start of the reception and should be able to post when it happens.

Congrats again to everyone.

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, in the game, the reception is starting.

Interesting idea to have the entire game be the reception.

In the rules, what does "Permission before statement" mean? Couldn't see it on the library thread.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am working on the arrival for some character and should be ready soon.

The "Permission before statement" is connected to 'No God-modding'

No God mode-ing – You may not “control” the actions and outcomes of characters other than your own without the express permission of the character’s author in which case, both you and the other writer must post a statement via PM to that effect to the GM.

No creation and/or assuming of super-technologies, abilities, or weapons beyond the reasonable scope of your character. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis upon discussion with the GM.

I hope that clarifies things.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you @LadyZaraMarta for adding Hsur 'The Voice of the Galaxy' Hgubmil :) I've added him to the current cast of characters in the Library thread. I think I've got everyone's character thus far…

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Kalio_Dynkos likes this.
  13. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Hi CO! Congratulations again ! My apologies for saying in my character sheet at the top/bottom OCC instead of OOC....whoops!
    A question….does a minor character who may appear twice perhaps 3 times need a character sheet? Thanks!

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you LZM!

If it is a minor role for a handful of times then no need. If it is a supporting character with a reoccurring role then they will do. If it is part of a team… then the lead characters will and a brief one for each other member… I hope that helps. :)

They all will eventually end up on the cast list as will the legacy characters from previous instalments.

15. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    What's up pimples??? I mean people! Amazing that this has lasted this long. Goes to show you the quality of people that have contributed characters and solid stories. I'll see if I can get involved again. Anyone have the cliff notes on the last 14 years? :cool: 9 appointments today so I will see what I can do.

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It would be great for you to return. Always welcome to kept the Empire on their toes :p For a recap, will try and get something together for you. If you need any assistance, always happy to help out. That goes for everyone else.

We also have to do something to celebrate the 15th Anniversary next May too.

Ominous likes this.