main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gentlemen's Writing Guild

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SkalenFehl, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    Exams are just evil.

I agree. Let's abolish the whole system.

2. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    That'll work!!

3. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Woohoo! Finished chapter ten of my work in progress, "Of Loss and Love". Some angst, mostly humor in this chapter.

*Heads over to the Saga forums to post the new chapter.*

Hey someone left the fridge door open! *snaps fingers* I got it! Needed and ice cold lemonade anyway. :D

4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Chapter 10? Awesome, good job Skalen. :D

I've written 32 chapters so far for my biggest fic(that also happens to be the only one that's not pure humor). :D Took me forever. lol But, not finished with it yet.

And my readers have only seen 29 of those chapters as of now. [face_mischief]

5. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    32 chapters? Dang! *snaps fingers to make a couch appear in front of me, on which to fall as I faint* That's awesome!

By the way, am I the only one having problems navigating the forums? Seems I sometimes end up on the new main page of theforce.net when I try jumping to another fanfic forum.

6. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I know, it's doing that to all of us. You have to click on the thing in the upper left of the screen that says 'forums and navigate from there.

7. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I got permission from Dana to post Her Ghost in the Fog. With only one small edit!

Its in Beyond the Saga if you wat to read it.

8. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Commented.

9. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Good morning gents!

I've been thinking about issuing a challenge for December as a bit of a trial run for the coming year. It would be a short vignette and I'd announce the winner here at the end of the month. This would also give me an idea of how many here will be taking an active interest in the guild.

Okay gentlemen, sound off. I'll give this a day or two before making the big decision, but chances are I'll do it anyway. So pending feedback I'll announce it by Friday evening. If you don't have time to work out a story but do have some time to spare to help me judge, that would be great too.

In the spirit of the tv series, "Who's line is it anyway?" I'll award 1,000 points to each guy who participates. Of course the points don't mean anything but who cares? :p

10. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Count me in one way or another. If I get a good idea from the challenge, I'll write. If not, I'm more than willing to help judge. I still get the 1,000 points either way, right? :p

11. CommanderConrad

Jan 30, 2003
    How can I pass up 1,000 points?

12. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    *Non American*

What's "Who's line is it anyway?"

13. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    I'm willing to judge....

Bah finals!

I hate how all my grades depend on how good I do on 2 to 3 tests... :(

The system is going down! :D

14. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Woohoo! A thousand points to Jedi_BMK, CommanderConrad, and Imperial_Hammer.

Conrad, would you like to judge or take part in the challenge? Hammer, thank you for offering to help judge.

Cobranaconda, the tv show features stand up comics performing "improv" skits before a live audience for points. It's hilarious and I believe the show first originated somewhere in Britain...I think.

Anyone know where the show originated? I know Drew Carrey hosts the newer American version but I've seen the original version with a British fellow and stand up comics.

Anyway, who else wants to participate in the challenge. Chime in by tomorrow night please. This will be a fun one. :D

15. CommanderConrad

Jan 30, 2003
    I'd like to participate, if I could. And, yeah, Who's Line started in England.

16. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Hmm... blindly signing up for a challenge before we know what it is.

Count me in.

For those that asked... Info on "Whose Line"

17. Anakins-Angel-Padme

Anakins-Angel-Padme Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Sorry I haven't posted in 3 days. Too busy.

*tucks hair into cap, shoves pillow in shirt to hide womanly aspects, puts on baggy clothes and saunters in with manly gait*

Can I stay? Please? [face_pray]

Actually I'm surprised most men in here are so prejudiced against females posting here. ;) :p

@};-

18. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    2000 points to Arin_Atona for that link.

Anakins-Angel-Padme, welcome! *snaps fingers and a pedicure station station appears* You can hang your cap up and put the pillows back. Relax and enjoy.

CommanderConrad, you are more than welcome to participate. Thanks for stepping in.

I think this will be a fun challenge. I will say that this challenge will test your creativity, gentlemen, so warm up those right sides of your brains!

Need more sign-ups! *polishes the prototype GWG Award Cup* Nice and shiny. :D

19. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Actually I'm surprised most men in here are so prejudiced against females posting here. ;) :p

Well... you ladies smell better than they do... so I don't mind if you hang with us ;)

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I don't care if women hang out here either. :p

No do challenge, sorry. :( I got enough to work on as it is and I got other things to do as well. :_|

21. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Elu, you hang out enough with us ladies already. :p

Hello to all you other boys in here!

:Targeter:

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Elu, you hang out enough with us ladies already.

Exactly. :p

23. lazykbys

lazykbys Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Signing up for the challenge.

. . . um, what's it gonna be about?

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Does it count if people always *think* you're a guy here? I swear, not a week goes by that someone doesn't call me 'he' :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

25. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    can girls participate, or help vote or something...? apart from the comments we will obviously make....hehehe

*snaps fingers & a spread of brownies, candy, & all kinds of goodies appears* yes, this is a bribe :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.