main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Getting To Know You Thread... Answer a Question Ask a Question Game!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threepiyoda

threepiyoda Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Funniest part? I liked "lost a planet, master obi-wan has. How embarassing." I also laughed after Yoda finished his lightsaber duel with Dooku, picked up his cane and began to hobble away.

Next: Do you like C-3PO? Because I love the guy, and was quite shocked to find out that people thought he was more annoying than Jar-Jar.

2. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I love C3PO! He is a bit of a goof, but ... good for a laugh, plus the perfect foil for R2. :)
    More annoying than Jar Jar... the shame :(

Next question: Did AOTC meet, exceed or fail to meet your expectations?

3. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    AOTC absolutely exceeded my expectations.

Next question: If there was one thing you could change about your computer, what would it be?

Mine would have to be a broadband net connection.

4. Cruelt-Kan-Lamech

Cruelt-Kan-Lamech Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    If I could change my computer, I would be able to play PC games but keep it a Mac.

My question: If you could change one aspect of the Star Wars universe, or remove entirely, what would it be?

Me, I would change the fact that the Stormtroopers fell so eaisily to the horrible and obiously highly effective stone&stick onslaught of the terrible Ewok menace. I mean really. Sticks?
    What, was this the new wave of armour with the all-spike lining? It's a wonder anyone respected the Empire if there troops could be defeated by midgets in loincloths weilding sticks. My granma wrestles midgets with sticks bigger than those.

No offense to any reall midgets with sticks.

5. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I agree with you Cruelt-Kan-Lamech, it's hard to think of Stomtroopers as an type of real threat when a bunch of teddy bears beat them up with sticks! [face_laugh] :p

Q - Of the SW movies out so far, which one is your favorite, and why?

6. E7L2

E7L2 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    I WAS ABOUT 10 WHEN I SAW EMPIRE WITH MY DAD @ THE DEDHAM CINEMA. I THINK THE HOTH BATTLE WAS THE BEST PART OF THE MOVIE.

WHAT DISTURBS ME THOUGH IS THAT I HAVE NO MEMORY OF SEEING STAR WARS ANH AT ALL IN THE THEATER. MY FIRST MEMORY OF STAR WARS WAS GETTING THE DAGOBAH PLAYSET.

7. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Yes, I would say Empire is my favorite as well. Not only is it an exciting movie (Hoth battle, lightsaber fight etc.) but it is also a very deep film. It has many religious and philosophical themes that I enjoy...

For the next poster:

Are you going spoiler free for Episode III?

I can't decide. I want to... but 3 years is such a long time. I don't know if I can wait that long... :eek:

***Senoj***

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I will be :)

What made you register on the boards?

¤Night

9. Cruelt-Kan-Lamech

May 19, 2002
    I decided to join this council because it was the first online community I discovered that actuall promoted treating everyone with respect and looked down on eliteism. I am very impressed, it took me three years of admittedly sparse internet surfing to find anyone this friendly not trying to find a quick cyber date.

oh yeah, plus I love starwars and could not belive my luck in finding others who loved to discuss it, with the previously mentioned benifits.

Question:
    After seeing Episode II, are you beging to feel as upset, (not angry nor betrayed or anything) seeing Anakin's fall as I am?
    We all knew what was comming just as we all can pretty much expect what's gonna happen in one way or annother in Episode III but actually seeing it done so well is making me really understand the tragedy of the whole thing. not only is Ani Vader but as Princess Leia said: She died when I was very young...She was always so Sad. Jeeze, poor Padme, tears your heart out, you know.

Ps sorry if this seems long, but after seeing it again earlier tonight, my second time, it's just so sad.
    Pss please feel free to call me 'Lamech'

10. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Lamech, I feel the same way. Many individuals hate Anakin because of his "bratty" personality. For some reason I instead feel sorry for him. I suppose it comes from knowing his fate...

I also feel sorry for Padme. I wonder exactly how she will be seperated from Anakin. Will he leave her? That would be terrible... :eek: I'll stop my thoughts now. This post is turning into an entire Ep III speculation. ;)

Who is your favorite band, composer etc? Mine is Chopin. I love most types of music, but Classical is my favorite. :)

***Senoj***

11. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Enya. Enya rules.... :)

Who's your favourite Bounty Hunter?

12. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    4-LOM. I'm not really sure why, but I've always just really like that droid for some reason. :p

Q - Do you think there should be more different coloured lightsabers, or are you happy with just blue, green, red, and now purple?

Me? I'd love to see an orange lightsaber in Episode III! :D

13. mt1881

mt1881 Jedi Youngling star 7

Aug 14, 2000
    Go for a skittle effect! :p

Hey Neck. ;)

Q: If you had a chance to spend quality time with Padme, would you?

[face_laugh]

14. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    Howdy mt! :D

I think I'll let this face answer this question for me - [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] :p ;)

Q - Since this post has been so filled with faces, I might as well make my question about them as well: Which of the JC faces is your favorite, which one is your least favorite?

15. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    fave - :D

least: [face_plain]

¤Night

16. Jagged_edge

Jagged_edge Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    I read heeps of these posts last night waiting for my password and then the rest tonight and what happens??? Get to the end and no-one left me a question so i guess i'll answer the last one too.

I like the mischief [face_mischief] and confused ?[face_plain] i'm sure no-one likes to see the sad :(

My mates have another forum that has a gimpy face (leather mask and zip across the mouth) that is well cool

Who do you think has put on the best acting performance in the films so far?

I'd have to go for Peter Cushing

17. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    oops sorry about that! i have no idea about acting, why don't you: vvvvvvvv answer it

¤Night

18. Cruelt-Kan-Lamech

May 19, 2002
    acting, eh... I would debatably say Frank Oz, I mean the guy has done puppetry for what, three movies and just voice acting for one (and the others as a voice actor) and yet everyone in the world mutually respects a non existant entity. That's acting. Not to mention even if someone out there dosen't even particuarly like Yoda, they think of him as a real character, not just a special effect. Even bringing up that he's non-existant seems like some sort of blaspheme.

For my question, and please take it seriously, I really want to know...

Jar Jar: yeah or neigh?

In my opinion Jar Jar is just as valid as any other character. Sure he talks funny and is a clumsy buffoon but he really tries and is a very good person. Without being to much of a spoiler (if that's even possible at this date) espcially after Epp II and seeing how he tried to do good so everyone would be proud of him and how that will turn out makes him very sympathetic and tragic in my eyes...

19. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    *groan*

I would have to say "Nay" on Jar Jar.......for the simple reason that I find his dialect hard to understand, and I think that is a serious flaw for such a major character. Just my two pence. ;)

What is your favorite thing about the JC?

20. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Finding new people who have the same interests as myself.

JarJar: Movies (IMO) are just stoires of life or what life might be like. In real life not everyone is liked or can be totally under stood when they speak. Perfect examply: Have you ever heard James Brown sing or Mike Tyson talk? :)

Question: Why is it every time I walk into the bank, the teller looks at me like I'm the one who robbed them last week. errr..ahh...

If you had a lightsaber, what color blade would you have?

21. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    A deep blue.

Question: Which would you rather have: a lightsaber or an X-wing?

22. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    oooooh dang that's a yough one.

If it came with an astromech, flight suit, and an unlimited supply of fuel: X-Wing

otherwise a lightsaber.

Which would you rather have a lightsaber or an X-Wing? I'm doing it again cause it's a really good question :)

¤Night

23. Cruelt-Kan-Lamech

May 19, 2002
    Lightsaber. Not that I would really get much use out of it, but to have the technology be real...wow.
    I don't really have much use for an X wing that i don't mind using a plane for.
    Oh and my Saber would be akin to a blacklight. You know Deep purple.

Wich droid looked the coolest?
    alternately; wich droid is your favorite?

For some reason I really got a thing for that Gonk droid form Epp IV, cute little bugger. Glad he was in the Playstation game Starwars Demolitions

24. Jagged_edge

Jagged_edge Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    It's the boring obvious choice for me as you've gotta love R2. But given that he's closely ran by Corran's droid whistler from the EU.

Well since I just expanded my collection with a few more figural mugs, one of Jango and another of a clone trooper I'll ask

Do you collect anything relating to the movies?

Good answer about the acting by the way cruelt. i never considered Oz

25. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    I'll say I "collect" autographs, although i only have 5 and all from one convention.

Who do you think was stronger: Mace or Yoda.

¤Night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.