main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Girl who Would be Queen - the Diary of Layne Djo-Solo - Completed Jan 14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 40 - Truth Revealed

Fortunately for my brother, Jarid has been proven not to be the father of that woman's child. Thankfully, with her dismissal from the palace, things have begun returning to normal. Jarid and Jysella have met with my parents - as if there was any doubt to father's blessing - and obtained an enthusiastic reply. I know - I heard it thought the door to their chambers as I passed. My brother went so far as to request I paint Jysella's portrait for him; in miniature.

I humor him, for Jarid has been a fountain of information on Cyris and ample help in discovering what ails my sister's spurned potential husband. That, and I would do much to ensure Jarid's continued happiness. It is with delight I have watched them - though it is quite uncomfortable at times - go about the palace in their own world. Jysella, thankfully, challenges him to reckless stunts far more than he challenges her. And Jarid, to my extreme surprise, has often turned down those challenges.

Or thought of his own less dangerous ones. Perhaps the responsibility of knowing he and Jysella are to be married has mellowed him. It is for certain he does not notice other women be it when he is with or without her. The amusement for we around him is tangible for women often throw themselves at him now and he does not so much as bat an eye. For my brother - who loves women of all shapes and sizes - it is only more proof that he is in fact smitten with his intended.

It is not such a bad thing.

My brother deserves his happiness and the sacrifice he made to obtain it would have been belittled if things had not turned out as they did. It would have been tragic for him to lose so much to gain little in return. Fortunately that tragedy was averted and things are as they should be.

I hope they will stay that way.

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Law and Order, huh? I bet you're missing the new episodes. And that show hasn't been the same since Jerry Orbach left.

Jacen's back? Wonder if he calmed down.

So she's learning that what she thinks she wants isn't always what she really wants.

for a whipped and beaten consort is not one I would ever find pleasure in
    Unless she's the one doing the whipping. [face_laugh]

I bet that woman is feeling like a complete fool right about now.

So Jarid and Jysella are getting married. At least they don't have to worry about their respective fathers bickering.

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    so Jarid's no longer womanizing

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    My brother deserves his happiness and the sacrifice he made to obtain it would have been belittled if things had not turned out as they did. It would have been tragic for him to lose so much to gain little in return. Fortunately that tragedy was averted and things are as they should be.

So she DOES have heart! :p

=D=

5. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    He was obsequiousness in itself. He begged my forgiveness, did not once look me in the eye and prostrated himself before me.

I have never felt so sick in my life - not even when Tana married Gidden!

What is wrong with me?

Ah. Aha. ;) [face_whistling]

I, Layne Djo-Solo, the Chume'Da who wanted the perfect male specimen who not only appealed to me physically but to my pride as well. And now that I have it, I find that it is not at all what I wanted.

I'm glad to see Layne finally admit to herself that she might be wrong about what qualities are truly valuable in a man. Let's hope she does something about it before she loses her chance. [face_plain]

Fortunately for my brother, Jarid has been proven not to be the father of that woman's child.

YES! [face_dancing]

It is for certain he does not notice other women be it when he is with or without her. The amusement for we around him is tangible for women often throw themselves at him now and he does not so much as bat an eye. For my brother - who loves women of all shapes and sizes - it is only more proof that he is in fact smitten with his intended.

It is not such a bad thing.

Indeed not. [face_love] Jysella tamed herself a playboy. ;)

Uh-oh. Famous last words? [face_worried]

6. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    JediAlly ? Nah, I do watch the new stuff, but Jerry Orbach was the best cop ever on that show. Hands down.

Jacen's back? Wonder if he calmed down.

LOL I think he would have had to or Tenel Ka wouldn?t have welcomed him home ;)

So she's learning that what she thinks she wants isn't always what she really wants.

Don?t we all at that age or older? It?s amazing what the imaginings of youth put in our minds and we only realize later it?s not quite reality...

SilSolo ? Nope. Jarid?s been tamed. I can just picture Jys if he tried lol!

VaderLVR64 ? Indeed she does. And it?s thawing more and more every day.

Emerald_Lady ? Ack! Tenek ka Quote! :D Awesome :D

I'm glad to see Layne finally admit to herself that she might be wrong about what qualities are truly valuable in a man. Let's hope she does something about it before she loses her chance.

Or pushes to make her chance ;) She can be very determined if she decides it?s what she really wants.

Jysella tamed herself a playboy.

*laughs* Indeed she did :D

Uh-oh. Famous last words? [face_worried]

Nah, nothing like that. Jarid deserves to get the girl *grin*

Thanks for reading guys [:D] I've finished writing it, so I'll be posting in threes until it's all there :)

[b]Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 41 - The Cyris Problem[/b]

I have spoken with mother, who was very little help, but help none the less. It was more than I had before.

Cyris, it would appear, is under pressure from his mother. I shamed her when I publically dismissed Cyris' suit and she made him pay for it. His attitude is likely my fault, indirectly, because he is at the mercy of his parent.

My grandfather Isolder was more helpful than mother.

As a male, he was subject to the same abuses that Cyris is now subjected to in his home. My grandfather was able to shed a unique perspective on the matter, and was adamant that my attitude towards Cyris' mother would be reflected in her treatment of him.

I find myself once again in a tangle, diary, for I cannot stand his mother. She is conceited, arrogant, and pompous and fancies herself to be an equal to the Djo house.

Perhaps it is because of father's rank as mother's husband - and not consort. Perhaps it is that she is descendant of an ex-Consort to my great, great grandmother. One who, thankfully, bore no offspring. Perhaps it is because I encouraged Cyris' interest in Tana which would have elevated her status to in-law with the Royal family.

Whatever the reason, I cannot stand her and am now being counseled to do just that.

Is Cyris worth it? Is this truly that which I wish? If Cyris' friendship with me so important that I am willing to swallow my pride and abide his mother for a few social calls? I do not know, diary. I only know this. I cannot bear the memory of Cyris' resigned expression during our last conversation. Of his simple and agreeable answers. Of his deference to me in everything, including the way I know he does not like his drink.

And because of this, I know only this truth: I intend to try.

7. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 42 - Penance

This is surely penance for my previous behavior, for if I am not a saint, I soon will be. Cyris' mother is insufferable - the woman would try... would try Master Skywalker's patience! Or perhaps Grandma Leia's. She is a serpent in human form and one that has no interest in the well being of her son.

I spent the better part of today sipping acidic tea in a stuffy room listening to this woman drone on and on about her family's illustrious history and almost-tie to my own. I heard about the disgrace of her sister in being caught and sold as a harem slave, of the miscarriage she'd had upon hearing the news and how her son was her only living heir. She came near tears - tears! - as she described what an awful responsibility it was to have a mere male as her heir.

And she meant not a word of it.

I should not be surprised, but I am.

How can a mother be so uncaring to the needs of her son? Especially when that son is an intelligent, diligent and worldly man such as Cyris? How can his own mother not see that he is witty and sharp and instead call him a bore and a disgrace. Instead of marking on his past friendship with me, she laments not forcing him to offer for Tana sooner.

Forcing!

I held my tongue, only barely, and wanted to simply lock her in the palace dungeon and throw away the key. How dare she speak of Cyris like that? How dare she imply he is something less than perfect? The only thing she found at all to be in his favor were his passable looks. Passable! The man is an Adonis in a group of beauties, a shimmering star among diamonds and glitters more brightly - and more honestly - than any false beauty I have ever seen.

Perhaps the next time I shall tell his mother that.

No. I think perhaps I shall tell Cyris that. His mother is beneath me and he is the only part of that family I wish to be involved with. Yes, that is what I shall do. Perhaps when he sees how much I value his integrity and honesty - his willingness to argue with me - he will give up this notion of subservience. It is unattractive and only diminishes him. I simply have to get him to see it... somehow.

[b]Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 43 - Allana[/b]

She has done it!

Allana has done the unthinkable and landed the leading role as our mother in the holo-biography depicting her rise to Queen Mother and quest to reform Hapes - starting with the Royal Family. Not only has Allana landed the leading role, but she has used her [i]influence[/i] to obtain writing credit. Allana had employed mother's bodyguard and friend Jana to assist her in the re-write of the script.

Thankfully the studio has agreed to the changes - of course they could not have done otherwise with mother threatening to ruin the company with slander charges.

It does my heart good to see Allana not only excelling in her chosen field, but attempting to set the record straight about mother and father's romance at the same time.

To my knowledge the holo-biography will begin with grandmother Teneniel's death and expand from there. Mother has shown a marked interest in this particular venture and both she and father will likely be involved to correct errors and bicker over the facts as they each saw them. That they have joined Allana's project, not only as consultants, but by showing such support of her career, means much to my little sister.

The only down side to this whole venture is that they will be unable to film on Yuuzhan'tar where father went with mother after kidnapping her. It will be interesting to see how they recreate the events that led from her disappearance to their eventual marriage and rediscovery as a married couple. The biography, to my understanding, ends with the birth of us triplets.

I am very curious to see how the influences of those involved at the time will affect the outcome of the holo-film itself. Allana has been doing herself proud and I do not know how I ever doubted her. Whatever the outcome of this holo-drama, I am confident it will not be the last for

8. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    As for your remark that Jarid's been tamed, I bet Jysella did it in a way worthy of a Hapan.[face_laugh]

Oh, terrific. It seems Cyris' mother is just as bad as Ta'a Chume was.

So Layne's starting to become more and more like her mother and maternal grandmother. One major flaw - Cyris' mother possibly being her future mother-in-law. <SHUDDERS!!!> Teneniel would have sympathized with her.

So Allana's making her acting debut. It'll be interesting to see how she fares. As for recreating Yuuzhan'tar, maybe they could call in some Vong shapers for effects, but I don't think that's a good idea.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    It was so nice to read such a long update on this one! :D

This is surely penance for my previous behavior, for if I am not a saint, I soon will be. Cyris' mother is insufferable - the woman would try... would try Master Skywalker's patience! Or perhaps Grandma Leia's. She is a serpent in human form and one that has no interest in the well being of her son.

Of course, you got me right at the start! :p

=D=

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    A Hapan woman sold as a harem slave? Disgusting. but nice post

11. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    JediAlly ? LOL! Of course Jys tamed Jaris in a fashion worthy of a Hapan! He would likely haven?t accepted anything less *grin*

Oh, terrific. It seems Cyris' mother is just as bad as Ta'a Chume was.

Oh worse, much worse...

So Layne's starting to become more and more like her mother and maternal grandmother. One major flaw - Cyris' mother possibly being her future mother-in-law. <SHUDDERS!!!> Teneniel would have sympathized with her.

Ah, and so will Tenel Ka. It?s two against one ? and Layne doesn?t -always- have to see her mother-in-law? she can banish her to a dungeon or something if she starts to cause trouble *laughs*

As for recreating Yuuzhan'tar, maybe they could call in some Vong shapers for effects, but I don't think that's a good idea.

*snicker* That would be priceless!
    VaderLVR64 ? Long updates will be the norm from here on out until it?s all posted! Glad you enjoyed it!

SilSolo ? Indeed. Who?d have thunk a Hapan woman would be a harem slave? But then, they were founded by slavers and pirates and cutthroats, so it?s not all that far off the mark.

[b]Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 44 - Two Steps Forward...[/b]

It would seem that I am making progress.

I had the misfortune of meeting Cyris' mother once again today, this time during a public luncheon, and I made a point of sitting with her. To my dismay, she quickly ensured everyone present was aware of the fact. Not overtly of course, but she did make a point of sharing a few words with everyone who passed the table and ensuring I was included. To make matters worse, she spoke very highly of me and nothing of her son. It was left to me to bring up Cyris and my approval of her decision to see that he was returned to the palace. If her answer had been any more snide, I do not know what I would have done, but I would not have been held responsible for my actions.

I was able, by some small miracle, to avoid scratching her eyes out for the duration of the afternoon. I despise the woman.

Fortunately, Cyris was waiting for me upon my return and - upon seeing my mood - set out my paints. The evening more than made up for the afternoon, as Cyris has always been my favorite subject to paint. This time was no exception, especially as he was required to hold still for an extended length of time and simply allow me my say. That he did not move to defend his mother in any form did much to re-establish my equilibrium.

He left me without saying much; however, I did persuade him to rejoin me for the morning meal. I should like, very much to have his company tomorrow. Just he and I.

Father will likely have a coronary on the spot for me to do something so daring, but I do not care. It is high time Cyris understand what it is about his presence that draws me so - and return to it. I want no more of this simpering fool who dances attendance on me. Today I was given a glimpse of the Cyris I yearn for, the one who truly understands my moods, and I find another day without him is too much.

Enough is enough.

12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 45 - Cyris' Mother

I have had it, diary. Had it.

Cyris' mother is pushing him into something he is not yet ready for - as indicated by his continued resistance to my insistence that he question me - and was sent this morning with a proposal to match Cyris and myself.

While I am not adverse to the proposal - in fact it is my ultimate goal - I have no wish to take Cyris as my Consort while he is such a subservient male. He would not keep my attentions despite my affection for him, nor would he be capable of fending off those who would challenge his right to that particularly coveted position.

I am not being immodest to say that I am frequently courted by hopeful mothers who wish to have their sons as either primary Consort, or a part of the harem that is the legacy of my mother's grandmother's days. They seem under the impression that I will take multiple lovers and quickly be bored.

How wrong they are and how shocked they would be if they knew it!

I digress.

I was trying to decide what to do about Cyris' mother. My own mother has approached me with concerns to Cyris and his parent, especially the controlling attitude the other woman as adopted. I must find some way to break her hold. Not only for a moment, but for good. I admit to having contemplated a stay in the dungeon, however, I do not know if Cyris would continue to speak with me should something unforeseen happen to his mother. It is not uncommon, you know, for people to go missing and never be heard from again.

I would ask his opinion, but he has not changed his attitude, nor his obsequious attitude. I do not know how much more of it I can stomach before I shall snap.

As for Cyris' mother... I do believe a visit by Scruffy may have the effect I desire. Scruffy is not a diplomatic person and her words will not be misconstrued.

Yes. That will do nicely. Hopefully it will prevent further bullying of Cyris so I can continue my quest to retrieve the man I truly wish to spend time with from within him.

Hopefully.

[b]Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 46 - Reconciliation[/b]

Tana and Gidden have come to visit and Tana has never looked as radiant as she does now! They did not tell me I am due to become an aunt sometime in the next month or two in their holo letter. I question how long they waited to announce the news; however, I do understand they wished it to be their affair for a time. Their child will be welcomed with great enthusiasm into a large family - one they perhaps wish to introduce them too slowly.

I did something I am not accustom to today, diary. It shames me to admit that it was a very difficult thing to do, but I did not falter despite the blush that climbed my cheeks or the stunned look on Tana and Gidden's faces.

I apologized to them.

That is correct. I have chosen that I wish to be a true aunt to their child, someone who is willing to be there, to assist them in any way I can, and to do so I must be on good terms with his or her parents. And I no longer feel as betrayed as I did. They were right to seek one another out, no matter my feelings at the time. They were right to fight for what they wanted, to disregard the fears and prejudices of those around them and grasp for happiness.

Tana would never have been happy with Cyris - I see that now - and I would have been miserable watching them.

Gidden, thankfully, accepted my apology with grace and aplomb - and a bear hug that almost crushed my ribs. He called me sister once more and meant it and I could do nothing but respond in kind - and felt better for it. For Gidden, despite his lack of blood tie to me, has been and always will be my older brother. That he and Tana are together is no longer an issue - I am happy for them.

I only hope they will be as happy for me if and when my designs on Cyris become public knowledge - providing I can regain what I have lost. Only time will tell.

[hr]

[b]Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 47 - Success![/b]

Scruffy has reported back to me on her discussion with Cyris' mother and, to my delig

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    So much good stuff to read! :D

Not only was Scruffy able to speak with the witch of a woman, but she delivered my message splendidly. Scruffy did look disappointed for not having to resort to violence, but Hapan nobles are known for their astuteness of the unsaid. I am certain Cyris' mother did not misconstrue my message.

I am asking that Cyris join me for the morning meal once more tomorrow. Hopefully, if all goes well, I can finally uncover the man he used to be and the one I wish to speak with.

I'm looking forward to whatever comes next! =D=

14. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I bet this is perhaps the only time Layne wished she was Force-sensitive just so she could draw on the dark side.

She's going to accept Cyris' proposal under her terms, not Cyris' mother's terms.

Her grandmother's days? Don't you mean her great-grandmother's days?

So Scruffy prefers the direct and blunt approach. Good. I bet even Han would approve of that.

So the rift between Tana/Gidden and Layne has been healed. Did that happen to Jacen as well?

She called it worthy of my grandmother in its subtleness.
    Again, I think you meant her great-grandmother

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    yeah layne! Kick that woman's butt!

16. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Wow i missed a few posts!

Great Job!

I can't wait for more!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    VaderLVR64 ? Thanks! It?s almost finished :)

JediAlly ? LOL! I bet there are many times Layne wishes she were Force sensitive ? though she?s done well without it and knows it ;)

Her grandmother's days? Don't you mean her great-grandmother's days?

Whoops! Thanks for that catch. I sometimes Forget I?m writing so far in the future.

Did that happen to Jacen as well?

Forgive and forget seems to be a theme in this family. And Layne would have made peace with her father once he returned ? only she didn?t write about it.

SilSolo ? You like Layne now do you? ;)

PHGS_Weyr ? Thank you! I had a lot of fun with this ? one more series of posts and we?re done :)

[b]Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 48 - Breakfast[/b]
    Cyris kept his promise and joined me for my morning meal. And when I say mine, I mean mine. He refused, to the point of being obstinate, to join me and gave me some drivel about it being inappropriate.

Rubbish - the man did not, or perhaps cannot, take the hint!

After that fiasco in which I ate little for his eyes on me - and my fear to voice my disapproval for fear he would return another submissive posture - I had to explain it to him in basic. Point basic in fact. I swore I would be calm, diary, but the man was so trying, so exasperating, I lost my temper!

I raged at him, making it very clear that I had no wish to see any more subservient behavior from him. The poor man could not have missed how irate I was - I practically took his head off! - though he showed little to no reaction. This is the Cyris I am now confronted with; the Cyris who willingly takes my abuse instead of questioning my reasoning.

It shames me to say it, diary, but I shouted at him, screaming direct insults on his lineage until to my amusement and delight he snapped.

Yes, diary, Cyris [i]snapped[/i]. He denounced his mother, claiming her a conniving, scheming busy-body with aspirations of having a connection to the Royal House through him. He shouted back, our voices carrying so far and so furiously into the hall that Jana - mother's personal bodyguard - came to investigate.

I waved her away with a gesture. I had no wish to interrupt Cyris' tirade for it was here that I learned many of the truths that have been kept from me. Of his mother's aspiration. His own desire not to marry Tana and the subsequent pressure placed on him by his mother to demand I honor the contract. It was here that he revealed he has no interest in a tie to the Royal House for politics or power, but as my friend - yet his mother is insisting he play the perfect subservient.

After all of this, he walked out on me. Me! And I failed to go after him. I could not. I was drained, exhausted from the emotional release and delighted at the same time.

My Cyris was back and I only hope that he will continue to express himself like that to me. It is, after all, what I want.

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 49 - Walking on Eggshells

Cyris may have expressed himself once, but unfortunately it has been an isolated incident. He seems disinclined to share my days, to share even a briefest moment of my company, and so I did something I was unwilling to do months ago.

I sent for him.

Yes, diary, that is written correctly. I swallowed my pride and sent for the man I wished to spend my time with. Mother and father leave me to my own devices and there is little for me to do beyond assist in the workings of the cluster. Unfortunately my duties have not yet been reinstated and so I am at a loss for what to do with my time. Spending it with Cyris doing nothing is preferable to spending it at pointless teas and events with people attempting to curry favor.

Cyris deigned to join me, and to my dismay the first words out of his mouth were an apology.

I could not help myself, diary, I gave him another piece of my mind. Only this time I did it rationally and calmly, to see how he would respond.

Fortunately this had the desired effect, for he was unable to resist being drawn into a debate with me and voiced several views during the fact that were very contrary to what males are trained to believe. It was gratifying to have him open up to my once more, even if I had to goad him into it.

When we parted ways this evening, shortly before the evening meal, I admit I was shocked to see how much time had passed. Fortunately he did not simply walk away this time. Instead we had an amicable parting. Unfortunately it was not the parting a part of me has been secretly hoping for.

One of these days I will drive that man to distraction and make him kiss me - really kiss me - so I finally know what all the fuss is about.

Fuss you ask? Why, the fuss Jarid makes over Jysella, or Tana makes over Gidden. I would know what it is to be kissed by the man I am in love with if it is the last thing I do!

[b]Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 50 - First Kiss[/b]

Today was magical, diary. Not only has Cyris begun reasserting himself; he told me today he intends to [i]personally[/i] see that I no longer trample all over everyone around me. That I reign in my temper - or only express it with him - and that I mind my own business. He swore to be my sounding board, to help keep me balanced and focused, and he swore to be my friend first in all things for it is in that friendship where I have found my true strengths.

To my delight he sealed his promise with a kiss. And not just any kiss, but a passionate one. I have never been kissed like that before, diary. Never, as you well know, been kissed beyond the barest dare of a brush across my lips. No boy, no [i]man[/i] has dared to venture my wrath at such a brash move.

But this... this was no fawning attempt to win my trust. This was everything that I desired it to be and more. It was a branding, claiming, furious kind of kiss my brother once told me a man uses to lay claim to a woman's heart... among other things. I certainly hope this kiss is a portent of things to come, for if all his kisses make my head spin the way this one did, I can well being nothing but content for the rest of my days.

Success! Cyris has returned and returned for good and he is mine. And I intend to keep it that way.

[hr]

[b]Layne Djo-Solo
    Entry 51 - Consort - No, Husband. Husband is better[/b]

It is tradition for the Chume'Da to select her consort only after being confirmed as Queen Mother.

I find myself disagreeing with this custom to the point where I have broken it. I have chosen my consort, my future husband and the man who will father the next generation of Hapan nobility. Cyris has deigned to forgive my mistakes and permitted me the honor of [i]asking[/i] for his commitment. He even dared to voice a condition - his sole condition where I had many.

Cyris has no wish to share me with other men.

As if I would look at another with [i]him[/i] around! I pretended to grudgingly accept his condition, when in fact I am thrilled. For I will share him with no other ei

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm sorry to see this one end. :_| But please PM me when you post a vignette about this couple, I want to see what comes next. :p

I have found who and what I am and who and what I wish to be in this past year and have chosen to accomplish those goals. I have fought for what I truly believed in and won. I have what I wished for, what I was too blind to see when it was in front of me and only realized its loss when it could no longer be mine. For I would have given up my crown, my title and my position to have regained my old Cyris.

Thankfully, that was not necessary.

I am and remain Layne Djo-Solo, Chume'Da to Hapes and future wife to Cyris. I cannot wait for my wedding!

Perfect! =D=

20. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    aww so she has feelings after all... awww this was so sweet, i'm going to miss this!

Thanks for the pm!

phgs wEYR

21. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    So Cyris snapped. Guess he got tired of bossy women ordering him around.

But it looks like it was worth it. He finally came around, and now they're getting married.

Again, you wrote grandmother when you meant great-grandmother.

Well that's going to be up to him. If he's not making her happy...

And so the story ends.

22. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Whatever the reason, I cannot stand her and am now being counseled to do just that.
    Of his deference to me in everything, including the way I know he does not like his drink.
    Perhaps the next time I shall tell his mother that.

No. I think perhaps I shall tell Cyris that.

lol Good call, I think. ;)

Thankfully the studio has agreed to the changes - of course they could not have done otherwise with mother threatening to ruin the company with slander charges.

[face_laugh]

I did something I am not accustom to today, diary. It shames me to admit that it was a very difficult thing to do, but I did not falter despite the blush that climbed my cheeks or the stunned look on Tana and Gidden's faces.

I apologized to them.

Good for Layne. =D=

Scruffy did look disappointed for not having to resort to violence, but Hapan nobles are known for their astuteness of the unsaid. I am certain Cyris' mother did not misconstrue my message.

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

Not only has Cyris begun reasserting himself; he told me today he intends to personally see that I no longer trample all over everyone around me. That I reign in my temper - or only express it with him - and that I mind my own business. He swore to be my sounding board, to help keep me balanced and focused, and he swore to be my friend first in all things for it is in that friendship where I have found my true strengths.

Excellent. He's definitely a match for her. :D

But this... this was no fawning attempt to win my trust. This was everything that I desired it to be and more. It was a branding, claiming, furious kind of kiss my brother once told me a man uses to lay claim to a woman's heart... among other things. I certainly hope this kiss is a portent of things to come, for if all his kisses make my head spin the way this one did, I can well being nothing but content for the rest of my days.

:eek: That's one heck of a kiss. [face_love]

I have chosen my consort, my future husband and the man who will father the next generation of Hapan nobility. Cyris has deigned to forgive my mistakes and permitted me the honor of asking for his commitment. He even dared to voice a condition - his sole condition where I had many.

As if I would look at another with him around! I pretended to grudgingly accept his condition, when in fact I am thrilled. For I will share him with no other either - and be sure he knows this! - and am delighted he has no wish to share me.

This is a very gratifying ending. It's good to see Layne finally growing up and swallowing her pride, and being happy. :)

Grandma Leia with be thrilled.

[face_laugh] I imagine so.

I have changed much through this year, diary. I have been forced to reevaluate opinions and ideas, to grow beyond what I was and to look beyond my narrow view of the world. I have been forced to swallow my pride, to fight for that which I truly want - after realizing that what I wanted was not what I believed I wanted - and I have reconciled with my siblings.

I have grown from the selfish, spoiled girl I now see I was into a woman who has chosen her own path.

It's been a lot of fun to watch Layne grow and become a woman. I've really enjoyed this story. =D= I can't wait for the Layne/Cyris viggie. :D

23. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    VaderLVR64 ? Thanks for reading! I?ll be sure to put up a note in here when I write that viggie :) Each triplet, apparently, needs to have their own story *laughs*

PHGS_Weyr ? Thanks! I had a lot of fun with this. Layne?s a different character than what I normally write and letting her grow through this journey was very rewarding for me as an author. Thanks for reading :)

JediAlly ? [face_doh] I did it again! Thanks for that catch! I keep forgetting I?m not writing Tenel Ka sometimes... since Layne is supposed to be modeled after her.

Can you blame Cyris for snapping? I know I?d snap in his environment *laughs*

Thanks for reading ? and for the vigilant reviews as a reader ? you?ve caught many a blunder on my part to help me correct for continuity, reminded me of things that needed to be addressed and were generally an intuitive reader. I truly appreciate it!

Emerald_Lady - *laughs* Layne has a good head on her shoulders, she just needs to use it every now and again...

Excellent. He's definitely a match for her.

Took her long enough to realize it though, didn?t it? *laughs*

That's one heck of a kiss.

Indeed. Cyris has been waiting a long time to do that so he was determined to get it right lol!

Thanks for reading, I?m glad you enjoyed it! I love your reviews, they always make me laugh, and grin and think... and I, too, am looking forward to that Cyris/Layne Vig? I just don?t yet know what I?m going to write about with them...

Thanks for being such a wonderful audience for this diary, everyone! [:D] [:D] [:D] You've all been just awesome! I had a lot of fun with this thanks, in part, to your wonderful comments that made me think. [:D]

24. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    You're welcome, Jade_Max. Any idea on what's next? And have you ever read any of my works?

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    What's next? I'm hoping to finish Tragedy in Saga, put together the Vig for Layne and Cyris - which shouldn't take me too long... I might do something more with Tana and Gidden - maybe a vig about baby; or maybe a family story about baby. Maybe J/TK on the thought of being grand parents *laughs* we'll see. I've a few ideas... nothing concrete yet.

As for reading your works - I've read and enjoyed the filler stories: Liberty & Custody and Solo Rogue Jedi only they're locked so I can't reply ;) thoroughly enjoyed them though - you've got a knack with Corran and the Rogues :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.