main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Great Soontir's and Glorious Chissman's comic talk shop. (ITT get yelled at by a crazy person)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Soontir-Fel, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Final Crisis: Red skies, cute. :p

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Coipel draws ugly lumpy faces. But other than that his art on Thor is sweet. And finally a book for which JMS' tendency to melodramatic speechifying and grandiloquent moralizing is actually appropriate. I think the current incarnation of Thor is fun, if overrated. I haven't actually disliked an issue yet.

Anyway. Sacred Invasion = pure fun. Herc is one of Marvel's increasing number of Holy Crap I Never Thought I'd Actually Enjoy That Title books. They've doomed Hulk to craphood by putting Loeb on board, but Pak and van Lente have made Herc one of the most fun books out there right now. Along with Ellis on Thunderbolts, Aaron on Ghost Rider, Bru and the Frac on Iron Fist, Peter David on She-Hulk, DnA on Guardians of the Galaxy . . . they've got a whole line-up of second-string characters with A-level storytelling and I'm loving it. Not to mention the awesome that is Captain America these days. Or that Iron Man is interesting for the first time in living memory. Or that the X-Men revamp looks like it's finally beginning to take shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.