main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC The Great White North Bar and Grill (an international social thread!)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rani Veko, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, Shara, I really like your profile page, especially the bio! Funny stuff!

So...who wrote it? ;)

Mike, we got in about 3 a.m. this morning from the party we attended. I'm surprised you're awake this early in the afternoon! :D

Sets up a pitcher of hangover remedy at the end of the bar for any who need it, and puts on a big pot of coffee.

Shara, if the hangover remedies don't put you back in the hospital, my coffee sure as heck will. Even cops won't drink it! ;)

Cheers,

- Rani

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    [face_laugh]

That's literally all I could fit, as you can see I had to trim it already. :p

3. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Wow, you go on vacation for a while and people begin to doubt your existence? I really have to get a clone to replace me here while I am gone.

Anyhoo, Christmas was alright, even if a little dull. Managed to remain mostly sober last night, unlike several of my friends. But it is all in the spirit of the holiday.

So yeah, just letting people know I am alive and well.

4. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    YAY!!! Alakin's back!!!!

Grabs Al in a big hug.

Happy New Year, dude!!!

- Rani

5. Saber_Caddy

Saber_Caddy Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    *wanders in for the first time out of the cold, taking a seat at the bar and ordering whatever organic beer is available*

Hmm, actually, Alankin, sometimes you don't even need to go on vacation. . . I'm pretty sure that I stared a couple of fan-forcers right in the face (on two seperate occasions) less than two weeks ago and didn't get recognized ;). . . one of them may have even been YOU (though I could just be trying to creep you out). I didn't say anything because I was really busy on both occasions, but I'm quite sure I dealt with some of you as customers. Any of you Victorians see any retail clerks who looked oddly familliar while you were out Christmas shopping this year ;)?

Hope all of your Holidays went well, and that all of your various traditions went off without a hitch.

To any Aussies: it'd be sunny there about now, wouldn't it? I'm just interested to know how that might affect your holiday celebrations. . .

-Is there a big meal tradition around Christmas time or is it generally too hot for that kind of thing?

-Does Santa drive a sleigh with reindeer despite a marked lack of snow--I've heard some talk of "six white boomers"?

-Do you have Christmas trees? Are they evergreens?

These traditions all seem to be tied into Christmas's traditional celebration as a winter festival, so I was wondering if they were any different when related to summer. . .

Just a curiosity ;).

6. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    To any Aussies: it'd be sunny there about now, wouldn't it? I'm just interested to know how that might affect your holiday celebrations. . .

Sunny? No. Hot? Yes.

-Is there a big meal tradition around Christmas time or is it generally too hot for that kind of thing?

There's some form of it for most people I know, yeah. Some people go traditional, some people go seafood, but for most of the people I know, the answer is yes.

-Does Santa drive a sleigh with reindeer despite a marked lack of snow--I've heard some talk of "six white boomers"?

Six white boomers is a song. Santa drives a sleigh with reindeer. :)

-Do you have Christmas trees? Are they evergreens?

Most people have plastic Christmas trees. For those who get real ones, I have NO IDEA what they are. ;)

7. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Well Saber Caddy, seeing as how I did no shopping in Victoria before leaving, I don't think I was one of forementioned Victory Base shoppers.

Things seemed to have been pretty quiet in my absence. The bar was fairly dead so everyone must have stayed home for X-Mas.

Umm..yeah..That is about it for now.

Oh Yeah....Happy New Years everyone.

8. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Things may have been quiet here in the B&G over the holidays, Alakin, but they sure are hopping now! I don't remember the last time I saw V-Base members this active in one 24-hour period! It's a great way to start off the new year. :)

It's good to have you, Saber_Caddy, and Qui-Dawn back and posting on here. :) Here's to a wonderful and prosperous 2003!

Cheers!

- Rani

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Jer! Al! Dawn! Sweet Light! we should have a meeting soon! :D

Jer, that shopper might have been me, I dunno: where do you work? I didn't do much shopping, but I did *some*, and I was immensely distracted so I could very easliy have given you money and not seen your face. (besides, without the Padawan braid...) :) So, you get in trouble again for any more late night film sessions? :)

Rani, I'll have a... whew, so much to choose from... I think a Vaguely Purple will do. I'm just glad to have finally gotten rid of this headache. :)

Thanks!

And thanks to Saber_Caddy for asking all those questions regarding AU Christmas. I confess I've wondered the very same things in the past. :)

Thinking of a meeting date for next weekend (not the one upcoming, the one after that...the 11/12)... depends how quickly the moving goes. Any of the Base up for something casual? I still haven't seen Two Towers, and I wouldn't mind seeing Treasure Planet again either...

*Derisa*

10. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey folks, I am back to work today but I might be working from home tomorrow...

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I forgot about the 3 hour time difference.
    I hope that all of you are doing well. It
    is great to speak to you folks and I hope to get to know more of you through 2003. I hope
    that I will get the chance to meet you in the future :)

Mike

12. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Well, I'm back. I had an okay holiday, mostly, except for one major thing. We brought my cat with us to Vancouver, and since I couldn't keep her at my grandma's house with me I entrusted her to my mom. BIG mistake. I told her four times to take the cat cage inside into an interior room before opening it and what did she do? The minute she got to the house she opened the door and let the cat outside and she hasn't been seen since, so I'm kinda broken up about it. I'm still hoping someone will be honest and look in her ID cylender and call us, as I"m sure someone has found her and is keeping such a sweet and cute, not to mention personable, cat...anyway, gimme someting with Godet, willya?

The foxy one

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Not a nice way to start off the year. I hope that you find your cat.

14. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Pours Sionnach a drink with Godet and orders a sushi assortment from the kitchen to help lift her spirits a little

I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Sionnach. :( I'm sure your mom feels pretty bad about what happened. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your cat to be reunited...

- Rani

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Rani, how are you doing...

16. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Tired, actually. I was up pretty late last night, as you can seen from my last post here. :)

Pours herself some strong coffee

How're you, Mike?

- Rani

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry Rani that it has taken me so long to reply. I am doing well. I hope that you are feeling better...

18. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    It has been a nice relaxing weekend out here...

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    But today it is back to the old grind...

20. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Pours another coffee and turns on the TV for the latest Victory Base news...

"...sunny, and 0% chance of rain, as usual, the weather is better here than anywhere else in Canada... This just in, the "Winter FanFiction Awards" held every year on the JC FanFiction forums has begun notifying authors of their nominations, and this year Victory Base's own _Derisa_Ollamhin_ has been nominated in four categories for three separate stories. More news on this as it comes in..."

Cool!!! Congratulations, Derisa!

- Rani

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    That is fantastic, Congratulations Derisa :)

22. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
  23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    good morning folks, Oh I forgot about the timezone. It is only 3:49am out there :)

24. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Not all of us are "morning people", Mike. :)

- Rani

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Well I would not be either. It is just that I am at work by 7am, 4am your time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.