main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info The Greatest Fight Scene Of All Time: A Praetorian Guard Disgushin Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: New Films Gusher's Paradise' started by TCF-1138 , Mar 24, 2018.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Move over, Duel of the Fates - there's a new king on the block.

[​IMG]

Not only are the Praeteorian Guards the coolest baddies ever (and a much needed improvement over the dull design of the Imperial Guards in the OT), their weapons are the best sci-fi weapon designs since Kylo Ren's lightsaber, totally overshadowing Maul's double bladed lightsaber, or Luke's green one (the blue, Rey's lightsaber, is still awesome though), and the fight choreography is flawless.

You can really feel the tension in that scene - hell, the entire audience where I saw it was on edge, cheering for our heroes, Rey and Kylo, while at the same time truly fearing for their lives, since everyone felt that the Praetorians were a real threat to the main characters. Never before have I experienced such an emotional response to a fightscene.

There is no doubt - the whole setpiece is genius! ^:)^

Mostly Handless and La Calavera like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It was a brilliant decision by RJ to forgo the traditional lightsaber duel this time. It was simply impossible to top the Praetorian Guard battle.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Lightsabers are overrated, except for the way they're used in TLJ.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    La Calavera, EHT, TCF-1138 and 2 others like this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, it took the fight choreography skills of Rian Johnson to finally make lightsabers something that anyone could possibly find cool.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The romantic subtext added a bit of extra sizzle, I thought.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. milena

milena Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2018
    I loved the new type of weapons the PG was using.

7. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    If you wanted Luke to join Vader briefly in that throne room then this is the closest thing we get to such a moment.

No 80 foot Force backflips over molten rock onto postage stamp moving platforms. No CG extravaganza from afar like Geonosis. No CGing Christopher Lee’s head onto a Cirque De Soleil performer.

Just 10 real humans in a room with a ton of combat skill and weapons trying to kill each other and an unlikely team-up choreographed to protection after months of practice.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  8. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I was amazing at how much Rian Johnson nailed perfectly old samurai movies and samurai fights. George Lucas tried, but he never really got it right.

-LordSkywalker- likes this.