main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Grey Way

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003

Aicurn Ihi IC:
    ~Crash Site, Decameron Alpha~

‘You have not come here to die, though death be only a door to what lies beyond. You live, and that is no coincidence. The ship. Your past. They are no more. Be calm…feel…and become something new’.

There was someone else here. Aicurn'ihi knew it. She couldn't explain it, but the young twi'lek girl could feel it? A gut feeling stronger than anything she ever knew before. An instinct of some form. But she couldn't see them. Perhaps the flames were obscuring them from view?

And again came a response. But it wasn't out loud, she realized that now. It was inside her head. Yet. Yet it wasn't frightening. It probably should be, she realized, but some reason it was not. It was in her mind, but also out. All around her. Almost as if the world itself was speaking to her, though that didn't feel quite right either.

It spoke in basic as well, like last time. Again, she understood it despite having no true knowledge of the language. The crash must have made her into some kind of genius when she wasn't looking…

Ignoring all of this for a second, she found the voice calming. Soothing. Encouragingly stoking her own inner fire to combat the ones outside. The classic war of Hope vs. Fear played out anew within her heart.

But those flames were relentless. They wanted her. To burn, to consume, to…

'Fear not the flames. They cannot harm you; not if you don’t let them. Feel it all around you, Aicurn… feel it…and awaken'.

That voice again. Her savior, the silent energy rooting for her. Her…teacher?

Her eyes looked once more at the fire ahead of her. Behind her. To the sides. Everywhere.

"Tol."

A surreal calmness fell over her, like a silk blanket, and her mind felt as sharp as ever. The heat and the fire encroached no further now, she noticed this. A resolve, as strong as the one that led to her escape onboard the slaver ship yet as still as a pond, manifested.

"Tol. Dan toyid koa jorhi cuev san."

The flames were a part of nature. No matter what people thought, nature hears. It understands all tongues. The fiery rage took in her words.

And something exploded in protest. The fire roared like it never had before, it was billowing smoke and debris high in the air. Anyone would think the worst had happened. But she felt different. Like this was the best thing to ever happen. Could ever happen.

She couldn't explain it. Aicurn didn't want to either. Not yet. She just wanted…just wanted to feel like this for as long as she could. It was enrapturing! Empowering!

Peaceful.

Her purple eyes stared straight ahead, into the swirling depths of orange-red challenging her. Hands once put into fists, lay calmly at her sides.

"Ohk vo'ae vahs dan karau, kay Do fic koa si'kitan bo you…"

She took in a deep breath. "Do ohk elan ar doc karkan duo vil Do ohk go elan ar debis tohso."

Aicurn'ihi strolled forward, her gaze unmoving.

"Dan cahsinark jid san tid kao si'user vil dan sil biylehan ar llu'an qa a'an dan cahsinark, ohk ho tiu, n'ina."

The twi'lek walked into the elements roaring before her. And she didn't look back.

What happened next was Fate.

Tag: greyjedi125

OOC: Here we are again. Translation time!

Fire.
    Fire. You can no longer touch me.
    Be angry all you want, but I have no quarrel with you…
    I am going to move forward now and I'm not going to look back.
    You will let me pass without harm and you may continue to burn what else you will, be at peace, flames.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lassin
    Underground hangar

The settlement was fairly well developed and established. The eye that the Force tugged upon drew itself to gaze upon a hangar, and so he steered the ARC-170 accordingly.

Lassin cast his senses out as he did so, a shadow drawn across reality and revealing the true nature of those by him. There were little lights, and little darknesses. As he initiated automatic landing proceedings he allowed his eyes to slit, detecting the two identities with a sense of wariness; they were waiting for him. But he also sensed darknesses which were all the more stark than the lights; individuals who had killed, leaving their distinct taste within the Force.

His hand quietly found a lightsaber.

No, he could not approach them with violence clothing him. He had to be open. As his ship came to the ground he hooked his black gem inlaid weapon on a loop of fabric under the arm of his cloak, and he slid his white sheathed blade into his thigh holster. It was too small for most weapons but snug for his hilt.

Lassin felt perception tug at him again and glanced out of the cockpit as the ship settled. A remote. Positioned to be apparent, but not too apparent. Was he being watched, or was he supposed to have seen it, so as to be reassured, rather than startled?

The Disciple of Twilight took a breath. Drawing a hand from a pocket, he wrapped an eyepatch around his right eye; the yellow one. He did not want to give the impression that he was a darksider; thus the hilt with a white casing in his holster.

The ship had barely settled on its struts before Lassin popped the cockpit and leapt free, effortlessly landing to his feet with a whisper of the Force to hand.

He eyed the two.

'I am Lassin.'

TAG: greyjedi125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Leto
    Decameron Alpha, Maintenance Hanger en route to the Oratory

At that moment, the Oratory door offered a small musical chime, announcing Leto’s presence.

“Welcome and Good day to you, Leto.” The Gardener greeted with a sage nod.

Leto returned the nod, he had gained much respect for the man since he had come to Decameron Alpha. There was a stability about him that made Leto feel safe, it was not a hard thing to trust The Gardener.

“It is always good to have you here with us.”

Leto smiled, genuinely. Here was the only place he wanted to be, and he hadn't wanted to be somewhere for a long time. It felt good to be grounded in a community once again. This one did not judge. It did not pry. Many here seemed to have a past, there was something they were running from when they found Decameron Alpha. That was true for Leto, he was sure it was true for some of the others as well.

This planet, this path, it offered a chance to stop running.

"Thank you." Was all he said, and he meant it.

He looked to the one accompanying The Gardener, he had seen him around a few times but not spoken to him as of yet. Kev-Mas was his name, or so he had been told, and a darkness hovered about him seemingly at all times. Leto knew that darkness all too well, he had once relied upon it.

No more.

He looked hard at Kev-Mas for a brief moment, as if trying to get a better sense of the man, but he could not penetrate the dark cloud.

"Well met." He said to the dark haired man with pale skin.

Tag: Darth Master Titus A Blind Prophet Kev-Mas_Colcha greyjedi125

4. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Julius Agrippa
    Decameron Alpha

Twenty some-odd years of drifting, no, hiding, was not the way to live. Julius had lost track of time. Of the days, the weeks, months, and ultimately years. Had it been twenty years since the end of the Clone Wars, or more. If he had to bet, it would more likely be around twenty-three to twenty-five.

Time did not matter anymore. Not to Julius Agrippa, at least. Now a year past forty, he is a man who has spent more than half of it in exile from the galaxy. Maybe not anymore, who knows what has happened since the Clone Wars. He was in the dark.

The controls to the shuttle began to blink and beep, alerting him that he was on a collision course with a planet. This must be his destination. Julius knew nothing of the name of the planet, nor where he was. He wasn't even sure he was heading to a planet. It was a gut feeling that brought him here. Or in other words, the Force.

He did know whatever he found here could possibly bring a new beginning. As he approached, he observed the green planet from out of the shuttle's view port. Everything looked normal, but the planet was strong in the force, that he could definitively feel.

Assuming controls of his shuttle, Julius kicked up the power to fasten his descent to the planet's surface.

Breaking the planet's atmosphere, the shuttle began to pitch and fall at an alarming rate. The Classis Romanesque began to blare its sirens and emergency signals as the shuttle spiraled out of control. Clutching the yoke, Julius pulled up as hard as he could to get the nose to level out.

Finally the turbulence died out as the shuttle was once again under control. Julius slumped over in his seat and let out a sigh of relief.

What a start.

He kept his eye out for any sign of civilization, or a clearing where he could touch down.

A short while later, a landing pad could be seen adjacent to a communication tower. This has to be it.

Once settled upon the pad, it lowered him down into a hangar where a few other ships were docked, being worked on already.

Gathering his few belongings; his two lightsabers, and his robe, Julius dropped the ramp to exit the shuttle and finally set foot upon this new planet.

Stretching his muscles after weeks in a cramped shuttle was much needed as he observed his surroundings.

He walked for a few until he almost bumped into a man, a Zabrak, who was collecting data from a combat droid.

"Julius," the Zabrak called out, oddly enough. How does he know my name..

“When you get a chance, find me. I may need you to recalibrate one of the combat sequences I wish to upload. Force be with you.”

And with that, the Zabrak was off in a rush. Julius offered a polite nod of the head accompanied with a smile as the engineer hurried off. He didn't catch his name. More like when you get a chance, find me."

He was ready to attempt recalibrating the combat droid, but the engineer was obviously not, so he needed to kill some time. Not sure what next to do, Julius walked off and explored his new...home?

greyjedi125

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Decameron Alpha
    Planet surface, Grey Sanctuary, Oratory

Kev-Mas noticed as Leto, the man who he had deemed as being of “curious ancestry” began to stare at him briefly in the same way that he had looked at him. The man was pre-occupied with the conversation that was going on at the time so it wasn’t likely that he noticed, but now Kev-Mas began to wonder. An interesting thing to think about, regardless of how pointless it was.

“Well met,” was the greeting that Leto gave to him.

Kev-Mas turned his gaze towards the man, his red cybernetic eyes glowing at him, almost as if they were red-hued floodlights of a starship enveloping Leto as he drifted in the darkness of space. Despite whether he intended it or not at this very instance, which in this instance he didn’t, it always seemed to send a chill down the spine of whoever he looked upon.

“Leto, was it?” replied Kev-Mas, extending a hand in greeting.

“The name is Kev-Mas Colcha. A couple of years ago, one might only know of me through rumors as the Crimson Dagger, but alas those days are over. Thankfully.”

The tale he told was indeed true. During his days as an Emperor’s Hand, he would strike fear into his foes with the piercing gaze of his cybernetic eyes. This gaze, which was one of the last things many of his enemies would see, piercing daggers into their hearts in an essence. It earned him the nickname of the Crimson Dagger in Imperial Circles and amongst those who feared his wrath. Commonly those two groups overlapped, as eliminating traitors amongst the Emperor’s Inner Circle was one of Kev-Mas’ most frequent assignments.

Tag: Mikaboshi , greyjedi125

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Ezzk, Icharis, Julius Agrippa, Lassin
    Grey Sanctuary, Underground Hangar

A zipping remote neared Julius andhovered next to him. When it ‘spoke’, it did so in the zabrak’s voice.

“Apologies, friend. I think a got a bit ahead of myself. Please follow this remote and join us. We are a few meters ahead; it’s not very far.”

With that, the lights on the flying remote flashed in a sequence, then proceeded to lead Julius towards the other new arrivals.

Ezzek and Lassin where already with the zabrak, just as Icharis joined the growing group.

“I trust you’ve all had a more or less, ‘uneventful’ trips here…” the horned engineer spoke in a friendly tone, his manner easy and confident.

He waited for Icharis to join them, and finally Julius.

“You have been patient so far, and I thank you for that. It is thanks to the Force that you all have been drawn here, make no mistake about that. By here, I mean Decameron Alpha. A planet largely unknown to most sentients in the galaxy.”

“I am known as Galvan. I’m also called the Engineer, but that’s not as important right now. This however…”

Galvan gestured with his hands, indicating their surroundings. The hangar, various ships and work areas.

“This hangar and other surrounding complexes are part of the Grey Sanctuary, a place where we understand and delve into the gamut of the Force itself.”

Galvan smiled, taking in the various reactions, both visually and via the force.

“I can only imagine that you have many questions. I’ll answer what I can, however, The Gardener is the one you’ll wish to speak to. Come, I’ll take you to him.”

Starting with a few steps, Galvan proceeded to a vehicle terminal receded against the far wall, much like a station. At each end, there were tubular entrances that lead to tunnels. In the middle rested a capsule shaped vehicle, a transport carrier of sorts. It was quite sleek in design. One of the two remotes hovering about Galvan issued a sequential beep, causing a side door to slide open, revealing a comfortable interior.

The vehicle could clearly seat about a dozen sentients.

“It’s a short trip to the main Sanctuary, I assure you.”

With that, Galvan boarded and took the piloting station, and waited for the others in the group to follow.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto,@Sinrebirth, @Darth Master Titus, @The Vanguard

OOC: Darth Master Titus, Julius will have his starting point in the hangar with the other new arrivals, for the sake of continuity.

Aicurn Ihi
    Planetary surface, Crash Site

The flames roared out at her, but Aicurn now possessed something they could not defy or define.

Conviction.

One cannot see air or gravity, but has an unmovable certainty of their existence, because of their effects. The purple twi’lek was now armed with a new sense, one that had changed her fundamentally, even if she could not fully understand it or give it a name.

With confidence, she had commanded the flames and walked forward. Logic is very useful, but it had no place here. This was a different realm. Aicurn took a step after another, and was not burned by the fire. She felt no fear, nor did she feel surprise. She placed her trust in something greater than herself, something transformative, and did not waver.

Children know this level of trust, which they lose as adults, when they are taught to doubt.

The Force was with her, within her and all around her.

Perhaps she could see it, the faint glow that shrouded her just then.

Aicurn walked out of her fiery trap, past the flaming perimeter and out into the forest itself.

‘The Force is One’ she would hear the voice say.

After a moment, Aicurn would feel more herself as her euphoria slowly receded. The smells and sounds of the forest and even her won bodily discomforts would return; but she would have made it through the fire. What would remain was a strong sense to travel east.

As she looked in that direction, her gaze would pick up several small spherical objects moving quickly in her direction- four in actuality. Three of them would zip past her and begin spraying the burning flames; cones of unknown vapors causing the fiery conflagration to slowly recede.

Aicurn would feel and know, that the flying spheres would not have made it on time to save her.

However, one of the small spheres came around and hovered near her, its lights flashing as it rotated its small spherical body and issued an inquisitive sounding chirp.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Kev-Mas Colcha, Leto

The Gardener regarded the two seekers with interest. They were the first of the new arrivals and uninitiated, yet, they held great promise and potential within themselves, each in their own way.

As always, Leto was a being of few words, yet, in a short time, he had learned to find balance inside himself, to navigate through subtle unbalancing traps born of one’s inner darkside.

Kev-Mas growing annoyance was almost like a beacon to Polmath, who could sense such things clearly. That was one of the many reason Kev-Mas was here, to grow beyond such limitations, if he truly wished it. The very fact that he mentioned his past identity was evidence that he still carried his limitations with him, as was the inner conflict between pride and regret.

Polmath glanced towards the Oratory entrance, but did not see the caamasi whom he was also expecting. Most curious.

Averting his gaze from the entrance, the gardener smoothly returned to the conversation in progress.

The Crimson Dagger days are over? Hmm. I wonder. It is true that he is no longer active through the galaxy at large…” Polmath began saying, his gaze falling on Kev-Mas.

“His shade however…”

The gardener stroked his beard for a moment.

“What if I told you that the Crimson Dagger had to die for Kev-Mas to live?”

As he continued to stroke his beard, Polmath waited on Kev-Mas reaction and response. There was no doubt about it. The morning was already taking a most interesting turn.

Tag: @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @Mikaboshi, ( @A Blind Prophet )

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Decameron Alpha

Kev-Mas’ head turned in the direction of Polmath as his gaze then focused upon him.

The Crimson Dagger days are over? Hmm. I wonder. It is true that he is no longer active through the galaxy at large…” he began, as Kev-Mas listened.

“His shade however…”

“Needs to be subdued, but not destroyed.” Kev-Mas thought to himself in reply.

“Like I said,” replied Kev-Mas, “Those days are over. The Crimson Dagger died with the Emperor over Endor. With him dead, I was his hand no more. I was free.”

Kev-Mas thumbed his goatee while he pondered.

“It did take me time to fully realize my new-found freedom however, but eventually it did come. It came with the Inquisitior led assassination attempt on my life immediately after the news from Endor hit Imperial Center. It came when I escaped Coruscant with a former Inquisitor who was ordered to kill me but instead turned into an ally, united in the brotherhood that came with us both being former Shadow Guards, rather than devotion to a dying Empire. It came when my brother and I helped liberate the world of Utapau from the Empire in exchange for sanctuary. It came when a power-hungry Inquisitor in a bid for the Imperial Throne captured me in that battle, probing my mind trying to take over using the Sith Amulet inside my head. It came when I was rescued from that Inquisitor by the last of the Jedi, and Imperial Public Enemy Number 1. It came when a new voice crept into my head, not of the Emperor’s but one that would eventually guide me to Zonama Sekot to train as a Grey Jedi. That same voice, that taught me the technique known as the Art of the Small, allowing me to fool the same Inquisitor from Utapau into thinking he had finally taken control of me. In turn I called in the favor of a great many newly made allies to help destroy him, eliminating a threat that could have caused a great danger to the Galaxy.”

Kev-Mas took a short breath, and then continued.

“Yes, the darkness still lingers inside, but that is not the only reason I am here. I am here because it was the will of the Force that led me here. It was the will of the Force that allowed Luke Skywalker to compel his father Darth Vader to become Anakin Skywalker again, as he killed the Emperor to save his son, freeing me from his shackles in the process. It was the will of the Force that led me to encounter Luke as he rescued me from a power-hungry Inquisitor on Utapau. It was the will of the Force that allowed that unified cooperation between two beings of opposite attunements to the Force to catch the attention of Sekot, the force sensitive sentient entity of a living planet far beyond the unknown regions. By now, I think you catch my drift though. I mention my darker past not with fondness, but because I am unashamed. It was the will of the Force for those events to happen. It shaped me into who I am today, and I am all the better because of it. You cannot balance yourself if you seek to destroy the darkness inside of you, for balance is cooperation between the light and the dark. Not annihilation of one or the other, or of both.”

Tag: greyjedi125 , Mikaboshi

8. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Icharis

Icharis disembarked from his fighter and took in the fresh air. Processed oxygen within a hull in space was always stale. There was something about a planet's fresh oxygen source that always rejuvenated him. He looked around at the odd collection of ships within the hangar and observed.
    [​IMG]
    They all seemed to have some sort of self-identifying modifications done. His eyes focused on the ships to his left. Lets see, an A-Wing, Kappa Shuttle, TL-1800, YV-650, ARC-170...

Wow, he thought to himself, haven't seen one of those in a long time.

His head turned to the lone pad on his right and almost did a double take, "what's a TIE doing here??" he wondered aloud.

His hand moved towards his weapon as a reflex, but sensing no apparent hostility he lowered his guard and relaxed his posture. Speaking to his implant, he input several voice commands.
    Q, set up comms to pickup any Imperial channels, I want ears open to any of their activity.
    *Beep boop* - his implant responded in acknowledgement.
    And keep the ship's engines on, reserve mode. In case we need a quick exit out of here.

Several tingle sensations alerted him, warning not of danger, but of the presence of "otherly" beings.
    Ugh, there better not be another one of those dark lord burial grounds around here.

Turning a corner he saw an odd group of strangers walking, they weren't uniformed and in fact looked as out of place as he did. A Zabrak within the group motioned him to follow.

Catching up to the group, he nodded in acknowledgment to the others before turning to the Zabrak.

"Looks like you're giving a tour, mind if I join?" he asked.

TAG: greyjedi125
    Sinrebirth Mikaboshi Mitth_Fisto Darth_Elu Kev-Mas_Colcha@Kahn_Iceay Snokers Darth Master Titus A Blind Prophet

9. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Leto
    Decameron Alpha, Maintenance Hanger en route to the Oratory

“Leto, was it?” replied Kev-Mas, extending a hand in greeting.

“The name is Kev-Mas Colcha. A couple of years ago, one might only know of me through rumors as the Crimson Dagger, but alas those days are over. Thankfully.”

He knew of the name but it didn't mean anything to him, Leto had spent his share of time within the Imperial fold but much of it was in deep cover and far from the center of the Emperor's power so he never had cause to meet this man or be concerned about his activities.

It was Polmath who spoke next. “The Crimson Dagger days are over? Hmm. I wonder. It is true that he is no longer active through the galaxy at large…” The man's gaze falling on Kev-Mas.

“His shade however…”

“Like I said,” replied Kev-Mas, “Those days are over. The Crimson Dagger died with the Emperor over Endor. With him dead, I was his hand no more. I was free.”

Kev-Mas thumbed his goatee while he pondered.

“It did take me time to fully realize my new-found freedom however, but eventually it did come. It came with the Inquisitior led assassination attempt on my life immediately after the news from Endor hit Imperial Center. It came when I escaped Coruscant with a former Inquisitor who was ordered to kill me but instead turned into an ally, united in the brotherhood that came with us both being former Shadow Guards, rather than devotion to a dying Empire. It came when my brother and I helped liberate the world of Utapau from the Empire in exchange for sanctuary. It came when a power-hungry Inquisitor in a bid for the Imperial Throne captured me in that battle, probing my mind trying to take over using the Sith Amulet inside my head. It came when I was rescued from that Inquisitor by the last of the Jedi, and Imperial Public Enemy Number 1. It came when a new voice crept into my head, not of the Emperor’s but one that would eventually guide me to Zonama Sekot to train as a Grey Jedi. That same voice, that taught me the technique known as the Art of the Small, allowing me to fool the same Inquisitor from Utapau into thinking he had finally taken control of me. In turn I called in the favor of a great many newly made allies to help destroy him, eliminating a threat that could have caused a great danger to the Galaxy.”

Kev-Mas took a short breath, and then continued.

“Yes, the darkness still lingers inside, but that is not the only reason I am here. I am here because it was the will of the Force that led me here. It was the will of the Force that allowed Luke Skywalker to compel his father Darth Vader to become Anakin Skywalker again, as he killed theEmperor to save his son, freeing me from his shackles in the process. It was the will of the Force that led me to encounter Luke as he rescued me from a power-hungry Inquisitor on Utapau. It was the will of the Force that allowed that unified cooperation between two beings of opposite attunements to the Force to catch the attention of Sekot, the force sensitive sentient entity of a living planet far beyond the unknown regions. By now, I think you catch my drift though. I mention my darker past not with fondness, but because I am unashamed. It was the will of the Force for those events to happen. It shaped me into who I am today, and I am all the better because of it. You cannot balance yourself if you seek to destroy the darkness inside of you, for balance is cooperation between the light and the dark. Not annihilation of one or the other, or of both.”

Leto listened to it all, and it was honestly a lot to take in. Kev still clung to his former life as if he was afraid that losing it would cause him to lose himself, he wore his pain and his shame for all to see.

"Decameron Alpha is a place for new beginnings." Leto remarked as he glanced briefly towards Polmath before turning to Kev, "For that promise to be fulfilled one's focus must be in the present."

Tag: Darth Master Titus Kev-Mas_Colcha greyjedi125

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ezzuk

As the man pointedly said nothing to him, a group gathered. His own scent tentacles writhed and wringed against each other at the open insult that he was not worth answering the questions of, only to be asked them. Yet he kept it stowed. He knew he was Ebruchi, and that these to him were possibly to be viewed in such a light, but if the Blazing Chains had taught him anything, it was this. They did not view him in the same light, he was the fresh slave, here as he was there. Only here, he hoped to prove from the beginning, by ship and by deed that he was worthy to be called of same.

Following in silence he let the others join and when they had amassed and moved toward the transport hub he felt disquiet and hunger. In near equal measure. He had never cared for the 'gardens' by his people, nor those by the Blazing Chains. Ugly things with too much sky, and the food was never true. The tenders of such were weird and demented, or they were prey. The mere thought of prey made his scent and grasping tentacles at the base of his face quiver with anticipation, after all they already tasted so much food about them that the mere thought of it heightened that notion. Yet he did not give in to it.

He was the master of his fate, no stomach. Still to the questioning one that joined them late for the brief answer phase of things, albeit answers to no questions any had asked beyond a feeling of why they had walked this way, he deigned to answer. "We go to seek answers from one higher then he. Come." Fingering the torn animal hides that draped his body and concealed most of his form he pushed forward.

The intention was clear, gawking was not wanted. Move on, find a seat, and get this painful experience over with. Or. . .don't tempt him.

TAG: greyjedi125, The Vanguard, @Sinrebirth, @Darth Master Titus

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lassin

It was a short moment in which they went from a trio to a gathering. Self-consciousness burned within him as he realised that an eyepatch may not give the best first impression, and an even worse second one when he took it off and revealed his tired insecurities.

Holding such emotions tight, he paid attention to the Zabrak but his eye slowly turned to the... whatever it was. He found himself staring, which was appalling, as their were nonhumans among the Disciples but nothing, for all intents and purposes, alien.

The derogatory term sprung to mind and Lassin silenced it swiftly. The creature answered, and Lassin took in the rest of the creature; his body language conveyed humanoid sentiments, so perhaps he was not all that different to them.

Lassin refocused.

The unknown could not scare him.

Everything was unknown here.

Was it not what he had wanted?

A lighthearted response from the last to join them broke his reverie, and Lassin cracked a smile. 'I'm sure you can. We're all new today.'

Lassin took the steps to the transport carrier, trying not to view Galvan and his remotes as an anachronism of a man long alone on this world.

He took a seat near one of the viewports and tried, again, to still his mind.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Sinrebirth, Darth Master Titus, The Vanguard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Decameron Alpha

"Decameron Alpha is a place for new beginnings." Leto remarked as he glanced briefly towards Polmath before turning to Kev, "For that promise to be fulfilled one's focus must be in the present."

Kev-Mas shot back a scowling look towards Leto, much like one would to a classmate who was brown-nosing the instructor a little too much. He did not appreciate the reception he was getting here one bit.

“You speak as if you understand more than you truly do,” Kev-Mas said condescendingly, with a hint of disgust curling out of his lips as he spoke, "Based on only a surface observation with no further thought invested into the subject at hand. Such naiveté indicates only a partial understanding of the Force.”

Kev-Mas sighed, and then continued. “Focusing on the here and now does have its merits, but if you only focus on the present, you ignore the lessons the past has to teach you. To truly understand the Force as a whole you must understand that the will of the Force is at work in all perceptions of time – not just the present.”

Kev-Mas had hoped that he would encounter someone that possessed the knowledge necessary to reverse the Sith Alchemy that kept tugging him back towards his past, but all he encountered was a complete ignorance of his situation. Completely willful ignorance, because there were no attempts made to fully understand what he was trying to say. To say he felt hopeless was an understatement. If only his old friend was here. He did not follow the same path he did, but at least he would be able to help him.

Victus… Where are you?” Kev-Mas thought to himself, as well as projected telepathically to a certain person. A certain person who logically speaking he figured would not hear his call. However out of the desperation he currently felt, logic was thrown to the vacuum.

Tag: Mikaboshi , greyjedi125 , ( Kahn_Iceay )

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Leto
    Decameron Alpha, Oratory

The Crimson Dagger shot a hard look back, his anger was as obvious as it was quick. “You speak as if you understand more than you truly do,” Each word filled with disdain, "Based on only a surface observation with no further thought invested into the subject at hand. Such naiveté indicates only a partial understanding of the Force.”

Leto tasted the anger, it had been months since he felt such quick and uncontrollable emotions. In days past that very anger would have fueled him, sustained him, and he would have sought it out for the simple joy of experiencing it.

It's influence was addicting, and one he has fought hard to master. He savored it's flavor a bit longer, then let it go.

Kev-Mas sighed, a rather rude trait he seems to exhibit often when speaking with others. “Focusing on the here and now does have its merits, but if you only focus on the present, you ignore the lessons the past has to teach you. To truly understand the Force as a whole you must understand that the will of the Force is at work in all perceptions of time – not just the present.” Leto almost laughed audibly as angry condescension gave way to arrogant lecturing. This was truly a man of unstable emotions and far too many words, Leto had not yet know him for more than a few minutes and already he had given the Gurlanin far more information than he wanted.

"I think you talk too much." Leto said matter-of-factly. "You lecture, and brag." His gaze never wavered from the red lights that served as the man's eyes, they reminded him of the power button on his nanowave. "One does not need to drone on about his past glories at every opportunity in order to be aware of the past," Leto regarded him a moment more, his expression softening a bit. "be careful you aren't so focused on history that you miss out on the future."

Leto smiled genuinely before turning and walking away, others were beginning to file into the oratory and he wanted to greet them.

Tag: Darth Master Titus Kev-Mas_Colcha greyjedi125

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Decameron Alpha

"I think you talk too much." Leto said matter-of-factly. "You lecture, and brag." His gaze never wavered from the red lights that served as the Kev-Mas’ eyes. "One does not need to drone on about his past glories at every opportunity in order to be aware of the past," Leto regarded him a moment more, his expression softening a bit. "be careful you aren't so focused on history that you miss out on the future."

Leto smiled genuinely before turning and walking away, as Kev-Mas shot a glare in his direction. He did not like to hold a man who was supposed to be an ally in the same regard as an enemy, but given his distaste for his entire disposition as far as he could see it could not be helped. Perhaps enemy was too strong a word. Maybe rival was better fitting. Kev-Mas could tell that Leto thought him to lack control of his emotions, but he also knew that he had no idea what he was talking about in that regard.

It would be unwise to stifle such strong emotions as his utter distaste for the willful ignorance directed towards him today. However, he did maintain complete control of them. Had he not had control, he thought, the man of curious ancestry would be nothing more than a smoldering corpse upon the garden floor. Kev-Mas would not dwell on such thoughts for the time being, however. Such a confrontation would be unwise and unnecessary. The means must suit the end goal, and the end goal did not require such senseless violence. As such, he restrained himself.

There was also, the fact that despite his disgust towards his disposition, the man did bring up some valid points. Kev-Mas didn’t need to bring up his past to remember it. It was etched quite vividly in his mind, and especially since his words fell upon deaf ears anyways it was futile to bring them up in attempts to elicit further understanding from his peers. Yes, he did have some good points, but for reasons that likely differed from what he understood. That, perhaps was something that could satisfy Kev-Mas, and ease his mind.

Yet, he still could not help but wonder how satisfying it would be to humble this man. A man who in his eyes, was like a womp rat who thought himself to be a krayt dragon. Maybe, when the time was right he would suggest a sparring match to… settle their differences.

Kev-Mas’ mouth curled into a smile as he turned to face Polmath again.

“It seems that I am in need of some time to meditate and clear my head,” Kev-Mas informed, “if you don’t mind, could you direct me to a quiet place where I can do that?”

Tag: Mikaboshi , greyjedi125

15. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    The Wraith, Sanctum
    Unknown Regions, Slowly approaching unknown system

Victus had, since the launch of the probes, kept his mind focused on the Force. As their ships slowly drifted towards the system the presence of, something, grew more and more powerful and Victus sought to survey it. He felt no unanimity, indeed he felt nothing in the way of direction or intent. It seemed as though whatever it was he was sensing was devoid of purpose, it simply was, and what it was was strong.

Yet as he focused he could feel glimpses of things, emotions that he doubted were that of the presence but something or someone else. Many someone’s. He felt heat, and fear, slowly overcome by confidence. He felt self-righteousness, and self-importance. He felt confusion. At times he could make out words, Twi’leki he thought, though the words were unclear. As though they were echoes, simply being carried along by this presence he felt. Then shortly before the first hour of probing the system would pass, he heard something almost clearly.

...I told you… the Crimson Dagger had to die…

Victus’ eyes shot open as he tried to focus in on that voice, that presence in the Force. Why now? Why here? Who in this unknown system deep in the most unknown reaches of the Galaxy would seek to end the life of the singular individual Victus would venture this far out to find? Turning he pressed the comms button and contacted the Bridge. “Plot a course deeper into the system this instance. I’ve sensed something and…”

Victus… where are you?

That voice, he knew. “I believe Lord Colcha is in this system, or at the very least someone who knows of him. Prepare scouting parties, and survey sorties. We know one of those planets is habitable even if the probe telemetry is scrambled. We’ll do a fly by of every one if we have to. Victus out.”

Turning back to the view port he watched as the stars slowly started to shift position and felt the hum of the engines coming to life in earnest. Soon he would have some answers. Clenching his fists together behind him Victus’ brow furrowed in frustration and worry. “I am coming…” he projected, answering the call finally, “be prepared.”

Tag: greyjedi125 Kev-Mas_Colcha

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grey Sanctuary
    Oratory

“It seems that I am in need of some time to meditate and clear my head,” Kev-Mas informed, “if you don’t mind, could you direct me to a quiet place where I can do that?”

Polmath observed and studied the nuances between Kev-Mas and Leto’s interactions. The reactions they chose, coupled with their actions, were paramount to the unfolding future. There was so much to unlearn before new knowledge could take hold, but such needed to happen naturally- and by choice.

Truth-be-told, they were recent arrivals, unsure of what to expect. How they dealt with their current situation would determine much. Not just Kev-Mas and Leto, but every new arrival.

The Gardener had much to share, with both Kev-Mas and Leo, individually and as a pair, but conditions needed to be met first- and now was not the right time.

“Make a left as you exit the Oratory and take the corridor to its very end. There, you will come to an indoor waterfall. The Pool of Reflection you will find, both literally and figuratively. Perhaps that would suit your needs?”

Yes. Calm was the key, especially in a storm.

Decisions made out of Anger or Fear seldom yielded good results.

“I would like to present a proposition for your consideration, whenever you feel ready.”

A single respectful nod, Polmath imparted unto Kev-Mas, signifying that he was free to go if he wished it.

There were others already approaching, and they would need proper greeting.

Some distance away from the Sanctuary, Polmath did notice the billowing clouds of black smoke begin to dissipate.

That, and what he felt, were both good signs.

Meanwhile, the small group travelled through the underground tunnel at great speeds inside the vehicular capsule. The trip was not only fast, but almost completely silent, save for a very faint hum.

None of the new arrivals aboard seemed to speak, but rather kept their thoughts to themselves. Galvan accepted this, and continued to guide the vehicle. It truly was not long before they all reached the Sanctuary station.

Unlike the hangar, the Sanctuary station was a well lit open area, filled with greenery and a waiting area. The white walls brightened the immediate area and the open windows let in natural light.

“We have arrived. The Gardener is eager to meet you all. This way please.” The zabrak said, after opening the sliding doors and exiting himself, his remotes trailing.

He waited until everyone seemed ready before leading them through the corridors. Galvan walked with a purpose, but did not hurry overmuch. He was aware that the newcomers might want to take a better look at their new environment.

“Your quarters will be that way…” he said, gesturing to a different passageway, marked by a hanging tapestry. The zabrak was self-possessed, but he did exude an honest excitement.

Smoothly, he lead them through an open door, which chimed as he walked in. The chamber was round, with high ceilings, pillars and open windows. Greenery adorned the edges and many pots and plants were well placed. There was a pond and a dais at the center, where a bearded man in robes stood, appraising the arriving procession.

A quick nod of greeting and thanks passed between the man and the zabrak, who then took a few steps back. A man in a dark cowl stood near them, while another would be exiting.

“Welcome one and all…” The man said, taking a few steps closer, staff in hand.

“I am known as the Gardener. And this…” He gestured all around with his free hand, “Is the Grey Sanctuary at Decameron Alpha. A place for learning and new beginnings.”

The Gardener looked upon them all, taking in who and what they were, with his natural senses as well as with the Force.

“It is my hope that for a least a time, you may call this place home.”

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto, @Darth Master Titus, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @Mikaboshi, @Sinrebirth, @The Vanguard, ( @A Blind Prophet )

OOC: @Kahn_Iceay: I’ll have something for you soon.

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Decameron Alpha

“Make a left as you exit the Oratory and take the corridor to its very end. There, you will come to an indoor waterfall. The Pool of Reflection you will find, both literally and figuratively. Perhaps that would suit your needs?” replied The Gardener, as he gave Kev-Mas the directions he sought after, “I would like to present a proposition for your consideration, whenever you feel ready.”

“Perhaps,” replied Kev-Mas, who seemed to be short of breath, as if the stress of the situation had taken its toll on him physically, “But for now I must clear my head. It would be best for me to hear you out when my mind is clear and ready to receive new thoughts.”

Polmath then gave Kev-Mas a single respectful nod as if he were telling him he was free to go, which Kev-Mas returned with his own nod, as well as a genuine smile.

Arriving at the Pool of Reflection, Kev-Mas took a knee as if he were intending to meditate, which he indeed was, but was then distracted by a voice calling to him through the Force.

I am coming… be prepared.

All of a sudden, Kev-Mas’ mind was cleared. Not from meditation, but from the sheer surprise at the recent turn of events. It had him realize that he had nothing to worry about, that the Force worked in mysterious ways, and that the Force was with him.

Victus!?” Kev-Mas projected in reply, “How in the blazes did you hear me all the way out here?!”

It seems that what he had thought to be impossible, happened. Somehow, some way, the friend he had made nearly a year ago, had in the one months’ time they had gotten to know each other developed a bond strong enough to either hear his call from halfway across the galaxy, or strong enough to compel him to search for him after he disappeared.

He attributed this plainly, to the strength of the bond between the Shadow Guard. A bond of brotherhood, formed in ancient traditions, tempered by the fires of war and unbreakable by the treachery of usurpers. It was no wonder he could hear his call, for they were Shadow Guards and nothing could stand in their way.

But Victus put himself and his crew in grave danger coming out here, and Kev-Mas had his hands tied as far as protecting them. He had to warn him.

“You’re putting yourself and your crew- my crew too in danger by coming here. Use stealth. The amulet, and the cloaking device. Use them, and meet me somewhere in the forest. If you could hear my call, the Force shall guide us together. Be it by destiny or the brotherhood of the Shadow Guard – we shall meet again.”

With that, Kev-Mas began to meditate, this time practicing the technique he was taught by Sekot almost a year ago. He focused upon his humility, and made himself smaller. He envisioned himself surrounded by all the other people and events that had conspired to give him the strength and knowledge he currently possessed. Then came the hardest part. He had to picture the people he was involved with in the present. He had to picture the positive relationship they would forge with him in the times to come. He had to envision himself humbling himself before them. Becoming receptive of their teachings, becoming new again, yet better than before. In doing this, what was required for him to be successful in seeking out help from his past, to hide himself from the senses of other Force users he had to become small. He had to accept the possibility that he was wrong to be so critical of his peers, to accept that every point of view had its merits. This was the art of becoming humble. The art of opening one’s mind to greater possibilities than themselves. This was the Art of the Small.

Tag: Kahn_Iceay , greyjedi125

OOC:
    Yes, like the post might indicate, Kev-Mas has just used the ability known as the Art of the Small. This means that for the time being his presence in the Force cannot be sensed, and this would not be noticed by anyone who isn’t actively searching for him. He’s not yet capable of the healing properties that come with the ability though, otherwise the problems he had with his branding would be solved rather quickly, making for a rather boring plot point. ;)

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ezzuk
    Oratory

The trip was rather uneventful. To say the least. Although if he was to elaborate on it, he had to note that it was notable if only for being un-notable. There was the gentle hum of well running craft hurtling them toward their destination, there were others, who said nothing, their was the guide, who spoke little. Truly avoiding answering anything.

Still, the end result was luckily an indoor complex. Large hallways and sweeping ceilings that seemed more reminiscent of a vehicle bay transfer hallway, something he could imagine and feel comfortable in. Somewhat.

Fingering another tear in the fabric, one that had special meaning, as did they all, not that any others were aware of it. Blazing Chains or outsiders all, blind to the ways of rank and accomplishments. Still the note of where 'his' quarters would be was a note that he was already accepted to join. Albeit the lack of answers to questions indicated nominal rank if any.

A quick nod of greeting and thanks passed between the man and the zabrak, who then took a few steps back. A man in a dark cowl stood near them, while another would be exiting.

“Welcome one and all…” The man said, taking a few steps closer, staff in hand.

“I am known as the Gardener. And this…” He gestured all around with his free hand, “Is the Grey Sanctuaryat Decameron Alpha. A place for learning and new beginnings.”

The Gardener looked upon them all, taking in who and what they were, with his natural senses as well as with the Force.

"As was my wish, as well as to grow." Ezzuk simply stated in return with a bob of his head as his tendrils wavered together for a moment.

TAG: Others in the meeting

19. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Aicurn Ihi IC:
    ~Forest, Decameron Alpha~

The Force is One.

Blinking and releasing a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, Aicurn could only look about herself flabbergasted. What had just happened? Had the flames really not hurt her? Why did she actually just walk through them?

And what was that brief, faint glow that she had had a moment ago? As well as that voice again.

Too many questions and no answers to any of them. Still…

She was safe and that was all that mattered right now. Her senses coming back to reality, all the smells, sounds, and sights of the forest about her.

And the pain from the burning in her palms from scrambling up the wreckage that one time…oh, she hadn't thought about that too thoroughly had she. Wincing and holding her hands close to her chest, the girl cast her vision around.

Where to go? What to do?

East. Around about…that direction. She wasn't sure how she knew, but Aicurn'ihi just knew.

Cea ceinireae Do beyao.

Suddenly her eyes narrowed and body tensed. A number of small spherical objects were moving quickly toward her. As they got closer, too fast for her to bother with attempting to run, she noted there were four of them.

And then three of them just…zipped by her. Droids now she realized as they began to fight the fire that she had miraculously survived. Though the survival of the crash itself was probably even more impressive. And incredulous.

Had she remained in there, there was just no way that they would have arrived and fought through the flames in time to save her.

"A selin'a…" she murmured quietly before refocusing on the fourth round droid hovering near her.

Its light flashed as it rotated about in midair, chirping curiously at her. Despite her original apprehension, she couldn't help but smile a little at the small thing.

Cautiously, she reached out her slightly less burnt right hand toward it.

"Dan ohk a ruz doh u'a," she said lightly with that smile still in place.

Translations

That way I guess.
    A miracle…
    You're a cute little guy.

20. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Icharis
    Oratory

Since joining the group, Icharis had kept his watchful eye on all members present - his guard still up. But when they reached the Oratory a second wave of calm eroded his will until he fully relaxed. He even powered down his ship via Q, his trusty implant.

He realized the cyborg-looking darksider wasn't present. Imperials whether former or current, always had a certain look. Icharis took note.

He also took note of the sense of belonging he felt. He didn't let it overcome him, but it was hard not to take notice of it. There was a well of purpose that everyone present was drawing from. Something otherly. Still, he had questions. What was this place for? Why did it seem so unaffected by the troubles of the galaxy? The tour came to a close and the Zabrak seemed to fade into the background.

A simple-looking man greeted them, "“Welcome one and all. I am known as the Gardener. And this…” He gestured all around with his free hand, “Is the Grey Sanctuary at Decameron Alpha. A place for learning and new beginnings.”

Everyone had their eyes fixed on the one speaking.

Home? he thought, he hadn't thought of any one place as his home for a long time.

Tentacle-mouth answered, "As was my wish, as well as to grow."

Grow? Grow what? No one here was even affiliated with any apparent organization or government.

Icharis spoke up, "Excuse me, I'm not supposed to be here. My ship got caught in the gravity well and I was forced to land. Also, enough riddles, what is the real purpose of this place? Are you allies of the Empire?"

TAG: greyjedi125 Mitth_Fisto , ALL

21. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Leto
    Decameron Alpha, Oratory

Various members, new and old, now filled the oratory. Having offered assistance to those who required it, he finally was able to find his own seat. He always chose the same location if he could, adjacent to a large masonry planter box as to have a place to rest his back against.

"Welcome one and all. I am known as the Gardener. And this…” Polmath gestured all around with his free hand, “Is the Grey Sanctuary at Decameron Alpha. A place for learning and new beginnings.”

As Polmath welcomed the newcomers formally Leto was reminded of his own reason for being here, new beginnings.

“It is my hope that for a least a time, you may call this place home.”Home....

"As was my wish, as well as to grow." An Ebruchi spoke, a species who's reputation as pirates was known to Leto. Reputation aside, he cautioned himself against judgement or bias.

Another new arrival spoke,"Excuse me," Leto turned to look at the speaker, "I'm not supposed to be here. My ship got caught in the gravity well and I was forced to land. Also, enough riddles, what is the real purpose of this place? Are you allies of the Empire?" This one seemed confused, but Leto suspected that here was exactly where the man was supposed to be....whether he knew it or not.

Leto's own path here was an adventure worth telling, someday, but he suspected that he did not find Decameron Alpha....it found him.

His gaze shifted to the Gardner, a hand slipped absently into a belt pouch and withdrew a red stone that had been rubbed so much that it appeared polished, his thumb rubbed it it softly as he sat silently waiting for Polmath to reply to the newcomers.

Tag: Darth Master Titus Kev-Mas_Colcha greyjedi125 The Vanguard Kev-Mas_Colcha Sinrebirth

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grey Sanctuary
    Oratory

As he began to address the new arrivals, Polmath became aware of the retreated Echani-Thyrsian, Kev-Mas, who’s force presence was receding.

And so, it would appear to most.

He who’d worn the face of the Crimson Dagger still had much to learn about the wonders of the force. Everyone present did, and that was a good thing.

The first to speak was the Ebruchi newcomer.

“As was my wish, as well as to grow.”

The Gardener nodded his head respectfully before answering. “And that you will. A true fleet of like minded beings we will be.”

Before more could be said, another voice was heard, this time from a human with obvious cybernetic implants.

“Excuse me,” said the man. “I'm not supposed to be here. My ship got caught in the gravity well and I was forced to land. Also, enough riddles, what is the real purpose of this place? Are you allies of the Empire?"

Polmath offered a respectful nod to the human before answering.

“You are here because the Force has lead you here, however, whether you remain here or not, that is entirely up to you. Let it be know, that should you choose the later, it is quite unlikely that you will find us again.”

A small pause followed, just enough to allow the human to process the proffered information.

“Riddles, by the way, encourage critical thinking and associative analysis. It helps boost mental growth and acumen. Without the ability to solve riddles, we become mere automatons. Incapable of resolving seemingly random complexities. We would lack spontaneity and imagination. Don’t you agree?”

A pleasant smile adorned Th gardener’s countenance as he took a single step forward, his staff tapping the floor as he did so and creating an audible echo around the chamber.

“As I said, this is a place of learning and growth, our purpose is to teach the next generation of unconventional force users.”

The Gardener looked upon each individual present, his green eyes steady, his gaze bespeaking of wisdom yet to be imparted.

“Many are called, but few are chosen.”

Prophetic words, for any who understood.

“There is no Empire here…” Polmath intoned with casual ease.

“There is no zealotry, there is moderation..."

“There is no pride, there is humility…”

“There is no hate, there is love…”

“There is no good or evil, there is no light or dark…”

“There is the Force.”

The bearded man closed his eyes for a moment as he took a breath. His staff began to shimmer and then glow. White energy coalesced at the tip, then rose to the chamber’s ceiling, where it spun, then shot-out, passing harmlessly through and out of sight.

Polmath exhaled, then opened his eyes.

Even someone who was not force sensitive would have felt that.

“What else would you like to know?” He asked the gathered group, as if nothing had occurred.

Behind the group, Galvan was just out of sight as he was quiet. His head was bowed and his eyes closed, his head half-tilted, a posture that could be construed as concentration.

Tag: @Mikaboshi, @The Vanguard, @Darth Master Titus, @Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto

Decameron Alpha
    Planetary Surface, Forest

The remote cooed at Aicurn’s words. One would think it was blushing at her innocent and unintentional flirtations.

But the moment did not last.

The flying remote let loose with a warning squeal, its lights flashing.

A short distance behind, a sustained growl would be heard, indeed getting the attention of the female Twi’lek. A pair of large felines bared their fangs as the approach with stalking motions, their postures and expression clearly conveying their intention.

It happened in a flash.

Run, child. Run!

The larger feline lept in the hair as it pounced. But the flying remote was quicker. It’s stunning beam hit the feline squarely, staggering it. The second feline shuffled to one side, narrowly missing the remote’s second shot.

Aicurn’s flight instinct was fully engaged, so much so, that she found herself running suddenly.

The remote bought her a few precious seconds as it tried to stun the second feline with several narrowly missing shots, but the feeling was quite agile and slipped past.

It now chased her, but clearly the female twil’ek was no match for the feline’s raw speed and ferocity. In the span of a few heartbeats, it was nearly upon her and ready to pounce once again. That’s when a small spark of white light enveloped her an vanished in a flash.

Immediately, Aicurn’s speed was such, that she quickly outpaced the feline as she zipped through the forest, avoiding trees and branches with a familiarity that she could not know. Within moments, the flying remote was next to her, speeding alongside her.

The female twi’lek was feeling energized and did not fatigue so far. And there, in the distance, between the trees, she could see a structure getting larger as she neared.

A structure that looked like some sort of temple, grown from the forest itself.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Grey Sanctuary
    Pool of Reflection

He’d sought to clear his mind after his initial exchange with The Gardener, whom he found to be condescending. Matters did not improve after a brief exchange with the other newcomer, Leto.
    A brief sojourn to the Pool of Reflection seemed like a good idea, if just to cool off.

But here, he’d heard a voice he had not heard in a long time. That of his fellow Shadow Guard; and he was actively searching for Colcha.

Inspire of that, Kev Mas succeeded in employing the Force technique known as Art of the Small, which would in essence, keep other force sensitives from doing just that, sensing him. That included his brother in arms, Lord Victus.

Be that as it may, the former Emperor’s Hand now had a unique opportunity before, given the fact that the Grey sanctuary was very lightly populated. Though there wee not many other sentients seen thus far, there seemed to be more flying remotes than people around.

Either way, Kev Mas was faced with a single necessity. He would have to choose and act; and that would determine what was to follow.

Tag: @Kev-Mas_Colcha

The Wraith

There had been no warning when he first felt it, and with no warning it was gone. Kev Mas Colcha’s seemed to have vanished.

Lord Victus would still feel the underlying elusive presence in the Force he’d been feeling all along, perhaps a few echoes, but there would be no sign of his friend. It wasn’t altogether strange or odd, given the situation. There had been no sense of danger either, just a mere cessation.

Another layer to the present mystery for sure.

As for the probes the Echni had launched, aside from the continuous malfunctioning telemetry, any conclusive data they would glean, would be of planetoids that were both too barren and to small to contain any sort of sentient life beyond the microscopic level.

What remained true, was what he could personally sense, not his machines.

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay

23. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    The Wraith
    Dazed and Confused

By this point Victus had moved himself to the bridge and was stood on the command tract looking out the forward viewport. “Sir, we’ve continued to move closer to the system but the reports from the probes continues to be inconclusive. None of the planets in the system appear to be habitable by their sensors but they’re also not giving off any telemetry that seems to make sense.”

Victus raised an eyebrow at the man issuing the report, he was relaxed, despite the bad information. Good, they’d gotten past the whole ‘you might die if you upset the Inquisitor’ phase. “Have we tried using the optical sensors on the probes?”

“Yes sir,” The man nodded. “There’s simply too much distortion, we can’t make anything out of the static.”

“Very well.” Victus let out a breath and let the hands he had clasped behind his back slack. Turning about face he began moving back towards the navigation pit. “Contact the Abaddon and Nova Mortis and have them link their navigational systems with ours.” Stepping down into the ring of navigational consoles Victus put his hand down on the controls to input hyperspace coordinates.

Closing his eyes, he focused through the Force. “The Art of the Small…” He whispered the words to himself. Kev-Mas had told him of the ability just once, and Victus had done research into it. He knew of it, but knew not how to use it, but at the same time he knew that it meant when he felt his friend fade, he did so out of his own free will.

“But you cannot hide from me… not when we’re this close.” He reached out, twisting his mind through the sensations of the system ahead of him. The fear, the uncertainty, the confusion. He sought out something, something that he knew burned inside Kev-mas something that at this range no matter how much the man tried to hide he’d find it. Pride. It burned inside Colcha like a furnace, pushing him when he ought to give up, pride in himself. Pride in his men. Pride in his lineage. Kev-mas personified pride.

In his mind’s eye he saw that fire. Past the centering, the self-reflection, the attempts at self-humility, the worries over pain, the uncertainty of the future he saw and felt that fire as it simmered beneath the surface every ready to burst forth as he took in a breath, his fingers moved across the surface of the console, digit after digit until a full set of hyperspace coordinates filled the navigational computer.

Then with the push of a lever the stars around them elongated for one short moment, before snapping back to normal, with the view filled with a bright green blue world, hanging in the darkness. “Lord Colcha is there.” Victus stated, stepping back from the platform and motioning towards the planet, as the ship began moving forward, following landing coordinates that Victus had also entered in his trance. “Prepare for deployment, and go to blue alert.” Turning Victus began to head from the bridge as the ambient lighting took a blue hue and the ship's shields and structural integrity fields came to full. Victus did not trust this world to not try and throw them for one final loop before accepting their landing, he would not be caught unaware.

OOC: Detection of Kev-mas in this way was approved by the player, as Pride is in fact his Vice (or Virtue depending on how you want to look at it) of most merit, but also because of the bond the two men share. At this range, with the Force already amplifying things, Victus is uniquely suited to pierce the veil that Kev-mas has put up. Wouldn't really work on anyone else tho.

Darth Master Titus and Darth_Elu like this.
  24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Decameron Alpha
    Planet surface, Grey Sanctuary, Pool of Reflection

“But you cannot hide from me… not when we’re this close,” came the projection from his brother in arms, and he knew he meant it. The two were indeed close. Close enough for Kev-Mas to know that he was clever enough to figure out a way to see through the ability he had just used. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, Kev-Mas’ main resounding trait was pride, and he knew that Victus was resourceful enough to figure out how to utilize it to see through his ability.

For just like how Kev-Mas’ pride burned in him like a furnace, pushing him when he ought to give up; his pride in himself, his men, and his lineage, it was Victus’ resourcefulness that defined him, allowing him to decipher the most challenging secrets that evaded him. It was his resourcefulness that came to Kev-Mas’ aid in defeating Caiphas Coldrinn, otherwise known as a mere enslaved mind to the ever scheming Blackhole, also known as Lord Cronal. It also, Kev-Mas thought, was Victus’ resourcefulness that would cure him of the maladies inflicted by the Sith Alchemical mark on his left forearm. The Mark of the Emperor’s Hand.

Then just like that, it dawned on him. “He’s not landing in the forest,” Kev-Mas thought to himself, “He’s ever much as proud as I am. He’d choose a more grandiose entrance. One that’s full of pomp and circumstance. He is… or was a High Inquisitor of the Galactic Empire after all.”

OOC: Apologies for the rather short post, but sometimes in order to move things along without much else to do in the moment short posts are needed.

Darth Master Titus and Darth_Elu like this.
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Wraith

A ship of war managed to arrive completely uninvited, defiant in its persistence, prideful in its subterfuge. It knew well that it had trespassed, for it immediately adopted defensive measures.

This was not a vessel by beings who were committed to peace or balance, no, their hearts knew not the way. Their penchant for violence was proudly displayed upon the ship’s entire face for all to see. A mighty vessel of war. It possessed enough weapon batteries and turbo laser to lay waste to an entire planet.

Not only that, it had also called to others, further compounding the magnitude of its inherent transgression.

For those on the surface of Decameron Alpha, nothing would seem amiss as their day continued uninterrupted for the time being, as each moment flowed into the other and the next.

If observed from orbit, a faint distortion might be perceived, not unlike a blanket, now shrouding the entire planet.

All across the Wraith, sensors would register a growing anomaly. A micro singularity had formed a good distance a stern, and they were inside its event horizon, its gravimetric might began to pull the ship backwards, drawing it closer to its center and away from the planet. Any other ships entering the system would be caught in it, thereby suffering the same fate.

The warning was not heeded, for thus was the nature of hubris itself.

From the Pool of Reflection, Kev Mas could sense that his friend was in grave danger- not only him, but also his crew. They had arrived uninvited, bringing with them their legacy of war.

There was no doubt that by now, Lord Victus was aware of the inexplicable danger he and his crew now found themselves in.

Tag: @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @Kahn_Iceay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.