main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Hammer Has Fallen - Remembrance / Veterans / Armistice Day Tribute with a Song to feed it - OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Nov 13, 2021.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

The above song is one my daughter asked (If she ever died before me) to have played at her funeral. The words rang to me on Remembrance Day last week and I decided to write a story Star Wars Related with a single use Original Character. So meet Chaz Theron, a Rebel fighter on a distant Imperial Occupied world.

The Hammer Has Fallen.

Chaz Theron’s eyes were open, he could still see, he could feel and he had time to think. So many thoughts to get through in so little time. Sliding down the wall he’d been standing against as his legs gave out, he closed his eyes to shut out the pain. He was cold, it was a cold night. He tried to take a deep breath, that wasn’t as easy as he’d hoped and pushing one hand to the ground, he adjusted his sitting position against the wall. The ground was cold and wet, but he couldn’t see it well after all it was dark, the middle of the night. Lowering his gaze, he could make out the darkness the ooze flowing from his own body, his pants were wet, but he couldn’t feel it, he could no longer feel anything below the gaping hole in his own torso. There was pain, but he strangely felt calm, crying out or voicing the agony would achieve nothing. It would only alert the enemy to his presence, so he remained silent.

The night had started exactly as planned, they were to infiltrate the Imperial Garrison in the dead of night, retrieve the plans they had been informed were being held there, then blow the Comm Centre giving the enemy no way to call for help. Till they’d reached the Comm Centre, things had gone completely to plan, but then they didn’t. The centre had blown, and the rest of the team had made their escape with the plans. Who knew Stormtroopers could actually hit a target?

Chaz was alone, as team leader he’d ordered his team to go, this was his fate, not theirs. He believed in fate and more than most, he believed in The Force. His mother had raised him alone but had impressed up on her own beliefs, her own understanding of the greater galaxy and what it entailed. Instilling his reason for even being where he was right now.

As he sat there in the dark, the lifeblood draining from his mortal form, he began to reflect on his life. The friends he’d had, and some he’d lost already, the girls he’d loved and also lost. Time was running out and the young man who’d only lived a mere 27 galactic years, knew he could not go back and change things, fix things, or take a few more moments. There were no more moments left for Chaz. He wondered about his father, the one he’d never known, the man his mother had only ever alluded too as someone of significance who no longer lived. Did his father believe in the Force? Would he see him on what his mother had called ‘the other side?’. Would he find peace there? Would this pain follow him? Could he find his way there? He had so many questions, and no one to answer them.

Weakness. His body was starting to fail and he knew his time was coming to an end, with lips trembling as he was afraid, and rogue tears rolling silently down his cheeks all he could do was wait. The galaxy had spoken, the Force was the judge and its hammer had fallen. Death was meant to be his fate.

The Force.

Could he find it now in his time of need? The night was becoming darker if that was possible and he knew the end was close as his breathing sped up. It wasn’t that cold but Chaz was cold and getting colder. He had no feeling in his lower half, but he was struggling to keep his head up. Everything was feeling heavier, his arms, his shoulders, his soul.

Light.

There was light. It was soft and he felt compelled to look to it assuming it was the enemy coming to finish him off. He was wrong.

The figure of a man, glowing a soft gold, shimmering as he bent down beside Chaz. A man whose features were so similar to his own only older that Chaz wondered if this was some sort of reflection. The man extended a hand, then spoke.

“Take my hand Son, its time.”

Chaz gazed with confusion, the voice was ghostly, a whisper almost but it called him ‘son’.

“Father?” he rasped out. Was this his father?

“Yes. Take my hand, I will guide you. You will be one with the Force. I will help you to the other side.”

Although his eyes were open, his sight was fading, Chaz could make out that the man wore the robes of Jedi, the thought to be extinct protectors of the galaxy. Was his father a Jedi Knight? The man smiled gently.

“Time is short, and your time is done in this form. It is time to go Chaz.”

“Will the pain go?”

“Yes.” The hand was extended further.

It was time. Chaz lifted the hand not holding the wound where his lifeforce oozed from his body and took his father’s hand allowing his eyes to close. Warmth, it flooded over his cold and somewhat numb body, he felt warm, light and free. The darkness was gone, the pain gone, and as the final breath of air slipped out, his life was over.

With help, he’d found his way to the other side.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Great story :)

Kahara and Adalia-Durron like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you.

Anedon likes this.
  4. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Must admit I've read it several times. The first time time brought shivers, making me think of absent friends. It has the ring to it of authenticity that is not spoken of because it brings the deeper emotions of loss. Well written and poignant.

Kahara and Adalia-Durron like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Is humbled.

Thank you, your words are so very much appreciated as I understand your point of view. Can't imagine it, but understand it [:D]

Kahara and darthbernael like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great story with him helped by his father. Intrigued. Who was his father?

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I never placed the father...........there were so many Jedi killed in Order 66, so take your pick ;) Thank you for reading.