main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics The High Republic (aka "Project Luminous")

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xammer, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    What a tease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fin McCool likes this.
  2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Episode IX spoilers maybe?

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Very well. Deploy the torture droids and reactivate 000

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm curious if "Project Luminious" is one thing or as I saw someone suggest on twitter a whole slate of books coming post TROS?

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    probaly a slate of books about jedi adfter TROS.

6. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    "[Lucasfilm Publishing creative director Michael] Siglain also announced the involvement of various publishers, including Disney Lucasfilm Press, Del Rey, IDW Publishing, and Marvel." (source: this SW.com article) Edit: :oops: Oh, now I see they're listed on the bottom of the presentation slide already posted, too.

If I had to guess, maybe Gray, Ireland, and Older are writing novels/YA novels/Junior novels, Scott is writing IDW comics and/or Young Reader material, and Soule is writing Marvel comics? But I'm sure there will be some pleasant surprises as to who's doing what, and in what format -- perhaps we'll get another Del Rey audio project?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Does anyone else get Yuuzhan Vong vibes from the tease?

darthzac14 likes this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I really doubt this is a FACPOV for ESB which could have been done in a single book just like they did for ANH and Clone Wars apparently. Could be post-TROS stories about the Jedi or Old Republic Jedi though it seems unlikely for now.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it is jedi related books. and will be right after TROS. they won't touch old republic until the movies does it. It can be off how the jedi and republic rebuild and how they continnue forward. That the movies won't go into. the mvies will probaly just show it is an established jedi order and galactic republic.

10. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    Considering how tight-lipped everyone's been about this series, a post-TRoS multimedia series seems like a good possibility.

BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and Wrinty like this.
  11. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm guessing it's some type of multi media project and at least some of it takes place after TROS.

12. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    I’m getting stop-annoying-us-with-this-pretentiously-named-project-until-you-actually-release-it vibes, actually.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this project is one that may one that sprinng out a series of books with jedi and force related with politics and republic.

14. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    "The Force is what give a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things... UNTIL..."
    ... We find out about an alien species outside of the Force that exists in canon.

That was my literal first thought

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  15. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't think it's post TRoS. It's probably about Luke's Academy/New Republic.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah they wont have books more then a trology about Luke and his jedi and the republic. It's most likley Post TROS or far into the past.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    My money's on this being a series about Force ghosts. Which makes me wonder if Sith who want to live forever, like Plagueis, are involved.

Ah, when they're done playing with Palpatine and are ready to move on to an open-ended baddie...

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Grysk fill that spot at present though...

... but we'll see.

Maybe we'll jump straight back to Mortis and Abeloth. Luminous beings we are not, etc.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well because someone has to say it.

WERE GOING TO MORTIS :p

Edit: Oops say @Sinrebirth tweet...Never mind he said it first

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Would be funny if it turns out they're going to adapt Lucas' ideas of a microscopic world after all. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Look at it this way - January is usually a pretty grim month once the New Year's celebrations are over. This gives us something to look forward to.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Its good to know that we may be getting something along the lines of how they did the New Jedi Order, but this time there are involving everyone from adult writers, to juvenile book writers and both comic book companies IDW and Marvel. Thats very good, so its going to be epic in a way.

23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I can't believe people are actually getting upset about this. Lighten up!! This is all supposed to be fun. Something big is coming in 2020; isn't it enough to just know that and throw some speculation around until they're willing to reveal more about it?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    I don't see anyone getting upset?

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Nobody expects the Positivity Crusade!

bluealien1 and The Positive Fan like this.