main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics The High Republic (aka "Project Luminous")

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xammer, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    GMT, and it was in reference to the Mandalorian novel.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, that was it? Thought there might be a bit more for this project.

3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    A dvd release date for the first season of the Mandalorian would be nice.
    Do you think they have plans for the High Republic as far as an animated series goes?

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They explicitly said it's not for any TV or movies (yet).

AusStig likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Even animation requires a good amount of resources - so if this sells, that might make the case for it.

AusStig likes this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    will we even EVER get DVDs/Blurays for streaming content? Netflix once did some but seems to not do it anymore... Disney+? I pity the loss of owning stuff like that and it would force many fans to burn it to disks themselves, if possible somehow. I know itunes allowed it with their streaming content for personal archiving, but netflix or disney+?

PS: Just wait for Galaxy of Adventures doing High Republic shorts or likewise... or Jedi Temple Challenge reciting stories form that era in animated form

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  7. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    The only DVDs I ever remember Netflix sending out came in little red packages in the mail:p

The Nameless?

Sounds like a one-off villian from from a moderately memorable episode of Doctor Who.

[​IMG]
    ""The Nameless?" What is that then? You hav'nt got a name? Everyones got a name! See, I'm the Doctor and this is Rose. Say hello Rose!"
    [​IMG]
    "Um...hello. Who are 'day then?"
    [​IMG]
    "I dunno. They haven't got names."
    [​IMG]
    "Whaa? But that's rubbish. Everyone's got a name!"
    [​IMG]
    "That's what I said!"

(but jokes aside that's a nice catch. A wonder who their (its?) supposed to be)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Head over to yon Mando thread

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  9. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018

New solicitation-text for the upcoming (January 5, 2021):
    STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC – A TEST OF COURAGE
    Long before the Clone Wars, the Empire, or the First Order, the Jedi lit the way for the galaxy in a golden age known as the High Republic!
    Vernestra Rwoh has just become a Jedi Knight at age fifteen, but her first real assignment feels an awful lot like babysitting. She’s been charged with supervising eleven-year old aspiring inventor Avon Starros on a cruiser headed to the dedication of a wondrous new space station called Starlight Beacon.
    But soon into their journey, bombs go off aboard the cruiser. While the adult Jedi try to save the ship, Vernestra, Avon, Avon’s droid J-6, a Jedi Padawan, and an ambassador’s son make it to an escape shuttle, but communications are out and supplies are low. They decide to land on a nearby moon, which offers shelter but not much more. And unbeknownst to them, danger lurks in the forest?.

JediBatman and Xammer like this.
  10. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Bombs go off on the ship causing it to eventually be evacuated?

A 15 year old Jedi Knight?

How about a Jedi Knight and Vernestra Rwoha newly accepted Jedi Padawan assigned to assist the Starros family during their reassignment to Starlight Beacon.
    Due to the Hyperspace Lane being supervised by Starlight Beacon is disrupted for unknown reasons Vernestra and Starros's son Avon end up together in a escape pod with her master's droid J-6 as her master stays behind to assist Starros's family.
    It turns out there was an attempt to hijack the ship and the attackers are actually after Avon due to his access to his parents inventions.
    Taking shelter on a moon orbiting the world the main ship landed on they soon discover they aren't alone and have to work together if they want to get back to the others.

Maybe its just me but I thought they were planning these stories together?

11. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    they are ..... and kinda disrespectful trying to re write the synopsis just cause u don't like that Vern is a Jedi knight at 15

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Daneira likes this.
  12. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Its not disrespectful to point out the error.
    I'm just hoping this is not the intention of the book and that it leaves a lot unsaid that redeems this.

13. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    it isn't a error thou dear friend ...... and it is the intention of the book . a lot of her struggle will be impostor syndrome brought on by not fitting in with the older Jedi despite the skills that she has that justifies her place as a knight . we've know this since the character descriptions earlier

14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    What "error" when we knew about it for a while?

https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/2...lains-books-release-justina-ireland-interview
    Tell us more about Vernestra Rwoh, the key character in your book and The High Republic. How old is she, considering she had to work in a middle-grade title?

Vernestra’s 16, so she’s probably on the older end for middle-grade — most of middle grade characters tend to be between like 12, 13, 14. But Vernestra has a challenge, in that she is a full Jedi. She’s very young: most 16-year-olds in the Jedi Order are padawans still. She took her testing early, so she’s a bit of a prodigy. She doesn’t know anybody else who is as young as she is so she kind of sticks out, and that gives her her own set of of sort of challenges to deal with. So how is she a Jedi Knight in this order that is being led by amazing Jedi? In her time period, of course they have the lore of the earlier Jedi, so she has that reference. So how does she fit into that space when she’s supposed to be acting like an adult for the most part, but she’s still, age-wise, a kid? It’s really that push pull of that for her. Like what does that mean for her to be a Jedi?

15. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    There aren't any errors in the official synopsis; there are numerous grammar errors in your version.

And what makes you think the stories aren't planned based on this?

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I still don’t like the idea of a 15 year old Jedi Knight.

Hopefully we get a good reason in why she was knighted so young, and why it’s not a common thing for her age to become a knight.

Hopeless, Darth Corydon and AusStig like this.
  17. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    All this humbug about the fifteen year old Jedi Knight, but nothing about the eleven year old inventor?:confused::p

Seriously, guys, we've never gotten an age requirement for knighthoods and we already have real peaple in the real world who are naturally gifted in certian areas, so none of this is really that unbelivable (for the record, the youngest person ever made a knight IRL was, I believe, the future King George IV, who was like three or something. And I'm sure Rwoh is far more worthy of being a knight then he was, lol)

Bold of you to assume something is an error just becuase you think its stupid;)

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Amen to that

some young folk are just better then their older counterparts ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
    Darth Corydon and K2771991 like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Star Wars -- the younger they shine, the greater the fall.

That 15 yr old is gonna end up with a messed up life, mark my words. And the 11 year old will probably turn out demonically evil. Not in this book, and certainly not as children. Wait about 10 years when a new set of authors are writing them as adults.

K2771991, SWpants, Daneira and 2 others like this.
  20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

What if they have a close childhood friend who falls to the dark side at a young age ;p

21. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    I hope not whilst revealing he is an inventor isn't the problem its the fact this shouldn't be something revealed like this, but discovered upon reading the novel.
    Hopefully they will actually explain their backstory because what I typed made more sense.
    I wonder how these will fare to those wild space novels or the Leonis novels involving that character from the Star Wars Rebels series?

22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Well we already had little Annie building things, so a 11 year old inventor isn't surprising to me. I bet he is also force sensitive.

K2771991 likes this.
  23. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Annie building things when he was 10
    Rey working on things and learning how to fly star ships when she was 7-10
    The kid who reprogrammed droids when the CIS attacked the angels in CW
    The Martez Sisters
    Padme and her handmaidens during her rein as queen

Face it The Young are smarter then adults in the war of the stars

K2771991 likes this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The databank mentions Vern is one of the youngest Jedi knight in a generation and she's struggling with that, so clearly it will be addressed in the actual story. It also implies there were even younger knights in the past so...[face_dunno]

Slater, Darth Corydon and Hopeless like this.
  25. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    That's better, still think revealing he's the inventor they're recruiting rather than his parents would have been a good reveal in the book not used on the back of the book.