main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Classics The Holiday Special - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Exar_Xan, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Spokesman of SWTV star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    If anybody is interested in experiencing this classic, as part of our Virtual Celebration, we'll be hosting a viewing party this Saturday night around 10pm EDT. Check this thread for info.

2. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    Learned that the animation segment was written by Lucas (or at least from his detailed story sketch). Is this true or just a hoax? And was George's participation as little as is commonly believed? After all in Holliday Special, quite a lot there is felt as "undistilled ideas" of George.

George as producer clearly gravitates towards such strange humor and eccentric farce (Droids, Labyrinth, Howard the Duck, Radiloland Murders, episode "Praga" in Young Indy, D-Squad arc in TCW).

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  4. DartJackson

Aug 26, 2020
    Data differs between sources. I knew Howard the Duck was a comic, but what does that have to do with it? Lucas produced this film because he tends to be farce and eccentric.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 ST/Anthology/Fan Films Manager taking a break star 5 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I think Lucas only produced Howard the Duck as a favor to the director and writers.

6. DartJackson

Aug 26, 2020
    I know it. But I mean he gravitates towards such farcical stories. And that's why his produced this film. And he could submit his suggestions and ideas without having a writing credit. Moreover, the scriptwriters were his old friends and co-authors.

Take a look at Red Tails. He did not write or direct this film. But it looks like a Lucas movie. EP in Lucas's case can mean a lot.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020