main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends The Honeymooners-- a L/M vignette for Jedi_lover

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Note: @Jedi_Lover is a "overworked healthcare worker" who deserves something to enjoy. It's been a while since I wrote L/M, but in honor of their hard work, I'm going to give it a crack here. This is pre-Union, but related.
    "We've got a problem."

It wasn't the first time Leia had used those exact words with regards to the impending joyous union of the Skywalkers and Jades, but for the most part, the phrase was an exaggeration. It had once referred to the availability of the venue and most recently to Jaina's flat-out refusal to wear a dress.

"What now?" Han chuckled, reaching for another piece of Nerf Coronet. "Did Jacen decide he's not coming unless he gets to wear a dress, too?"

"Nothing that dramatic, but definitely more concerning," Leia said with a slightly fond roll of her eyes. "How attached are you to your honeymoon destination?"

If Mara were in a less helpful mood, she might have commented that they probably wouldn't notice a massive tidal wave or an infestation of granite slugs for most of the week. They'd picked the place because it looked nothing like Yavin IV and had interesting cultural sites nearby in case they decided to explore the great outdoors for a few hours.

Luke would have been both mortified and amused if she pointed that out, though, so Mara contemplated the matter for a long moment before responding. "Before I answer, what makes you ask?"

"Some tensions have arisen."

"We've both been through a war," Luke pointed out. "You're going to have to go into more detail than that."

"They are currently preparing for a quarantine," Han announced. "How much does that bother you?"

Mara choked on the bit of water and Luke failed to look unconcerned. "Define preparing," he said. "Will we just be keeping out of certain cities or are they closing it to all off-world travel?"

"So far, they're isolating the infected," Leia elaborated. "My briefing says that procedures are in place for more drastic measures, but while you may only have to go through a medical exam and maintain a sterile environment, there's also talk of maintaining a four-meter distance from everyone you come in contact with.”

Han, unable to stop himself, piped up, "I now pronounce you man and socially distanced wife. Hell of a honeymoon."

Mara raised an eyebrow and slid her fingers into Luke's grasp. "Some people would call that a challenge. Some people would say honeymoons are wasted without a little telekinesis."

Leia, normally pretty stoic, actually hid her face in her hand at that while Luke treated Mara to a slightly-exaggerated wink. "I think we can keep those experiments private, dearest."

"Please do," Han said on behalf of his wife.

Leia looked up a few moments later, by which time they'd all gotten the urge to tease her out of their system. Mara kept one hand in Luke's, but set down her glass and pulled a straight face.

"To answer your original question, I think it's best if we don't make things worse," she said. "I wish them the best and trust you're directing government resources to help with the current crisis, but I think we could be just as happy on the other side of the Rim."

Just as long as no one thought of Endor as an alternative destination, they'd probably be fine.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett and Kahara like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @DarthIshtar -- this was FUN! And @Jedi_Lover and all others whose lives are upside down and sideways!!! [:D] [:D] Y'all deserve Tahiti vacations and gigantic year-end bonuses! ;)

Kahara and DarthIshtar like this.
  3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    But not in Agent Coulson’s Tahiti.

Kahara likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Lol! Awesome! Yeah, I think they made the right decision. Maybe Naboo or Indupar is nice this time of year. Thank you so much!

I finished my seventh day in a row at work yesterday and was looking forward to my one day off before I start working again. Of course it is snowing and then an ice storm. I get off work and walk out to my car... and slip on the ice and go down hard. I’m lucky...just sore. A nurse went down in the same lot and broke her leg.

No worries! I feel very blessed that I am not hurt and able to continue working. I should have walked like a penguin. That is what all the safety posters say. I guess I was walking too much like a human that wanted to get home.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Bless you for your work. I know that kind of luck. When I was training to be a missionary, we had gym periods four times a week and while we were forbidden to keep score in games, there was the friendly court and the serious court for volleyball. Volleyball is a sport I love playing, so I went to the serious court. One of the Tongan missionaries spiked a ball into another missionary’s arm that she broke her arm in two places. That same missionary spiked a ball into my arm during the 6th week and I just got a bruise and sore muscles.

Kahara likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Wow! That Tongan missionary must have been strong! Was his name Thanos? I never liked volleyball because my arms would be red and sore from the ball hitting my forearms. Eventually I would wear sweatshirts while playing no matter what the temperature. It took out the sting.

Kahara and DarthIshtar like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_laugh] You said it, Han! Hopefully Luke and Mara can find a vacation spot at -- yeah, the other end of the Outer Rim probably. Best wishes to @Jedi_Lover, and to you. And thanks for giving us all something fun to lighten the mood! :)