main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ''Hounslow'' Fan Force Chapter Thread

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by toochilled, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead_AsaDoorNail

Dead_AsaDoorNail Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    Its probably approriate to repost this from FF Comms re: CR CoC.

As you all know by now, I'm sure, there has been a lot of discussion about the behaviour of City Reps, what is expected of them, and what will happen if they do not live up to those standards. After a discussion in the Old Folks Home, we have come up with the following guidelines to try and make it clear to everyone where we all stand. Now before you all protest, both the RSAs and the GSAs have all agreed that we ourselves are also held to the standards that we are asking you to uphold.

They're reasonably simple, really, there are only two of them.

1. You will follow the Terms of Service of these boards to the letter. Yes, it may seem unfair of you to have to be that careful with what you post, but you do have to remember that as City Reps, you are representing your forums. You are role models for the other members of your chapter. They will be looking to you for examples of how to behave and post.

If you are concerned that what you are posting is against the TOS, don't post it. If what you are saying was fully appropriate for these boards, you would not have that small doubt about it. If you are not sure about something, contact your RSA and ask them - they will be more than happy to help you with any of your queries.

Further more, if you see something against the TOS posted in one of your forums, you must contact your RSA and have it removed. Yes, it may be an unpopular move, but part of your job is to keep your forums clean and point out to your RSA anything they may not have seen.

2. You must be polite, courteous and helpful at all times. We're not asking you to be perfect. We're simply telling you that you must not post with 'attitude' during your tenure as a City Rep. Once again, you are representing your forum, and must act as a role model at all time.

We have set out what will happen to you if you do not hold yourself to this, too.

The first time you will be warned. We will let you know exactly what we think you did wrong, and what we think you can do to make it not happen again.
    The second time you will have a temporary demotion, time to be determined depending on the offence. Some offences will get longer punishments than others.
    If you commit an offence for the third time you will be permanently demoted and we will ask your chapter to elect a new CR.

Now before you all start panicking, this applies from now on. Unless you have been warned about something recently, the next thing any of you do will result in step one, the warning.

This refers to ALL CRs in all chapters.

2. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I nominate the affectionate monkey :D

3. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    LOL

Ditto

4. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Who is this......Monkey you speak of?

5. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    He is pictured in the photos which were removed.

6. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    He's going to have to show his face around here so I can "promote" him to blue lettering.

Then once he's assured me he's read and understood the CoC, you'll get your chapter.

7. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Ah. He posted during the summer. But I believe that recent events have caused him to leave the board. :p

8. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    You need him to return then.

One post stating that he has read and agreed the CR CoC and that he is willing to take on the role as CR.

Then I'll formally request the creation of the Hounslow Chapter.

9. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    I think we're in tonight anyway so I'll get him to post later.

//go's back to sick bed.

10. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Ah, I'll read it on Monday then. Have far more fun things to do on a Friday night and the weekend than sit on a messageboard... :p

11. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    True.

tc, you still ill? You wanna drink cranberry juice.

12. RenjoJarbi

RenjoJarbi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Az you lie, you have nothing better to do

13. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    I cannot be online over the weekend. I have much money to be made by selling counterfeit SW DVDs and promoting therapeutic soft drugs. :p

14. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Sir,

I would like to purchase your counterfeit drugs and therapeutic soft DVDs please.

Yours Faithfully,

UKS

15. affectionate_monkey

affectionate_monkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2002
    Hi everybody.

I've been thinking long and hard regarding the offer of the prestisious role of CR for the realm of Hounslow, though some compare this city to the lower intestines of a small rodent I have a soft spot for the place and have decided to accept. I don't expect too much from the ceremony, just a crown or a septere or anything kinda regal.

I have read the COC and they sound like the words of a wise man, and who am I to think that I am above such wisdom. I shall abide by these rules, not only on the boards but also in my everyday life.

People may not remember my posts earlier in the year but they were deep and profound, many people said that they were moved by my posts and in fact made them leave better lives. Unfortuantly due to a bizare fishing accident I forgot my password, but under my new guise I shall try to spread light and happiness to one and all.

16. RenjoJarbi

RenjoJarbi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Ah the infamous monkey! Well I guess thats the CR sorted, and the faction can be started?

Oh and Mr Monkey, I shall meet you later this month

17. MRA

MRA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    Monkey Wrote:

"I don't expect too much from the ceremony, just a crown or a septere or anything kinda regal."

Well, you can always have a drink at the Crown & Scepter pub on the Staines road. Closest thing you can get ;)

Well done on your new appointment!

18. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    Funnily enough, I think he once pulled the barmaid in there {if I remember correctly, as I usually don't :p }
    But I heard the pub had shut down?
    [asks monkey]
    nope, just for refurb apparantly.

Right I hope you are all ready because very soon we shall be leaving this thread and entering our own err, internet message board :p.
    woooooooo hooooooooo and all that jazz :D

So MRA, you heading along to see bond too?
    Come along!

right, that's it from me for the moment, I have timesplitters2 to explore before the wonder of a London Derby comes our way. Spurs vs the scum {or as Az may call them, the scum <well, maybe Chelsea but I'm reliably informed he should use their correct name :p :p :p }

19. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    LETS SEE LETS LETS SEE

20. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    I think they are called scum

21. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    :p @ 'north london scummers' (both sets of them) :p

22. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    oh well, I guess 0-0 is all you can expect from two sub-standard team.
    Tune in tonight and watch Newcastle give a lesson :D

Hmm, where is our board??????

23. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Its not here yet. I think the moderators were too busy locking threads and deleting spam on foreign territory... :p

//hopes for a Maccarone hat-trick tonight :p

24. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    :( @ drug related censorship...

I'd better just rip up those photos from the Scottish meet....... although I suppose I could argue that it was sherbert I was snorting off that prostitute's bosom :D and all those wee pills were for the subsequent indigestion.... [face_laugh]

25. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    Well, D_A said it would be up soon so I guess it will be. Let's give him that time.

I did get a pm asking if Monkey and I shared a house, seeing that our IP's can be the same. Unsuprisingly the answer was yes, seeing as we *shock horror* share a house. Infact, there are three of in the house, all sw fans. {I imagine for some admins that's hard to take. I can see the scene now. ''no, the ip is the same. They are all one person. Whatever people have seen in real life is just a fiction. There can be but one per ip} :p

Gordy, there's nothing wrong with pictures of snorting sherbet in my opinion. The way I see I would asume it's sherbet. Not until there is any censoring would the idea of drugs even enter my head.

Actually, a good point there. We posted pictures of ourselves with roll ups. There is no way to tell if they were roll ups or joints. To censor them is akin to censoring zebedies bag in magic roundabout, saying it contains drufgs, or perhaps taking that telly tubbies handbag. In short, it's stupid.
    I'm sure such silliness shall not repeat itself though.

ooh, and TimeSplitters2 on the GameCube is awesome :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.