main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Houston Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    www.apollocon.org

It won't be fun if we don't have a bunch of cool fans there!! The main stuff will be Saturday, though lots is going on Friday and Sunday. Come out Saturday and drink with Stormtroopers Saturday night... we always have a great time!

See you all at ApolloCon!

PS, posters to this forum new and old, if you are ever at the Museum of Natural Science, ask someone with a walkie-talkie for Ian (that's me) and I can hook you up.

Cheers!

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I'm slow, and that site confuses me. [face_blush]

How much is ApolloCon?

3. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello There,

Wow...Houston has a Star Wars fansite...[:D] [:D] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] .

I lived in Houston most of my life...have been a Star Wars fan for 26 years. When are your get togethers?

THE PIED PIPER

4. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, that is a hard question to answer because of the sheer size of Houston itself.

5. EMPEROR_INFAMOUS

EMPEROR_INFAMOUS Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2003
    wuz up houston..been a long time ..i havent ben here in awhile...

6. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    Hey there,

New guy here... I just moved to Houston from Louisville, KY.

Cheers!

7. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Welcome.

Unfortunately, you'll soon learn that none of the 4 million people in Houston want to commit to doing anything with this group. ;)

8. JediSearch

Jun 23, 2006
    I'm sorry to hear that. We have a pretty good group where I came from (www.kswcc.com)

9. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    lol. The truth does hurt.

10. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

I grew up in Houston and moved to San Antonio for college and then on to Denver. I pop my head in here every now and then. I'm glad that y'all's board is still around and that there is enough posting/interest to keep it going. Good luck and have fun!

11. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    You know, I have read this page for I dont know how long, and barely gathered the guts to finally sign up and say hey, I want to be part of this too! Hope to meet like minded folks, maybe let my inner SW geek really flow. Laters!

12. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    Hello Geek74! Welcome to these forums. The volume on them does seem to be somewhat low, hopefully that will change someday.

It is good to have you here.

13. JediSearch

Jun 23, 2006
    Hey starwarsgeek74,

Welcome to the group!

I'm still fairly new here too. It's always good to find others with similar interests. What does your star wars interest involve? Do you collect? Are you into costumes, etc...? Have you attended any of the conventions like Celebration or Comic-con?

It's good to have you around!

14. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Thanks for the hello's, it almost feels like a little community here! My big thing is (or was) collecting, mostly Hasbro toys. The old lady doesnt like for me to put things up on the wall, and the closet is getting full, so I have had to scale back a bit. As for the costuming, I am REAL interested in getting into that, but not sure where to buy from. And the convention, my brother and I are considering going next year to LA. We shall see...

15. JediSearch

Jun 23, 2006
    That's cool! I'm mostly a collector of the Kenner/Hasbro action figures. I recently moved here so most of my collection is still in storage, although I do have a Loose Sandtrooper guarding my computer.

I wanted to get a stormtrooper costume, but they are too pricey for me.

It looks like we are going to be able to take our son to Disneyland and go to Celebration IV next spring. I hope it works out.

16. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    That's a good idea to make it at Disneyland/C4 combo trip.

I need to think about getting my kids to one of those Disney parks as well.

17. Kel_El

Kel_El Jedi Master

Jan 23, 2004
    Hello all, been in North Houston for about 4 years now. I'm into RPG's and have a large group that gets together every thursday.

I'd like some Info on any official Gaming that may be coming to town... If not we need to set something up...

18. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I think the city of Houston hates gaming. And everything else. [face_frustrated]

My husband and I have a group that meets on Fridays.

19. Scoobmd

Scoobmd Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2006
    Howdy all, I'm from Austin but moved to Houston and came across this site. I've been a long time fan of Star Wars. Anyway, are there any upcoming plans for a meeting or something?

20. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    You could meet up with members of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion at the Best Buy on I-45 North just inside the beltway this Tuesday from 7-10pm for the Star Wars original trilogy DVD release. There is a thread on this forum with more complete information.

So far, there haven't been too many FanForce meetings since I've moved back to H-town. Some folks get together for movie releases from time to time. Keep your eyes here for upcoming events, and welcome to Houston!

21. JediSearch

Jun 23, 2006
    Hey Scoobmd! Welcome to Houston. I'm still pretty new here too.

22. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    With A city this big , traveling around in traffic can drive anyone crazy. After going to Bestbuy and putting faces to names and just having fun, I am more willing to drive and meet more of us. With A weeks notice I can work my shifts around most anything. Weekends are hard but possible. Anyone intrested?

23. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I think we need to get together and hang out a bit more. Grab a beer kind of thing or something :) It was good meeting you 1420, but I didn't even see your face :p But ya'll seem to be a cool group of guys. I may have seen you StormMoose but I didn't hang around too long. But yeah, week notice stuff works well with me.

24. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm pretty good for nights and weekends, also with a weeks' notice or better.

You guys want to meet up at a more central location? There are a number of good pubs in midtown: Stag's Head, Two Rows, etc, that would be good to meet up at and put back a few pints. :)

25. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Mmm...the best part about Two Rows is how close it is to that Texadelphia there in the Village.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.