main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The "I Dare You" Challenge - Got any extra dares???

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VaderLVR64, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Do you like to play Truth or Dare? Don?t you just hate it when the people around you choose ?truth?? Who cares about the truth? We don?t! We can?t handle the truth!

Okay, so now it?s time to play a game of ?I Dare You!?

Am I daring you?

Oh yes!

Here are the guidelines:

By signing up to participate in this challenge you agree to write what your ?partner? dares you, and you agree to dare your partner to write something as well. ALL board friendly, of course! ;)

You will sign up by eras: Before the Saga, the Saga, and Beyond the Saga. Your partner will be from the same era. We will partner up every author who signs up. So let?s say rhonderoo and VaderLVR each sign up and we get each other as partners. I decide to be cruel and dare rhonderoo to write a viggie that features Anakin and Yoda as best friends for life! And she dares me back to write Padme as a Jedi instead of a senator. See? (She?s obviously nicer than I am!)

You will share your dares only with your assigned partner. We want your dares to be a surprise!

All dares have to be in the assigned era, but after that, the insanity is yours to spread. Is there a ?ship your partner hates? Wouldn?t it be fun to watch them squirm and try to write it? Come on, you know you wanna be cruel!

The mods will participate if they choose, but they will not be eligible to win any prizes. What is the prize you ask? You get to pick new colors for the mod of your choice for one week! Yep, tired of Vadey?s Superman blue? Sick of Jade?s watermelon pink? Detest rhonderoo?s purple? Nauseous at the thought of Leona?s green? You can make them change it!

The rules:

You must accept the dare of your partner and write a piece that is between 1,000 and 2,500 words.

Sign up for the era you like to write in. If you?re willing to write in more than one era (for example, Beyond and Saga) then make a note of that and we can partner you up in the era that needs writers the most. You will still only write one viggie, unless you say you want to write more than one, in which case you?d be assigned more than one partner.

You must be willing to come up with a dare for your assigned partner. It can be angsty, funny, outrageous, or downright silly.

You must ?register? to participate in this challenge by August 31, 2005.

You will get your partner?s name by Sept. 2, 2005.

Deadline will be October 17 for all works to be completed and posted in the appropriate thread. And make sure you post the dare as well, so we can see just how cruel your partner was!

And guess what, there are colors for the winners, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! The first place winner will fly their colors for a week, the 2nd place winner for 48 hours, and the third place winner for 24 hours! So not only do you get to change a mod's colors, you get to sport your own!

Go ahead.

I dare you!

A note: We will also need a few volunteer judges, who will also not be eligible for winning. [face_praying] At least two of the mods will serve as judges as well. Something like this was done on the Obi-wan thread and was LOTS of fun! [face_dancing]

[b]Matches: I Dare You Challenge [/b]

[color=seagreen][b]Before: [/b] [/color]
    SabyneAmberle & Commander-DWH
    Fluff-Slayer & JadeSolo*
    DarthIshtar & ZaraValinor
    maychorian & VadersMistress
    Layren & KrystalBlaze*
    tangled_sphere* & Exeter
    raisedbywolves & Neon Star
    Sara_Kenobi* & Nienna_Narmolanya
    BrentusofGath & Neo-Paladin
    Durhelediel* & Agent_Jaid*
    kateydidnt & dianethx
    Aiden_Sanic & Princess_Arulmozhi

[hr]

[color=royalblue][b]Saga: [/b] [/color]

Lovely-in-Orange & obi_ew
    East_Coast_Ryder & leia_naberrie
    Master_Noi & PadwanKayla
    aldocassidy & PadmeLeiaJaina
    Kudzu & TrinityDay
    rhonderoo & Shadowolf
    DarthMousche & Souderwan
    Ben_Watson & GrandAdmiralV
    LadyPadme & pink_sabe>

2. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    I'd love to sign up! Give me the saga please!

P.S.- If you'd rather, I can judge, but whatever. I'll do either.

3. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'd be interested in participating in this (though I don't know why, I'm crippling myself with all of these new challenges ;)), it seems like an interesting idea.

While I'm tempted to go for the Saga, I think I'll go out on a limb and pick Before the Saga.

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I'll go for either Before the Saga or the Saga. :D Oh Mother, you don't want to know what colors I'd give you should I win. [face_devil]

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'll take that dare. Why not?

You can put me down for Beyond. (I like the other sagas but this is what I know most)

Great idea VL. Can't wait to see who gets stuck with me. :D

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm signing up for this! And I want beyond, please.

7. GrandAdmiralV

GrandAdmiralV Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    Oh, what the heck! If the deadline's that far off I should be able to manage it. (Famous last words!)

Put me down for the Saga. I could do Beyond if you're desperate for people in that era, too, although with my luck I'd get a NJO or Vong challenge. [face_worried]

8. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Oh! Oh! sign me up for Beyond! Yee haw!

9. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    This is too good to pass up. Put me down for Saga.

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I just noticed the deadline for this is the 17 of October. My birthday! Cool!

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi VIP star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    That doesn't really sound like much of a prize :p

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, we wanted to give the winner a million dollars, but you wouldn't imagine the paperwork! [face_plain]

13. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Sign me up! :D i'll take any era, so, if there's someone who is lacking a partner, I'm game! :D *laughs insanely* Oi, I think I had too much sugar.. :p

14. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    I'll take Saga, I guess. ;)

15. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Hay how about who ever wins gets to be a VIP and have colors for 4 weeks. Colors of there chooseing I might add. Hows that sound to everyone. And maybe just maybe the mods well let you change there colors to. :)

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi VIP star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I'd rather change their icons. I can think of one icon for all of them as pay back for the banner [face_mischief]

17. gauss1

gauss1 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    I am such a loser, I can't resist this, even though I really should.

Please sign me up for the Saga.

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I am not watermelon pink! [face_laugh]

Something tells me there's not much that could scare us. :p Slave Leia? Yoda? Jar Jar? Bring it on! :D

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, if someone wins and wants to change my colors, I'll let them choose my icon as well! :p But only for a week! :D

20. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002

Hey! :mad: Thief!

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Right? Besides, you have some great challenges over there! :D

Please forgive me? [face_praying]

22. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Nice thats a good prize. Now for me to decide if i'm going to enter? Whens the dead line?

Oh VaderLVR64 VadersMistress is going to love that prize. [face_devil]

23. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I cannot believe I'm doing this! I haven't even finished my Obi Dream Challenge fic! And the homework load is unbelievable. But with a set deadline, I could probably get a story done... And I've been looking to expand my horizons...

Ack! Sign me up now for Before or Saga. (Shoot me later.) ;)

*goes back to English homework*

24. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Make it official, Kim. I'll change my icon, too. :D

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Woo hoo, another sucker! I mean, volunteer...

I think I'll restrict VM from entering. She scares me! [face_worried] Luckily, she's at a Bowling for Soup concert right now. And I'm SO jealous! [face_frustrated] I love them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.