main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "I Had a GRAND TIME at C4! Let's do it again!" Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I had a great time too. LACC was a better facility than Indianapolis and the convention as a whole was far better run than Celebration II.

--MissPadme

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Celebration really is what you make it.

Hanging out with JCers was definitely the best part. Whether it was attending panels at the actual convention, shopping at the store (which I actually got to go in this time around!) and the vendor hall, meeting some famous people, or just hanging out after hours at the Fig or wherever...it was the people and my friends that made this a memorable and fun experience for me.

:)

3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Clearly the Fig became the place to go....
    wish I'd known that beforehand

4. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, there will be a next time.
    And it was all very impromptu. Nothing was planned.

That's something we'll try to rectify at C5.

5. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Yeah, this totally would've remedied my "nowhere to go" sunday night

6. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
  7. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    "As I was leaving Sunday to come home , one LAX baggage check lady said as I was walking away..." I'll be glad when all the silly star wars fans get out of town. Im sick of seeing them...."

She was just upset because you guys were taking up valuable space that rightfully belongs to illegal aliens.

8. ArchFaith

ArchFaith Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2007
    As my first Celebration ever, I have to say...

...it was literally one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

I'm only twenty, and I've never traveled without my family before. This time around, I went with my best girlfriend, and we had a blast. We were so worried that we were excited for nothing, but CIV did NOT let us down!!! I would definitely do it all over again!!

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I enjoyed it and would gladly do it all over again despite the constant soreness in my feet from walking. Meeting JCers, working for OPix, the bluelight special in the store after the con had ended, and getting my personal Ackbar photo signed by Tim Rose, it was 5 days I wish I could repeat a la "Groundhog's Day".

10. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Thanks. It was a couple hours to kill. Upshot, I now know about an arcade that's open late about 10 minutes from where I work, since I went driving around looking for food and cuz I didn't have anything to do til I got a call to pick up a friend. Didn't actually go IN said arcade though...was right when I got the call.

Next time there's a hip place to be, remember the cardinal words, "Let the Wookiee in"

11. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Fixed for you Jen.

And it was great to meet you Ian, Jen, Paulie, Kyle, Helen, and absolutely everyone else. It was an absolute blast, and I don't regret the amount of money I ended up paying to get here.

12. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
  13. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    I had an awesome time and it was great to meet people I had only known from the boards before this. I had a great time at Disneyland and the con was great, Celebration 4 was my first con ever and I thought it was great, there was a nice variety of things to do. I was worried initially about my daughter being bored, well that wasn't possible! She is now a die hard Star Wars fan, after attending this convention. From the shows (one man and 30 minutes are awesome), to the family room with cool activities for the kids, to working for official pix, to laser tag, to the fan films, and everything else, it was awesome. The OPX bonus for working last shift was sweet as well! Hope to see you all at C5------I think we should go East Coast this time! (Yes i'm partial, but i'd go anywhere!)

14. classic_fool

classic_fool Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2007
    This was my first Celebration as well and I thought, as a Star Wars fan, it was well worth it. My dad was already talking about going to the next one while on the plane back home.

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Dingo gives the best hugs. I already miss a Dingo hug. :(

16. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    QFT

17. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Yes, let's.

I'm hoping to be able to afford C5 when in rolls around. 2010, right? That'd be my guess.

I DEFINITELY MUST make C6 since I'm such a big fan of "Return of the Jedi". My guess is 2013.

Yub yub!

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

18. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    This was my first Celebration and I have to say - it was INCREDIBLE!! We met so many people, I learned so much more about Star Wars, got to meet some of my heroes and bonded with my already close buddies. We had a blast at the Sheraton - created a lot of fond and funny memories!!

I'm definitely going to C5!!!

Tim Rose was AWESOME!!!

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    QFT :(

Anyone want to go back next month? We can do it all again. This time teh Fig will be the official meeting place for the con.

20. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I've had fun at all the Celebrations I have attended, but this one was probably the best because of all the great people I met. I spent almost every night hanging out at the Fig and it was an awesome experience. I can't wait for the next one!

21. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I had the greatest time ever. Too many fantastic moments to list, but here is one; I met a guy in the Anthony D. line who had tickets to an event that MR was hosting in Hollywood (at the Jim Hensen company). About 6 or 7 of the SW actors were there, it was AWESOME, by far my favorite part of C-IV, even though it wasn't part of the convention. I even got photo's of me and David Prowse having a beer.

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh yes!!!

He gave me this because I DID sing!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/C4/ackbar.jpg]

23. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    CIV was a blast, I had a fun time.

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I had a blast!

The Troopers that had me cracking up in the West Hall lobby made for a fun time - even if one of them did feel sorry for me.

[image=http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/CelebrationIV/c4021.jpg]
    ^ This guy provided much laughter for me throughout the weekend.

JediXtine daughter had me cracking up when I asked "Are you having fun?" and she replied automatically. "Duh! I'm in L.A. and I'm 10!"

Meeting fellow JCers (my list is at like 47 that my sleep deprived brain can recall).

The kid in the Chicago airport that yelled "Mommy, Mommy, look an alien!" as I ran through the terminal to catch my connecting flight with my lekku on my head.

Random L.A. people stopping to ask, "Are you doing a movie?"

The Mace look-a-like that stopped me after the Costume Pageant to get my business card because he thought I did this professionally.

And so many more. :)

25. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Unfortunately , I did not get a chance to meet anybody from the boards, Just how do you know who is who among 6000 people?
    I did feel like I was never alone though. It was just such a great time, I'm already planning CV & I am now thinking hard to get into costuming so I may join either the 501 or the Rebel Legion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.