main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "I Had a GRAND TIME at C4! Let's do it again!" Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    I dont think we need another con as an excuse to meet up. Vegas sounds more interesting to me to be honest. :cool:

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'm going there this weekend for a week. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Let the C5 countdown begin! =D=

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I am SO down for Vegas!

5. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    April/May 2008? :cool:

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'll go to whatever Erwin is going to. :p

7. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Viva Las Vegas!

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right, dahlink? [face_batting]

9. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    That is the general idea. :D

It'll be C4 all over again. [face_mischief]

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    C5 was a blast and I'm with those that don't want to wait for C5. Been to Vegas once and that was long ago I'd love to go again.

April/May sounds like a very reasonable time. Gives me a year to save up for for it. And I've already started!

I'm going to ask imperial_dork to repeat in this thread what she said about Vegas in response to an inquiry of mine. :D :D

11. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Kendra is the Party expert when it comes down to Vegas. :cool:

12. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Whoa, are y'all for real? If so, I'm going.

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Any chance of late June instead? I'm the one stuck on stupid quarter system, and missing a week of school for C4 really hurt. :(

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    If given enough time, I can schedule nearly anytime off.

I'll say she makes it sound fun.

15. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I've finally returned to post CIV real life. I went to Vegas before flying home. I had fun at CIV but spent too much time volunteering. I didn't get to do everything on my list although volunteering helped me meet so many other fans.

I liked the LA convention center although I agree it required a lot of walking. I wasn't wild about the amount of time it took to shuttle back and forth to hotels. It also seemed like once you left the convention center for the evening you left the Star Wars universe. Thankfully my room came with breakfast and evening drinks/heavy hors d'oeuvres. I didn't have to wander around looking for food and was able to share the time with some really nice Star Wars fans who also stayed club level.

I preferred the area surrounding the convention center in Indy. It seemed like the entire city embraced the fans and the closeness of the hotels, bars, mall, and restaurants invoked a feeling of comaraderie that I felt lacking during CIV evenings.

I'd like to see CV in three years if they plan to hold it in LA again but I understand the rumor is two years. I need time to save lots of money so I can travel without charging to a credit card. This time I spent 3 weeks traveling around the west coast all on funds I've been saving. If they hold it in LA again I want to tour the wine country and hit Vegas again.

As a last tidbit....I set a budget for Vegas and vowed not to exceed my bottom line. I won some, lost some (mostly at the craps table), and some I broke even. By my last day in Vegas I had $20 left of my budgeted money. I decided to use that $20 to play....Star Wars slots! I won back all the money I lost during the trip except for $15. Not bad for free drinks & tons of fun! Of course they were Star Wars DARK SIDE slots! [face_laugh]

16. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I know one thing - it's gonna be depressing not being able to anxiously wait each night anymore for the SW website to be updated with the latest CIV announcement. :(

17. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Here's what I told Healer_Leona about my most favoritest place in the world:

Vegas is great for groups. When I went for my birthday last year, there were 11 of us. We had no trouble finding places that would seat all of us at a minutes notice. Hofbrauhaus is a great place for large groups. It looks like a German beer hall, with huge tables. Lots of fun.

And there's plenty to do for people who don't gamble. A lot of it free, too. Another cool thing is that if some people want to do go other things for a bit, it's easy to split up and meet again - with everything being so close together.

While most things on the Strip are within walking distance, transportation is also a breeze, if you need it. You can even get a limo for about $5 a person to take you anywhere on the Strip.

Needless to say, I'd be there in a heartbeart. [face_dancing]

18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    I LOVED C4! The walking wasn't especially pleasant (my boots took the skin off my right heel and it still hasn't, ahem, 'healed')
    and at times I felt lost, but all in all, it rocked. I got to meet at least a couple dosen new people (though I didn't get any e-mails [face_worried] ) and felt literally adopted by my roomies. I think in a year is too soon...maybe two or three years. Every year would be a bit much.

The food...LOL. If it weren't for my roomies dragging me along and making sure I ate, I'm sure I would have perished. Thanks, guys! ;) When I flew Solo, I subsisted almost exclusively on energy bars and applesauce.

The Opening Ceremonies I loved. It felt like a huge birthday party with a couple thousand guests. The bomb scare really perplexed me; at least now I know why all those news vans were parked outside.

Vegas is one place I'm NEVER going! [face_talk_hand] Star Wars or not. I guess I've been watching too much CSI, but now I'm permenantly scared away from it. Besides, if we had a Star Wars convention there, the Trekkies might feel like we're invading their turf. o_O

19. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Late June 2008 works for me as well. Pretty much any time next year would work for me if I know it well enough in advance.

20. Kasey_Atol

Kasey_Atol Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2007
    I"m certainly going through Star Wars C4 withdraw....and feeling the financial distress as well. Hard coming back to "reality" when none of my friends get into SW. And explaining SW to a couple of my lady "friends" just doesn't go over well. I'm convinced I need to find a Star Wars Chick and that's that!!! I wonder if posting on Yahoo Personals "SithLord in search of Slave Leia" will get many responses??!!!

21. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    I have to admit that I wasn't sure about this one. I wanted to go to the Celebration, but I wasn't all fired up about L.A.

Now that it's done, I can say I was pleasantly surprised. The lines were long, but better managed. The venue was large enough to accomodate everyone without a whole lot of crowding. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The food service was much better than the previous Celebrations. And the store was so much better that I told a staff member that I thought I'd wandered into a weird parallel universe.

Was it perfect? Certainly not; there were things I wasn't able to see for one reason or another. And the prices were pretty high; I figure local taxes were a good piece of that. But did I enjoy it? Yes, I did.

I was figuring this'd be my last Celebration (my knees can only take so much walking); but now I think I might just try one more. Question is, will it be in 2009 for TPM's 10th birthday or 2010 for TESB's 30th?

22. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    I also was not sure about this one because of the location and also because the C3 was not all that. At C3, we have experienced 4 seasons in 5 days, waited few hours to get into the store to buy merchandise just to find out at the end , they messed up my order and had to wait another hour for them to tell me they did not have what I have paid for and gave me few programs instead of a refund. The lines were horrible, very little organization there and the hired help had very little info or knowledge, who was in charge? The best thing about that con was the 501st get together, the parties and the evening the SFFF spend couple of hours in the hot tub with Daniel Logan chatting. He is a cutie, great personality and charming. The LA convention center was much better and the con has turned out much better than I anticipated. The weather was perfect for costuming, not too hot. I have spend most of my time there meeting my costumers and in the vender's room, waiting for the authors to sign my books. I only bought 5 posters and 3 books there because I did not want to drag anything back on the plane besides my costumes. Matt Tollosa drove my posters back to the Bay Area upon his return trip home. The celebration 4 turned out great. Too bad the Celebration Europe is so close, would be a good time to visit London.

23. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Right back at ya. :)

I'd spent all day waiting around in lines, so a few more hours didn't make much difference. How you managed to find the only eatery with a queue in the middle of the night though, I'll never know. ;)

I really had a fantastic time at C4! It was great to meet people from the boards, and other random people while waiting in queues for things, plus the celebrities in the autograph hall, OfficialPix volunteers and security guards... oh so many people. :)

My feet sure were sore after the first day, but the experience was well worth the super-expensive trip from Oz. I really appreciated finally being around people who didn't think SW was a nerdy waste of time!

C4 rocked!

24. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    What can i say, i've a way about me. And hey, I at least found an eatery that was open in downtown. As it was that or drive out a little ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.