main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Iceberg Lounge - Apokolips Now OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by TheAdmiral, Sep 5, 2020.

1. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Thank you, that means a lot. BWL is semi new to me and I am doing my best to capture his essence. Constantine is one of my favourite DC characters so getting the opportunity to play him is a treat.

Darth_Elu and Kurisan like this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well the Joker is going to have to meet this chap.

Darth_Elu and darthbernael like this.
  3. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    That will be an interesting encounter. And give BWL more explanation as to the button he found.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  4. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @galactic-vagabond422

"Keep it up!"

at first I was...
    [face_laugh]
    and...
    :eek:
    then I was...
    [face_blush]

Who says the bad guys have all the fun? [face_love]

5. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    This is a public service offer from me... to everyone!

If you would like, I can make composite images for your characters like I do for mine.

If you would like this, post here (or send me via PM if you wish to surprise your friends!) the image of your character and separate image of desired background.

For best results, use high definition images with lots of pixels. For the characters, try to use images with the current background a clearly different colour/brightness to the character. This enables me to digitally “cut it out” easily, then place onto the new background.

For the background image, consider perspective and how the light is falling, compared to the hero image. Also I suggest a background that is not too “busy” or it will detract from the foreground character image. I suggest generic google image searches with keywords like “abandoned warehouse” or “alien jungle” etc.

I can play with light and colour to some extent to get the right balance, but the closer it is in the first place, the quicker it goes for me.

As an added bonus, if there is an actor who looks somewhat similar to you, send me their image and I can stick their head onto your character so you can see “yourself” in the role!

For this you obviously need to find an image of the actor that is posed and facing the same way as the image hero onto which you want me to place it!

Again, I can play with light, colour and skin tone a bit to try and get a fit.

The JLA all seem to have lots of useful images for this purpose...

Thank you for your attention.
    @Shadowsun @greyjedi125 @galactic-vagabond422 @Darth_Elu @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral @The Jedi in the Pumas @Master Vo'Un'Var @darthbernael
    @Jerjerrod-Lennox
    @HanSolo29
    sorry if I missed anyone I’ll tag later...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  6. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    *Looks at @TheAdmiral *

These people have no idea...

7. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    So Red Hood wants to kill the Joker...

Makes sense... Not like he hasn’t done it in the past month or anything...

Who am I to stand in the way??

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Everyone is just obsessed with me.

Understandable, of course.

Have you see my smile? It’s incredibly memorable.

9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    If the Joker were dead, then he couldn't be here. Simple. :p

10. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    [​IMG]

*Drops mic and runs off*

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    LOL!!!! More targets to eliminate. :p

12. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    BWL stands off to the side, chuckling darkly at the Red Hood seemingly about to murder the clown. A possible ally, either one. But it was survival of the fittest, or perhaps the most insane.

A backhand rocks his cowl, "Ooiee mate, knock it off with that nonsense." A drag at the cig again.

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    So, I'm assuming Commissioner Gordon can recognize his own daughter's voice and is just...playing along? right? [face_dunno]

14. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    It’s called the power of denial. :p

15. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    *cough* Deathnote *cough*

...kinda a random reference lol....

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  16. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
  17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
  18. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Pouts and sends the rabid robins out to cause more mayhem, turns to the anti hero nearby "Limey, none of those idiot Spandex wearers even deigned to notice my little display, guess I need to demolish the whole of City Hall next time."

John drags on his cig again, nearly coughing up a lung, "You're just another crazy for those do-gooders to deal with, not my problem."

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  19. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @greyjedi125 I asked our very informative and masterful GMs about this as I was not sure how to play it with Barbara. They instructed pretty much what @Darth_Elu summarised so well above. It's not that he doesn't know, he doesn't want to know. I think it's cognitive dissonance - or confirmation bias? [face_thinking]

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    It wasn't meant to cause a stir, but I knew there was a good reason for it, lol. The mind is indeed a powerful organism. It can warp our perception of reality if we let it, no super powers needed! :p

Carry on Barbara! *Cat Dance* [face_dancing]

Kurisan, Darth_Elu, Shadowsun and 2 others like this.
  21. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    No problem @greyjedi125 - interesting that we asked exactly the same question. We must be connected... [face_mischief] aaand you got me cat dancing now too... [face_dancing]

22. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Can I call a little OOC meeting on what JLA members want to do?

@Master Vo'Un'Var is Batman really going back to Gotham? I thought the kids were doing ok!

@Darth_Elu and @Shadowsun it seems like Martian and Aquaman are making friends with Shazam so you think you will go with @greyjedi125 to face Black Adam?

23. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Yeah I expect he will be torn between going back to Atlantis to make sure everything is groovy or hunting down Black Adam. But most likely the latter.

darthbernael likes this.
  24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, lets see what else Admiral and Pumas might throw in. Some GMs have ideas already in mind. [face_thinking]

And I figured we were deciding IC. :p

Though Martian Manhunter is undecided currently, waiting to see what everyone else is leaning toward. He has no preferences.

darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  25. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Depends. I can see likely options for staying or leaving right now.

EDIT:
    @greyjedi125
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020