main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Icon Process is Complete! Please Post Your Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    All Your Base Anakin and Yoda-George are hilarious.

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Thanks DarthSapient [face_blush]

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Yes, they are [face_laugh]

Oh, and Theron. I would like to second your Obi Wan from AOTC being uploaded. I noticed Sapient said something about it, so I checked it out. It is awesome :)

Shinjo! :)

4. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Yep. I have a "hunch" about that one... ;)

5. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    [face_shocked]

6. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I've just been talking to Gay-Len Kenobi over MSN, but as she's far to lazy to post herself, I thought I'd pass on a question she has about the new voting system for uploading icons:-

I don't understand, are we supposed to vote for our own, or for the icons of the other icon makers?

It seems like people are mostly just voting for themselves, and I'm not really confortable doing that.

If you could answer that, I'd be terribly grateful. And why aren't there anymore Tarpals icons? Bah!

7. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    I believe the idea is for everyone submit the best of their own icons so that it's easier to pick the best ones without having to dig through a lot of different pages.

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Didn't Grilled-Sarlacc say we're supposed to be restricting these questions to private messages? ?[face_plain]

Oh, wait... damn...

9. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Wow, nice icons BYOB! :)

They are all really great but I especially like the flying R2D2, the speeder silhouetted in the sun, and the Sith Witch.

10. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    On the first page it says

"Use this thread to submit your own favorite icons that you have created"

So I took it to mean to list the ten icon I've made that I like the most.

I personally don't understand what she means about being uncomfortable. It's not like your being selfish and inconsiderate of others icons.

But if she feels uncomfortable listing her own icons she can do what JMT did. List five of the icons she has made and likes, then list five other icons that other icon-makers have made.

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    What Theron said. I know you are proud of your icons and that you love every one them, but surely, you can choose 10 that you are most proud of. 10 is a big number for this thread idea and should allow you to feel you are not leaving out any "must-haves", if you know what I mean. We will have lots of icons to go through. It will be interesting to see...

I will say one thing as a suggestion to all. You don't have to do this, but take into consideration icons of creatures, people, etc. that we do not currently have any icons for. For example, do we have any Nexu icons? It's up to you. Just give us your best! :D

(edit: The tentative cut-off for icon submission will be this Sunday the 25th at 5:00 P.M. Board time. I will then lock the thread and begin the process of organizing all the icons for the Mods to vote on. The ones with the most votes, get loaded.)

12. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    For ease, I put my own favorites on top of My Picks Page. Unfortunately I can't go back and edit my previous post to make it more load friendly :)

13. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    You know, if you want to sway the judges, submit PT Obi-Wan icons. ;)

14. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
  15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    That's the spirit!

16. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    [face_laugh] Sapient

And just wondering, who is on the Judges Council ?[face_plain] I think its the Moderators but have wondered about that :D

17. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
  18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Yes, I saw that you bumped it. Now we have three icon threads on page 1. And I'm not entirely sure who picks them. Grilled-Sarlacc is the man to ask. :)

19. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Thanks ;)

I knew he had something to do with it. ;)

20. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
  21. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    It's probably time to lock the JC Icon Pick, unless everyone wants to keep it around.

But the way I see it, the Custom Icons Sudmission is the icon social thread where all creators gather to share and advertise their work.

The JC Icon Pick is really a place where the artists vote on each other's icons. (BTW most of the icons in there are popping up in this thread as well! ;) )

THIS thread is for the artists to send us their OWN favorites of thier OWN stuff to be uploaded.

The way icons are going to be uploaded is with the Icon Selection Committtee in the Mod Squad.

And this thread will be locked this Sunday (the deadline for your submissions), so we won't have to worry about 3 icon threads on the first page anymore.

Clear as mud? :)

22. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
  23. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    I guess I only really liked a few of my newer icons, and I also thought that some of the other artist's icons really needed to be uploaded. I suppose I was an idiot and didn't read carefully enough....sorry about that folks. [face_blush]

24. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Don't worry about it, JMT. I was confused too. :)

25. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    The JC Icon Pick is really a place where the artists vote on each other's icons. (BTW most of the icons in there are popping up in this thread as well!

Actually I believe it was for ordinary users to vote for a particular Icon that they wanted to use... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.