main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The "I'm bored, what are you all doing" thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lozza, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    High school inevitably has its ups and downs, but we tend to keep those bad memories healthily suppressed. You aren't the only one who didn't see it as a time of happy sunshine and flowers, though.

2. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    hmm, so what is the chance that all of us on this board were a bunch of rejects???
    Birds of a feather flock together???

3. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Now, to drag the subject away from bitching about my school years, I'm claiming bragging rights over scoring a couple of Babylon 5 soundtracks on eBay...

[face_dancing]

I got my filthy little mitts on the episodic soundtracks The Long Night and Z'Ha'Dum.

EDIT:

Hmm, you could be on to something there, Lozza... [face_thinking]

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    've been wondering about that recently, am I the only one who really hated high school???

To describe my high school years in Townsville, I would say, to poach from Dickens, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Though to be fair, the 'worst of times' had nothing to do with the actual school stuff, just with other stuff that was going on in my life at that time. High school itself was pretty good, generally. I'm still in touch with several people I knew from then, and still like to go up to Townsville at least once a year to visit and see them.

5. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    *slides on up to Cargs and steals the soundtracks and then runs off*
    Mwaahahahaha! [face_skull]

6. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005

..hehehe.. try growing up and attending State school in A Y R !!!!

I enjoyed schoolwork.. reviled and despised practically everyone in my year, and I was stuck with them from kindy thru to most of highschool.

Anyone up for another viewing of Serenity tomorrow night?? Any night this week in fact?

7. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    This thread was shaping up into a "what are you doing now" thread. I'm cool with the gaming and school tangents.

Right now I'm online checking my email, the QldFF board and my Gaming clan's forum. I'm on my lunch break, and there's 6 hours of work when I get back that I am loathing going back to. Mondays are terrible in my store. Lack of staff + biggest day for customers. :rolleyes:

Gaming talk, I'm loking out for Hellgate:London, and I'm scoring Tribes Vengance off a friend this week so I can have a hit of it.

School, I too had a lot of bad times at school, but I also had a few shiny moments. Funny how 11 years later people suddenly want to talk to you.

8. EnempE

EnempE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2005
    Some people require 11 years to realise that other people are worth talking to.

A lot of kids in highschool are still trying to work themselves out, without wanting the complication of another point of view.

9. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I actually enjoyed school, and being there. I was fortunate enough to find a group of friends much like me, who felt comfortable not being super cool, but happy to enjoy each others company and have fun. Yes we were the somewhat nerdier group of girls, but not so bad. My best friends now are still friends from school...well friends from childhood really.

I thinkI'm lucky and I can totally see where some of you are coming from. Had I not had that bunch of friends..true I only talk to like 3 out of 12 or so now, but school would've been overwhelming.

I'm intrigued by Cargs' long lost friend messages...can we make a reality show about it? LOL.

10. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    At this moment I rueing the lag that meant I could not play in a match for my online team tonight (Day of Defeat - WWII FPSer). Luckily I could be subbed.

I'm also wondering if I can make it to the Saturday Serenity screening as I am house sitting, looking after dogs. I'll try to organise my brother to look after them that night.

11. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    [face_tired] Time: 0101

Just checking email and crap...chatting with other people on MSN normally on this time too

12. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Time: 17:23. Just got back from uni, am about to leave to pick younger brother up from gymnastics class, then go to work. Fun fun fun.

13. EnempE

May 22, 2005
    18:03
    Redesigning a layout for a wide format multi function centre

Part way through the access control system for a fancy 80+ apartment development at westend (pool and gym, swish!)

Thinking about cleaning my desk, It is getting to be a little unmanageable.

oh, I will prolly start reading a few online comics soon.

I hope to get home before 20:00 so that I can lift some weight before watching spicks and specks.

14. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    ooo I feel like I'm perving in your window NMP watching your life go past :) Nice to get to know people's day :)

838pm :
    I just finished watching Beyond tomorrow and am considering watching Lemony Snickets. My boy's been asleep now for a good 1/2 hour so just cruising into my own time..and feel like heading to sleep LOL.

15. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I'm just wiling away the time until the next episode of NCIS finishes d/ling. I might play some Evil Genius while I wait.

16. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    9.40pm Back from kung fu, after dropping off various library borrowings. Odd night at fu, after boy half my age tried to out-muscle me. Needless to say, didn't happen, and I took it upon myself to help him let go of some ego but I have to admit, it was an empty victory and pointless lesson, as he only got upset, and didn't learn anything.

After fu, I visited 'coles' and ordered some of their delicious "red gum smoked turkey breast" (can I say breast on this forum?). Only I said to the girl "I don't want the dry bits", to which she replied "it's just the edges", before packaging it up and handing it to me. Admittedly, I did take it, somewhat offended, and ditched it 3 feet later in the meat section.

Also, I seem to be having trouble with punctuation - a distinct excess thereof (it would seem; I hope it ends soon).

17. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Right at the moment I'm staring blankly at the computer screen. I've spend 5 days on 5 hours of sleep and consequently don't have much of a brain left.

18. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Right now I am putting the html into a blog message for friends to read. Access it via my profile.

19. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I intend to catch up on 2 weeks of lost sleep. my last uni election is now over :D

20. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    01:17am .. been drooling over the spoils of my latest dvd raid .. Babylon5 boxed 5 movie set... Late Spec Ed boxed 3disk set Pirates of the Caribean.. Cosi.. Fisher King.. Three Musketeers (Kiefer version)... JFK .. Man From Snowy River .. The Thorn Birds... (ok so I'm trying to extend my Australian selection)

.. heading to sleep. Have to be up at 6.

21. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I love that three muskteers version :)

22. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    ooo I like that one too! Oliver PLatt is amazing.

Time 352pm Saturday. I'm just checking emails and boards to mkae sure the shindig is still on, and trying to decide if it's going to be cooler or warmer tonight. Hate bringing jackets but hate being cold. :)

Also posing my artist wooden doll with no intention of drawing it, just making it into thinker poses and such :D

23. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    At the moment I am househunting. Looking online is so much harder than being there in person. Oh well that's 100km for you.

24. EnempE

May 22, 2005
    working on yet another residental project.

this one is poorly managed, boo! I hate redesigning things twice.

Stuff it, I am going to kungfu, dislocated a finger last week, I wonder what i can hurt tonight.

25. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    coincidentally enough, I'm just back from kung fu, and feeling a little bit bad about things, as there were two new girls there tonight (well, they've been to 2 or 3 lessons before) and anyway one of the, just would not protect her face, and I tried to get her to cos we were doing this drill.. anyway, of course, as you've no doubt guessed, my fist went straight into her teeth. It's not like I hurt her, but I did feel very bad about it.

And she did start protecting her face after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.