main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC The IMAX EVENT

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Have you talked to the 501st? If we can get a big group, that's when we should do it!

2. Dark_Jedi_Jim

Dark_Jedi_Jim Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2002
    I'm from the Maryland FF. It would be easier for me to make it on a Saturday. Hopefully we can get a bunch of MD FF people down there, as we usually meet on Saturdays.

3. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Can anyone tell me where this Imax is so i know what i am doing.I think i will go on Friday since i have to work on Saturday but I need to know where it is and if those who cant go on Saturday would want to go on Friday.There is no reason why we can't go costumed two nights in a row.
    what ya think?

4. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    The IMAX is in the Natural History Museum in the Mall. I would rather go Saturday, but Friday will work too. How is the money gonna work and can we come even if not in costume?

5. Jan lo

Jan lo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 1998
    Just to let you good people know, the 501st and the Rebel Legion have given up working in an official capacity with the IMAX people in DC.

Overall, the managers have not been very receptive to the idea of a costumed media event in our area. The RL/501st attention has been directed towards Virginia Beach and Richmond instead.

Don't let this stop you from attending, in costume or out of it, but the 501st and Rebel Legion probably won't be there in numbers. Sorry to break what, to me, is sad news.

6. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Richmond was just confirmed tonight to get it too! Woohoo!
    Keith

7. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    cool!! for awhile there I thought DC wasn't going to get it.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    OK I just talked to her and we need 20 people to get the 6 dollar rate and reservations. I wish she had told me before. the best we can do is go the day before and buy our tickets.

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    We don't have 20 people going? Bummer. I'll see who I can dig up. I've got at least 3 for whatever show we pick (me, Ken, and a friend of mine.)

I'd say we just go to Richmond for a big gang, but every time I try to go there, it turns out badly.

10. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    we have over 20 people but 10 want friday and 11 want saturday

11. Tohrec-Ri

Tohrec-Ri Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Count me in!

At the moment, Friday at 8:15 would be best for me.

Nonetheless, I will promote it to other friends in case they're interested.

Later,
    Hector

12. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I would have thought that Saturday would have been the better day for this but sounds like we're still evenly split as to which day to go.

IF it helps get you any to get 20 people for one show Kam, I can be open for either date/time. I'll try to keep up-to-date on this thread.

13. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    It appears that most of the folks I've been in touch with want to hit the first show (6pm) on Friday. Saturday probably would be easier, but I'm fairly flexible. Besides, there's just something about catching a Star Wars movie the first day it opens, you know? I'll be on the look out for any and all who can come to that showing. Are the folks with costumes going to be wearing them? I'll probably be sporting the "Jedi Luke Look" that night. Hope to meet some of you there.

Bruce

14. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Friday would be better for me.

15. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am in for friday i will be in my blue Jedi costume. I will pay what ever price. I just don't want to show up in costume alone.

16. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I will be in costume and will probally do both days, depending on what Dark Jedi Tionne says

17. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I doubt I'll be in costume since I still don't have one...

18. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Okay question - their website says you can buy tickets up to two weeks in advance. If I run down there this weekend can I buy tickets for AOTC? Or are they not selling tickets yet?

kasjedi

19. darth_ferret

darth_ferret Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2002
    Once again, I'm there and I'll probably show up around 3 or 4 to make sure I can get tickets to the Friday, 6PM show. I'll be the tall, lanky, dark-haired geek listening to an iPod to pass the time.

See you guys there.

Chris

20. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I won't be in costume either, since I don't have one. But I'll probably wear a SW shirt.

21. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    If I find a costume I'll be there as Leia.

22. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    If it helps, I will bring a friend, but can we get tickets at the door?

23. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I can do Saturday, Friday is completely out for me, are they having another show, besides 4 oclock on sat.?

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I've got at least 3 friends who have expressed interest in coming, though I'm still working out which show. (I'll go to any of them, I'm a nerd) Is there a defnite deadline for us to get our tickets?

25. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Hey, I am a newb- but my husband is in the 501 and we could possibly get the md garrison to come aboard. We personally could do friday night at 8:00. Tell me if you want me to invite the 501 garrison to join to get a cheaper rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.