main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Indy Nightlife

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grimby , Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    OK, we all know where we'll be during the day, but when the sun goes down and the stars come out, where will we go to have a good time?

I remember last time around I met up with some people at one of the hotels across from the convention center. I ran into X at a bar one night. That was pretty cool. :cool:

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I dunno, but I doubt the indy nightlife is anything like that in Seoul ;)

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    yeah, it gets pretty crazy around these parts, I tell ya.... :cool:

[face_mischief]

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I went to the "Have A Nice Day Cafe" a couple of times and had a great time. Some memorable and not so rememberable times those few nights. :p
    I loved Indy at night, great times and I am getting ready again.
    Under rated as a place to visit surpassed my expectations. :D

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Anything for underaged people who can't drink?

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    last time, my friend Tim and I went to an Arena Football game one night, where they offered a discount to those showing up in costume, so Tim wore my Jedi robes at the ticket booth.

there is a downtown shopping mall that has a pretty cool arcade (there was a line for the SW Trilogy Arcade machine, imagine that), and also a movie theater... lots of star wars fans went to see the opening night of Spider-man.

since we stayed outside of downtown, we also checked out some of the fine dining south of the Interstate... for Cinco de Mayo, us San Diego boys ended up at a Pizza Hut (hey there are pretty much no dine-in Pizza Huts in southern california left). pretty sad Cinco De Mayo...

I'd say stick with your fellow fans... there's probably going to be lots of hotel parties and other side trips..

7. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    yeah, Circle Center Mall downtown has a lot of great stores and places to eat and such. there's also a big ol' arcade and theatre on the very top floor. In general, there's a bunch of great restaurants in the downtown Indy area.

Blood and souls for my dark lord!
    I am on a crash course with bloody destiny!

8. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd say stick with your fellow fans... there's probably going to be lots of hotel parties and other side trips..

That sounds like a good idea. How are the mueseums down there?

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "Museums" aren't what I would consider nightlife...something to see and do after the con, sure, but like all museums, they tend to close in the early evening. I edited in the links to various touristy things to see in this thread, so you can check out all the sites your self. The Indianapolis Childrens' Museum is regarded as one of the finest childrens museums in the world (not just me, people who get paid to rate this things think so too). Even for adults it's pretty cool.

Other nonspecific age things would be a sporting event of some kind...the Indiana Pacers would be playing in the playoffs during that time, which I would highly recommend, but it's expensive. On top of that, the Arena Football team, the Indiana Firebirds', and our minor league baseball team, the Indianapolis Indians' seasons both overlap during that time of year...both are cheap, tickets are always available, and both are a lot of fun, even if neither sport if your cup of tea or coffee or whatever.

10. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Well, i'm really not a football fan. the convention closes down for the night at what time?

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Most things closed up about 6 PM on Friday/Saturday...Sunday was around 4. There were a few things that remained open/on-going, but I'm talking about the bulk of the areas/activities.

12. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Is there any kind of live music venue around there that could possibly try and book the band Nerf Herder to play during those days? I guarantee it would sell out each night, even if they played all four nights.

John

13. JediHobbit

Mar 2, 2002
    there's a good number of local music venues: bars, clubs, and such. and there are some pretty decent local bands on the circuit from what I've seen. I'll try to keep my eyes and ears open wants it starts getting close to that time. my roommate's sister is usually on top of stuff like that too, so I'll make sure we know about the good stuff. ;)

14. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks JediHobbit it will be much appreciated especially for myself that lives for the nightlife.

Between the CIII and the Indianapolis nightlife ..who will have time to sleep?
    Why even bother getting a hotel room?
    Oh..wait need to shower...or someone there who can share a garden hose and some water :p

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    to quote myself:

slee... what...

what's that..

I only have a hotel room so that I can store my luggage and sleep on sunday night passed 3:00 hours (AM) when there will be nothing left to do.

16. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I am looking forward to experiencing more Indy nightlife as last convention we were up so early to wait in lines my tired little eyes couldn't stay awake too late into the night! 8-}
    For CII however I want to go out and enjoy Indy at night and the convention during the day! :)

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I saw today a nightclub in Indianapolis that was shown in Maxim magazine called "Land Sharks".

I will have to go there it looks awesome. [face_devil]

Has anyone else been there yet? How is it?

18. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    LandSharks is actually in Broad Ripple, which is about three blocks of nothing but bars. It is about 10 minutes north of downtown. They have a wide variety of bars there.

There are also a ton of bars downtown if you want to avoid the cab ride to Broad Ripple, they are all just a little more spread out.

Broad Ripple would be a good place to go if you need a break from the "Star Wars" crowd for a good night of drinking. No underagers there though, unless you just want to hang out at the StarBucks.

19. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks whojedi. I am counting on a few Star Wars people will join in a few hours with me in Broad Ripple.

I did go to the "Have A Nice Day Cafe" and had a great time there back during C2.
    I will be in Indianapolis on the Monday before C3 so I have plenty of time to check out the city.

20. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    What time do things close down in Indy?

21. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    There's a Jillians there for anyone under age. We checked it out Thursday night last time, it wasn't bad.

22. JediHobbit

Mar 2, 2002
    Jillians goes 21 and over after a certain time though. and yes Broad Ripple is a few blocks of bars and restaurants a bit north of downtown and right near my school (Butler University). It's a good time, though I haven't actually been in any of the bars. I'll just be turning 20 in about a month.

though I'll be turning 21 on the last night of CIII, so all you guys can treat to a round of drinks. ;)

23. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I, DarthLucanas do hereby decree that the last day of CIII should be JediHobbit day in honor of his bithday and it should be named Celebration III.5 :p

I should still be in town so if we should meet up I'll be happy to buy you a round.

24. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    palamino and hardrock cafe

25. JediHobbit

Mar 2, 2002
    Celebration III.5? that's awesome!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.