main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Inquisition's Here and It's Here To Stay: The Dragon Age Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by DocRevan, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I can see why they did not, seeing how one of the main endings being her sacrificing herself.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i am leaving the big decision that shockingly comes so early in the game of who to side with till later. i am doing other quests for awhile. To me i was going to side with templars at first, however right now they are being impossible, while the mages are willing to deal.

ran into a dragon on storm coast and nearly bought it.

3. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i am doing a seperate post, as for some odd reason, it is acting like my whole post is a spoiler, and it's not.

finally at level 8 i am feeling comfortable with the game, though i suspect a mage character will take much longer to feel right. enjoying my archer big time. i stealth, flank, ask my party to attack front and center while i use by best perk to attack the side or behind. very effective, but im on easy mode.

4. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    You know I am kind of glad that they didn't include the Hero of Ferelden. I liked Leliana's references to my Prince Cousland, but I am afraid that they would make him act out of character if he showed up in person.
    I was kind of annoyed with how they dealt with my Fem Hawke. She was always acting so grouchy when I first bumped into her and I had to double check in the keep to make sure she was set at Sarcastic. Also she was constantly raging about how evil Blood Magic was even though in DA2 I picked Blood Magic as her combat spec. It wasn't until we got into the fade that she finally started acting like the Snarky Hawke I liked so much.

5. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Ah my Hakwe was spot on, with a hatred for the whole world and especially mages. ;) Also I swear boss fights in this game are just nerve wrecking. Just fought the Dragon in the Eastern Approach and somehow beat him with the last sliver of life on Varric.

6. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    in da2 the boneyard dragon was almost invincibe because of the dragon babys helping. it was brutal.

7. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    The Dragons in this game are pretty hard but I haven't had too much trouble on the other bosses. I am playing on Normal difficulty with a Two Handed Qunari Warrior as my Inquisitior. "Mighty blow" is a god send; I was doing over 1000 damage almost every time against dragons. So far I have killed one Dragon in the Hinterlands and another one on the Storm Coast.

8. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

i was in Storm Coast and nearly got destroyed by a dragon. The only reason we survived most likely is because i was playing on casual. i can play normal mode, but start on casual till i get a feel. i play lots of games, but i guess im not a hardcore gamer in that i do not try to play on hard or nightmare. i want to enjoy a game.

meanwhile i am ignoring the divisive decision to pick a side. to me it's to early to rabbithole my character. i was hoping that unlike DA2 that you would have a choice in this game to bring peace to both sides, instead of going to extreme measures to eradicate one side or the other.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Taking my slow sweet time with this game

Doing only side quests

JediMatteus likes this.
  10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I wish I was more into this. But the controls are so retarded, and I don't know why. Well I mean I do, because consoles [face_tired]) but previous DAs weren't this... awkward.

Point Given likes this.
  11. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah I just plugged in my 360 controller. Just easier this time around

Gorefiend likes this.
  12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    On the one hand, the game itself is very good. Story is good, characters etc.

On the other, I'm furious that BioWare/EA Games released it with so many game breaking bugs.

And frankly, PS3 and Xbox 360 should have been dropped if the graphics were going to be this bad.

I literally watch as the ps3 attempts to load the various levels of detail on each character. Sometimes it succeeds. Other times not so much. Every single time I entered haven the game would freeze for a second as I ran up the steps. At least once an autosave corrupted where loading it would cause the whole PS3 to freeze.

And then there's actual mission bugs:
    The worst is the ball to prevent Celene's assassination. You need to gather evidence before triggering a return to ballroom part of the quest. Problem is you need these hala statues. But the first one you can get and need to get is hidden and needs to be found BEFORE entering the ball. If you don't, you can't get into a room that contains vital evidence. Likewise you can't just game over and start again. Because once you are at the ball, you can't just return to Skyhold. You are locked out. Nor can you leave the ball for the earlier part of the palace. You are effectively trapped. So I had to restart this portion. THANKFULLY after the corrupted autosave, I had saves at various points including one just before entering the ball. But still, it's absolutely insane that this wasn't caught.

13. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Graphics are that bad for consoles huh? I'm sure they put more effort in Xbox 1 and ps4. They aren't going to put in the effort for last gens

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Pretty much spot on.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Looks great on the PS4

16. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    That's what I figured

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

The comparison vids are lol. Old-gen consoles are meh, next gen are nice, PC is gorgeous.

Gorefiend likes this.
  18. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Just finished the main story. I felt the final quest was a little anti-climatic IMO, but over all the ending was pretty good. The ending was reminiscent of DAO, especially with the epilogue slides at the end.

19. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I'm still quite a ways away.have not logged a lot of hours yet,and have done several hours in side quests. To me this is not a game of the year game . its good, but feels that it is missing something

20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

More of a question of what else would be? This year lacked a certain Umpf in video games, unless we count Nintendo ;)

JediMatteus and Shadow Trooper like this.
  21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    true, it may win by default. I dont think Far Cry 4 will win. So what else is there? Destiny?

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    No way Destiny is getting any awards other then "nice try, thanks for playing"

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    So I'm about 25 hours in and I'm only now realizing that my Dragon Keep wasn't properly imported. It's reading my Hero of Ferelden as a Dalish Elf instead of Dwarf Commoner.

Oh, and the game thinks my character is a female. When everyone was referring to him as "she" I thought it might have just been a stylistic choice. But no, I'm constantly referred to as Lady Herald. It kind of ruins the immersion factor. Supposedly they are working on a fix.

I really don't feel like starting over at this point. Just kind of annoying that I'm not playing in the world I "created" when I played the first two games.

Amazing.

24. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I think the most immersive moment I had was when Cassandra took me to another part of the castle to talk and I had no idea where I was afterwards and was lost for 10 minutes trying to get down.

One would think the Herald of Andraste jumping off a roof into the Chantry Gardens because he can't find some stairs would be a diplomatic faux pas

WadiumArcadium and JediMatteus like this.
  25. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I just bought it yesterday and am playing right now on PC. Yeah the controls are really throwing me off. I assume I'll get used to it, but it's irritating.