main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think most of their appearances are missed opportunities. Yes we see them pretty effective in the Vader comic set right after RoTS...but in Rebels they are pretty much there to fail over and over again with no successes against other adversaries. I know that animating more characters costs money...but to give them scenes during the run of Rebels where they take out Jedi (knights, padawans, the occasional master) instead of just getting outsmarted or outrun by the heroes use of plot armor would have made them look so much better.

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I actually really like that comic, but I'm glad it's not canon.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It's always problematic to include characters the audience knows cannot die no matter what the threat levels they're put in. Would OWK have benefitted from having a set of new Inquisitors that have no future story requirements?

Probably but then that's something for season 2 if it happens.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Whether or not they lived or died wasn't my issue. The fact that they did barely anything else was.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The inquisitors outside of Fallen Order and the GI in the first season of rebels have been lame.

Slater likes this.
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't disagree about their limited use, I would've liked to see GI being more front and centre but where could it go if he can't be killed? Then again if they'd been used instead of Vader for the duel with OWK I'm sure it would've been even worse.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Anakin was an adult while Reva was a child. Anakin had a support system that could have helped him through this tragedy which he didn’t seek out. Instead he immediately went on a murderous rampage. Reva was left to die amid the ruins of the Jedi Order with all her friends and everyone she’s ever known dead.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Anakin had a ****** life. But I think Reva’s fall felt more natural.

9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I did understand their function as Reva's competition but for those fans like me who don't watch the cartoons, a little bit more activity on their part could have been useful. Yes they're dark siders, they manipulate, cheat, compete and backstab but the series doesn't show any of them doing anything other than showing up to claim work Reva has already done. Instead of cunning they're just lazy and opportunistic.

Riv_Shiel and cwustudent like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Don’t get me wrong I do feel sympathy for Anakin. But the fact that Reva was a child and the fact that she hasn’t done the kind of honestly irredeemable things that Vader has done gives me a little more sympathy for her.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    While it might not be on the scale of what Anakin did...she was an Inquisitor and we know they have hunted and killed former members of the Jedi order and kidnaped children for Project Harvester. I would bet real money there is some irredeemable in her time as an Inquisitor.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    wobbits likes this.
  12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    How Reva got all the way to Tatooine injured was really ridiculous. That revenge gives power to live bs doesn't help to explain how she conjured up a spaceship. Sure Jabiim has cities for sure and she may have gotten a shuttle ride from there, but seriously, she would go all the way to shuttle injured and alone? Like seriously. And she did it all so fast...This alone ruined the finale for me. It made no sense that Reva is already on Tatooine when Obi-Wan is still escaping Vader aboard Roken's spaceship. It irritates me so much they did this sort of stupid stuff with the script in the final episode.

Slater and Chris0013 like this.
  13. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    The Inquisitors were a bit like TKOR, a lot of potential but ultimately didnt do a lot. Certainly not after episode 1. They stood around talking and the GI was missing for a few episodes. Folk really need to read the Marvel comics to get more insight into them beyond Rebels and this.

14. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    The only time an Inquisitor has been almost universally accepted was Fallen Order, where the Second Sister was the primary antagonist of the whole story and there was a willingness to develop her and abandon the "shroud of mystery" approach. I sure hope we get some kind of material with all of them getting that same focus, but their role in Kenobi was very much in line with what I expected. It's the story of Obi Wan and Vader, after all.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Second Sister had a good actress and a much better arc, plus a cool look. Fallen Order was an overall superior installment for Star Wars than some of these live action shows.

I recently made some Inquisitor customs inspired from the clone Purge troopers.

What fun...

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Not only do they look pretty good, but I seem to spot the responsible of the cloning process in that picture! At least I'm sure I´ve seen someone just like him before, can't really remember where... [face_thinking]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  17. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I question whether the Inquisitors even needed to be in the show. It may have been more interesting if Reva was pretending to be Vader's new apprentice, or darkside assassin as Ventress was for Dooku.

If the design for the Inquisitors was better, I wouldn't have minded them so much. Def a major weak point in the show.

18. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Vader’s presence in the show greatly diminished the menace of the Inquisitors. They’re supposed to be weaker versions of him, sure, but they are still an elite Force of Jedi hunters. When you have Vader play such a constant and prominent role, they just pale in comparison to how the show portrays him. Both Rebels and Fallen Order knew to give the Inquisitors their own space to establish themselves before bringing in the Sith Lord.

Then there’s also how they were staged or directed in the episodes. Instead of being mostly secretive, a special force in charge of Imperial forces, making rare but significant appearances, they went along and followed the stormtroopers into almost every situation. They come across as yet another mook, not especially threatening or lethal for being overused for minor situations. They bicker with each other and seem undisciplined, impatient, and not especially efficient or skilled at their primary role, which is being detectives.

I think that is overall also due to Vader’s presence. They could’ve been used as rarely and as carefully as he was. But he took over that role and really got all the menace. Then of course there’s the fact that the story revolves around a child with plot armor, so much the Inquisitors must fail at most of what they do.

Don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy the series and most of the performances of the actors in it. But I do think it failed to give the Inquisitors the aura of menace that they embodied in other works.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Course, in other works they are up against more normal jedi. Even in those works Vader is often presented as a cut above...and Obi-Wan has always been Vader's peer,so between that and the personal connection it makes sense for him to show up more than he appeared in Rebels or Fallen Order.

I will admit the Inquisitors besides Reva played less of a role than I was expecting - in particular fourth sister was just kind of there to the point I am honestly curious why they bothered to cast the actress and make the costume, particularly when they made not so much as a mention of seventh sister and eighth brother, who should be around as well. They didn't even have any spare inquistors die to kenobi as a demonstration of how good he is with a ligthsaber.

But at the same time, I wouldn't say they were completely pointless. They did their main job - presenting a darkside threat while reserving Vader for the most important moments - well, and the internal bickering provided much of the conflict for Reva's subplot, as well as some interesting characterization for Reva by contrasting her against the other inquisitors. And it serves as a good enough introduction of the concept for live-action only watchers.

Having Reva as a different kind of dark sider is an interesting idea, though I do worry about ending up like legends and having half a hundred different dark side groups working for the empire. Probably just best to stick to inquisitors, and maybe the dark side spies mentioned by Palpatine when talking about project harvester in TCW, and who Agent Naare from the Freemaker Adventures was probably part of.

Ithorians likes this.
  20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ultimately what purpose did Fifth Brother and Fourth Sister serve in this story? Atleast GI acted as a foil to Reva, Fifth was just there to be pissy and Fourth did absolutely nothing. I can only assume she's set up for something else down the line

Sproj, Slater and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  21. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Kidding, I get it [face_laugh].

But I'll just say this. To me a perfect example of why they were such a good addition to the show is a scene that is hinted, not shown.

Imagine Vader coming back from the duel in Chapter 6 only to find officers and technicians. Doesn't really matter, right? "I fell down a shaft" or whatever, no explanation asked or needed... but the Grand Inquisitor being on that ship takes Vader´s defeat to a completely different level for me: no chance to hide the fact that he got defeated by a Jedi, no chance to hide that the GI was right in following the insurgents and not Kenobi, and no chance whatsoever that this won't be reported to the Emperor. Perhaps by that time it already has been. It made the consequences of the duel that much heavier and personal for Vader in my opinion.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Bad Batch is getting into the Kaminoans doing some post GAR cloning. Mandalorian has people in Kaminoan cloner outfits after Grogu. Rise of Skywalker has the whole clone Palpatine thing as well as clone snokes.

Now I’m seeing Jedi in amber. And maybe it’s because Jurassic Park is my favorite movie, but I immediately thought mosquito in amber/cloned dinosaurs.

Nothing really came of that scene.

But it got me thinking about the prospect of cloning Jedi. And then even further than that I’m contemplating how twisted it would be if the Inquisitors themselves are actually clones of dead Jedi, not fallen Jedi. They just don’t know it.

I.e. Reva did not hide among the bodies of her friends. She was killed by Vader and her child body is frozen in amber in the basement somewhere and the Reva we know is a clone, to be discovered by her in a future story.

Hey, it could happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    Cos Palpatine and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yes, the empire wants an army of dark tera sinubes.

[​IMG]

Ithorians likes this.
  24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ...people really just think anything in a tube in star wars is part of a vast cloning conspiracy.

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Pretty much every tube that isn’t a bacta tank has had something to do with it and multiple shows are touching upon it, even if only tangentially.

A tube full of Snoke, Kaminoans cloning themselves, Palpatine wanting the Zillo beast cloned, scientists after Grogu’s blood, the clone troopers themselves, Palpatine attempting to clone himself.

There’s a lot of cloning going around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arawn_Fenn likes this.