main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well, Son wasn't. A Sith, I mean, generic or not.

The Son was a freaking Celestial.

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I know, but Son doesn't even look like a generic Celestial.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is there such thing as a generic looking Celestial?

4. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    the eyes

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Of course I'd prefer to see mostly Vader/Sidious as the lead bad guy, but I'm trying to make an accurate prediction so I'm not disappointed. We'll probably see very little Vader/Sidious so they retain their mystique, I think we've had multiple hints of that.

6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Vader's time in the spotlight was the OT. His heyday of slaughtering Jedi was ROTS. That's pretty much how it is... and that's not a bad thing.

While ANH's opening crawl states that the rebels' first victory is just before ANH (as in, not much more than hours before), with patented Kenobi-brand "A Certain Point Of View", we can work that crawl around to allow the heroes in Rebels to have all kinds of victories. In the setting of this show, the Rebel Alliance itself may not have formed yet--and it's the Rebel Alliance that scored its first victory hours before ANH began. But the 'first victory' could be misleading, too--that could simply mean the first MAJOR victory, capital ships & fighters against other capital ships & fighters, or a raid on a heavily-defended Imperial base or something. The Rebel Alliance could've had victories before, as could any smaller rebel groups pre-Alliance, via hit-&-fade attacks, convoy attacks, striking remote Imp outposts, etc--Robin Hood-type stuff.

The crew of the Ghost, whether just an element or themselves the bulk of the Lothal rebels, can have all kinds of 'victories' against the Empire in general or the Inquisitor specifically. Even just running away might be considered a victory.

Everyone's already pointed out how the Inquisitor allows a villain to lose, and prevents Vader from the overuse & 'weakening' we saw with Grievous and Dooku in TCW.

Obviously, the Inquisitor is a Maul ripoff. I don't mean because of the double-bladed saber... I mean because he's a ripoff of the Son, visually, and due to that, he's a ripoff of Maul because Maul was voiced by Sam Witwer--just like the Son. :D

I don't mind his design too much. Maybe there will be some sorta tie to the Son, some influence felt, somehow. Who knows? I'd rather they did without the tattoos (or made 'em distinctly different--color & shape & all) and double-bladed saber, tho.

Gamiel and Circular Logic like this.
  7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I just can't wait to see him kill a Jedi on screen for the first time. Hopefully it will be in his very first appearance.
    A show in the Dark Times is just too exciting.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Few things:

First: the Inquisitor looks too much like the Son of Mortis- as pointed out- they are almost identical. I guess they just liked the design but still not a good idea... They should have made him not to have tattoos or to have tattoos more similar to Maul. He should have had darker skin like other pau'ans instead of pale almost white skin like the Son....

Secondly: I don't get the freaking out about the Rule of two- that still stands since there are only 2 sith. This guy is not a sith he is imperial inquisitor and more like the dark jedi. He may want to become a sith one day and Vader's apprentice but he obviously never succeed in that.

Whole REAL sith master an apprentice stuff is like real life issues about papacy in the middle ages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipope It is not always clear who is REAL sith and who is not even though there is generally a rule that there can be only one master. So in TCW Palpatine was REAL master and Maul became antimaster but Palpatine took care of him and Maul lost his status both as master and as apprentice(which he did lose in TPM) That is how it goes: rule of two may be broken but that leads to conflict and ultimately there is only 2 sith again. All others are "dark jedi" or "assassins"which are wanna-be-sith like Asajj and Savage that fill the place of apprentice if needed.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Sith Inquisitors notoriously always used double-bladed saber during the Sith Empire era.

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Perhaps one of Darth Maul's new uses is to be the head of the Inquisitorius? Until he ticks Vader off.

Do.Not.Want.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Ugh. Is Maul going to be in this show?

Maybe came here to say: Yay for using an Utapaun(?) if that's what they're doing. Boo for having designed it looking exactly like the Son and the saber staff with disc-hand-shield is just lame to me.

The complaining about the Rule of Two - I mean, that's never really been followed at all, has it? Someone always has a secret apprentice - not at the level of true Sith Lords, so the Rule isn't broken.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Hopefully- it is stupid to bring him back only to conquer Mandalore and then disappear. Unless he is gonna be main bad guy in epVII he would be good Emperors hand or inquisitor.

Yes he is confirmed to be Pau'an - another species native to Utapau (Tion Medon's species)

Agreed wholeheartedly - he should've had different tattoos at least. And he must NOT be voiced by Witwer[face_worried]

It's not just shield I believe- it is said to have design that allows some unique movement-style. So I disagree about that- it may be cool. Hard to say more just yet...

Rules are meant to be broken anyways:p Rule of two is like an ideal situation for sith but there is nothing interesting if there isn't conflict among bad guys.

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Maul is the force behind Disney Star Wars.[face_mischief]

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If Vader isn't in the series I'll kill a teddybear.

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    You getting soft, Darth?:p

If Vader isn't in the series I'll burn Kashyyyk to the ground.

Again.

Darth_Pevra and Darkslayer like this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The Jedi did know about Sidious's existence, they were searching for him throughout the Clone Wars.

17. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Meh great, a new overpowered villain. Why would we use the actual bad guys we know and love to do the job themselves (you know like Sidious and Vader)?

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Oh, I don't know...because then those villains would be overused/overexposed and weakened from being unable to stop those meddling kids time after time?

It's like folks have mentioned already, numerous times: if Vader became like Grievous in TCW, there's no stakes. I mean, there'd be some stakes with the fates of many of his non-main-character opponents, but Vader himself is never in any danger. It's just like Grievous--oh, look, he's fighting Obi-Wan again! We know that won't end with either dead. Oh, he's fighting Ahsoka! Well, SHE might die, but probably not... and, wow, she handled him pretty well...so how did he get that big collection of sabers if a mere Padawan could keep him at bay so easily?

And the Emperor obviously shouldn't be out chasing the heroes. He's got more important stuff to do, ruling the galaxy. Even if more & more people are aware the Emperor's truly evil by the point Rebels takes place, it's not like he's out stomping through the galaxy swinging a lightsaber or frying people with lightning left & right.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Don't you know? Palpatine abolished the Rule of Two during the Dark Times. Instead, he replaced it with his Rule of One (from the Book of Sith):

Hence, the Inquisitorius and the Emperor's Hands. Even Vader was never meant to replace Sidious in the eyes of the Emperor. Palpatine intended to achieve immortality and ensure his ascension to godhood.

20. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Dunno: "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

Darkslayer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    He said that before Vader's immolation on Mustafar. After Vader was forced to wear a suit just to survive, I suspect that Sidious changed his mind about Vader ever superseding him, as Vader had lost some of his potential to the injury, and the restriction ensured that Sidious could easily destroy Vader (as happened in RotJ) if the time ever came that he would need to do so. Plus, as time went on, Palpatine grew more arrogant with power, believing in his invincibility, and he eventually attempted to get Luke to replace Vader as his new apprentice.

22. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

"Obi-Wan: A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force."

Come on, wouldn't it be cooler...just a tad cooler to see Vader actually kill the remaining Jedi, himself, instead of sidekicks?

Darkslayer and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  23. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Maybe. That's EU though, not the movies.

I suspect we will see Vader killing remaining Jedi, but only occasionally, not on a weekly basis. I'm guessing that the Inquisitor will be the weekly villain--or mostly weekly, anyway.

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    @ Circular Logic

Vader has lost potential only according to Lucas and Lucas isn't involved anymore. His word is about as important as that of the guy who brings Bob Iger his coffee. And thanks Azathot for that.

You better believe this nonsense will end immediately.

It's like the people behind x-men suddenly declaring Magneto is a whimp. Completely nonsensical. You don't turn the posterchild of the franchise into a whimp. You just don't.

I thought about writing "Kill a teddybear and eat it" but I didn't want to get the morality police on my tail.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  25. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I doubt they'll go against GL's wishes and ideas, even if they can.

Darkslayer likes this.