main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Maul´s role of master for Savage was great indeed... still, Solo´s showing filled me with hope for some amazing development, if done right!

About Tenth, that´s right, he was heavily praised and we saw him as a capable warrior. I got the feeling that it was meant to parallel Ki Adi Mundi´s fate... with all his treason and morally superior behavior, he ironically got the same fate that he would have gotten as a Jedi, so I think it was a little of poetic justice working there...

Vialco and Jarrus like this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah,
    thats an interesting parallel of looking at it with Ki Adi Mundi, you could be on the right track - although SW has a bad habit of introducing new and exciting characters and quickly getting rid of them.

Ithorians and KamNale like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think this is where the rest of the Inquisitors will come into play. Hopefully EA doesn't kill this game, too.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  4. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Makes a lot of sense. Could be an excellent time to introduce 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th if the Vader comic hasn´t done that already by the time the game is out (could be another media too, I hope we get insight of them sooner!).

Jarrus likes this.
  5. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    I honestly hope not, they are already worfed to hell and back but having another one be offed by a padawan would just destroy their last shred of dignity
    new Darth vader comic preview spoiler
    and it's not like they have much of it left after one gets himself be killed by a half a dozen clones

kalzeth likes this.
  6. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Fair enough!
    However, in respect of their dignity...
    I don´t think it´s that bad. Like I said earlier, Jedi Council members died the exact same way... actually a lot of Jedi seemed to have been killed that way, and that was Barr´s point. I mean, as Prosset Dibs the Tenth Brother was praised by Mace Windu as very strong with the Force, and we saw him dealing with battle droids and the like with little problem. It´s not like, because he turned into an Inquisitor, he suddenly lost all previous abilities: he simply got surprised and shot at a very close range. It even happened to Maul against some pirates he could have dealt with easily in almost any other circumstance.

The thing is, in the later times of Legends, we grew a little too accustomed to Force users that disintegrated two dozen stormtroopers with a gesture, that fed on entire planets and kept themselves alive after literally being cut to small pieces through pure force of will. Personally, I´m rather glad that none of those abilities are canon anymore, so what we are getting is an expanded universe a little closer to what we see in the movies....

MrDarth0 and Jarrus like this.
  7. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    Pretty much. The thing is, the Inquisitorius has earned a number of victories, we just haven´t seen those. It was stated in the opening crawl of this arc. In fact, they killed quite a few Mon Calamari in earlier issues without a single casualty, and the Calamari were firing at them too!!!

But seriously, I would welcome an opportunity to know more about them. They are having too little exposure right now to be fleshed out properly.

Ithorians likes this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    ooooo. Now I really think the Inquisitors will be involved.

podjazd, Jarrus and Ithorians like this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I just hope fighting an Inquisitor in the game will be something special and a real challenge, not that you'll be killing them by the dozen. And if you encounter someone like the Grand Inquisitor or even Vader, you'll have to run for your life. You're supposed to be a run of the mill Padawan after all.

podjazd, Jarrus, Ithorians and 3 others like this.
  10. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Completely agree! Make an Inquisitor the boss of the game and be done with it! ;) They can fight lower ranking antagonists the rest of the way, but the idea of being constantly chased by and Inquisitor and trying to avoid him/her rather than face the challenge sounds great to me... it´s actually what Kanan did in the series, after all...

Jarrus likes this.
  11. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    We do not know if tenth brother is for sure dead right? Maybe he got shot but is still alive, somehow?

12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I think we're overestimating the Inquisitors quite a bit. Some of them might be ex-knights, but their skill level is probably more on par with skilled Padawans. Kanan was able to close the skill gap between himself and the Grand Inquisitor considerably quickly. Fifth Brother relied on his brute strength while Seventh Sister relied on her tech to compensate for their meager force skills. They were both trampled by Maul's overwhelming power. Eighth Brother had an arsenal of weapons including missiles and his buzz saw hilt. In the end, he died trying to run away. Sixth Brother got owned by Ahsoka without a lightsaber. Ahsoka is badass, but come on.

We don't know as much about the rest, but they seem to be in the process of being fodderized. Ninth Sister was betrayed, and Tenth brother was gunned down. They were probably the most powerful of the ones we've been introduced to, but they were still outplayed by a Padawan.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  13. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I understand what you´re saying... personally, I don´t think the Inquisitors are meant to be special in the way Anakin or Luke were. I think they are average Jedi that got a little boost thanks to the dark side and Vader´s training. They are, I think, clearly not as strong as their Legends counterparts.

However, something still doesn´t make sense for me. If the Inquisitors are so weak, why would Darth Vader, of all people, keep them around for 15+ years? He kills imperial officers for far less, why would he keep around padawan level Force users that can´t even deal accordingly with another padawan, for that matter?

I don´t think that´s the message. The thing is, like @Jarrus so eloquently said, that we haven´t seen their victories. I dare say that there is absolutely no logic in a guy that is meant to be a Jedi hunter, but is unable to hunt a single Jedi, and Vader keeps him around all the same. The Inquisitors were sure of themselves to the level of arrogance, and competed with each other for the number of kills under the name. Doesn´t sound like guys that have been failing every mission assigned to them... well, at least to me!

In the end, the Inquisitorius being as successful as was said in the opening crawl of the current story arc of the Vader comic makes more sense to me, especially with Vader himself and his incredibly low tolerance to failure around...

kalzeth and Jarrus like this.
  14. Jarrus

Feb 23, 2018
    Yeah, that is what makes me think there is more to what we´ve seen from them so far. Obviously if we only judge them for the moment when they were killed, they won´t be looking too good, but circumstances matter! I mean, sure the 8th brother died escaping, but he was facing Maul, Ahsoka AND Kanan single handedly. Maybe running away wasn´t such a bad idea after all...

Still, I don´t know if it´s just me, but I never felt Kanan was really in the GI level of skill. Shame that we didn´t get to see more of him, anyway...

kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The 8th Brother was already signally defeated by Maul atop the pyramid by both skill and Force power. Maul destroyed the Inquisitors and was just playing with them like he was the Jedi.

Clone Troopers are so often more capable of killing Jedi than common Stormtroopers and other Imperial era grunts. Thats just a fact for whatever reasoning of Lucasfilm.

10th Brother was a skilled Jedi and warrior but he's the only one we have some idea about beforehand. The Grand Inquisitor, presumably he was too since he was a Temple guardsmen but Vader took him out way too easily, and that primarily cause he relied on that Inquisitorius trick lightsaber that DO NOT WORK and are there to make up for LACK-OF-SKILL. But there is no reason to suspect they were all quality trained and physically combat worthy warriors or equally gifted in the Force.

Interestingly enough the 10th Brother is the one that doesn't rely on the standard issue configuring of the Inquisitor lightsaber, but was the one that failed in blocking the bolts.

kalzeth likes this.
  16. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Right, but I think we can at the very least assume that Tenth Brother´s skill level wasn´t really that outstanding among the other Inquisitors: if that was the case, he would have been calling the shots between the Inquisitors in the Mon Cala arc. Instead, he met his (at least apparent) demise when both the others managed to survive (9th, must be added, with everything against her).

About GI defeat to Vader´s, Vader is clearly above even a capable Jedi. With his training, the Inquisitors MUST have improved in combat related matters, because Vader himself said that the ones that didn´t keep up with his training would be discarded (killed).

To be honest, what I´m intrigued about is that there hasn´t been a clear message around them from Star Wars media in general. Most of their skill level references come from even contradictory statements outside the stories. So there is what appears to be a concept for them, their backstory, skill level, etc, but it hasn´t been fully fleshed out in a single storyline, so that can be confusing for some fans.

I mean, let´s say that the Inquisitors can´t deal with any Force user... weird, as I said earlier, that the Sith keep them around for so long, but let´s say it´s so. They have been shown time and again to be veeery capable against non Force users. Why then, I wonder, not train them in far greater numbers? sure, around the era of the comic they were only so many, but by the time of the OT, they could have dozens of Inquisitorius apprentices ready to move up in the ranks. If they are so weak then they are not a threat to the Sith, and yet by the time of Rogue One the possibility of an open rebellion seems a very real possibility, so they would be very useful.

Until some evidence clarifies the opposite, I think they are meant to be capable and effective warriors meant to deal with padawans and Jedi (not masters, though). I still hope we will get more of a hint of their interrogation skills... those have been very secondary to this point, but an Inquisitor by definition should work more as an interrogator/judge than an actual combat oriented agent. It´s one of the most contrasting things from Legends to Canon, I think...

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Legends was famous for this. You only had to read The Force Unleashed 1 and 2, The Darth Bane Trilogy, and Darth Plegeuis to see some of that. But, Ithorians don't be too quick to judge because new canon also has some way out there powers. TCW series to start has given us Mortis, The Force Priestess, The Witches of Dathomir alone. These entities have shown usages of the force that exceed anything in old canon, and that's not counting all the other stuff within that series alone. Then Rebels was also another game changer. The time traveling temple, Kanan jumping super high and long in the Geonosis episodes, the Inquisitors and their ability to fly with there lightsabers, I could go on and on just with those two canon shows alone. Then in Lords of the Sith novel, Darth Vader was very super powerful, in fact he flew from space to a ship which was the same thing that Leia did in TLJ. The big difference there was that Vader willed it and Leia had the force wake her up and guide her.

Which now leads to another point, you say the ,movies right? Shouldn't Palpatine be able to fly back up the chasm after Vader through him? He was the all powerful super force user. You know, Leia, wasn't that big of a force user in new canon but yet she flew in space, something Palpsy couldn't do, and this was in the movies. So your argument about the movie force powers being lame are ............not completely accurate. Kylo force stopping a laser bolt in mid air and holding it there forever? The Kylo/Rey super Skype connection? Luke force dopplenger across space and time to another part of the galaxy and while doing that keeping the illusion that he is younger and with a blue lightsaber. Yoda using force lightning from the other side to set the trees on fire? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa okay. I don't think even Doctor Strange can do that.

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    No, mate, I actually agree a lot with you and I think you got me backwards. I actually like A LOT that there is a certain kind of limit to the Force users abilities. To me, what was fantastic about the Emperor in ROTJ was, sure, he can throw lightning, but even more, he can foresee the future! I put myself in Vader shoes, and how do you fight someone that knows that you are going to betray him before you even do it? That was a very impressive Force power in my book.

My problem comes when they take these Force abilities to a point where something obviously quite dangerous, like being shot by a dozen troopers at close range, seems like a joke that any self respecting Force user should survive easily. It´s not. So I do like a little grip on reality when it comes to Force abilities. Do some abilities in canon seem as far fetched as some legend ones? no doubt! but I wasn´t really talking about Mortis gods (didn´t particularly like that storyline :() or canon in general... in fact, there are a lot of things I don´t quite agree with in canon, and most of my favorite storylines from Star Wars are from Legends!! I was really speaking about something very specific, and that´s the treatment of the fighting and how some stuff in Legends made a change of perception of what makes a powerful Force user and what doesn´t...

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Wasn't the 10th Brother able to go one on one with Mace Windu in that Mace comic mini-series? (The art was so bad, I don't want to look it up myself.)

And I think the needs of the story always override any continuity or logic in how powerful a character is in the Force. That goes for all the media, including the movies.

Ithorians and kalzeth like this.
  20. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Hey guys i'm back. I do found it interesting with the Tenth Brother's idenitiy reveal that are theorys about Jedi Masters chould not become Inquisitors do to there power leveal and the fact that The grand inquisitor was a Jedi Temple guard was wrong.
    I found it interesting and confussing at the same time. I do found it very odd is this comic hasn't really explan what Eighth Brother and Seventh Sister's comments on many more Inquisitors.
    Becuase i mean we know sixth brother dies very early in the empire year and i really hope tenth brother isn't dead but the comic makes it look like he is and ninth sister's sitarution dosen't look good hope she dosen't die. Throw the comic book series isn't over yet and i bet they are saving more inquisitors for this series and more empire year related series. I found it interesting that that we haven't been introduce yet to Second, third and fourth but we will most likely seen in the future. With tenth brother's reveal i hope to see anther inquisitor or two who is a character who from a prevoius story. Also there have been mentions of inquisitors in other star wars materal so the future looks bright to them.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    that could very well be a lie. Deceit is a hallmark of the dark side.

22. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Will we haven't seen second third and fourth

kalzeth likes this.
  23. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Ninth Sister has already been confirmed to be alive.

24. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
  25. Jarrus

Feb 23, 2018
    That´s great. I quite like her!

cwustudent and Ithorians like this.