main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    that would be intresting

kalzeth likes this.
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes. There have been missed opportunities already. What if Jocasta Nu hadn't fought the Grand Inquisitor (who she didn't even know), and instead it had been Jerec, her old padawan who she hadn't seen in years, recently returned from a multiyear long archaeological mission in the unknown regions and now recruited by the Inquisitorius. Think how much more interesting that battle would have been, and we could have got some cool new info about the unknown regions too.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  3. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    it would have been cool. But i am fine eather way

I can tell your not a fan of the new canon Inquisitors

4. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I quite liked the Grand Inquisitor at first. But his premature death in Rebels and the subsequent weaker "different alien" copies of his Inquisitor character have ruined that. The GI's lightsabre was unique to him, might have been a bit gimmicky (for toys), but it was part of his character, but now it isn't because they all have this identical spinning lightsabre, its no longer a special oddity, its just stupid (helicopter mode certainly didn't help either). The fact that he was not human, was part of his unique character, but of course now it isn't because ALL the inquisitors are not humun.

It is like watering down a pint of beer to make three pints of beer. That first beer isn't going to taste good like it did before.

The Shadow Emperor and kalzeth like this.
  5. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i understand, i found it cool that they are all aliens. I would like to point out is that Tenth Brother did not have a spaining blade lightsaber

6. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    He just used two of them as single blades.

7. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    This would have been fantastic, a little part of me was hoping for Jerec the moment we saw Jocasta Nu as the Jedi of that arc!

In all honesty, I´ve come to terms with the fact that the Grand Inquisitor basically IS Jerec in canon. He is a powerful force user (not on Jerec´s level, anyway) that is obsessed with information and how to become more powerful through knowledge. He also added Sith tattoos in his face to show loyalty to the cause, or at least to exteriorize his obsession.

But I have to admit, the Inquisitors went the other way around for me. At first I really didn´t like the idea that the Inquisitor was an alien. I didn´t like that he was a reset device to start with a blank slate and keep my favorites ones in Legends... but in the end, and especially when it become more complex, with more Inquisitors around, it started to grow on me more and more. Like, what´s their relationship? how where they inducted? do they have different abilities? etc.

To this day, I think Fifth Brother is my favorite, and there is another factor for me: the Inquisitors weren´t all that well received with some part of the audience. They were constantly compared to Savage, Ventress and whoever may have been a dark sider in TCW, and of course the argument is that they are not as strong, not as developed. I´ve said many times, I really liked the fact that the Inquisitors were powerful just to a certain degree, and they didn´t sell them to us as invincible warriors that, oh... just happen to lose eeeeverytime they face the heroes...

Jarrus, Blackhole E Snoke and KamNale like this.
  8. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    nope, Tenth Brother's lightsabers were indeed normal, heck if you just look at them you can tell, his sabers are different then the other Inquisitors sabers.

@Ithorians agreed, in fact my frivate inquisitor is Seventh Sister, just loved her design

Ithorians likes this.
  9. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    so the two Inquisitors died, but good news we still have the helmate Inquisitor, who i am hopeing is the the Jedi doctor from the yoda arc

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Actually some nice action in #20. But it is still a lot of filler.

I really don't like the fingers of the orange woman. They grow and shrink constantly. They should have just given her a really thick lightsabre hilt :p

implied off panel lightsabre helicoptering? I have to admit, that unlucky guy's speeder getting circular sawed into three parts and then crashing right on top of that politician's romantic picnic was awesome. I liked how 5th brother informed Vader about Long Fingers. He wanted her and Mr.Black gone I think. I'd like the rivalry to keep being increased.

kalzeth likes this.
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The Inquisitors seem to have an affinity for stolen speeder fights

12. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    agree, I love the reason Fifth Brother did that was just so they would be gone. It just Shows how the Inquisitors really love rivalry

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah, it is difficult to tell if he is actually with Mr.Black and Long Fingers when she described the cruel reason why she let the mother go. I like to think he was there to hear that, and then lied to Vader about why Long Fingers let the mother go.

Ithorians and Fallen Jedi Master like this.
  14. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    yeah, I feel like this adds to the Fifth Brother's character

15. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Great issue, the chase felt dangerous to all involved! One thing I found very interesting, is that two Inquisitors actually united and worked together, could give even Vader trouble. The Sith philosophy of divide and conquer couldn´t be clearer here, and Vader did made a good point: those two Inquisitors were dangerous indeed, because the Inquisitorius itself could certainly be a problem, if all it´s members united against their masters.

Indeed I think that Fifth Brother had a very interesting showing in this couple of episodes. He probably gave a very negative report on the female Inquisitor, for Vader to react like that, and therefore he helped reinforce individualism within the Inquisitorius. No doubt Inquisitors will thread very carefully at the idea of making alliances, seeing what happened in this issue, and it helps very much to understand the kind of relationship they had in Rebels, so many years later...

Still, I remain convinced about this: you have to be very good at your job, and very smart indeed, to work directly for Vader for so many years!

16. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    Really liked the issue. Sad to see the new inquisitors go so soon. They couldn´t use the Rebels ones in this story, and sadly there was no chance to present them earlier in the series, but still got a memorable role as the first inquisitors to die by Vader´s hand. It does help for understanding their relationship in Rebels!

kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  17. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Perhaps they could have been in issue 6, when the Inquisitorius was introduced, but if I had to guess, I would imagine that they wouldn´t have saved 2nd, 3rd or 4th for so long, only to have them die without even mentioning their designation... or maybe they did, but it would be a little in the same line of thinking of revealing the Grand Inquisitor´s rank after his demise! Hopefully, these two where 11th and 12th, and the others are being saved for Jedi: Fallen Order or some other project...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Blackhole E Snoke, kalzeth and Jarrus like this.
  18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    So, I was casually reading some random issues from the Darth Vader comic, and I was thinking, it´s a shame that we didn´t get the Grand Inquisitor´s reaction to Jocasta Nu erasing the archives from the Jedi Temple. Considering he turned to the dark side exactly because of situations like that, with Jocasta denying him access to the information he seeked, it´s just very ironic, and must have earned a priceless reaction.

At some point, the archives must have been restored somehow, for the Grand Inquisitor to speak of the Temple archives being quite complete in Rebels. It hasn´t been addressed yet, right?

TK-421 Is vader, kalzeth and Jarrus like this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    From the Farewell Rebels panel at Dragon Con

MrDarth0, Ithorians and kalzeth like this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Cough, cough, Bariss, cough, cough

;)

kalzeth likes this.
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Actually, I don't think that description matches Barriss Offee at all. She wasn't an aggressive, jealous or power hungry Jedi. She was just desperate for fighting to end and probably had PTSD. I absolutely cannot see her as an Inquisitor, wanting to fight for the corruption that she once hated.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Neither was Anakin, at first. I just think they missed an opportunity by not making the Seventh Sister Bariss given that they were the same species.

Shadao and cwustudent like this.
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    At first in The Phantom Menace he wasn't no. But as a Jedi, having had Palpatine influence him growing up, he certainly was. Aggressive, competitive, power hungry, and selfish. And, unlike Barriss, Anakin's despair that made him fall to the dark side, was based around himself and his fear of loss.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    You know what would be cool? If the new season of Clone Wars did a couple episodes of Palps looking for Jedi to use. Like I think one planned arc was with searching for the Sith shrine under the Jedi Temple. That would be a great way for them to use that idea.

Ithorians and kalzeth like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Pong Krell was probably meant to be an Inquisitor, and that image is absolutely terrifying. I stand by that Barriss was never meant to be one. She betrayed the Jedi, why should Palpatine trust her as a sith underling?

KamNale and Blackhole E Snoke like this.