main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    TFU is a very different beast to this title. From everything we've heard, this is meant to be a somewhat grounded game where you're constantly on the run from the Empire. The Force Unleashed was a game where you played an unstoppable wrecking ball with a face and lightning hands that rampaged through every environment he was set loose in. Of course it's gonna look "cooler". But that doesn't have any bearing on how good the story or gameplay are, which is what actually matters.

2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Its not. Its just the most popular fan theory right now.

3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Exactly. Not confirmed, and I would welcome a surprise, too... but I'm leaning towards it being true. If the Second Sister isn't Barriss at all, I hope they give her the chance to become a full character and develop her a little bit; the Tricia Barr reference seemed to at the very least imply a specific backstory for her...

Jarrus likes this.
  4. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Oh, the desire to see Barriss Offee as an Inquisitor has always been there the moment the TV show Rebels showcased her former Jedi Master, Luminara alive and imprisoned, and the fact there was likely more than one Inquisitor. The mere fact that Ahsoka Tano showed up in the finale of the first season only raised hope for Barriss to show and finish some unfinished business with her former friend.

Though I am disappointed by the fact the Seventh Sister isn't Barriss despite being a Mirialan like her, I will say that in hindsight, the Seventh Sister's cackling personality and tendency to gloat was not what I envisioned an Inquisitor Barriss (that and Inquisitor Barriss should not be a cakewalk for Ahsoka like the Seventh Sister or be killed that easily by Darth Maul). I envisioned Barriss to be like how she was in The Clone Wars when dealing with loose ends in Season 5. Ruthless, silent, intelligent, and no-nonsense hunter. You'll never expect her, and she'll use everything to her advantage.

And the Second Sister exemplifies these traits quite well if the trailer is anything to be believed. About time we got ourselves a true Knight of Cerebus Inquisitor, and making her Barriss only sweetens the deal.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Jarrus and Darth Kickass like this.
  5. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    The one thing that generates the most expectations to me from this game is the chance that this inquisitor ends up being barriss. It´s too good a chance to miss, especially with all the hype/confusion that the 7th sister got just for being a miralian too. I hope we finally get inquisitor barriss offee!

Ithorians and Shadao like this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think they'd waste Bariss in the game, perhaps this TCW revival season, but yeah never know.

7. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    Well, it's unlikely that Barriss Offee would make an appearance in the new TCW despite Filoni's plans. And it's not like we'll be getting a Star Wars Rebels Prequel or Ahsoka Tano TV show anytime soon. So why not in a major Star Wars video game? After all, EA pretty much made the video game department of Star Wars so barren that Fallen Order will easily stand out as the the Star Wars game that is not Battlefront.

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    In that Vader comic, Vader sadistically went after the two Inquisitors that were in a sexual relationship just because Vader was jealous basically cause they had something he did not or could not anymore and he contrived it as a weakness and lack of loyalty to their cause kinda crap. He also had to answer to the Emperor for terminating them, and the Emperor never really bought Vader's excuse. * And before that even, Vader was angry at the Emperor and jealous of the Inquisitors as they are potential rivals and replacements for him as Sith Apprentices, so he was maiming most of the Inquisitors in a training session that also angered the Grand Inquisitor.

In any cause Vader would've went after Bariss with much more fury than they he did those two fodder jobs, so I doubt thats her.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  9. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    And does Sidious really care about Vader's opinion that much to waste a perfectly useful asset for Inquisitor program before they went into effect? Knowing Sidious, he would keep Barriss alive and taunt Vader of having to work with her just for his amusement and test whether or not Vader can get away with killing Barriss without coming off as stupid evil (looking back at Grand General Tagge, Vader needed a legal excuse to get rid of him; otherwise he would have killed Tagge immediately for simply belittling him).

That being said, one has to wonder if where the Second Sister was when Darth Vader was introduced to the Inquisitors. Certainly, you would expect all of them to meet their new master.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    kalzeth likes this.
  10. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    The main character and his mentor were both in the jedi order, so it may be that the Second Sister is someone they knew rather than Barriss. I'm not 100% on what the Second Sister being Barriss would offer the story. I guess she could be an interesting foil to the protagonist since she became so disillusioned with the Order.

kalzeth likes this.
  11. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    That is a possibility. But then again, who said that Cal and his mentor didn't personally knew Barriss back in the Jedi Order?

Admiral_Wyvern likes this.
  12. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    They can certainly do that, but she's already an established character. It seems a bit weird to say these two were a part of her life when there was no evidence of it previously. Not impossible of course, it just strikes me as awkward storytelling.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Second Sister looks like more of a Vader Cosplayer then Kylo. If she's Bariss (which I do think she is ) It doesn't matter what his opinion on her is. Sheev wants Assests thats the point of the Inqustorious . Also Vader is the Biggest proof towards Bariss's view point that the Jedi order Failed . The Chosen one was Twisted under their nose by Sheev. Its Potery in her View. That is Probably why She dresses like Vader as the Second Sister. Vader Also in his own way could be keeping his feelings about Ahsoka's exile alive by training Bariss as an inquisitor . Whose also not to say that Bariss could be Scared and her limbs could be mechanic if Vader went a bit far in her training as pay back. Its interesting that they quickly moved off of the second sister when asked about her in the panel . They were all like Details about her will be released at a later date then moved on to talk about cal more

14. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I´m curious, why would the game be a waste for her? its not like she is in anything right now, haha... no, seriously, this game is looking like the next huge Star Wars multimedia project, like TFU, Jedi Knight and SOTE before, in the Lucasarts era. I fear it could be as close as we´ll ever get to see an Inquisitor in a live action film (I hope I´m wrong), and it will no doubt come with some comic, novel context.

The only Inquisitor that could have a more prominent role is the one that, by action or absence, triggers the end of Crimson Dawn and forces Maul into hiding. I´m hoping/guessing that one could be 3rd or 4th (or both).

The other thing that feels a little weird for me, is the possibility that they, for the second time in like 3 years, teases us with an Inquisitor that looks like she could be Barriss Offee (this time giving her a matching backstory, no less) only for her being a new character once more. It could end up being a joke about this character and that character being Barriss. I would even say that I would love for the Second Sister to be Barriss Offee AND to survive the game (without turning back to the light or anything, just keep her around for some other stories), but I suppose that's a little harder, seeing that the whole point of the game is "to become a Jedi"...

15. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    To me, the Inquisitors were the biggest problem of Rebels. In the old EU, many Inquisitors and Hands were very powerful, and it showed that Sidious was so dangerous that he could control them and pit them against one another. Jerec is a good example of this, for Jerec is perhaps the only darksider who could have challenged Sidious or Vader. I like Kanan as a character, but he and Ezra should not have been able to handle the Grand Inquisitor or his successors as well as they did. I did appreciate how Ahsoka and Maul handled them, however.

16. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    The Grand Inquisitor (back when he was only known as the Inquisitor) being a pushover was something I can deal with since I expected his replacement (not Darth Vader) to be far more dangerous and ruthless. The fact that it turns out he's actually the top Inquisitor with everyone else in the Inquisitorius being his subordinates was actually disappointing. Especially when it turns out that these Inquisitors are not skilled fighters as I initially thought (my interest in the Seventh Sister dropped to nil after seeing her perform badly against Ahsoka).

Another problem with the Inquisitors in Rebels is that they were one dimensional characters with standard evil personalities that are only slightly more in-depth than a Saturday Morning cartoon villain (and even then, the Saturday Morning cartoon villain is more entertaining). There's nothing really distinguishing the Fifth Brother from the Seventh Sister other than the Seventh Sister is slightly smarter and more sadistic than the Fifth. And the Eight Brother is just a filler villain to give a higher threat count. Heck, the desire for more in-depth characters of these Inquisitors is the reason why many hoped for Barriss Offee to be in Rebels as an Inquisitor. She's competent, dangerous, and has a tragic backstory instantly tells us all we need to know about her character.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  17. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Can you imagine Second Sister being someone well respected and liked then turn to Cal who probably barely was accepted for training by his Master before Order 66 happened.

So you have someone who has yet to construct their own lightsaber surviving purely because they're so insignificant that noone even realised they missed him.

Now she's found out about him and unlike her previous targets he isn't stupid enough to wait for her to catch up...

I'm not sure about this game, but I hope they do the franchise justice after all this isn't Kanan.

Given they interviewed the actor playing him, I assume there's no character customisation nor the choice of gender either.

Well hopefully we'll meet the Grand Inquisitor again..

18. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    The Second Sister and the Grand Inquisitor were wastes of characters. There is a lot they could have done with them. Good performances, certainly, but if they had made plain that Palpatine had thoroughly indoctrinated them to the point that he had indoctrinated Maul, that would have worked better for what we got. Also, I forget the name of those darksiders that Sidious and Vader controlled in the Force Unleashed games. I believe they were called Shadow Guards? They had been thoroughly stripped of their individuality, and basically, they were light copies of Vader. Now, something like that would have worked. But why is the Second Sister ambitious? And how did the Grand Inquisitor find Sidious's philosophy more appealing than what the Jedi had taught him as a Temple Guard? I'm not sure. We just don't know enough about them as characters. I'm talking show-only, not comics.

As it is, the Grand Inquisitor is a rank amateur who was defeated by another rank amateur. Don't get me wrong. I like Kanan as a character. I think he and Hera as the best parts of this show. Ezra I have mixed feelings about, and I like him in the latter two seasons better. But anyhow, I think that Thrawn made a more effective antagonist. I don't buy the idea that he could lose that much or be outwitted by those who beat him, but I agree with Timothy Zahn that he is portrayed very much in character. I would have preferred this show if it were about Ahsoka, Maul, Vader, Tarkin, and Obi-Wan. That's just me. I could have accepted the Inquisitors if they were more of an effective threat. Jerec is a former Jedi Master with a vast academic of academic knowledge and power. He is an incredible threat, and Kyle Katarn was not just a rank amateur when he beat him. He had to earn his power and knowledge in order to resist the dark side. Of course, Jerec is an odd example, since he's one of the most powerful Dark Jedi beneath Palpatine and Vader, much like Joruus C'baoth. But when you have a lot of Dark Jedi like that, they typically are extremely dangerous. If the Sith are the mafia, Dark Jedi are independent killers. They sow misery and despair wherever they go. Sidious was able to effectively control all of the darksiders under his command during his original reign and also when he was more dangerous during his mageocratic Dark Empire. Sedriss answered him, and he knew who was boss. Palpatine's main flaws (other than the usual sociopathic ones) are his apathy and overconfidence, but he was the One Sith that Darth Tenebrous foresaw who would have no need for an apprentice. His control and manipulation over so many darksiders proves that he was more effective as a Dark Lord than he was an individual teacher to Maul, Tyranus, and Vader.

So, I would have preferred to see an Inquisitor like Jerec. Jerec is the kind of person who would not only have been welcomed with open arms by the ancient Sith, but he would have been a serious contender for the mantle of Dark Lord. As it was, he was stuck serving under two of the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history (Sidious and Vader). That's really the point of the character. He's a guy who was as powerful as An'ya Kuro, Qu Rahn, Joruus C'baoth, etc. He would have found Kanan and Ezra trifling.

kalzeth and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Maybe they'll explain about Snoke too..

Still just how many Inquisitors were there and why didn't they use a Council of Inquisitors as the big bad of the Sequel Trilogy...

SateleNovelist11 and kalzeth like this.
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think the Inquisitors were decent against average or below average Jedi Knights/padawans but not against not against above average warriors like Vader, Maul or Ahsoka. But their skill and abilities were inconsistent on Rebels and elsewhere. For example as Tenth Brother, formerly known as Prosset Dibs, despite two lightsabers gets swiftly cut down by blaster fire from his own Clones, while as Dibs he held his own against the very formidable Mace Windu. Mace viewed Dibs as very strong in the Force and he was an excellent swordsman.

Multiple Inquisitors had a big problem with Clone Troopers that turned against them, which would be no issue for warriors like Vader and Maul who cut through such types(and even armies of battle droids with relative ease), so I don't think they themselves were anything but average or below level of a normal generic Jedi Knight. Jedi Knights and padawans varied in skill and ability when up against trained or programed killers and armies of them. So no one Jedi is equal to another even among the Order itself.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  21. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Yeah, they couldn't handle Jedi Masters. Ahsoka was portrayed as on par with some masters. Of course, when one is trained by Darth Vader, that is a brutal experience.

22. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    At first, I was very surprised by the reveal that season 1´s Inquisitor was in fact the Grand Inquisitor. I felt it was a self imposed limitation that truncated a bit the chances of the new Inquisitors to rise above him. I admit that the GI did grew on me: I´ve rewatched Rebels season 1 and the GI was far from weak ,and I basically see all of them as regular Jedi with the boost of Vader´s dreadful training in the dark side.

Thing is, Legends Inquisitors were certainly above them in power and influence. Actually I´ve been a little obsessed with Laddinare Torbin, because I feel that there should be a Grand Inquisitor above the Rebels one, and a number of High Inquisitors (@Hopeless the idea of a Council of Inquisitors sounds really good), like Jerec or Tremayne, to represent an intermediate echelon between the Sith and the brothers/sisters.

Of course this is not happening in canon, so I keep hoping for more development and to actually get to see some of the victories of the canon Jedi hunters...

Jarrus, Hopeless and kalzeth like this.
  23. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    Depends on the master, though. Grand Inquisitor had little trouble wiping the floor with poor Jocasta, and she was a master.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Jocasta wasn't a master for her combat skill though. Her job and the knowledge + experience that came along with it entitled her to that rank.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  25. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I was going by show only. However, Jocasta wasn't impressive in the original canon. She's more so in this version, and I do think her character is more interesting. Oddly enough, she was the master of Jerec in the old EU.