main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    I´m glad we are finally getting to see the inquisitors winning some battles, like the GI did with jocasta. That the 2nd sister never even flinched at the idea of facing what she believed to be a jedi master does say something about her talent in the fightning department, otherwise she would have called Vader or send in the purge troopers.

PCCViking, kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I cannot agree just cause I think the character looks pretty cool or pushed to be supposed a main antagonist in an anticipated new video game. On actions and merit alone her not
    sensing she was not a Jedi until after almost having her head shot off by a blaster is not testament of her skill or power against Jedi or non-Jedi threats, it was the opposite. She almost got killed by a non-Jedi poser. The hunter got baited in that comic by a no-name normal person. She should've sent in the Inquisitor Troopers first to access the actual threat first. Inquisitor /Purge troops are heavily armed and carry electro-staffs so they could've softened up or possibly handled the prey before she moved in.

Jedi Force reflexes saved the 2nd Sister but that came almost too late.

In the Ahsoka novel its clear that an Inquisitor could easily out match non-Force sensitive combatants on the battlefield with relative ease but lacked the training and skill level to battle a Jedi warrior. In the Vader comic all the Inquisitors are mocked and maimed for their lack of offensive and effective skill in battle against the Jedi to secure a win - and also cause Vader wanted to ensure they'd never be as good as him as they are still potential threats. Later on Vader ends up killing Inquisitors and Clones killled another one. The Inquisitors also do not work well together for any length of time unless ordered to and even that is not a sure thing they will not turn on eachother to get ahead or to survive.

The were also not every bright. The 6th Brother fought with his visor shield up cause he couldn't fight good with it down when fighting a Jedi trained warrior sword to sword, and it had cost him in the end after the explosion. Jedi(and Sith) are better trained and trained to fight with limited or non-existent sight. Supposedly the Inquisitors were former Jedi, but the cartoon and novel makes it out like they lacked actual Jedi training oddly enough. Ahsoka when she first fought the two Inquisitors in Rebels easily defeated them. While in the 3rd Season Kanan could not defeat the Inquisitors and by Malachor their abilities had grown to where neither Kanan nor Ahsoka could defeat them despite coming off of past victories.

According to Filoni, the spinning and tricked out Lightsabers are there to make it known they are not that well trained or skilled. For the most part this is proven to be true from what we've seen of them in action.

The Grand Inquisitor and Pong Krell are only marginally better than the lesser ranked Inquisitors from what can be told in their respective arcs. Pong got bested by Clones but that was mainly cause he was a fool villain type and he was written to be a one off character. He toyed around too much with the Clones cause he viewed them as inferior and had a superiority & boasting complex. We know Clones are not fools and they are well trained and were effective killing machines, even against the Jedi(and Inquisitors) cause they had the training, experience(most served under Jedi) and numbers. The Grand Inquisitor was not even close to a match against cyborg Vader.

Not to sure how fighting an old non-war / non-field combatant confined to the desk librarian Jedi is testament to a great victory for the Grand Inquisitor character. He had a little trouble from her too. Much of his time on Rebels he often used various traps , gadgets, troops, and military vehicles & he spent too much time talking and toying with inferior prey instead of killing them outright . For whatever reason he also preferred capture and delivery to Tarkin or Vader than outright killing even Kanan numerous times even . The heroes are also plot armored and protected so visibly often times the arc structured around them is a joke.

One of the great shortcomings of Star Wars in particular is that the villains are predisposed to lose with the typical good guy vs bad guy/good vs evil vices and stereotypes. Inquisitors while cool looking and potentially could have been interesting villains, unfortunately they fall doubly down the villain ladder cause they are not main event type villains and just plain fodder .

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    That the bad guys will lose is really not a Star Wars mistery, indeed. I don´t think it´s the inquisitors fault, that´s just, well, anyone that oppose the heroes and isn´t the main villain. That shouldn´t mean that their every victory is a mirage or worthless. When they are beaten, they die; when they beat someone, more power to them, really. I like powerful villains to help a story move forward.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Jarrus likes this.
  4. Jarrus

Feb 23, 2018
    Totally! And I like a lot how Vader-like the 2nd sister looks. The cape sure helps... I love Rebels and how they worked around their budget limitations, and now I imagine it has been great not worrying about that at the time of designing these characters. I always pictured these guys wearing capes like some of the old inquisitors, it kinda match their full of themselves personalities.

Ithorians likes this.
  5. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Ninth Sister confirmed for Jedi: Fallen Order!

Jarrus and Ithorians like this.
  6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Does the game take place before or after the Vader comic where she gets her leg cut off and left for dead?

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The look of the character is very similar but they definitely altered the costume of the character for the game, perhaps to make it more cinematic.

8. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    I'm guessing before her leg gets cut off, but I can't tell if her eye is gone or not.

9. Jarrus

Feb 23, 2018
    Just saw the trailer. 2nd sister looks great really (first time we hear her talking, right?) and I´m beyond excited to get 9th sister back! I hope we get more of them, even if just as cameos.

Ithorians likes this.
  10. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016

Looks great! Second Sister in the spotlight, Ninth Sister is back, even Seventh rumored to be somewhat involved in the game... during the characteristics of the story as they've presented in these two trailers, it seems that this game could show us a little more light on Inquisitorius activities. Just seeing the Ninth Sister confirmed took this beyond my expectations!

Jarrus and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Empire replaced Clone Purge Troopers with human recruits by the time this game takes place, so likely she survived Mon Cala which was hinted at in the comic. Besides, the Vader comic took place one year after ROTS, while this game takes place something like 5 years after ROTS. But it could be flashbacks but not likely.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Wrinty likes this.
  12. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    Brand new Inquisitor in the Tales from Vader's Castle

13. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Great news! always good to get a new one, and this one is intriguing, with her mandalorian like visor. Its interesting that they all look pretty close, but still have individual elements. Could this be one of the elusive 3rd/4th? Perhaps the next issue will give a little information about her!

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  15. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I do found in interesting as I always imagine the 4th rank Inquisitor has a Male. I do like the fact we are starting to see Inquisitors in non related Jedi stories

Also loving the lightsaber design. Just like the Tenth Brother, the Fourth Sister has a non spinning lightsaber as well

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  16. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Great, finally we get to know her! I really hope she doesn't get killed in the next issue, or something, though...

I have a feeling that the remaining Inquisitor to be presented will be the Third Brother. I also imagined that Fourth would be male, but I suppose they didn't want to reference the jazz standard...

Great to see a dignitary in issue 5´s preview, and I find particularly interesting that Vanée is surprised to see an Inquisitor there (and how little she cared about it being Vader´s Castle, no less). We got the B´ommar monks back into canon in this issue, could we eventually see the return of Citadel Inquisitorius in Prakith?

Here is the link:

https://www.starwars.com/news/return-to-vaders-castle-5-exclusive

Jarrus likes this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Could be someone in disguise which could explain her flippancy at Vader's mention. [face_thinking]

18. Jarrus

Feb 23, 2018
    I can see that happening, but I hope we don´t end up getting a story about a rebel cell that had a mandalorian armor and adapted it into a inquisitors disguise, or something. I´m into the character as it is, I hope they stick with her.

kalzeth and Fallen Jedi Master like this.
  19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    So what do you guys the fourth sister's race is?

20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    It´s about time we get a human, I think, but there is no way of knowing unless she removes her mask. An Umbaran could work as an Inquisitor, right? What I know is that, after Seventh and Second, I´m not too open to any rumors about her being a certain mirialan we know!!

Jarrus and Fallen Jedi Master like this.
  21. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I think she is indeed some one new

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I do find it a bit strange that all the Inquisitors are aliens

23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Well, here's our answer:

[​IMG]

24. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    I do like the idea of Inquisitors being all alien. It probably helps push an anti-alien stigma for the rest of the galaxy.

PCCViking likes this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The surprise was
    She's not an Inquisitor, its Lena Graf in disguise rescuing Hudd. The electro-staff was the give away, since Inquisitors use lightsabers.