main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. SerRoel

SerRoel Jedi Master

Oct 7, 2013
    It couldn't get much stupider than a resurrected Maul if you ask me. Just because a character is popular doesn't mean they have to brought back...
    ... a side from Boba, he didn't deserve to die like that:D

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    For better or for worse, it's too late now to keep Maul dead unless they can somehow retcon away Maul's survival in TCW.

3. SerRoel

SerRoel Jedi Master

Oct 7, 2013
    Just act like it never happened. ;)

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    SerRoel Well, he didn't "die like that."

Not only did he survive, but he killed the sarlacc in the process. And then went on to reunite Mandalore and become Mand'alor.

Yes yes, I know. EU. It's all the same to me, but I know some wouldn't see it that way. There are movie purists around here. Dunno if you're one of em, but they are around. I'm not one, so for me if it's in the EU and hasn't been overruled, then that's what happened. Boba got out of the pit and ended up ruling Mandalore.

Trebor Sabreon and Mia Mesharad like this.
  5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm young enough that Boba never really died for me. By the time I watched ROTJ (at least the first time I can remember watching it), I was reading EU and knew that Boba wasn't dead.

That's most likely the reason Boba never bothered me whereas the concept of bringing back Maul does, even if I've very much enjoyed the content that's come out of it.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This, is Star Wars. Welcome to the boards, you must be new here.:p

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader also uses fake-lightning in "Darth Vader and the ghost prison", a more recent story.

As things are right now the canon system is like a sarcophagus the writers are trapped in. Many stories only exist to fill some tiny holes in the grand story (the ones Luceno specializes in). You can't do anything with main characters like Luke, Leia or Han (characters that are the reason why some read EU in the first place) without stepping on the toes of someone. Pretty much the only option that allows some creative freedom is taking the universe as setting and inventing your own characters. Unfortunately, the Shadow Games of the EU often don't seem to sell as well as movie novelisations or the umpteenth fight against the Sith by God (Luke) Skywalker.

If you read the SW-tales and compare it to the rest of the EU you'll see what I mean.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yep. And in TFU2 (well, Vader manipulates the environment to use electricity into a giant lighting bolt); but Vader's 'force lightning' is described as Kinetite. It's a huge kop out and designed to give Vader uber powers. However, in Ghost Prison, Vader displays a very powerful form of lightning (almost a burst or storm). See picture below..

[​IMG][​IMG]

spicer and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If I had my way, I'd have "The Inquisitor" voiced by Christoph Waltz.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Haven't read that one and don't know if that is what Lucas thinks. He changes his mind all the time anyway and EU cannot follow.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Rule of One:

Link

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Yet Vader had hope of overthrowing the Emperor. Palpatine made it pretty clear in Mandalore-trilogy that he doesn't accept Maul to his apprentice anymore. In ROTS he seems to think that Vader would become stronger than him but that is before he is injured. After that he probably lost his hope what comes to Vader but he still was Emperor's right hand and more important than his other apprentices and agents.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In The Rise of Dark Vader, Palpatine privately expresses his disappointment, but recognises he would struggle to find a replacement with half of Vader's power. The problem, in Palpatine's mind, was a mental weakness - Vader's unwillingness to bury Anakin, his past and fully embrace the Dark Side. Heck, Maul was sliced in two yet was *still* unstoppable in TCW.

Vader actually begins to heal in Shadow of the Empire, using the Dark Side, but fails when his face reminds him of Anakin.

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I wonder if Vader got to apply the Inquisitor's red ink?

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What is written in Rise of Dark Vader is taken straight out of Dark Lord by Luceno. But in the Luceno novel Vader deals with this mental weakness and overcomes it in the end.

Until RotJ Vader's past is buried and forgotten. Some seem to forget that he risked his sons life multiple times in TESB.

Your statement about SOTE is completely incorrect. Vader fails to heal himself there because he was too happy, not because he looked into a mirror.

But still, I agree with your general point that Vader's flaws were psychological. It wouldn't surprise me if he were depressed after ROTS, maybe even close to suicidal. You can't survive an ordeal like that without some major mental scars. I always wondered if he is afraid of lava.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Let's skip the rule of two for a change. One villain is fine. If there are later seasons, then maybe the Inquisitor will have a apprentice.

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    He's Vader's hound, he won't have time for one.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    He looks badass

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Inquisitor gets whomped all through S1 and by end of S1 he's brought back in disgrace, cliffhanger ends with Sidious telling Vader, "Bring him in" and Maul is brought into the Emperor's throne room in chains and Sidious just tell him to go kick the good guys all around the galaxy.

EECHUUTA likes this.
  20. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Hmmmm, this reminds me of the upcoming novel Maul: Lockdown (the cover). Speaking of which, do you think they'll throw us EU nuts a bone and include the Yuuzhan Vong, just like in the aforementioned novel? Because, apparently an advanced force had already arrived in the galaxy at 32 BBY. Though I imagine an appearance by the Vong would be relatively unlikely during this time period, especially if their place in the continuity is threatened by the upcoming ST. But one can dream, right?

21. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I would assume an appearance would be unlikely, though not for ST reasons. They simply don't have—or shouldn't have—enough of a presence in the galaxy at the time for the heroes of the Ghost to stumble across them. The scouting party that takes Vergere makes sense in relation to the later narrative of Zonama Sekot, but beyond that...even having enough of a force that the Chiss can detect something amiss in Outbound Flight is beginning to stretch the original constraints of secrecy surrounding them. To be honest, I facepalmed at the idea of a Vong showing up in Lockdown, and I hope Rebels doesn't go to that level of contrivancy to include something that really should not be seen for close to half a century. If they want to bring new species and factions to the screen for the first time, I feel like there are a lot better and more relevant options on the table. But that's just me...

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sidious was barely used in TCW, as well he should have been, and we really only saw him get his mass Sith power battle on in, what, over 100 episodes into the series? The galaxy is kinda big, I'm assuming Vader and Sidious do other things around there so they need a few lapdogs here and there to help them clean up the mess.

23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well you could always have Nom Anor floating around getting up to no good.

SithStarSlayer and Mia Mesharad like this.
  24. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I suppose you could. And there's a not-so-small part of me that would love to see Nom Anor hit the screen. But unlike, say, Xizor's scheming that could have real, tangible effects in the very near future, and work in a way to advance the overall plot of the series, how do you justify Nom Anor's scheming which won't have any true payout for, oh...the next forty years? When Nom Anor works, damn does he work. But he does his best work closer to the invasion, when you can actually see the pieces on the board line up for the ultimate endgame.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    A character from the post-RotJ appearing on a DisneyXD show? I don't think so.

Darth_Pevra likes this.