main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Insomniac/Maniac Writer's Association

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Darth_Fruitcake, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My sister and I are 21 months apart and nothing alike, from our appearance to our temperament. She's tall, blonde, and brown-eyed. I'm short, auburned, and green-eyed. She's a gungho exercise maniac who loves to party. I do voodoo on Billy Blanks, write, and have friends who have tongues permanently lodged in cheek and we play cross-town ultimate frisbee on the trains. Trying to score when your goal is on the red line on the other track and you're on the green line westbound... heehee.

2. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    I am the baby of four kids, and that sucks in every way except that Mom always takes up for me. Heck, I had to watch my back at my own wedding to make sure that my brother didn't jack me up in a wedgie!

On the other hand, revenge is sweet when your older sisters realize that "Holy ****, when did he get bigger than me?!" :D [face_devil]

*off to find beer and leftover pizza for breakfast*

3. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I have 4 younger siblings, all of which are loud and obnoxious. But especially the two youngest.
    In order, we have Morgan (nine), Lance (seven, soon to be eight), Joey (three) and David (two...sigh).

Morgan is the only other girl sibling. She's brown-haired and blue-eyed, extremely sensitive to everything, and if you TAP her, she cries and complains that you broke her arm. She's also nearing "that age", and is a total klutz. Everywhere she goes, she's constantly hurting herself. But oddly enough, I can relate to her the best.

Lance is a quiet redhead who kind of shies away from the outside world. However, you get him with his cousins and family, and wham, he's the craziest kid you've ever seen. He loves the army, and he's a total SW nut, like me. He's also the only other person in the house next to me and my dad who will sit down and watch sci-fi movies with me. He also hates anything "girly" or "babyish". His favorite shows are Buzz Lightyear and Ed, Edd, & Eddy.

Joey is a defiant, blonde-headed boy who believes the world revolves around him.
    "Joey, go brush your teeth."
    "But I don't WAAANNNNAAA!!!"
    Ahem.

David, of course, is a typical two year old (also blonde), who believes that the only way to get attention is to screech at the top of his lungs. He's the cutest darn thing, but he thinks he's one of the "big kids" and follows everyone around. He's also my Mom's pet, and believes life is a huge contest to vie for her attention.

Now that you know all about my crazy siblings, perhaps you would like to BAIL ME OUT?!?!

The noise!!!!!

4. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    My sister and I (22 months apart) are also complete opposites. She's 16, the rebellious teenager who doesn't want any kind of advice on anything, the wild, crazy, party-girl...I'm more the one who sits back and goes, 'wait a second...' and who is more cautious...although I do have a crazy streak.
    My brother is eleven, and he's taller than me. Actually, everyone in my family is taller than me. That's okay, I don't mind being short. It's only hard when I have to get into the medicine cabinet or grab something on top of the refrigerator...I either have to drag a chair over, or try to jump up really high to see the top of the fridge. :D

I agree, Mar, it's nice to have siblings to argue with, even though there are times you wish you were an only child. But I have to disagree about my foster brother...I always make up with everyone, even my siblings...but in this case, I'm not sure if it's going to happen...

My favorite movies...hmm, The Mummy and The Mummy Returns, Galaxy Quest, X-Men, DragonHeart...I really liked the Sixth Sense...Shrek, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone...I'm sure there are others, I just can't think of them right now.

Books...the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling; This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti; The Falcon and the Serpent by Cheryl A. Smith; The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare; The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis...

Ooooh, Am, I watch Stargate, too...it comes on at 12:30 in the morning on Saturdays...no 12:30 AM would make it Sunday...well, anyway, it comes on REALLY LATE but I stay up to watch it a lot of times...did you ever see the one where O'Neil kept living the same day over and over again? [face_laugh] I loved the ending to that one...

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Dragonheart, yes... ;) I was wondering if you guys know that Dragonheart (yes, the American movie with Dennis Quaid and Sean Connery as the voice of Draco) was actually filmed (at least, the exteriors and dungeon scenes) in SLOVAKIA??? :D :D :D

Yes, it's true. If you remember the scene where they're flying to Avalon - the castle appears on the cliff above the ocean... well, that is the Spis Castle, the largest castle in the Central and Eastern Europe, and it's about...uh... 30 kilometers from my town. :) I've been there zillion times, and it's really beautiful (and of course, there's no sea there, Slovakia is right in the middle of Europe, so the sea was all CGI. There's actually a small town there...). And I remember very well the summer when they were filming it. We have a sort of a house (or a cottage, something like that) on a hill not far from the town, and we could see the lights on the castle from there at night. And we used to say "look, the Americans are filming!" :p

Or the scene where Draco helps Bowen with the fire, and they're stargazing - well, that was filmed in Slovak Paradise National Park. I've been there, on that particular spot - there's really awesome view from there. :) And the dungeon (or catacombs, call it whatever you feel like) was filmed in the catacombs below the St.Martin's Cathedral in Bratislava (capital city of Slovakia). Cool, huh? ;) :D

6. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    That is really cool! :D I never knew that!

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    My sister Rebekah is a year and a half younger than me. I'm tall and like super muscly (I want to be a pro wrestler ;)), and she's short and skinny, toothpick skinny. I have dark blond hair, she had white hair until she died it red/black. She's into Gothic stuff, and I am... Well I am myself. Think Faux fur, polkadots, anything loud. I am an extrovert she's anything but.

Then there is my brother, Dan, who's 12. He's my buddy. Except his feet are enormous! He's growing up so fast *sniff*. :D He likes Star Wars, and he really tried to write fics, but, yeah, they don't work out that well. I try and help him with his grammer, but he had the mind of an engineer, and you know how Engineers are ;)

Then there is Martha, the youngest, and the most spoiled. She's 8 (nearly a whole decade of an age difference between us.) When she gets older, she is going to be a non stop chatter box. She'll talk all the time on the phone, and acts like a teeny bopper. That's fine with me, I'll be gone when she becomes a teenager. :)

My family is quite interesting. I am counting the days until I leave for college ;)

8. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    My sister is five years younger than me. We lived together until she moved out to be closer to her job. (I had to drive her 75 miles to work on the weekends until she got her driver's license last year! That's hard on someone with rheumatoid arthritis in both legs and both hands! [face_shocked])

We're the oddballs of the family; we prefer to listen to 80's music, and we're both sci-fi freaks, computer geeks and game junkies.

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Force, Qwi that comes on late! Here we have it on like 8:30pm Thrusday, we all love it and cannot wait to sit down and watch it. That episode you talking about would have to be my FAVOURITE. Do you remember on ones of the days he resigned and kissed Sam and then on another he was playing Golf with the Stargate (if you know what I mean, I cannot think of the word)

I was cracking up the whole way through it! I have one step-sister and she's about three years older. She moved out. So it's just lil' old me. I think sometimes it would be cool to have a brother or sister who loved SW, as much as I do. But, then I'd have to share my computer :D

Am [face_love]

10. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Yes! The part where he resigned and kissed Sam was my favorite! I was laughing hysterically when I saw that...and at the end, at the breakfast table, when Daniel asked if he ever thought about doing things just to do them because no one would remember them, and Jack just kind of smiled and looked at Sam...hehehe! That was sooo funny! And when he was translating all of that weird language to Daniel because he had already been through it so many times! [face_laugh] That was great!

My little brother likes SW, so he's the one I talk to when I'm excited about something that has to do with it. But he doesn't know how to use the internet...

11. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, a lot has been typed.

Wowza. Took forever to read.

I am the youngest of four siblings.

I loved Thanksgiving.

Lots of favorite movies: Moulin Rouge, Star Wars, The Matrix, Austin Powers 2, Eye of The Beholder, Life As A House, etc.

I love Dark Angel!!!! and ER and Friends and more I cannot think of.

AHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

12. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Dark Angel and Stargate! Yay!

I'm not alone in the world ;)

13. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    Well, I definitely watch Friends, but not ER :p I watch the real stuff :D :eek: .
    I've never seen Dark Angel before :_| .

Well, it's 11:40 AM here in Canada and the best time for me to be crazy :D

hehehehe

I only have one sibling, a sister (thank god for that!). Her and I are nearly two years apart. We fight constantly (sigh :( ) .

Other movies I like are: ummm... Sweet November, Land Before Time ( :p ), City of Angels, The Great Outdoors (one of the funniest movies ever :D ), The Edge, and a lot of others.

Now I'm going to go crazy, blast music, and do some drawing :D

'Night :p

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Where in Canada do you live? I lived in Ontario for three years before I moved back to the states. I had a blast up there though. :)

I used to watch ER. The episode when John Carter got stabbed and Lucy died :eek: Ahhh! It was an emotional time for me... ;)

Now I don't get to see alot of TV I am more of a movie person. In December I am going to see Black Hawk Down... Mmmmmm... Ewan *drool*

I do watch Malcom in the Middle with my Family and the simpsons thought.

15. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    OOOH! I love Stargate, but the series aren't as good as the original movie (with Kurt Russel). They kicked some Ra-Ra booty.

My fave movies and books besides SW...

Movies: The 6th Day, X-men, Terminators 1 and 2, Predator, Stargate, The Grinch (with Jim Carrey), Toy Story (okay, it's a kids' movie, but I love it to death), Remember The Titans, Silence Of The Lambs (not Hannibal, though. That movie sucked), The Matrix.

Books: Ummm.... Well, the Black Stallion is one of my personal faves, because I am a total horse freak. Island Of The Blue Dolphins was a really good one, too. And Silence Of The Lambs, the novel, had me biting my nails.

TV shows: I don't really have a favorite show (I prefer movies) but if I had to pick a fave, Stargate SG-1, Wonder Years, Everyone Loves Raymond, and Happy Days. I LOOOOVE Happy Days.... but it hardly ever comes on anymore.
    "HEEEEY!"

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah! Another horse freak! I read all the black stallion books and watched the movies. I also read the Saddle club, did you ever read those? Oh and Margurite Henry books too. :)

I watched stargate once in a while, I could never figure out when it was on though.

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I love Richard Dean Anderson! He has some sort of spunk that I cannot explain, he's also so attractive. Can you tell I go for older men? :)

Am [face_love]

18. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Yeah, I like the Saddle Club books! Thoroughbred is good, but it's kind happy-go-lucky. Not realistic.

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah, I read some of those too. You know what was a good story? The Maltese Falcon by Rudyard Kipling. I love that story :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.