main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Isolation Log: Diary of a Lost Rebel [OCs; humour/drama] Update 12/23 Days 50-52

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Title: The Isolation Log: A Diary of a Lost Rebel
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Genre: ATSQ (absolutely terrifying survival quest); drama, humour, some angst
    Timeframe: Post-ANH, pre-ESB
    Characters: OCs; contains flashbacks/mentions of Rogue Squadron members
    Summary: A rookie Rebel pilot with a bad attitude, teenaged angst and an odd writing quirk; an Imperial TIE-fighter pilot with hate problems, homicidal tendencies and insomnia; an uninhabited planet filled with all sorts of interesting and unpleasant things? what could be worse? Not to mention that there?s a sarcastic astromech droid who thinks he?s witty and has way too much to say.

Notes: I know the last date to sign up for the Dear Diary challenge is long gone (I waved at the deadline as it went by? just kidding ;) ), but I somehow ended up with this plot bunny. This is not an entry for the Dear Diary challenge (since I completely missed the deadline for signing up), but I?m going to try to adhere to the challenge?s rules anyways, even though I?m not eligible for anything. I suppose you could say this is ?inspired? by the challenge. :p

Winner: Best Original OC, Female (Kerigan Lysson) (2009 Saga Fan Fiction Awards)

PM List

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=MsLanna]MsLanna[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=NYCitygurl]NYCitygurl[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=Ultima_1]Ultima_1[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=JediXManSerenaKenobi]JediXmanSerenaKenobi[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=snowspeeder_gunner]snowspeeder_gunner[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=VaderLVR64]VaderLVR64[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=Tatooine_Ghost]Tatooine_Ghost[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=Laine_Snowtrekker]Laine_Snowtrekker[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=QueenArdnassak]QueenArdnassak[/link]

[hr]

[i]THE ISOLATION LOG:

The Diary of A Lost Rebel[/i]

[hr]

[b][i]Day One[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #1
    [i]Time: 0630 hours[/i][/b]

Thank the stars [i]something[/i] survived that crash. Though, this isn?t really all that useful, is it? A datapad.

[i]A datapad.[/i] Wonderful. Of all the things that could have survived that burning wreck of an X-Wing ? food, supplies and beacons come to mind ? a [i]datapad[/i] is the thing that decides to be indestructible. A slightly malfunctioning datapad, I might add. Took me ages to get it to work. Or maybe that has to do with the fact that it?s more than a little beat-up. It?s got scorch marks all over it. I?m surprised that it actually works.

Then again, that explains a lot.

All hail the mighty makers of datapads. I wonder who made this one.

Oh. I see. The company logo is written on the back. [i]StarSave.[/i] What a name.

Yes ? I?m sarcastic. Do you mind? More to the point, do [i]I[/i] mind? No, I don?t mind. No one?s going to be reading this except for me. I doubt there?s anything else on this forsaken mud hole. Slime and muck all over the place. I?m a mess and I can?t find clean water. Just a tropical swamp. It stinks.

And my X-Wing is gone. Sunk, right out of sight. I?m not getting it out ? no chance. Not unless I?m Luke Skywalker or somebody. I?ve heard the stories. We all have. Mr. Jedi who saves the day at Yavin and explodes the Death Star.

That was two years ago. That was before I joined the Rebellion. Two years ago, I was sixteen and didn?t know what to do with my life. Now I?m eighteen and don?t know what to do with my life. I tried to be a pilot, but I?m getting nowhere without my ship.

This. Stinks.

Literally and metaphorically.

Stuck in a swamp ? I tell you! Honestly, I don?t know how I?m going to get out of this mess.

I don?t even know how I?m going to eat!

[hr]

[b][i]Day Two[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #2

Exactly

2. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hee hee, very cool beginning. This is going to be an interesting character to follow. :D

Poor guy. I feel bad for him (I'm guessing it's a him) stuck in that icky swamp. I'm also guessing that things won't be getting better for him too quickly. ;)

All hail the mighty makers of datapads.

LOL. I loved that line.

Keep up the good work! =D=

-Thumper

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    And speaking of funny Brits . . . :p

This is hilarious!!! Poor guy :p Must be hard for him, though. Is he stuck on Dagobah or just a random planet?

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thumper: Glad you like it! :D You'll see if it's a guy or girl talking -- very soon. If not immediately. ;)

Nat: [face_laugh] "Speaking of funny Brits..."

Thanks. :p

Poor guy tongue Must be hard for him, though. Is he stuck on Dagobah or just a random planet?

It's not Dagobah. And did I say that it's a guy? o_O

[b][i]Day Three[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #6

It?s been exactly two days since I found this datapad. It?s been precisely two days, three hours, thirteen minutes since my ship went down.

Hot. Sticky. Humid.

I hate my life.

No sign of Aree. It got cooler overnight and this time I slept on my solitary dry patch. Didn?t do much good, but at least I was dry this time. But good things never last ? as soon as morning came, it got hotter. My face is itchy ? if I had a mirror, I?d be afraid to look in it. I think I?ve got bites all over it. At least, that?s what it feels like.

I have bites where there shouldn?t be bites.

I don?t have as many ration bars as I would like. I still can?t find water.

I want my life back. I shouldn?t have joined the Rebellion. If this is how they reward their ?

I just thought of something: they don?t know I?m here. They don?t know my X-Wing went down. I saw the rest of my squadron get shot. Their X-Wings exploded. They?re all dead. The Rebellion doesn?t know ? can?t know ? I?m alive. I was the last one and now I have no way of contacting them. I lost my ship.

They probably think I?m dead.

Hutt breath! What am I going to do? I don?t have a way of getting off this kriffing planet and I have no way of contacting ANYONE.

The Rebellion thinks I?m dead.

[i]Kriff![/i]

I can just see it. My name on some memorial, up there with all the others who?ve died for the Rebellion:

[blockquote][b]KERIGAN LYSSON
    [i]Missing in Action.[/i][/b][/blockquote]

Eighteen years old and already I?m ?dead.?

So much for the full life my father wanted for me. Not that I really care about what Daddy dearest wanted. Filthy Empire-loving son-of-a-Hutt. He?d do anything to cuddle up with those Imperials, even if they?d destroy the entire company and ruin the lives of everyone in the colony.

Daddy would probably just shrug and say, ?That?s business.?

I hate businessmen. I hate Imperials. I hate the Empire.

And I hate this planet!

[i]09931234098
    2304985??720394857NJA
    LKDJFHP98098
    892345 P3984 5 ~
    UJI8194 *<?+- 91928472234
    0101010101010101010101010101 -- !!!

DATAPAD MALFUNCTION[/i]

[b]Entry #7
    [i]Time: 1757[/i][/b]

Lesson learned: don?t throw a datapad up against a tree. It took me forever to get it back to normal, not to mention that it was covered in green-brown muck. I tore off a sleeve to get something to clean it with. Not that it really matters ? I was trying to make up my mind whether I should alter my clothes or not. It?s just too damn hot for sleeves here.

I?m in a bad mood. I don?t feel like writing. I have work to do.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, this poor kid should definitely be bored out of her mind in chem class, not stuck in a swamp somewhere. I laughed so hard at this. Well done.

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, guess not so much a "guy" :p I like the name -- have you ever read Kristan Britain's books? They hav a character with a similar name, so I'm really fond of it :)

Awesome post! Poor girl :(

7. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Great post! I have a better picture of Kerigan now too, LOL. ;)

The Rebellion doesn?t know ? can?t know ? I?m alive.

That's never a good thing. [face_worried]

I loved the datapad vs. the tree part. Kerigan's got spunk. :)

Looking forward to more! :D

-Thumper

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ish: Don't mention chem! [face_plain]

;) :p

Glad you laughed, Master. :D Thanks!

Nat: Well, guess not so much a "guy"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Nope.

I like the name -- have you ever read Kristan Britain's books? They hav a character with a similar name, so I'm really fond of it

No. I haven't heard of her before, actually.

Awesome post! Poor girl

This isn't even the beginning. [face_mischief]

Thumper: Great post! I have a better picture of Kerigan now too, LOL

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's never a good thing.

No. :( And with her ship pretty much destroyed, finding a way off the planet is going to be pretty difficult.

I loved the datapad vs. the tree part. Kerigan's got spunk.

[face_laugh]

Thanks. :) Glad you like Kerigan's spunk. :D

[b][i]Day Four[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #8
    [i]Time: 1401[/i][/b]

Today?s Activities:

1. Slept on dry patch. Again.

2. Got bit by bugs.

3. Thought I saw something moving in the jungle.

4. Tried climbing trees. Moving thing turned out to just be a rotten branch that the wind decided to rip off a tree.

5. Nearly brained by falling branch.

6. Ate a ration bar.

7. Wrote in datapad.

8. I wish I could write, ?had Calamarian C-tea at 1100 hours.?

[b]Entry #9
    [i]Time: 1415[/i][/b]

More Activities:

9. Brained by falling branch.

10. Had a lump the size of my fist start to form on my forehead where I was hit by a falling branch. Damn trees!

11. Hated the jungle.

12. Checked the time when last entry was entered.

13. Was bored.

[b]Entry #10
    [i]Time: 1425[/i][/b]

I can hear the jungle cracking around me. Either I?m going insane, or the jungle?s getting its revenge and has decided to brain me with every single falling branch in existance.

[b]Entry #11
    [i]Time: 1459[/i][/b]

[u]The Last Will and Testament of Kerigan Lysson[/u]

[i]It is my last wish and hope that the person who finds this datapad on THE JUNGLE PLANET henceforth bring the messages within it to the following people in the following order:

1) Princess Leia Organa and/or General Rieekan

2) Jyn Talon

3) My father, Hal Lysson

4) The good people of StarSave[/i]

[u]Message One:[/u]

To the leaders and generals of the Rebellion ?

I?m sorry for being the annoying eighteen year old who somehow managed to pass all the tests with flying colours and shoved it in all the oldies? faces. I?m sorry for falling prey to the usual teenaged angst and becoming unbearable. I noticed that most of you just smiled and nodded. You are too kind. You seriously should have punched me or something.

Oh, and tell Wes Janson that I say hi. If that doesn?t manage to irk him, tell him that I?ve successfully managed to take his ?secret? to the grave, as per orders.

[u]Message Two:[/u]

Jyn, I?ve always wanted to say this ? you?re an idiot. You?re a bad artist and an even worse musician. Good luck in Coruscant; I?m sure that there?s plenty of people who enjoy bad music. Oh, and for the record, your taste in clothes is still very pathetic.

[u]Message Three:[/u]

Dearest Daddy,

This is your little girl talking. You remember Keri, right? Oh wait, you were always too busy trying to scrape business deals to notice little Keri. I suppose you didn?t even notice when Keri grew up on you. It?s Kerigan now. If you?re still trying to figure out where I disappeared to, I?m going to tell you: I joined the Rebellion.

Yes, yes, I know you?re furious with me. That was the point. Well, I?m dead now. Hope you?re happy. I seem to remember you telling me something along the lines of, ?I wish you a quick death? or something when I said I wanted to be a pilot.

Well, the ?death? part you got right. ?Quick? didn?t really happy. I got bitten by bugs and brained by falling branches. Not exactly the nicest way to go -- or the most memorable.

Hope you?re happy, Daddy. Good luck with your business deals. I spit on my memory of them.

[u]Memory Four:[/u]

Thank you, thank you, [i]StarSave[/i] members, for creating this datapad. It saved my life ? sort of. Not really. Actually, not at all.

But you did create a piece o

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Kerigan!! Loved the message about Wes :D And the second one as well -- annoying ex?

And you should read them!! Great books :D

10. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Thank you, thank you, StarSave members, for creating this datapad. It saved my life ? sort of. Not really. Actually, not at all.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

this is great. Please put me on your pm list.[face_batting]

(If you want those updates acknowledged by the Challenge_Sock, you'd better pm it about them ;) )

11. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    I agree, the message to Wes was great. :D

We got some interesting little tidbits here about Kerigan's background, which was cool. You're doing a good job at fleshing out her character in this diary format.

That cracking sound in the jungle doesn't bode well... especially if it leads to being brained by falling branches.

Great update!

-Thumper

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Nat: Annoying ex, eh? Maybe... [face_mischief]

And Kerigan has a lot more things to/about say to Wes. :p

MsLanna: this is great. Please put me on your pm list.

Thanks!

And sure thing! I'll start a PM list just for you. :p

(If you want those updates acknowledged by the Challenge_Sock, you'd better pm it about them

I'll keep that in mind. :)

Thumper: Thanks for reading!

I agree, the message to Wes was great. grin

LOL, glad you found it so. :D

We got some interesting little tidbits here about Kerigan's background, which was cool. You're doing a good job at fleshing out her character in this diary format.

Thanks! I want it to sound as natural as possible, so we'll be finding out things about Kerigan in kind of circular, backwards fashion... if that makes any sense. 8-}

That cracking sound in the jungle doesn't bode well... especially if it leads to being brained by falling branches.

The cracking isn't all too serious. Kerigan's just a little jumpy. It's probably nothing more than, y'know, falling branches... [face_whistling]

[b][i]Day Five[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #14
    [i]Time: 0021[/i][/b]

[i]Here we go around the prickly pear,
    The prickly pear, the prickly pear,
    Here we go around the prickly pear,
    And now we go around the Hindian pear,
    The Hindian pear
    That isn?t really prickly.[/i]

[b]Entry #15
    [i]Time: 0743[/i][/b]

Morning.

Hot.

[b]Entry #16
    [i]Time: 0842[/i][/b]

Still morning.

Still hot.

Thirsty.

Now sweaty.

I must stink.

I need a shower.

[b]Entry #17
    [i]Time: 1055[/i][/b]

Still morning.

Doubly hot.

Thirsty.

Remind me why I joined the Rebellion.

[b]Entry #18
    [i]Time: 1058[/i][/b]

Hot. Sticky.

Still morning.

Tired.

Good night. Too hot to type. Too hot to think.

My shirt lost its other sleeve today. Too hot.

[b]Entry #19
    [i]Time: 2222[/i][/b]

I slept all day today. It was too hot to do anything else. I think I?ve come to the conclusion that I have to become nocturnal. Sleep during the day, work during the night. It?s the only way I?m going to get anything done.

My dry patch is getting smaller. I?m going to have to do something about that eventually, but not now. First, I need to find fresh water. I?m not going to last much longer without a lasting source of water. I forgot to mention that I found a second container today. It was hidden under a pile of fallen branches. There were some water supplies.

I drank. Now I?m not so thirsty anymore, but I?ve got to get out of here. I?m going to pack up my things and go for a hike. I doubt I?ll be coming back. This place isn?t very appealing.

I?m just hoping that the entire planet isn?t made up of jungles.

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thanks for the pm.[:D]
    My head's a sieve and things get lost all the time, so i prefer to make sure I don't miss out on stories I like.

The whole days worries me. I am looking forward to a summer holiday that might end uop just like that. At least, I will have loads of drink with me.

I hope the exploring will bring some interesting event. And no sudden death, it would be a rather short story then.:p

14. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Reading Kerigan's entries is reminding me that the icky summer heat here in Florida is fast approaching. :p

Great update! Going nocturnal makes sense because of the temperatures, and I hope that works out better for her. I'm looking forward to seeing where her hike leads. :) Good job!

-Thumper

15. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I like what you're doing with this so far. Funny without being too over the top.

When does the sarcastic droid come in?

Oh, and could you add me to your PM list?

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, yeah, water is a must. Poor girl :(

And can you please add me to the PM list? [face_batting]

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    MsLanna: You're welcome. :)

My head's a sieve and things get lost all the time, so i prefer to make sure I don't miss out on stories I like.

Lol, no worries, I'm like that too!

I hope the exploring will bring some interesting event. And no sudden death, it would be a rather short story then.

Unless the diary switches hands at the time of death. :p

[face_whistling]

Then I'll have to change the title. 8-}

Thumper09: Reading Kerigan's entries is reminding me that the icky summer heat here in Florida is fast approaching. tongue

[face_laugh]

I was thinking of the summer heat of smoggy south-western Ontario when I was writing that. Icky!

Great update! Going nocturnal makes sense because of the temperatures, and I hope that works out better for her. I'm looking forward to seeing where her hike leads. happy Good job!

Thanks! The hike could prove... interesting. :p

Ultima_1: Thanks for your comments! I'm glad that you don't think it's too over-the-top. Sometimes I think I'm being too obnoxious and over-the-top. :p

The sarcastic droid comes in soon. :D

And I'll add you to the list!

Nat: Yeah, definitely. Can't live long without water. :p

[b][i]Day Six[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #20
    [i]Time: 0431
    Time Edited: 0845, 0845, 0845, 0845, 0846, 0846, 0846, 0846, 0846, 0847, 0847[/i][/b]

I think that the entire planet is made up of jungles. After what I?ve [i]walked[/i] through?

?Hiked? is a better word, I?m thinking.

However, there is something that might lighten up my day a little bit. I found Aree. Or, to be more precise, Aree found [i]me.[/i]

Boy, astromech droids are tough. No wonder we use them in our X-Wings, I seriously think Aree can withstand anything. When I hiked through that jungle, he came slundering (is that a word? Slugging? Slundering? Ugh) on out of this big? well, [i]mud[/i] puddle swamp thing. All oozing mud and guck and stuff. It was gross. Don?t know how he managed it, but Aree?s here now and as soon as I find some water I can waste on him, I?ll clean him off.

He?s beeping at me right now. He?s been twittering all night.

I HAVE ONLY BEEN ?TWITTERING? BECAUSE I HAVE MUD CLINGING TO THE INSIDE OF MY DOME. IT IS MAKING MY SYSTEM MALFUNCTON.

[b]Edit:[/b] Yeah, right.

SYSTEM MALFUNCTION, SYSTEM MALFUNCTION!

[b]Edit:[/b] Stop that.

SYSTEM MALFUNCTION!

[b]Edit:[/b] Stop that or I?ll shove you back in the mud.

YOU WOULD NOT. YOU NEED ME. I CAN GET YOU OUT OF HERE.

[b]Edit:[/b] Like hell you can.

I CAN SEND UP A SIGNAL AND CALL THE REBEL ALLIANCE TO COME TO YOUR AID.

[b]Edit:[/b] Not without a ship, you can?t and the last ship I saw threw you half a kilometre away when it crashed.

THAT WAS NO FAULT OF MY OWN.

[b]Edit:[/b] My X-Wing probably thought you were annoying as I think you are.

YOUR SHIP AND I WERE COMPATIBLE. THERE WERE NO HARD FEELINGS BETWEEN US.

[b]Edit:[/b] Oh, [i]of course[/i] not!

YOUR SHIP, HOWEVER, WAS TOO FULL OF ITSELF.

[b]Edit:[/b] I?m not really interested.

IT THOUGHT IT COULD FLY WITHOUT ME. THAT WAS A WRONG ASSUMPTION.

[b]Edit:[/b] Hey, look, Aree, I?m not really interested in computer communications?

IT ASSUMED WRONG.

[b]Edit:[/b] You?ve said that already. [i]Why[/i] are you hooked up to my datapad?! [i]How did you do that?![/i]

LAST QUESTION IRRELEVANT. ANSWER TO FIRST QUESTION: SO I CAN SPEAK TO YOU. WHERE IS YOUR SHIP NOW?

[b]Edit:[/b] You don?t want to know. It?ll plug up your circuits even further. Unplug yourself right now before I?

BEFORE WHAT? YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO.

[b]Edit:[/b] What do you know about what humans need?

I OBSERVE HUMANS. I KNOW THEIR NEEDS AND WANTS.

[b]Edit:[/b] Do you know why?

IT IS NOT NECESSARY?

[i]098210938!!?&83965
    29384579=18928374?
    ---- 89870987345 1239!23%436345
    0000000100001000100010!!!!!!!00101!
    2394857!!13945709238475!!!
    DATAPAD MALFUNCTION[/i]

[b]Entry #21
    [i]Time: </?.>![/i][/b]

[i]-------------^^^------

?[/i]

[b]Entry #22
    [i]Time: </?.>[/b]

------------^^^^^^^---(98098098

??[

18. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    This post was absolutely hilarious. I loved the part with Aree arguing with her, especially with him reformatting the datapad or whatever he did to it.

19. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Entries #26 and 27 were awesome. Aree's opinion of the X-wing being full of itself was also awesome.

I'm glad Kerigan and Aree were able to meet up, but at this point I'm not so sure Kerigan is glad about that. ;) Now I'm curious to see if Aree will help more than he hinders.

Great update! :)

-Thumper

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] This is great!!! Poor Kerigan, having to deal with the driod. I adore Aree, though :D

21. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Oooh! I love where this is going. I just happened upon this fic, and now I'm very happy I did. Please, please, please add me to the PM list!
    -Jecca

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    This is so hilarious.
    Poor girl.:p
    Aree seems fun, though, loved their 'conversation'.[face_laugh]
    The data-trash was funny, though i didn't understand a word.
    And Kerigan did find some fun, for me at least.[face_mischief]

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ultima_1: Thanks! :D Yeah, Aree's a handful. It's hard to tell whether he'll save Kerigan from going crazy or cause her to go crazy. :p

Thumper09: Glad you liked those entries. :p Couldn't resist it. Kerigan probably told Aree that more than once aloud, but she had to write it down and record it just for emphasis. "Stupid human/stupid droid." :p

Now I'm curious to see if Aree will help more than he hinders.

Who knows? [face_mischief]

Just wait until she meets the other character on this planet... [face_skull]

Nat: Every one loves an annoying droid. :p Except for Kerigan. ;)

Quigonjecca: Lol, thanks! :D I've added you to the PM list. :)

MsLanna: Glad you found it funny. :D I suppose I should add "humour" to the header [facea_thinking] .

The data-trash was funny, though i didn't understand a word.

Neither did I, for that matter. :p

Thanks for reading!

And now... a small update...

[b][i]Day Seven[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #34
    Entries Left: 66
    [i]Time: 0631[/i][/b]

My system is SO screwed up, I can tell.

SYSTEM MALFUNCTION, as Aree would say. I think I have mud stuck in [i]my[/i] dome. If I were an astromech, that is.

My sleeping patterns are all over the place, my supplies are almost gone and so is my water and I have an annoying astromech droid who won?t stop bleeping and blurping in my ears whenever I try to sleep.

ACK!

AND I?ve set the timer. It?s not really a timer, more like a? counter. Or whatever. It?s telling me how many entries I have left until I reach 100. Not that I really need it, but it?s a cool add-on. Remind to send my love to the people at [i]StarSave.[/i] I LOVE THEIR DATAPADS!

[b]Entry #35
    Entries Left: 65
    [i]Time: 0632[/i][/b]

Oh, right. I suppose I set the ?counter? thingummy to remind me NOT to use up my entries.

[b]Entry #36
    Entries Left: 64[/b]
    [b][i]Time: 0633[/i][/b]

Or maybe I want to.

[b]Entry #37
    Entries Left: 63
    [i]Time: 0632
    Time Edited: 1034, 1355, 1422[/i][/b]

On second thought, maybe not.

[b]Edit:[/b] Not much is happening today. I?m continuing my hike. The jungle is actually getting a little, teeny-weeny bit nicer. But not much. By nicer, I mean dryer. It?s still too hot and sticky? and, yes, I still need a shower.

Ohh? I just love that word. Shower.

[b]Edit:[/b] On second thought, I hate the word shower ?CAUSE I?M NOT GOING TO GET ONE.

I just fell in a mud puddle.

Aree laughed a very astromech-droidy laugh. I officially hate R2 units.

[b]Edit:[/b]

[u]Things Kerigan Lysson Hates[/u]

1. Aree.

2. Astromech droids in general. And crashed X-Wings.

3. Falling trees/branches.

4. Jungles.

5. Going to a place that does not have proper showering facilities.

6. Jyn?s music. Thank the stars I CAN?T hear it here.

7. Wes Janson?s jokes. See above for comment.

8. Having weird eating/sleeping patterns. I can?t for the life of me shut my eyes right now.

9. Jungles again.

10. Being stuck on a planet with an astromech droid and a datapad.

11. Saying that the datapad is a bad thing. I love [i]StarSave![/i]

12. Imperials: for shooting me down.

13. Daddy.

Seriously, Father, I [i]hope[/i] you?re pleased with where I?ve ended up.

24. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    That's gotta be annoying, having a sleeping schedule that's all mixed up like that. Plus, I'm sure having a talkative astromech doesn't help matters. Hopefully the general, gradual drying out of the jungle means there's relief from the hot sticky ickyness for her not too far away. But hey, at least the mud should help with keeping the bugs off. :p

I liked reading the things on her hate list. #11 was great with how it turned some of the meaning of #10 around. :) Very cool.

Great update! :D

-Thumper

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thumper09: Yeah, Kerigan is a little wired because of her mixed up schedule. She's not adjusting to her new environment (yet) because of the heat and other factors. Aree's a little bit of a hindrance, too.

Hopefully the general, gradual drying out of the jungle means there's relief from the hot sticky ickyness for her not too far away.

Let's cross our fingers! Hopefully it's true and Kerigan will get a little less disgruntled once she's away from the heat.

hey, at least the mud should help with keeping the bugs off.

Most of the time. ;) There's some pretty nasty bugs there. And persistent ones as well.

Glad you liked entries 11 and 10 of her hatelist. :D

[b][i]Day Eight[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #37
    Entries Left: 63
    [i]Time: 0633
    Time Edited: 0645[/i][/b]

[i]Checklist:[/i]

1. Provisions: ration bars (17), water containers (4)
    2. Clean clothes: shirt (1), pants (1)

[b]Edit:[/b] This is so unbelievably pointless. I thought that it would be a good idea to go over all my provisions and stuff from the junk I managed to salvage after my X-Wing crashed. All those boxes thrown around? that I randomly found. There?s not much. There?s a good side and a bad side to that.

Good side: I have food, I have water ? I?m going to live. Unless I get brained by a tree, or eaten alive by bugs or whatever else lives on this planet. The weird thing is, I haven?t heard any large animals moving around. At least, I think I don?t. Not yet, anyways.

Bad Side: I [i]have[/i] to move out of this stinking bug-haven of a jungle-swamp, tropical whatever-it-is. And to do just that, I have to lug [i]all[/i] my provisions around with me. Carrying + hiking = sweat and sore muscles.

On the bright side (yay! Let?s be optimistic? NOT), I have this thingummy of a bag that sort of works to carry my junk. And also, the more I eat and drink, the lighter it gets. But the more and I eat and drink, the less supplies I have so UGH.

Life is so unfair. This is NOT supposed to happen. Out of all the people in this blasted Galaxy goes and gets themselves [i]trapped[/i] on a stinking isolated planet in the middle of nowhere with no way of contacting ANYONE? Really, I?d be happy to see even an IMPERIAL right about now, even if he was trying to blast me.

That?s one thing that?s could come in handy that I don?t have ? a blaster. I guess hunting?s out, except that at the moment I can?t see anything that I?d want to hunt. Eating bugs isn?t my thing and anyways ? how do you catch them? I [i]squish[/i] them. But not before they create huge, bloody welts on my arms and hands that are so itchy that I can?t help scratching them. And now my skins covered with this yellow ooze. I damn hope that the bites aren?t infected. I don?t have any antibiotics on me.

Damn it!

[b]Entry #38
    Entries Left: 62
    [i]Time: 0700
    Time Edited: 0708, 0708, 0709, 709[/i][/b]

I?m going for a hike. Aree is bleeping and blooping at me again. He wants to find clean water? or at least I think he does. I can?t make any sense of him unless he?s

YOU MIGHT FIND IT PRUDENT AT SOME TIME TO NOT SPEAK ALOUD WHILE WRITING.

DO NOT CALL ME AN ?IDIOT.? DROIDS ARE INCAPABLE OF ?IDIOT-ISM.? ONLY SENTIENT BEINGS ARE IDIOTS. I AM NOT A SENTIENT BEING. I AM A DROID.

ANSWER TO FIRST QUESTION: I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR USE OF LANGUAGE. ANSWER TO SECOND QUESTION: I HAVE PLUGGED MYSELF IN AS AN ANSWER TO YOUR REQUEST TO UNDERSTAND MY SPEECH, WHICH YOU HAVE SO PLEASANTLY CALLED ?BLOOPING AND BLEEPING.? I AM UNAWARE OF THE DEFINITION OF THE VERB ?BLOOP.? AS MY SYSTEM TELLS ME, THIS WORD DOES NOT EXIST.

I WILL NOT ?SHUT UP.? I AM A DROID. YOU WISHED TO SPEAK TO ME AND UNDERSTAND ME.

CLEAN WATER WOULD BE APPROPRIATE IN OUR CONDITION. YOU HAVE THREE AND A HALF WATER CONTAINERS IN YOUR POSSESSION. HUMANS NEED WATER TO SURVIVE. I NEED TO BE CLEANED. YOU NEED TO DRINK. END OF DISCUSSION.

I AM NOT A TWIT.

YOUR LANGUAGE IS NOT APPRECIATED.

THAT DOES NOT MATTER.

YOU ARE INCORRECT. DROIDS ARE INCAPABLE OF ?STUPID.? HUMANS ARE CAPABLE OF STU

[b]Edit:

Edit:

Edit:

E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.