main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Isolation Log: Diary of a Lost Rebel [OCs; humour/drama] Update 12/23 Days 50-52

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Poor, poor Kerigan! I hope she makes it out alright. BTW, I'm really loving Aree!

I hope she finds food and water soon, otherwise this diary could be a bit short!

Great post,
    Jecca

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aree continues to be absolutely hilarious :D And poor Keri again. I'm interested in her ex -- what broke them up?

3. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hmm, no large animals (that she's aware of) could be a good thing, or it could be an indication of a bad thing... [face_thinking]

I AM UNAWARE OF THE DEFINITION OF THE VERB ?BLOOP.? AS MY SYSTEM TELLS ME, THIS WORD DOES NOT EXIST.

hee hee... Literal droids are so much fun. :)

It was fun seeing Aree's side of the conversation like that, and it was also interesting to learn more about Kerigan's background. The Rebellion must have been something of a culture shock to her at first if she grew up in a rich family.

I love the unique "voice" you've given her, with how she phrases certain things and uses words like "thingummy" and "all things mystical-energy related".

Great update! :D

-Thumper

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Quigonjecca:

I'm glad you like Aree! It's a little difficult to incorporate him into the story, because even if Kerigan was writing her diary like a story, all she would hear from him his a series of bloops and beeps. But Aree's such a pushy droid that he'd hack into her datapad at every available chance, so we'll probably hear some more Kerigan/Aree arguments. :p

I hope she finds food and water soon, otherwise this diary could be a bit short!

Hey, if Tom Hanks can survive in Cast Away, Kerigan can do it here. :p

Nat:

What broke Jyn and Kerigan up?

Well... *draws in a deep breath in preparation for a long-winded story that includes more drama than all the episodes of The O.C. and One Tree Hill put together*

*lets breath out*

Well, that just wouldn't be fun if I spoiled it, would it? :p ;) There's some things about Jyn that the audiences doesn't know yet, but Keri will probably blab about them at some point. She likes ranting about Jyn. :p

Thumper09:

Hmm, no large animals (that she's aware of) could be a good thing, or it could be an indication of a bad thing...

I know. :p Plus, Kerigan's really out of her element here. She doesn't know too much about surviving on her own.

hee hee... Literal droids are so much fun.

I couldn't resist. :p

It was fun seeing Aree's side of the conversation like that, and it was also interesting to learn more about Kerigan's background. The Rebellion must have been something of a culture shock to her at first if she grew up in a rich family.

Glad you liked Aree's side of the conversation. :) I'm having fun trying new ways of translating his bloops and beeps into understandable language. :p It's a little difficult in diary format. 8-}

There's a lot of things that you don't know about Keri yet. A hint though: the Rebellion wasn't quite as much of a culture shock as you'd think it would be for her. She's been around the block a few times before she joined the Rebellion. :)

I love the unique "voice" you've given her, with how she phrases certain things and uses words like "thingummy" and "all things mystical-energy related".

Thanks! :D I don't want this diary to turn into a first-person like story, since Kerigan's not a writer, so I'm striving to find a consistent "voice" for her. I guess she writes the way she speaks, which makes sense. :p I don't really know how to describe it, lol. I just went with what seemed right for her, I guess. 8-}

And now... what I'd like to call "The Ugh! Post"

:p

[hr]

[b][i]Day Nine[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #41
    Entries Left: 59
    [i]Time: 1857[/i][/b]

Today has been the worst day of my life. I think. Maybe not. I?ve had a lot of bad days, like the time when Daddy dearest kicked me out of the house. Or when Mom died. Or when I was shot down.

Kriffing Imperials. If it wasn?t for them, I wouldn?t have ended my career so quickly. I was only just getting started. I remember General Rieekan telling me that I had ?potential.? Janson then told me immediately afterwards, ?Yeah, potential to fail.? I think he was joking ? Janson?s [i]always[/i] joking ? but that comment really got me fired up. I [i]almost[/i] slapped him, if Wedge hadn?t gotten in the way. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I got told off several times after that ? first by Wedge, and then by Tycho Clechu and pretty much the rest of Rogue Squadron. Ugh! That was really embarrassing. They all treat me like some kid, but I?m really not all that much younger than them. I?m just a rookie ? but I still have just as much to fight for as they do. More than some, maybe.

Tropical environments do not agree with me. I?d rather be on Hoth right now. Believe me, I?d take the cold over the heat anyday of my life. This is just too much to bear. I feel like I?m trying to breathe water. It?s muggy and sticky and buggy.

Today the jungle thinned out to a rainforest. Oooh, so much better. Not. It may be dryer, but every pool of water I?ve come across so far has been filled with algae. The algae is disgusting. It?s mult

5. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well, she's survived almost two weeks, but she's starting to run low on supplies. Hopefully Aree's scanners will be able to let her know if food/water is healthy or not.

I really like the way you've been developing her character through all of this.

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ultima_1

Well, she's survived almost two weeks, but she's starting to run low on supplies. Hopefully Aree's scanners will be able to let her know if food/water is healthy or not.

As long as he doesn't lie to her as a joke, she should be fine. :p

I really like the way you've been developing her character through all of this.

Thank you! :D [:D]

[b][i]Day Thirteen[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #53
    Entries Left: 47
    [i]Time: 1444
    Time Edited: 1705[/i][/b]

If humans could fly, I?d be soaring into the sky for joy right now.

If humans could fly? I would have found this place so much faster!

Today, I feel LUCKY! Ugh, I thought I?d [i]never[/i] be saying that, but it?s true! It?s a miracle. It?s a marvel. It?s a? something else that starts with ?M? and is synonymous with miracle and marvel!

I?M FREE OF THE JUNGLE! WOOOHOOO!

The triple ?O?s are just necessary. I?m overjoyed. Exhilarated. Ridiculously happy. No more trees. No more bugs. No more mud.

Okay, truth be told, there?s still trees. I can still see them ? that ever annoying rainforest that goes on forever and ever and ever. But that doesn?t matter now. I?m out of it.

I?m standing on a BEACH! A BEACH, of all things! I don?t think I?ve ever been happier to see a beach in my life (especially after what happened at the [i]last[/i] beach I was on)! It?s like? I don?t know what! I?ve hated sand, but now I love it! I used to hate wind, but now I love it! It keeps away the bugs! And it?s finally light out! No trees in the way. I can see the SUN!

I?m so happy I [i]could[/i] fly!

If I had my X-Wing? or spontaneously grew wings?

WHEEEEEEEE!!!

[b]Entry #54
    Entries Left: 46
    [i]Time: 1250[/i][/b]

YOU DO REALIZE THAT THE WATER IS SALT? YOU CANNOT DRINK SALT WATER. YOU SHOULD NOT BE PURSUING THE ACTIVITY CALLED SWIMMING RIGHT NOW. YOU ARE EXHAUSTED FROM HIKING. YOU NEED TO FIND FRESH

[b]Entry #55
    Entries Left: 45
    [i]Time: 1330[/i][/b]

Stupid droid. I?m going to have to find places to hide my datapad.

AREE, FOR THE FINAL TIME, YOU ARE [i]NOT[/i] MY MOTHER!!!

HA! Take [i]that[/i] next time you log on!

Hmph. Maybe I should splash more water on him. He didn?t like that, but I SAW him plugging into my datapad. I don?t need anymore of his comments on here, thank you very much.

[b]Entry #56
    Entries Left: 43
    [i]Time: 1350[/i][/b]

You have no idea how refreshing swimming in the water is. That ocean goes on FOREVER! It?s? I don?t know what! Wonderful. The water is so fresh, and who cares if it?s salty or not? I love swimming. I love this beach. It?s such a nice change from tropical, bug-invested wetland.

Swimming?s [i]almost[/i] as good as a shower. At least I?m no longer dirt covered. And Aree can finally stop complaining about mud being stuck under his dome. I washed him as well, after I finished swimming and changed into the one pair of clean clothes that I have in my makeshift pack. I wish I had more.

I guess shopping sprees are a little difficult on an isolated planet. [i]Fuuun.[/i] Not!

I?ll try washing my clothes sometime tomorrow. For now, I?m curling up in the sun and taking a nap. I?ve got my boots off. It?s so nice to be able to wiggle your toes in the sand after having them cramped in tight boots for TWELVE DAYS!

Paradise!

Who cares if I?m short on water, I?m clean!

I?ll look for water later. I just [i]have[/i] to take a nap.

[b]Entry #57
    Entries Left: 42
    [i]Time: 1701[/i][/b]

Kriff Daddy for giving me pale skin.

I?m SUNBURNT!

Where?s sun lotion when you need it?

Gah!

Stupid sun! And now I have a headache too. Aree?s laughing at me. I can hear him. I told him to go roll himself into the ocean and wash his circuits out. Stars know he needs it, I don?t think I?ll be able to take ONE MORE kriffing ?bleep? or ?bloop? from him!

[b]Edit:[/b] Remind me to add ?bloop? to the Galactic Basic Dictionary when I get off this place. Let?s see how Aree takes [i]that![/i]

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    So much to catch up on.
    Love the story. Keri might not having fun, but I am.:D

And she's finally out of the jungle. *yay* too bad about the sunburn, maybe she should have tried to sleep in the shade? And I still worry about her water supply. Why is the droid not scanning the area? He might not be very good at it, but probably better than Keri.

8. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Ouch, sunburn ain't fun. :oops:

Great updates! And I see she's past the halfway point for Entry #100. ;) I like seeing Aree's hacked entries into her datapad, especially when Kerigan finds them the next morning. (Falling out of a tree has got to hurt too.)

It's amazing what getting rid of layers of sweat and grime can do for a person's mood, isn't it? :) I'm glad Kerigan feels so much better (except for the sunburn, I guess :p) and that she was able to find the beach after being stuck in the jungle for so long.

Keep up the great work! :D

-Thumper

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ouch!! Having pale skin myself, I can totally empathize with Keri. I also get get desire to be clean :p

Awesome updates!! Glad Keri's survived this long :)

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    MsLanna: Thanks! Aree's probably scanned the area, and Keri forgot to mention OR she didn't know that he did. If he found something worthwhile, Aree would probably tell her. He might not be overly fond of her, but he doesn't want her to die. If he does come across something, he'll let her know. ;)

Thumper09: Nope, sunburn ain't fun. Keri needs to watch that she sleeps in the shade. :p

Great updates! And I see she's past the halfway point for Entry #100.

Oh, yes. The dreaded Entry 100. :p

Glad that you're enjoying the developments! I'm kind of amazed that Keri's survived this long (13 days if an awful long time), but then, if she didn't, I wouldn't have a story to write. :p

Nat: [face_laugh] LOL! Thanks for reading! [:D]

I felt the need to update. It's shorter than planned.

[hr]

[b][i]Day Fourteen[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #58
    Entries Left: 42
    [i]Time: 1100[/i][/b]

I slept really late. I only just woke up ? because some [i]droid[/i] was squealing at me. I guess I better go see what he wants.

[b]Entry #59
    Entries Left: 41
    [i]Time: 1105[/i][/b]

I DO NOT SQUEAL. SQUEALING IS A SOUND DROIDS ARE INCAPABLE OF IMITATING. ONLY SENTIENT BEINGS ARE CAPABLE OF SQUEALING.

[b]Entry #60
    Entries Left: 40
    [i]Time: 1108[/i][/b]

I think Aree does this just to annoy me. Stars, if Aree was a sentient being, I?d [i]hate[/i] to be around him even more than I already do. He?d be as bad a Jyn.

Like Jyn wasn?t bad enough.

[b]Entry #61
    Entries Left: 39
    [i]Time: 1110[/i][/b]

I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHO THIS ?JYN? PERSON IS.

I SEE YOU WILL NOT TELL ME.

OR PERHAPS YOU WILL, JUDGING FROM YOUR EXPRESSION.

DO [u]NOT[/u] THROW SAND AT ME, YOUNG MISS! IT IS DISRESPECTFUL TO A REPUTATBLE ASTOMRECH SUCH AS MYSELF.

OH. I SEE YOUR PROBLEM. HOWEVER, I CANNOT SYMPATHIZE. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE HUMAN MIND. WHAT EVER POSSESSED YOU TO DO THAT?

WAS IT REBELLION AGAINST YOUR FATHER?
    212039487ljgh*81fadk.fgjn8D7FGHEilugrs!!!?!/

[b]Entry #62
    Entries Left: 38
    [i]Time: 1118[/i][/b]

I SWEAR I will KILL that droid!

Or, just throw more sand at him. He?s not happy. He?s squealing again.

I suppose it?s not really helping the situation, since this is the only way to properly decipher Aree?s bloops and beeps, but really? I don?t need harassment from him as well as everyone else I?ve ever met! Save your thoughts on Jyn and me. I was happy. Got it? HAPPY!

Like [i]that[/i] will ever happen again.

I?m not so happy anymore.

I?m trapped on a planet, sitting in the sand, watching the waves beat down on a foreign shore. The sky is very blue, the sun is bright and I have no idea where the hell I am. It doesn?t get much better than this.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I have no idea what the point of that was. Typing random junk.

And I have 38 entries left to live! Woohoo! (<----- example of a sarcastic ?woohoo?)

I wish I could go flying. I [i]want[/i] to go flying. Flying was another place I was happy.

IS, IS, IS! AM, AM, AM! AM happy!

Grammar correction!

Stars, what?s gotten into me?

Oh? stang, Aree?s bleeping at me again.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[b]Entry #63
    Entries Left: 37
    [i]Time: 1400[/i][/b]

Aree?s finally utilized his scanners and found fresh water for me. It?s a river that flows right out into the ocean. It was about a two hours walk from where I was. At least it?s fresh water that I can drink! I?ve refilled the canisters. That?s refreshing.

Now, if only I can find a way to [i]eat[/i]? My rations are getting [i]really[/i] thin right about now.

[b]Entry #64
    Entries Left: 36
    [i]Time: 1555[/i][/b]

I?m bored. I?m sitting at the edge of the river. It flows right out of the rainforest/jungle/what-do-you-call-it.

11. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Yeah, I get sunburned really easily too, so I know how it feels.

Things are starting to look up with the fresh water. Now she just needs to find food and a way off that rock.

I agree with Aree, it'd be nice to know more about Jyn.

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [ii] DO NOT THROW SAND AT ME, YOUNG MISS! IT IS DISRESPECTFUL TO A REPUTATBLE ASTOMRECH SUCH AS MYSELF. [/i]

[face_laugh] Aree's just an old geezer :p Glad he was able to help her find water :)

And I'm getting very curious about Jyn.

Fun post! [:D]

13. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Uh oh, Aree just proved his usefulness by finding the fresh water for Kerigan. She can't turn him off now. :p

Cool update! I'm glad Keri has the fresh water. Looks like food is the next hurdle, and I imagine her solutions to that will depend at least partly on what she can force herself to eat. ;)

Psychologist Aree was fun to read about too. ;)

Poor Keri. It's hard to convince yourself you're happy when you don't feel that way.

Great job! :)

-Thumper

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    WAS IT REBELLION AGAINST YOUR FATHER?

[face_laugh]
    If Aree is trying his hand at psychology, he should try something less obvious.
    Love the banter between those, two, so Keri better not shut him down.

Uh-oh. She starts talking of herself in the past tense. That is not good.[face_worried]

Maybe she can roll Aree into the river and he can zap some fish?:p

15. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. could you please add me to your pm list.

16. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    Poor Keri. I hope she finds food soon!

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ultima_1: I get sunburnt very easily, so I'm completely sympathizing with Keri here, poor girl.

She has a rant about Jyn coming up pretty soon, you'll find out more about him as time progresses on! :D

Just watch out for Entry 100. ;)

Nat: Aree IS an old geezer! [face_laugh] Seriously...

I know you're curious about Jyn. :D He's a rather mysterious kind of guy... not really.

Thumper09: As much as she will threaten him and yell at him and kick sand at him, Keri's not going to turn him off. Aree is helping her keep at least some of her cool, just because he's someone to talk to. :) Kind of hard being stuck in isolation without anyone to talk to.

Keri's going to be eating some pretty wild stuff! Let's just cross our fingers and hope that what she finds is edible for humans. :p

MsLanna: Psychologist Aree! Whee! :D

What Aree was saying was really half a conversation. If you knew what Keri was saying... :p

Maybe she can roll Aree into the river and he can zap some fish?

Now there's an idea! [face_laugh]

Tatooine_Ghost: Hey, thanks! I'll add you to the list. :)

Quijonjecca: Poor, poor Keri. I think she's going to be stuck there for a while. [face_plain]

It's been a while since school got really busy and stuff, but I finally have a new update! :D

[b][i]Day Fifteen, Morning[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #65
    Entries Left: 35
    [i]Time: 0633[/i][/b]

I?m hungry.

I hate waking up hungry. My stomach?s growling? again. Rations are still thin. That?s not a surprise. I keep trying not to think about food, but whenever I tell myself [i]not[/i] to think about food, I start thinking about food. All those lovely soups and salads and stuff that they used to have at business dinners when my dad took me to Coruscant? and then all that strange stuff that Jyn used to try to make me eat. There was this weird purple stuff, I can?t remember what it was called? I hated it at the time, I only ate it because he was intent on force-feeding me at the time, stupid guy. I?d love to see that stuff right now.

Now? what was it called?

[b]Entry #66
    Entries Left: 34
    [i]Time: 0638[/i][/b]

IT SHOULD NOT CONCERN YOU WHAT THE FOODSTUFF IS CALLED. YOU HAVE OTHER PRIORITIES TO ATTEND TO. YOU HAVE WATER. YOUR FOOD RATIONS ARE LOW. GO FIND BIRDS? EGGS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR.

[b]Entry #67
    Entries Left: 33
    [i]Time: 0639[/i][/b]

Well, excuse me, mister, but where am I supposed to find [i]birds? eggs[/i] when I haven?t seen any birds?

[b]Entry #68
    Entries Left: 32
    [i]Time: 0640[/i][/b]

CLIMB A TREE. YOU HAVE TAKEN SURVIVAL TRAINING, CORRECT?

[b]Entry #69
    Entries Left: 31
    [i]Time: 0641[/i][/b]

Hey, don?t get clever with me, I can take care of myself without your help

[b]Entry #70
    Entries Left: 30
    [i]Time: 0641[/i][/b]

OF COURSE. YOUR STOMACH GROWLED AGAIN. MY SENSORS ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU ARE HUNGRY, BORDERING ON RAVENOUS.

[b]Entry #71
    Entries Left: 29
    [i]Time: 0642[/i][/b]

[i]Excuse me?![/i]

[b]Entry #72
    Entries Left: 28
    [i]Time: 0643[/i][/b]

THIS CONVERSATION IS FUTILE. WERE YOU NOT CONCERNED ABOUT HOW MANY ENTRIES YOU WERE USING? STOP ARGUING AND GO SEARCH FOR FOOD. I WILL AID YOU IN YOUR SEARCH.

[b]Entry #73
    Entries Left: 27
    [i]Time: 0644[/i][/b]

Hang on a minute, little droid, [i]I?m[/i] the one in command here. You take orders from me, not the other way around!

How many entries are left?

[b]Entry #74
    Entries Left: 26
    [i]Time: 0645[/i][/b]

PERHAPS YOU HAVE GONE BLIND. THIS DEVICE STATES THAT THERE ARE A TOTAL OF TWENTY-SIX ENTRIES LEFT BEFORE YOU REACH ONE HUNDRED ENTRIES. I DO BELIEVE THAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD DIE IF YOU REACHED ONE HUNDRED ENTRIES.

[b]Entry #75
    Entries Left: 25
    [i]Time: 0646[/i][/b]

Bucket of laughs you are ? I have NOT gone blind! I can see that there are twenty-six frakkin? entries left!

[b]Entry #76
    Entries Left: 24
    [i]Time: 0646[/i][/b]

TO BE CORRECT, IT IS NOW TWENTY-FIVE.

CORRECTION: TWENTY-SIX. I AM USING THE TWENTY-SIXTH ENTRY TO GIVE YOU THIS MESSAGE.

[b]Entry #77
    Entries Left: 23
    [i]Time: 0647[/i][/b]

You don?t have to be insulting!

[b]Entry #78
    Entries Left

18. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    LOL! Oh my, that was so funny! Poor Keri-- but I love Aree! Of course, I've already said that, but still...

And the bird sounds like something out of Dr. Seuss. I'd love to see a picture. Something tells me that 'mama bird' isn't too happy with Keri.

Run Keri! Run!!!

Great update!

19. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Uh, yeah. I think it's staring at you because you just ate its children. :p

Nice update. They need to find a way to bicker without using entries.

20. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Glad to see this back again! :)

Oh, yeah, that bird is definitely not happy after the Egg-Eating Incident. I'd be creeped out too if I had a wacko flamingo on steroids staring at me for twenty minutes. :p

I always get a kick out of Keri and Aree arguing. I think they know each other too well.

You little astromechy liar.

This line is awesome, hee hee. Let me know if it's okay if I steal it sometime, please. :D

Great update!

-Thumper

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    And I had feard this was dead for good.
    But it's back![face_dancing]

So, Aree really believes she's got to die when she reaches 100 entries? That will be quite hilarious when it happens.[face_laugh]

There were eggs in it. Two REALLY big birds? eggs. Bright orange with fuchsia strips. Really ugly. I think they should be shipped to Coruscant to take fashion lessons. ?What Not To Wear.? Right.

[face_laugh]
    As long as they are tasty...

Edit: The wind just blew sand into my freshly cooked eggs! YEUCH!

Now that's plain nasty. Sandy food is one of the worst things.
    But obviously not enough punishment. mama-bird is waiting for the right moment to pounce her.
    Or does she believe Keri is the baby-bird? Stupid pheromoes and stuff?[face_laugh]

22. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Oh my gosh, Idri, this is hilarious! Might I have PM's when you update? Thanks!!

- Serena

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Quigonjecca: LOL, the bird does sound kind of Dr. Seuss, doesn?t it? Keri has her own name for it, though? anyways, Mama Bird really isn?t thrilled with her. Thanks for reading!

Ultima_1: Yep, Mama Bird ain?t happy. Evil Keri! :p

If Aree didn?t use entries, then he wouldn?t be able to communicate in such a way Keri could read what he was saying. Of course, she doesn?t need to write back, she could just speak, but then where?s the fun in that? :p

Thumper09: Whacko flamigo on steroids? [face_laugh] LOL! Yeah, Mama Bird isn?t thrilled. :p

Aree knows Keri better than she thinks. ;)

You can steal that line as often as you want! :D Glad you liked it!

MsLanna: Aree probably doesn?t believe it, but he wouldn?t put it past her. He doesn?t, as he claims, understand humans very well. :p Keri bird-sit? LOL! Now there?s an idea! 8-}

Maybe if she doesn?t eat the children next time. [face_mischief]

Serena: Glad you like it! I?ll add you to the list.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

A small update this time. I have one more exam to study for, but I think I?m ready for it. So I wrote in my relax time. :D

[hr]

[b][i]Day Fifteen, Afternoon[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #85
    Entries Left: 15
    [i]Time: 1918[/i][/b]

oKAY, SO TODAY WAS NOT FUN at all. Whoops, caps lock on. And the delete button isn?t working for some reason. I think it?s because I accidentally dropped the frakkin? datapad on the ground when I was up that tree. This poor thing is getting so beat up. I hope it holds together. I don?t know what I?d do without it.

Quick, someone get me a psychiatrist! When your datapad becomes dearer to you than people, [i]that[/i] is 1) creepy and 2) it means you?re bizarre.

Even if you?re nowhere near anyone. Yeuch.

There was a time when I was about five or six or something when I told Daddy dearest that I really wanted a Manollium bird, or a whisper bird. I loved birds. I really did ? and because they could fly, I wanted to fly, too. That?s why I wanted to be able to pilot an X-Wing ? so I could fly up and beyond where the birds are. After all, humans can?t fly without support, unless you?re a Jedi or something. And all they do is use the Force to throw themselves at the ground and miss.

When you put it like that, it makes them sound kind of stupid. But then, no one really knows much about the Jedi. There really aren?t any Jedi anymore. I mean, the closest person I can think of to a Jedi is Luke Skywalker?

I wonder if he can throw himself at the ground and miss.

ANYWAYS, I?m getting distracted here. I?m writing while trying to eat dead bird that Aree helped me cook and I burned my fingers on and then he yelled at me, except I could tell what he was saying because he wasn?t plugged into the datapad.

So, back this morning, there was this bird staring me. This big, freakin? CREEPY bird. I mean, really creepy. Big and pink. So, it?s sitting there in the tree, staring at me, and I?m sitting on the ground, covered in mud and leaves and it?s raining, so I?m wet and then the bird goes SQUAWK.

Now, I wasn?t sure if that was aimed at [i]me[/i] or not, but it was pretty loud and didn?t sound all too nice. So I sat there and stared at it.

And then it went SQUAWK again.

And I went STARE.

Stars, that sounds stupid. Now that I?m living totally alone, am I degrading back into a child? Heh, I know what Jyn would say: ?You?re [i]always[/i] going to be a kid, kid.?

Thanks, Jyn. Really, thanks. He told me that right after Dad got mad at me for something stupid. Can?t remember what now. But that was before he knew that I was dating Jyn and whenever I told Jyn something or complained about Daddy dearest treating me like a six year old, he?d say that I [i]do[/i] act like a kid and that was why he liked me.

To be brutally honest, I kind of miss Jyn right now. Despite everything, he always knew what to say.

Stars, it?s really hard to eat and type at the same time. Especially with burnt fingers. And my food is really gross, too.

[b]Entry #86
    Entries Left: 14
    [i]Time: 2003[/i][/b]

So, the bird was starin

24. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    "There is an art...or rather, a knack to flying." hee hee! ;)

And then it went SQUAWK again.
    And I went STARE.

For some reason this really cracked me up. :p LOL

Nice little background tidbit on Keri and Jyn. Especially since she had so many problems with her dad, I can see why Keri would like being with someone who always knew the right thing to say. I bet it was refreshing for her.

Aww, poor Pink Fury. :( Keri had better hope that Daddy Bird didn't see any of that.

Great update, and good luck with your exam! :)

-Thumper

25. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    oKAY, SO TODAY WAS NOT FUN at all. Whoops, caps lock on.

[face_laugh]

Thanks for cheering me up with this new post, Idri. You rock! [:D]

- Serena

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.