main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jaina/Jag Index- Updated July 16th!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Shinar- I'm not quite sure. I've had several people PM the index asking if they can review (the number is about two, I think. I'll have to check). But we can iron out all the details now since everybody seems to be on hiatus.

Just a quick note.: any authors whose stories are "Work-in-Progress", please PM the Jaina_Jag_Index and let us know when they are completed so that we can update the index.

I guess that's it for now, and I'll talk to you guys later! :)

~LtJS

2. Jaina_Jag_Index

Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2003
    We have surprising and wonderful news. ;) There will be an update for this month! :D Much thanks to the authors who PMmed us *huggles*

No, it's not a very long update, but we have made progress. Look for it sometime this week (probably this weekend).

Thanks!

~Lt_Jaina_Solo of the Jaina/Jag Index

3. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Wow cool! I don't suppose TheBiggerFish was one? Can't remember last time I saw her around and she's got those two viggies besides Sisters of the Flame.

4. Princss_of_The_Jedi

Princss_of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    Has the author of spike squadron, just stoped writing it, and if so, is it possible for someone else to continue it.

5. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Considering the story hasn't been posted on in over a year and that XaveriiJade hasn't posted anything in months I'd say it's not going to get finished. It does look like she's logged on recently so she's still alive. You HAVE to ask permission before using somebody else's work, otherwise it's plagerism and that's a bannable offense.

I'd work on that grammar and get to know the forums a bit better before diving into a project like that anyway.

6. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    No, this is not the update. Sorry, I know you guys were all excited. It's actually just me getting around to doing some things I should have done before.

NYCitygurl is one of our newest reviewers. We're trying to get that part of the index up and running, so if you have any suggestions on how to do that, feel free to post them or PM them to us.

Also, if you're looking for a story, just go ahead and post whatever you remember that you think will help here, and we'll do our best to help you find it.

Princss_of_The_Jedi- Has the author of spike squadron, just stoped writing it, and if so, is it possible for someone else to continue it.
    Plenty of times authors stop writing stories for various reasons of their own. If you want to continue the story, check with the author if that would be alright, and make sure the readers understand that you're continuing it with their permission. But as Shinar said, you'd probably want to get to know the forums a bit better and be more familiar with them before you do anything like that.

The actual update you all are looking forward to will be here soon. Two days until Friday! :D

~LtJS of the Jaina/Jag Index

7. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
  8. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Here is the update! Just a quick note, if you start something new, don't wait for us to find out that you did and PM you. If you do that, you'll probably NEVER end up in the index. Just wanted to make sure you understood that.

UPDATE

Jags_Scoundrel:
    The Lady Wore Black
    Tagline: What might have happened if Ta'a Chume hadn't interrupted Jag and Jaina? (Maybe not what you'd think.)
    Time period: NJO, Dark Journey AU
    Important Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Notes: song fic

NYCitygurl:
    Just Yesterday
    Tagline: Three months after Trickster Twins, Jacen remembers that Vergere has told him to go to Corellia, so with the help of his sister and their friends, he puts a strike team together and sneaks into the Corellian system. Little do the Solos know that a familiar evil is waiting for them, an evil that could disrupt the balance of galactic power. There is also unspeakable joy for Tahiri, if she can get to it fast enough, and a surprise that will test and strengthen Jaina's relationship with Jag.
    Important Characters: Jaina, Jacen, Jag, Tahiri, Tenel Ka, Valin Horn, Zekk, Lowbacca, the Wraiths
    Time period: post-Rebel Stand
    Any other notes you feel important: Sequel to Trickster Twins; Complete

Family Ties
    Tagline: It was supposed to be a diplomatic mission. Jacen didn't expect to find out that his grandmother was still alive-and that he had another uncle, and cousins. But when he and Jag decide to bring them back to Mon Calamari, life becomes a lot more difficult. Suddenly, Wedge is trying to deal with an imperious know-it-all king, Jacen is trying to break the ice around the crown prince, and Jaina is cleaning up after Princess Celeste-training her fighter squadron, doing her reports, and trying to keep her away from Jag, all on top of being a mother. Meanwhile, the Yuuzhan Vong are regrouping after the death of their Warmaster, and the final push is coming. Can the galaxy survive?
    Important Characters: Skywalker/Solo family, Antilles/Fel family, YJK/JJK Jedi, OCs
    Time period: post-Rebel Stand
    Any other notes you feel important: Sequel to Trickster Twins and Just Yesterday; WIP

Secrets of the Past
    Tagline: When Jaina Solo was ten years old, she snuck on her uncle's ship and went to Niruan, where she met Jag Fel-and the clone of Thrawn. Seven years later, the Yuuzhan Vong have invaded the galaxy, and Jaina joins Rogue Squadron. She and Jag meet up and decide that the Vong are deadly-too deadly not to use every weapon they've got, so Jag brings Thrawn to Coruscant. While trying to figure out how to use him, they fall in love. Jealous of Jag, Zekk will use any means to get Jaina to leave the young pilot and come back to him-even if it means killing Jag. As the galaxy falls into turmoil and the Solo family is torn apart, Jacen clings to Jaina's wingmate, Anni Capstan, and tries to help his brother Anakin-who is being driven insane by visions of Jaina leading the galaxy into darkness.
    Important Characters: Solo family, J

9. Kexiel

Kexiel Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2004
    Hey there--I'm new here (...yeah...) and I just wanted to say this is the best index EVAH. Read: I'm spending sooo much time going through all of these. They're addictive, they really, really are. Hopefully I'll delurk soon and actually start reviewing...but in the meantime...UP you go! [face_dancing]

10. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    June 6, 2004

We have two new stories to add to the index this month, both by new authors (at least to our index).

DCWiz00
    Sword and Flame
    Tagline: Two years after the end of the Yuuzhun Vong War, Jaina and Jag reunite just as a mysterious enemy threatens the Galactic Alliance.
    Time Period: post-Unifying Force
    Important Characters: Jaina, Jag, Jacen, Rogue Squadron, Luke, Mara, Han, Leia, OCs, and more
    Notes: WIP

Niff-tik-Ocsif
    Lost Pride
    Tagline: Jaina gets a few surprises from the visitors to the station. Starting with what trust is and ending with sorrow.
    Time Period: Post-NJO
    Important Characters: Jaina/Jag and Fit/Lums
    Notes: Work-in-progress

Look for an update next month! And keep on writing! :D

~LtJS of the Jaina/Jag Index

11. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    I'll volunteer to be a reviewer. Just let me know what you want me to do. :D

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I was thinking...

Don't you think it'd be a good idea to have a challenge every month or so? I think it would really stimulate some writers and would get more J/J stories out there. Plus it'd be a lot of fun! ;) hehe. I know we're trying to get the reviewers thing up and running but I thought I'd just say this. (I've really been in the mood for some new J/J stuff and there hasn't been much. :( ) Tell me what you think.

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    DCWiz00 (and anyone else thinking of being a reviewer)- Being a reviewer is actually quite simple. During some free time, look through the index and choose a story- it can be a vignette, a songfic, a novel, ANYTHING-, read it, then write a review of it. Reviews will be done in the following format:
    Title (with link)
    Author
    Summary (short and non-spoilerish, please)
    Your Review (can be a little longer, but again, no spoilers; remember to include what you liked most, and mention strong points)
    The Reviewer (with link to the profile)

Jaina_and_Jag- Interestingly enough, I was thinking about that just a little while ago- you know what they say about great minds ;) . The challenge is a good idea, but it would be very time consuming. I'll talk it over with my co-managers, and see what they think, and we'll figure out some guidelines for the challenge. Look for something within the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the idea!

~LtJS @};-

14. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Interestingly enough, I was thinking about that just a little while ago- you know what they say about great minds :p .
    o_O hehe.

The challenge is a good idea, but it would be very time consuming.
    I know. I was thinking that it might be really hard to get organized and get going but I think in the end it would be a benefit.

I'll talk it over with my co-managers, and see what they think, and we'll figure out some guidelines for the challenge.
    Cool! :D

Look for something within the next couple of weeks.
    Sweet! [face_dancing]

Thanks for the idea!
    No problem. :D

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  16. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey Guys just wanted to let u all know that the index has been updated.... July 19th and July 21st..

if there is something wrong with it please please please PM Jagsgurl15 i am updating teh index and having to learn how to really use mark up codes so there is good chances that i made some mistakes!

thankies again!

JG15

17. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    And reviews have started coming in! :) Updated August 15th with a new one!

Reviews:

Title:Many Faces of the Force
    Author Jaina_Solo_15
    Summary Jaina and Kyp find Callista on a planet being attacked by the Vong. She claims that she can feel the Vong in the Force, but is she telling the truth?
    Your Review Jaina and Kyp find Callista on a planet being attacked by the Vong. She claims that she can feel the Vong on the Force so they take her back to Mon Calamari. Luke sends Callista and Jaina to the Jedi Shelter in the Maw so that she can teach, but it puts a strain on Mara and Jaina. With them goes Twin Suns squadron, including Jag. As the story unfolds, the war puts a strain on Jaina and Jag's relationship as they try to rescue Jacen from the Vong. I really liked the way the relationships between characters were dealt with, and the way Callista seems to twist bonds between characters. I also liked the way Cem, Jag's little sister, was portrayed, and the twists that her characer brought.
    The Reviewer NYCitygurl

Title:Sword of the Jedi
    Author:Jaina_Solo_15
    Summary: Jaina's life after Destiny's Way, and how she deals with being the Sword of the Jedi, a Yuuzhan Vong goddess, and her relationship with Jag Fel.
    Your Review: Sword of the Jedi starts with one of Jaina's many missions, and while waiting for an attack she remembers her relationship with Jag Fel, and a simple mistake they made that might cost them their relationship. This mistake was very cleverly done, and somewhat funny. The story jumps forward several years, and as the war continues, Jaina finds solace in someone she loves while Leia reveals a very unexpected surprise.
    The Reviewer:NYCitygurl

Under My Skin
    Author: DarthIshtar
    Summary: When Jag breaks Jaina out of prison, they have to survive hellish conditions and deal with their relationship.
    Your Review: Jaina's trapped on in enemy territory, so General Darklighter sends Jag to get her out. They end up trapped without a ship, and have to get through a blizzard to get to a friendly outpost. Along the way, they have to deal with the troubles caused by Jaina's injuries and their relationship with each other. I enjoyed the story very much--the basic plot isn't one that's been overused, and the relationship twist is one that hasn't been dealt with much. DarthIshtar did a good job protraying Jaina's and Jag's history and Jaina's feelings about him. Though a short story, it is a very enjoyable read.
    The Reviewer: NYCitygurl

~Jaina/Jag Index

18. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I know I would really be interested in the challenges if ya'll started some and I wouldn't mind helping out with them.

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Jaina_Solo_15- Do you have any ideas on what type of challenge you would enjoy? We are trying to orgnanize something along those lines, but between busy schedules, etc., we're having some difficulties.

We would definately appreciate your help.

~LtJS @};-

20. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    *heart returns to normal tempo after the "lock scare"* ;)

21. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    I'd like to see something different. Not just the usual mush. *winces* I know that's practically sacrilege, but I've been talking to a Jaina/Kyp fan lately and defending Jaina/Jag and I would enjoy more fics that kinda showed the depth of their relationship.

Not sure that, that really helps challenge wise, but....there's my $.02 on the matter.

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm in the middle of one called Under My Skin, where they can't stand each other and are stranded in a frozen wilderness. It's semi-mushy, but explores the why and wherefore of whether or not they get together.

23. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    And that fic was half in my mind as I was typing that. I have been reading *winces* I've just been doing way too much lurking lately. Bad me! :(

24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    What, you were thinking about it because it doesn't have depth? ::Bawls.::

25. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    stupid inability to type what I'm thinking. No, what I meant was it had depth. I was thinking about it as an example of what kinda of story that I'd like to see more of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.