main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jaina/Jag Index- Updated July 16th!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    The November [face_monkey] Update

[CHALLENGE NEWS]

The Halloween Challenge had an unfortunate quantity of turnout, but the quality was excellent.

HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE THREAD

First Place: Jags_Scoundrel for The Art of execution

Second Place: Chimpo_the_Sith for This is how it ends

Third Place: MistiWhitesun for Prank Gone Wrong

[STORY NEWS]

COMPLETED:

Betrayals by Jags_Scoundrel

ADDITIONS:

Jags_Scoundrel
    Second Chance
    Tagline: Jaina and Jag haven't seen each other in six years. Not since he was assigned back to the Unknown Regions at the end of the war. Now their paths have crossed again, and they have some things to work out...
    Time period: post-NJO
    Important Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Notes: This is a series of vignettes; the first one is the winning entry from the J/J Challenge, and the others are a series of flashbacks. WIP

The Art of Execution
    Tagline: Jag and Jaina discover a deadly piece of art.
    Time period: post-NJO
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Notes: This vignette was a response to the J/J Halloween Challenge.

jedishellyskywalker
    Fluctuations of Fate II ? Changed Circumstances
    Tagline: Jag Fel has returned to Csilla, leaving Jaina to cope with a whole lot more than just his absence.
    Important Characters: Jaina, Jag, Jacen, Zekk, Han, Leia
    Time period: Post-NJO
    Notes: Sequel to Fluctuations of Fate I ? Divulging Paths. The third (and final) novella in the trilogy will commence posting shortly

Jamie_Fel
    Letters Home
    Tag Line: Jaina and Jag's 3 oldest children are on a mission away from home. What will they find?
    Characters: Jaina/Jag; Arryn, Anakin, Davin, Aiden, and Jamie Fel
    Time Period: Post-NJO

Jaina_Solo_15
    Her Answer
    Tagline: Jaina realizes that she's not satisfied with her life after the end of the war and tries to discover what's missing.
    Time period: About six months post Unifying Force
    Notes: Completed

Jaina_Solo_59
    The Solo Romances
    Important Characters: Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, Jag Fel, Tenel Ka Djo, Tahiri Veila
    Time Period: Post-Force Heretic
    Notes: WIP, AU

Maggy
    [color=

2. Jaina_Jag_Index

Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2003
    CHALLENGE NEWS!

First off, a HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone in the coming weeks. May all your wishes and hopes come true.

On to the true challenge, I swear ;)

If you haven't noticed, it's the HOLIDAYS! So your lovely Managers and I thought up a scrumptious challenge for you all. :)

Jaina is finally going to be meeting Soontir and Syal Fel (Jag's parents ;) ) on a world that is in the middle of winter (take your pick). What happens next is entirely up to you, however keep in mind that the story MUST revolve around a holiday (that is left up to you; however, there is a lovely selection of holidays that can be found here ). This story also must include the idea of gift of giving AND/OR the holiday spirit.

The challenge opens December 1, and closes on December 31.

All participants are allowed to submit more than one piece. Word limit is 3000 words.

You will be judged by the following criteria:

Grammar/spelling
    Believability
    Originality
    Characterizations
    Overall impression

Any questions feel free to post them here or PM any one of the Index Managers.

I will be posting a thread for the entries December 1. I'll see you all then! Here it is: Jaina/Jag Index Holiday Challenge Thread

Have a HAPPY HOLIDAYS! And start WRITING!

~LtJS of the Jaina/Jag Index @};-

3. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    I will do this!!!!

4. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    One Quick Thing I Forgot:

We currently have one person willing to judge for this challenge. Is there anyone else who would be willing to judge for this challenge? (That includes even people who wouldn't normally do so, such as people who read completely different sagas). Anyway, please help us get judges! :)

5. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    I will Judge My muse is like completely against anything where Jaina isn't dark.

6. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I would also be willing to judge.

7. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Thank you so much for volunteering! *hugs*

The challenge thread has been posted here.

8. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Cool there will be new stories to read :D

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Question: Does it matter how long?

10. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    The word limit is 3000 words, but you're allowed to submit as many entries as you want.

~LtJS @};-

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Oh jeez, might help if I read it the entire way through. [face_blush] hehe. Thanks. ;)

12. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Don't worry about it. When I first saw your post, I missed the thing I had posted when I checked through it, and was stressing out :p

~LtJS @};-

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    lol. You might want to put that in bold then or something so people don't miss it. :p

14. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Alright :p

~LtJS @};-

15. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    GASP! its an update! A BIG ONE!

DarthIshtar

?They Can?t Take That Away From Me?
    Tagline Jaina reflects on the things that Jag left behind when they parted ways
    Important Characters Jaina/Jag
    Time period Post-NJO

Under My Skin
    Tagline Jaina and Jag get stranded in enemy territory and have to escape, but what will happen when they're forced to face their feelings for each other?
    Important Characters: Jaina, Jag, lots of OCs.
    Time period Two years post-NJO

You Take Romance
    Tagline:Sequel to Under My Skin
    CharactersJaina, Jag
    Time Period Post NJO
    NotesThis is the 2nd part of the All That Jizz Trilogy

All Too Soon
    Tagline Sequel to Under My Skin and You Take Romance
    Important Characters Jaina, Jag, Kyp
    Time period Post-NJO
    Notes: This is the conclusion to the Love and All That Jizz Trilogy:
    Under My Skin
    You Take Romance
    All Too Soon
    Expect the unexpected, literally, and guess who's expecting!

FelsGoddess

I?m Sorry
    Tagline: Jag discovers something the sends his marriage downhill.
    Time period: post- NJO
    Important Characters: Jaina and Jag
    Notes: very angst

Lost
    Tagline: Jaina and Jag's twin children have been kidnapped by a dangerous force whose only goal is destruction.
    Time period: post- NJO

Trapped
    Tagline: Colonel Jagged Fel has lost who he loves more than anything. His future seems very bleak. Little does he know what is in store for him.
    Time period: post- Reunion
    Important Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel

Change In Fate
    Tagline: Jaina and Jag have been married for six months. Soon it will all come unraveled.
    Time period: Post-Reunion
    Important Characters: Jaina, Jag, Wedge Antilles

Coming Home
    Tagline: Jaina and Jag are detemined to stay together no matter what obstacles they have to overcome.
    Time period: Post-NJO
    Important Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel

Change in Fate 2: Silence in the Stars
    Tagline: This is the sequel to Change of Fate. Jag has been forced to raise he and Jaina's daughter by himself. A mysterious woman appears who changes all of that.
    Time period: Five years after Change in Fate
    Important Characters: Jaina Solo Fel, Jag Fel, Addy Fel, Jacen Solo, Stacia Andres
    Notes: Change of Fate should be read first.

JediJainaSoloFel

Kiss Me
    Tagline: 6 months after The Unifying Force Jag and Jaina meet again.
    Time

16. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    [JANUARY UPDATE]

Happy New Year Everybody!
    [image=http://www.scorpiosite69.freeserve.co.uk/fireworks.jpg]

Your managers have been busy. With the beginning of 2005, we got together and revamped the index to make it easier and more fun. And we now have titles!
    • TKeira_Lea is now our Head of Publicity. She will take care of organizing any challenges or contests we sponsor, and is now also in charge of story reviews and interviews.

• JAGSGURL15 is our Research and Data Manager. She will be the one reminding you to PM your information to the index, and tracking down those of you who give us half-completed data (or none at all).

• Lt_Jaina_Solo is our Update Manager. She will be the one actually posting the updates each month and making sure the index is up-to-date. (If it?s not, she?ll sic JAGSGURL15 on you

Other information included in this update:
    • Reviews

• Author Interviews

• Updated Index Formula

• The Move

• Challenge Results

• Stories

Reviews- For those of you who volunteered to do reviews back in the Dark Ages- that would be Shinar, NYCitygurl, and DCWiz00- please PM TKeira_Lea directly with your availability. Anyone interested in reviewing should also PM her.

Author Interviews- We are hoping to get an author interview out next month, but in order to do that, we need your help! PM TKeira_Lea directly with your author nominations and any questions you want asked. Requests will be taken in order, and we?ll be filling in a calendar, so send in the nominations now!

Updated Index Formula- We have updated the format of the index. Stories will now be sent in to Jaina_Jag_Index in the following format (absolutely no mark-up codes):
    Author:
    Link to Bio:
    Title:
    Link to Story:
    Timeframe:
    (NJO, pre-NJO, post-Dark Journey)
    Characters:
    Genre:
    (Romance, action, drama, etc.)
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:
    (WIP, Vignette, Completed, etc., Awards)

The Move- As I?m sure most of you have heard, the Jedi Council Forums are moving from IGN boards to another set of forums. Not all the data is known yet, but we recommend that you check out this thread for more information: JC Forums Moving. The index is saved to Lt_Jaina_Solo?s harddrive, so there is no worry of losing all the data.

Challenge Results- While the 2004 Holiday Challenge did not produce as many results as we would have liked, we did have an excellence in quality. First off, thanks go to the judges: Jaina_Solo_59, flowerbee, and obi_ew.

And congratulations =D= to Jaina_and_Jag who took first place!

And =D= to J_M_Bulldog who took second place!

All participants are reminded to send their information into Jaina_Jag_Index once they post their contributions in a separate thread.

Stories- From now on, updates will be occurring on the first Saturday of the month. That means that February?s update will be occurring February 5, 2005. Please get your stories in before then. And now for the reason you clicked here:

Holiday Challenge Thread (December)[/

17. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    [FEBURARY UPDATE]

It's a shorter update than last month's, but here are some new stories!

DantanaSkywalker
    You Love Me
    Timeframe: post-NJO
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

starlan
    Forever
    Timeframe: immediately after The Unifying Force
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Chak Fel, Jaina Solo, others from NJO
    Genre: Romance, Angst, some Action
    Keywords: Jag, Jaina
    Summary: After Jag returns to the Unknown Regions, Jaina disapears without a trace. Then, her abandoned x-wing shows up in Chiss space, near Csilla. Will Jag be able to find out what happened to her?
    Notes: Work-in-Progress

And a couple of reminders:

Reviews- For those of you who volunteered to do reviews back in the Dark Ages- that would be Shinar, NYCitygurl, and DCWiz00- please PM TKeira_Lea directly with your availability. Anyone interested in reviewing should also PM her.

Author Interviews- We are hoping to get an author interview out next month, but in order to do that, we need your help! PM TKeira_Lea directly with your author nominations and any questions you want asked. Requests will be taken in order, and we?ll be filling in a calendar, so send in the nominations now!

Next month's update will be on March 5. See you then!

~LtJS, Tri-Manager of the Jaina/Jag Index @};-

18. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Awsome thingy. I love J/J stories.

19. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Just an update and reminder. I have three reviews going in for next months update (which isn't that far away!) But no one has expressed an interest in an author interview.

Please PM me if there is a J/J author you would like to know more about and what it is you'd like to know...

Thanks all!

20. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    [MARCH UPDATE]

• Story Reviews

• Author Interviews

• Challenge News

• Contest Information

• Stories

[b][u]STORY REVIEWS[/u][/b]

[color=#ffcc33][i][b]Review #1[/b][/i][/color]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=17578113&start=17596790][color=blue]Loving Her[/color][/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=705887][color=red][b][i][u]NYCitygurl[/u][/i][/b][/color][/link]
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] post-NJO
    [b]Characters:[/b] Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo Fel, Cherith Fel
    [b]Summary:[/b] Jagged Fel?s treasuring the beautiful girl he?s holding, but it might not be who you think.
    [b]Notes:[/b] Vignette
    [b]Reviewer:[/b] [color=#009900][b]Shinar[/b][/color]
    [b]Review:[/b] Well me and my suspicious mind had a guess from the start about who Jag was holding and fortunately I wasn't disappointed

*spoilers follow*

You knew it couldn't be Jaina after this sentence: "[i]It didn?t take a lot to please her, just soft words and a little tickling and cuddling.[/i]" [face_wink] This story brought back great memories for me, my dad used to do the same thing with me. It?s wonderfully sweet without being gooey. If you need a brighter glimpse of the post-NJO future after reading too much angst then this is the perfect viggie.

[color=#ffcc33][i][b]Review #2[/b][/i][/color]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4294352&page=1][color=blue]Lifeline[/color][/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=346889][color=red][b][i][u]Eldritch009[/u][/i][/b][/color][/link]
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] NJO
    [b]Tagline:[/b] The Chiss decide to reach out a helping hand to the Jedi Order, by offering them a new world within their borders. Colonel Jagged Fel travels to Yavin 4 and brings the proposal before Luke Skywalker. There he meets Jaina again...
    [b]Reviewer:[/b] [color=#009900][b]Shinar[/b][/color]
    [b]Review:[/b] One of the J/J standby classics that has been around forever has FINALLY been finished! Heaven forbid, this story has probably set the record for longest WIP [face_wink] Personally, I found this story over at ff.net and followed it over here sometime around Jan of '02. And I'm not the only nut that has waited around to see this finished so that just goes to show how good this story really is [face_applause]

Do you want a wild and original AU storyline with steamy (but minimal and tasteful) J/J romance, classic Han lines, X-wing jocks, all three Solo kids, Chiss, Imperials and an SSD? Look no further my friends, it's all here [face_devil] Personally, my favorite part was when they evacuated the Jedi Academy (Jaina and Jag fighting off the bad guys together and running thru the jungle [face_blush] ). And all the explosions, did I mention there are lots of explosions? And cliffies, and the Fel family and oh, a teensy weensy proposal [face_love] So what are you waiting for?

[hr]

[b][u]AUTHOR INTERVIEWS:[/b][/u]

We are still in need of suggestions regarding Author Interviews. Please PM [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=TKeira_Lea][b]TKeira_Lea[/b][/link] regarding your ideas.

[hr]

[b][u]CHALLENGE NEWS:[/b][/u]

After a long hiatus, we are back with an outstanding challenge. However, before I can give you the details, we are in need of [color=red][b]JUDGES[/b][/color]. Please PM [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=TKeira_Lea][b]TKeira_Lea[/b][/link] if you wish to volunteer. [face_happy] (You will need to be willing to read possible spoilers to judge.)

But now onto the good stuff:

[b][color=#990099][u]CHALLENGE GUIDELINES[/u][/color][/b]

The challenge will be taking place from [color=#ff00ff][b]March 7 to April 15 (Midnight board time)[/b][/color]. That gives you some time, so make the most of it! In light of the imminent release of Episode 3 we decided to give our challenge a PT twist.

[b]Your story must explore this idea:[/b] Jaina has never learned about Padmé, or her storied

21. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Information Moved. See first page for details.

~LJS of the Jaina/Jag Index
    @};-

22. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Information Moved. See first page for details.

~LJS of the Jaina/Jag Index
    @};-

23. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
  24. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Hi guys!

I've got two judges so far for the challenge. =D= Thanks again to Lurker2209 and VaderLVR64 for volunteering!

Still looking for one more victim...er, volunteer. [face_mischief]

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    *Clears throat*

Two more judges now and I'm complete! =D=

Thanks to JediJainaSoloFel and SpikeLeadJF!

I had a couple more volunteers after that, so thanks for those offers too!

Now GETONWITHTHOSEENTRIES!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.