main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jaina/Jag Index- Updated July 16th!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Jag_Index

Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2003
    Well, rather late in the day, but never fear: the update is here! First off, happy April Fool's Day to everyone (belated, I know, but it's still my favorite holiday :p. And in honor of that, TKeira_Lea, JAGSGURL15, and I have decided to sponsor a contest to write a Jaina/Kyp story!

Just kidding. ;) Well, now that I have officially scared everyone senseless...I think it's time for an update! [face_alien_1]

djcati
    I Want More Honey Crust, Uncle Wes
    Timeframe: post-NJO
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivan
    Genre: Romance, Humor
    Keywords:
    Summary: Wes and Hobbie have been babysitting Jaina and Jag's kids...
    Notes: Vignette

NenYim
    Turn of Stars
    Timeframe: mid-NJO, mostly after Destiny's Way
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Kyp Durron, Tenel Ka, Jacen Solo, OCs
    Genre: Romance, Action
    Keywords: J/J, K/TK, OC/OC
    Summary: Four Jedi and two others get captured on a Yuuzhan Vong ship, and Tenel Ka discovers several very interesting things.
    Notes: WIP

NYCitygurl
    A Desperately Needed Vacation
    Timeframe:post-Battle of Ebaq
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel
    Genre: Romance
    Keywords:
    Summary: Jaina is taking a break from the war after the Battle of Ebaq

oldjedinurse
    Have You Ever?
    Timeframe: post-NJO
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Mara Skywalker, C3PO, Leia Organa Solo, Han Solo, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker, Jagged Fel, Shawnkyr Nuruodo, OC
    Genre: Songfic - Drama/Romance
    Keywords: Jaina, Mara, Leia, Han, Jacen, Luke, Jag
    Summary: Jaina is uncertain about choices she has made for her life. An admirer helps her to find hope for the future.
    Notes: Three-part short story. Completed.

And a couple quick reminders to everyone: the March/April Jaina/Jag Index Challenge is still running, up to April 15! Please post your pieces here: March/April Jaina/Jag Index Challenge. I hope to see lots of you over there! [face_dancing][face_dancing]

Reviews- For those of you who volunteered to do reviews back in the Dark Ages- that would be Shinar, NYCitygurl, and DCWiz00- please PM TKeira_Lea directly with your availability. Anyone interested in reviewing should also PM her.

Author Interviews- We are hoping to get an author interview out next month, but in order to do that, we need your help! PM TKeira_Lea directly with your author nominations and any questions you want asked. Requests will be taken in order, and we?ll be filling in a calendar, so send in the nominations now!

See you for the next update on May 7!

~Lt_Jaina_Solo, Tri-Manager of the Jaina/Jag Index @};-

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Hmmm update :)

Where are the reviews? [face_mischief]

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Unfortunately, I didn't receive any before I made the update, so they're not included. Of course, if you wanted to volunteer... :D

Cheers,
    LtJS @};-

4. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    When is the next update coming? And will there be reviews, or aren't you getting any people for that?

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Chimpo, the reviews not getting to LJS was entirely my fault. They are submitted now.

Draconarius, the reviews will be coming with the next update. We update at the beginning of every month, which isn't that far away now ;) And we are always looking for reviewers, if you're interested [face_batting]

6. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    All good, then.

As for being a reviewer...I'll have to think about that. Probably not, though.

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    No worry TKL :) But I have a problem now :( I don't know what to review next :p

8. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Are we getting an update soon?

9. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Yes there will be an update soon. LJS has some important scholastic obligations this week, but she'll post as soon as they're over.

~TKL for the Index

10. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    [MAY UPDATE, PART 1]

Yes, LJS had some important scholastic obligations this morning. :p Just be glad that it wasn't the SAT I, but one SAT Subject test, or you'd get an update that consisted of a lot of mistakes, since the job of the aforementioned tests is to get everyone drooling with stupidity (stupid four hours of my life wasted when I took the new SAT back in March :mad: ;) ). But I'm here now and the update is very long. Which is why it's taken me a bit to pull together ;).

Quick Notes:

11. NYCitygurl has stated that she will be doing reviews on request from the authors. If you wish to have a review done of her story, PM her.

12. All reviews and challenges will be posted in the index post on the first page, so that everyone has easy access.

13. A new challenge is being created as we speak. If you have any ideas that you would like to see, PM TKeira_Lea and we'll look them over.

14. And to answer any questions, updates always occur on the first Saturday of the month.

15. If you have any suggestions to make or feedback to give, feel free to PM me (Lt_Jaina_Solo), TKeira_Lea, or JAGSGURL15. We don't bite ;)

16. Stories

Draconarius
    Future Incursion
    Timeframe: 10 years post-The Unifying Force
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Tahiri Veila, Valin Horn, OCs
    Genre: Action
    Keywords: Future Incursion (if searched for that exact phrase)
    Summary: A lethal and untrackable assassin is killing off a lot of anti-Jedi senators, trying to frame the Jedi for the murders.
    Notes: WIP for now, sequel coming

FelsGoddess
    On the Way Down
    Timeframe: NJO
    Genre: Romance, Angst
    Keywords: Songfic
    Summary: Jaina's feelings at different parts of the war.
    Notes: Songfic from Ryan Cabrera's "On the Way Down."

Healing
    Timeframe: post NJO
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Lyra, Tahiri Veila, Jacen Solo, Valin Horn, Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo
    Genre: Romance, Drama
    Keywords:
    Summary: Tahiri is having problems moving on with her life until she discovers what she needed was there all along. Jaina and Jag make a discovery that could ruin the Skywalker-Solo family.
    Notes:

The Galaxy According to Jaina
    Timeframe: pre-NJO to its end
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, Jagged Fel, ect.
    Genre: Angst, Romance
    Keywords: Journal
    Summary: Jaina's thoughts during the war with the Yuuzhan Vong.
    Notes:

JediCallista_1_6_e54
    Another Hope Lost
    Timeframe: NJO AU
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Tsavong Lah, Jacen Solo, maybe others
    Genre:

17. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    [MAY UPDATE, PART 2]

LOCKED/OLD JAINA/JAG STORIES RECENTLY ADDED TO THE INDEX:
    Much thanks goes to JAGSGURL15 for going through and digging this up. Consider yourself warned however, that some of these have not been completed, and may not ever be. In addition, their data is incomplete. If you are the author of the story, or know the author, or are willing to submit a complete version of their data, please PM JAGSGURL15. And these are not in alphabetical order by author or any other possible way. Sorry. [face_blush]

Flying_Fishi
    Dark Hair, Green Eyes
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Kyp Durron
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Zara_Rose
    Anchored (A Jagged Vignette)
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:

_Tenel_Ka_
    A Comprehensive Study of Jaina Solo
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: LONG Vignette

Jaggie_Jaya
    Right Here Waiting
    Timeframe: Post Destiny?s Way
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: Songfic

You?ve Got A Way With Me
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: Mush, Songfic

Daeana
    Uncertain
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: Vignette, Mush

LoneWolf89
    Colonel Jagged Fel
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:

KareBear214
    Ready Or Not
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: Completed

Xaara
    Slumber My Da

18. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Well, the index has been successfully updated. Just so you all get an idea of how big it is, in Microsoft Word, Times New Roman, size twelve font, the index is forty-nine pages long. :)

And so that it doesn't like like I came in here just to brag about how massively enormous the index has gotten, I'll congratulate the winners of the challenge. So, um, CONGRATULATIONS! =D= =D= You guys all did awesome work.

In addition, I'm sorry about the messed up formating in the above posts. Apparently, if there are too many mark-ups, it starts going funky. That's the only thing I can think of, since I went over the coding several times to be sure, and it looks normal- until you see the actual result. Anyhoo, I'm off.

Ciao!
    LJS @};-

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congrats to the winners!!!

And to repeat the above, if you want me to review any or all of your fics, please PM me with a link to the story.

20. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Maybe it is me and I just can't find the proper place, but any chance you could post links to the Challenge threads on page one?

THANKS!!!!!!!

JaY

21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    jaynasolofel- All of the links to the challenges are at the bottom of the index post. They're included after a description of each challenge. Unfortunately, coding is a little funky, but the links should still work. Contact me if they don't, so that I'll know to fix it :D

LJS @};-

22. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Hi all!

We've got a new challenge up! It's the Kyp/Jag Buddy Challenge. :eek:

What? No Jaina?! Nope. :p

Check out the details here!

23. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    [A QUICK IMPORTANT NOTICE]

The June update will be pushed back a week, from June 4 to June 11. I will be going through finals starting on Friday and will be studying. And after finals, I will be away from my computer for two days (otherwise the update would have been on a Thursday). Unfortunately.

Thanks for your understanding and see you on the eleventh!

LJS @};-

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Good luck with the finals!!

25. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    [June Update]

• Index Updates

• Reviews

• Author Interviews

[b]Index Updates[/b]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1168494][color=red][b][i][u]BigFatty[/u][/i][/b][/color][/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20105426&start=20109641][color=blue]Overkill[/color][/link]
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] post-NJO
    [b]Characters:[/b] Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel
    [b]Genre:[/b] songfic
    [b]Keywords:[/b] Jaina, Jag, songfic
    [b]Summary:[/b] Jaina wondering what her life will end up being
    [b]Notes:[/b] WIP

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1065453][color=red][b][i][u]Enelya_Sol[/u][/i][/b][/color][/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/19923590/?5][color=blue] Ocean's Tide[/color][/link]
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] set during the end of TFP
    [b]Characters:[/b] Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel
    [b]Genre:[/b] Romance
    [b]Keywords:[/b] Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Fluff
    [b]Summary:[/b] A short J/J drabble based on the epilogue of TFP.
    [b]Notes:[/b] Complete

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=843135][color=red][b][i][u]Jaina_and_Jag[/u][/i][/b][/color][/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19690529&replies=0][color=blue]Familiar Stranger[/color][/link]
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] post-NJO
    [b]Characters:[/b] Jaina Solo, Padmé Naberrie Skywalker, Jagged Fel
    [b]Genre:[/b] Drama, Romance
    [b]Summary:[/b] The war's been over for a number of years, but Jaina and Jag's relationship is still adapting to the change.
    [b]Notes:[/b] Viggie. Response to March/April J/J index Challenge

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1168770][color=red][b][i][u]Lol64[/u][/i][/b][/color][/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18846064&replies=48][color=blue]Skeleton in the closet[/color][/link]
    [b]Time Frame:[/b] Two months after the Yuuzhan Vong war ended.
    [b]Characters:[/b] Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, Solos, Skywalkers, Fels, OC's
    [b]Genre:[/b] Adventure
    [b]Keywords:[/b] Solos/Skywalkers
    [b]Summary:[/b] Because of a crush Jagged Fel's sister Wyn uncovers a skeleton in the closet that will affect the lives of the people Jag has come to care for during his time in the Known Region. However Jag knows that this secret cannot stay hidden much longer now that the Chiss have found out about it. Jag will do everything in his power to locate the secret before anyone.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=689930][color=red][b][i][u]Lt_Jaina_Solo[/u][/i][/b][/color][/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19735191&replies=0][color=blue]The Sun Also Rises[/color][/link]
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] Several years post-[u]Dark Journey[/u]
    [b]Characters:[/b] Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Padmé Naberrie Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker
    [b]Genre:[/b] Drama, Angst, Romance, Fantasy
    [b]Keywords:[/b]
    [b]Summary:[/b] Through a unique twist of events, Colonel Jaina Solo and Colonel Jagged Fel find themselves stationed at the ruins of the palace, on the desolate planet of Naboo, after the Allies liberated it from the Yuuzhan Vong. The planet has been selected as an important stepping-off point for continuing the liberation of the systems still under Yuuzhan Vong control, but for Jaina, it proves much more.
    [b]Notes:[/b] For the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/16954123/p1]?What?s In A Name?? JC Title Challenge[/link] and the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18669387&replies=0]March/April Jaina/Jag Index Challenge[/link]. Includes my interpretation of possible events in ROTS (but was since proved wrong [face_tongue] )

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19735213&replies=0][color=blue]What the Sea Left[/color][/link]
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] Several years post-[u]Dark Journey[/u]
    [b]Characters:[/b] Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Padmé Naberrie Skywalker
    [b]Genre:[/b] Drama, Angst, Romance
    [b]Keywords:[/b]
    [b]Summary:[/b] The war the Yuuzhan Vong is drawing to a close, forcing people to begin examining wha

26. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_blush]

Wow! I didn't realize I was actually your first interview! I'm honored!

Thank you to the Jaina_Jag_Index and whomever suggested me as a subject author. I truly appreciate everyone?s interest and kindness since I joined the boards.

Here's to more great interviews and reviews, and of course, more J/J!!!

oldj @};-

27. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awesome interview, oldj!!

28. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [:D]

Thanks Nat!

oldj

29. DarthIshtar