main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jaina Solo Story Index and Discussion Thread - 2nd Topic: ? as Jaina. NEW CHALLENGE p.3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Solo_Index, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Okay, so it?s time to get this place up and running again so if any of you have an idea of a fun challenge, the feel free to pm the sock. Otherwise I'll try to come up with something, cuz I have a few ideas but it's also up to you, if there is a challange that you'll like to see be done then please, don't hesitate to send a pm.

2. Jaina_Solo_Index

Jaina_Solo_Index Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2006
    It's time for our first challenge. It will run from June 1- June 30. Please post all entries in the Challenge thread here

And the challenge is...

Challenge: Write a letter, taking place sometime after a major event in Jaina's life (can be good or bad), from her to one or both of her parents. It can be serious, humorous, whatever you desire.

Must include:
    the phrase "It's not my fault"
    the words- Red, starship, record, hairy, and accidental.

It can be no longer than 3500 words.

Happy writing! :)

3. Jaina_Solo_Index

May 21, 2006
    We also need three volunteers for judges. :)

4. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Do we just post a link here in this thread?

And also, does it have to be a cannon event, or can it be AU?

5. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    Judge? Hmm...[face_thinking] I'm already in two challenges, so...I probably won't have time to write...I have no ideas to write off the top of my head as it is swimming with ideas for my two other challenges. :D I'll get back to ya. ;)

6. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Okay, so I know that I probably should log in as Jana_Solo_Index but anyway.

Kissa - We were planning to but up the entries, here in this thread but if you put link in here then that should be fine as well and we'll add it to the thread then, if you don't want to do both that is.

And I it's okay to make up an AU thing if you can come up with something that hasn't already happen to Jaina;).

7. Jaina_Solo_Index

May 21, 2006
    See what I wrote as myself (Star_Angel)

8. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Okay. I finished my entry and put it up in the thread.:)

9. Jaina_Solo_Index

May 21, 2006
    Sounds good. Just let us know. :)

10. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Interesting place, Star_Angel! :)

11. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Which parent is Jaina more like? And how big of an effect do you think Leia and Han not being around made on Jaina's future choices?
    [/i]

Well, first off, I think Jaina is most like Han. She's rather blunt and uncouth much of the time, and she loves flying.

As for how Leia and Han affected her future choices . . . well, I think that they really, really did a lot. On the surface she resented Leia for a while for not being around; however, eveything she has done in NJO I think can be tied back to the reason that Han and Leia were never around - saving the galaxy.

From her parents she got a strong desire to protect the galaxy and bring peace. The choices she has made since she became an adult are angeled toward that.

12. Jaina_Solo_Index

May 21, 2006
    Okay, right now we have five wonderful responses to the June Challenge:

It?s not my fault! By Kissa

Happy again by aurrasingrules101

I Blame You by JainaJag14

I Felt Like I Let Her Down by padawanlost

Sorry by Handmaiden_Rabe

You can find them here

And well, June is coming to an end and so is this challenge so if any of you have a fun idea of a new challenge, then feel free to pm it to us otherwise will have to come up with something new and fun but you are more then welcome to help cuz well, I think that we can need it;).

13. Jaina_Solo_Index

May 21, 2006
    Okay, so I haven?t been here in a long time, and I?m so sorry about that, DRL have been hard. Well, hopefully that will change soon.

Oh, and I?ve updated the Index with a story from Mira_Jade.

~2nd Topic~

I guess that it?s time with a new topic to pick up speed again.

Okay, let?s say that any era of the EU would become a movie/TV-show, who, in your opinion would you chose to play Jaina?

14. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Okay, let?s say that any era of the EU would become a movie/TV-show, who, in your opinion would you chose to play Jaina?

I would like to see Keira Knightly play Jaina in a mini series during the time of Dark Journey, Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand.

Why that era of EU...because it has it all. She falls to the dark side, finds love and kicks some Yuuzhan Vong booty too. Now...who to play her green eyed love interests??? Must go do some research on that. * grabs towel for drool *

15. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    for Jag? Stanislav Ianevski http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1648506/ even though he is young. Look he's even got the stern and haircut for it.[face_love]

16. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    You know, ever since I saw HP4, I have thought that exact same thing.

17. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Now...who to play her green eyed love interests???

Check these three green eyed hunks out... http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2510/IoanGruffu_Kambo_2999437_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Owen,%20Clive&seq=82]

Just a thought.;)

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm really glad I found this place since Jaina is one of my favourite characters and is currently one that I write about quite a bit. :D

You guys are doing an awesome job so far!

19. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    is the winner of the June challenge going to be announced any time soon?

20. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Also I submit for Jag- Jensen Ackles http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0010075/

He looks a lot like the japanese coverart of Jag. He looks like he could be hot correlian military and could be taken seriously as a commanding officer. [face_blush] And he's kinda hot too.

21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's hard to find someone to play Jag.

I mean, who would be hot enough?:p =P~

~MJ@};-

22. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I think Jennifer Garner would make a great Jaina. She can pull off the anger and fiery personality, the sacrifice and determination, but at the same time she has a sweetness to her. And despite all that Jaina's been through, I think a part of her just really wishes she could catch up on her childhood a bit.

As for hunky men, oh boy! That's a topic I like. [face_batting] Stanislav works for me - I can look at him and think, yep, he's definitely related to Baron Fel. :p

23. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    I always thought Rachel McAdams would make a really good Jaina.

24. Jaina_Solo_Index

May 21, 2006
    First off, the Jaina_Solo_Index would like to apologize for the delay. blush

All the entries were wonderful! It was very difficult to pick a winner. After much thought, a winner has been chosen.

The Winner of the Jaina Solo Index June Challenge is......

*drumroll*

Padawanlost!
    Excellent entry. Very nifty idea. Congratulations! [face_dancing]

We thank everyone for participating and hope you all enter our next challenge which will be up soon!

25. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    [face_blush] Thank you, everyone.

I'm honored to be among such company, and glad that you enjoyed the letter.

[:D] to everyone.

Can't wait for the next challenge.

ps: aurra might be on to something with Rachel McAdams. Though Keira can swing a very convincing sword.

Now if only this wasn't hypothetical [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.