main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Jar Jar Binks Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CoolyFett, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    TBH I think the ending for the character—to see him grieving at Padme’s funeral—is the best ending they could’ve given him.

DarthHass and Lowly Gungan like this.
  2. Lowly Gungan

Lowly Gungan Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 11, 2022
    Good point. I would have liked to see more of him, however.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  3. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    Has anyone seen the Clone Wars episode Shadow Warrior? I wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but that episode really proved, in my opinion, that Jar Jar is the sort of character who can really be taken seriously if written well.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Not sure if it's been posted, but here's this.

Lowly Gungan likes this.
  5. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    No one liked Yoda in ESB? Geez George you couldn't be more wrong about that one. I don't recall anyone hating 3PO in 77 either. It's like when he says ANH got bad reviews. I love George but some of the stuff he comes up with...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  6. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    George is referring to stuff he personally heard

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah.....Yoda was a huge hit. to this day people still have that sort of comedic view of him based on his first few minutes in Empire. He's right about the rest, people want dark,, that's why they went nuts for the Vader scene in Rogue One. true about the accents too.

christophero30 likes this.
  8. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    To be honest, I thought Jar Jar was a better comedy character than Threepio. Even from the beginning, I think Jar Jar has more depth.
    "Accents don't make a stereotype"—something I wish more people remembered when criticizing Jar Jar.

I definitely thought the Ewoks were a good addition. Is it weird that Jar Jar gives me Sesame Street vibes more than Yoda does?

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I have never heard George laugh this much. RIP, Robin Williams. He truly brought joy to everyone.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  10. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    @SateleNovelist11 , to be honest, I kind of find Jar Jar a more interesting character than Threepio.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Well, it makes sense because Jar Jar is an organic being. 3PO is a droid and is relatively static insofar as he doesn't change that much until ROTJ. R2 curses a good deal, presumably, but he's far braver. Jar Jar has more to do in TCW, and I do find him funnier (in a laugh-out-loud sense) than 3PO. 3PO is good for dry humor, though.

Lowly Gungan likes this.
  12. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    Agreed. In other words, Jar Jar's a person. I would note that I counted at least one truly serious Jar Jar scene in The Phantom Menace (when he first brings up the Gungans when talking to the queen's bodyguard), which is more than I counted from any scene in the entire Original Trilogy from Threepio.

13. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    This is the most GOATED thread on this whole site lol. I've already said it a million times on this site, but I love Jar Jar Binks. I'm mainly referring to Jar Jar in The Phantom Menace, I haven't seen his episodes of The Clone Wars in so long, but I very much appreciate Jar Jar as a character and Ahmed Best and George Lucus for bringing this character to life. Even though I do not believe it to be in current canon or anything I do also like to dabble in some Darth Jar Jar fan theories.

14. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    i agree. In 1999 I had one of those mini plush jar jars hanging from my then super cool amethyst dodge neon sport.

I may have seen TPM 20 times in theaters. I also may have been slightly obnoxious.

also, one of my jar jar legos on display is holding a red lightsaber. Adding to the theories…

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  15. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
  16. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    This is my head canon now. I would love if this was true. Hopefully one day we can see the rest of the events between Grogu and Kelleran Beq (and hopefully Jar Jar)

17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    No I can't appreciate him , sorry :(

18. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Your loss. :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024